Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Batman: Secret Files, Chapter 22- Ancient Secrets

In the Batcave, I scanned the torn cape of the Skull Knight. There were no answers coming from it. It seems that the Skull Knight didn't want anyone to reveal his true identity. The computer couldn't figure out the exact details of it. Except that the computer gave some details about the Skull Knight's past. The armour was designed back in the Middle Ages. The time when the knights of shining armour were gathered to fight against their common enemy. I'm thinking that the Skull Knight must have been a modern, ordinary person inspired by the legend.

I took out the paper which came printing from the machine. The paper showed some dates when the Skull Knight actually appeared. There wasn't enough information, regarding how the Skull Knight came to be. Who was he? That was the only question that went roaming in my mind. As I kept looking at the information from the paper, my phone gave out a ring. I picked it up from the table to see who it was.

"Yes."

"Batman, It's Gordon."

"Hi Jim. What's up?"

He paused, probably didn't like the idea of the Dark Knight killing a mad killer on the loose. I guess Jim wanted answers of why I killed the Berserker. He may know why I work for the Stranger. But lying about the death of the Berserker would certainly tick him off.

"I need to speak with you."

"I'm on an investigation, Jim. Now's not the time."

"I see. Is it because of another vigilante, the so-called Skull Knight?"

"Yes, I'm trying to find out who he is. I need some answers so that I could capture him."

"Batman..." He paused again. I don't know how long this will take. But I had to make sure everything goes according to plan. I was planning to ask my former history teacher about the Skull Knight's origin since I couldn't get enough details from the computer.

"Jim, I have to go."

"Batman...wait."

"I know why you want to talk with me."

"You do?"

"Yes. If you think I actually killed the Berserker, you're wrong." I ended the call. I looked at the paper one last time, just to provide more thinking about the Skull Knight character. Then I put the paper on the table and left the Batcave. It's time to visit the history professor.

The history professor's name was Dr. Henry Agathie. He came from England to teach the students in Gotham University. He was a dear friend and a great teacher. He taught me so many things about ancient history. I got hooked by his teachings that I went to the library to extract more information out of the old books. People would think that reading the old books were boring and stupid. Nobody would take notice of these books since they were long forgotten just like the events in the past.

I parked my batmobile near the parking lot of Gotham University. Then as usual, I activated the stealth mode to make the batmobile disappear. The parking lot didn't had a lot of cars except for one. I looked at my wrist watch which said, 11:00 pm. This is the time that Dr. Henry Agathie always stay late. I went to the entrance of the Gotham University. It's strange for Batman to enter the quiet campus. Nobody was around to see who was coming and going out of the campus. Sometimes, the janitors stay late, doing their mopping, cleaning duties. I looked over the classrooms. The doors that led to the classrooms, were still open. I walked through the hallway and opened another set of doors. On the right side, there was a door which the message said, the Gotham Library. Some students would come to the library, take time to study for exams or research on their projects. I went to the door and opened it. There is a stairway which leads to the library. I walked up the stairs, slowly. I opened another door and closed it behind me. The library was quiet and still, nobody was around.

The library had tons of books on their stacks, whether it was poetry, English, History and other various subjects. I recalled this library was quite the same which I've attended before. It sure does bring back memories. I also used to study criminal psychology here. The library was quite large like an office building. There are other libraries much similar to this one.

A sound came by and I noticed that someone was typing the buttons on the computer. I saw him sitting, staring at the computer screen with his eye-glasses on. He looked quite old, some whiteness shown on both sides of his hair. He must be writing a report on something that was clearly important. He always used to write reports or do some research on the astounding facts of the history events which have never been told. I walked slowly behind him.

"Dr. Henry Agathie."

The history professor stopped typing the report. He turned around, watching me with a surprise look on his face.

"My God! Batman?"

"Yes."

"What...What are you doing here? How do you know I was..." He paused. He must have known that Bruce Wayne is helping Batman in fighting crime. He took his glasses off, wiping them off with the handkerchief. He put them back on. He asked, "What do you want?"

"I want answers. Can you verify this for me?" I gave the Skull Knight's torn cape to the professor. He grabbed the torn cape. He looked at the cape as if he had never seen it before.

"Why...This cape. I've seen it before. It's marvellous. Where did you get this?"

"I got it from a vigilante called the Skull Knight."

"Skull Knight? You mean...the Knight of Vengeance?"

"Yes. What do you know of him?"

The history professor shook his head, thinking I might be crazy enough to believe in this fairytale. He got up from the seat, and walked over to the table. He sat down on another chair, still investigating the blue cape.

"I have to say...what you're asking me to do is rather odd. Don't you think?"

"I know. I have to catch him. He's killing the criminals, one by one."

"I see. Then I guess you're going to kill him too?"

The professor already knows what I did to the Berserker. But I don't have to explain him of what's actually going on. I ignored the statement, staring at the professor.

"There isn't much time, professor. I need to know more about the Skull Knight. Can you help me?"

The professor took his glasses off again. But this time, he rubbed his eyes and put the glasses on. He looked at the torn cape again and said, "Alright...I'll do as you say. But this will take time."

To be continued in Batman: Secret Files, Chapter 23- The Knight is Born.

The Skull Knight came from the Middle Ages? What does this mean? Can the history professor provide enough information about the Skull Knight's past? Find out in the next chapter of BATMAN!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.