Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Batman: Secret Files, Chapter 21- Way of the Warrior

Some people call him the Skull Knight. The others call him the Knight of Vengeance. He's the next madman on my list of new criminals. I had to track him down wherever he was going through the dark streets of Gotham. The Stranger said that the Skull Knight was none like other bad guys whom I've fought with. He was actually another superhero vigilante who thinks people deserve to die just because they commit aweful crimes. For one thing, I never committed a crime which is to say that I made them think that way. I guess this Skull Knight have found out about it. He decided to hunt me instead.

There were news over the place, regarding the Skull Knight. He came riding his black horse, saving people from killers, robbers, and such kind. I never knew he would kill the bad guys. That's why I had to chase him down before he chases me or kills anyone else.

I parked my batmobile across the side of the street. I came out of the batmobile, closed the door. There were no people in sight. A lucky time for the Batman to hide his vehicle inside view. I activated the stealth mode for the batmobile so that nobody would notice it. I wouldn't want them to either steal or wreck my million-dollar batmobile.

I was walking through the streets until I heard some screaming noises. The noises were coming from the down alley. I ran to the alley and noticed a group of thugs running, and shouting for help.

"HELP! HELP US!"

"AAAAAAAAH!"

There was another sound coming from the down alley. It sounds like this Skull Knight was riding a horse. I stopped the thugs, hit their faces and stomachs before they passed through me. They fell down on the floor.

"AH F*CK BATMAN!" one of the thugs shouted angrily.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"He's..." the other thug stopped, sounding afraid. But he was pointing towards the down alley. He didn't come for them just yet. Maybe, he's riding his horse on the other side of the road. I have to go and look. Before that, I had to tie up the thugs with some ropes. I made a phone call to the police about the capture of the thugs. Then I went running through the dark down alley. It was so dark that it felt like I was in the darkest cave ever. Except that there were no bats flying all over.

I came out of the alley and still saw no nobody on sight. I guess people were terrified of the Skull Knight or me. I looked all over the places on the street such as the closed shops, restaurants, and the gymnasium. It seems that the Skull Knight haven't entered these places. But I know he's hiding somewhere. He's doing this just to get me cornered.

The sound of the galloping horse was still overheard. I had to check around to see where and when he'll be coming for me. After a short while, the Skull Knight finally came from another alley, riding his black horse. He had a sword in his hand except the shield. I guess he couldn't carry both of the weapons while riding his horse. I immediately ran towards him, giving several kicks on the horse. The horse screamed but the Skull Knight didn't fall back. He swing his sharp sword that tore near half of my black cape. I held the sword, trying to break it. The Skull Knight punched me on my face. I fell down on the floor. He kept riding his black horse through the street. He turned around to face me. This time, he allowed his horse to stand firmly on the floor. I got up and took out a batarang from my utility belt. I fling the batarang in the air, against the Skull Knight. The Skull Knight managed to deflect the batarang with his sword.

"DEMON!" The Skull Knight said harshly. "I AM THE KNIGHT OF VENGEANCE! TODAY IS YOUR LAST DAY OF JUDGEMENT! HEAR ME, BY THE GRACE OF GOD!"

I'm thinking this Skull Knight character must be mad enough to think that I've actually killed Jack Knobb. How am I going to convince the Knight of Vengeance that I didn't do anything wrong? There's no telling of what this Skull Knight might do to others. In case the Skull Knight thinks that the bad guys deserve to die.

"Ok, Skull Knight," I said. "The hunt is over. You're coming with me."

"NEVER IN MY LIFE, DEMON! I WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO BE TAKEN BY THE LIKES OF YOU!"

He rode his black horse very fast that I had enough time to take out another batarang from my utility belt. I threw another one and this time it hit the Skull Knight's face.

"AAAAGH!" The Skull Knight shouted with pain as he fell down from his horse. I ran towards him, ready to strike him with several blows. The Skull unexpectedly rose up from the floor, with his sword still gripped on his left hand. He raised his sword a bit high. I went backwards as the Skull Knight strike the sword against the floor by accident. I punched him on the face, took his hand, trying to take the sword away. But the Skull Knight gave a hard blow on my gut with his hand. He then punched me on the face again...and again...and again.

"WHAT'S THE MATTER, DEMON? YOU LOST YOUR STRENGTH?"

"No...I haven't lost it...yet."

"YOU ARE SUCH BRAVE THING TO SAY THAT! HOWEVER, YOU SHALL BE DESTROYED!"

As the Skull Knight was about to stab me with his sword, I clapped the sword tightly both of my hands. A second later, I broke the sword in half.

"WHAT THE..." the Skull Knight paused with amazement.

"You see..." I said. "I still got my strength." I gave him another punch on the skull. He swing his arm, ready to punch me. But I managed to take hold of his hand and twisted it to the right.

"AAAAARGH!"

"Come on, Skull Knight. It's over. Surrender...NOW!"

"NEVER IN MY LIFE I WILL SURRENDER TO THE LIKES OF YOU, DEMON! NEVER!"

The SKull Knight threw some object on the floor. The smoke came out, which made me cough a bit. I tried to see the Skull Knight, thinking that he made another sort of attack to get me. But this time, he escaped along with his black horse.

D@Mn it. I almost got him. This was my chance to capture the Skull Knight for the Stranger. Of course, people do fail their mission along the way. But there is always another chance.

I went back to the batmobile, turned off the stealth mode and sat on the front seat. I turned on the engine, and a call came out. I picked up the call.

"Yes."

"I see you've failed your mission."

"How do you know?"

"Like I said earlier. I know everything."

I wonder if the Stranger knows that Alfred is still alive, lying on the hospital bed. There are things that might go awry. If I don't succeed capturing the Skull Knight, there is more likely a chance that this Stranger will expose my secret identity to the world. Or cause harm to those who were closest to me.

"Batman...Or shall I say, Bruce Wayne. You have to capture him, no matter what the cost. Or else..."

He ended the call without saying anything further. While I fought the Skull Knight, I managed to get a torn piece of the blue cape from the back of his shining armour. There were random thoughts that came running to my head. Who was the Skull Knight or the Knight of Vengeance? If the people say that the Skull Knight is the good guy, then why bother capturing him for the Stranger? I could just not listen to the Stranger and capture him myself. It's less likely that killing the bad guy would make that person bad. But there is a side of justice to that question. I swore that I wouldn't kill anyone even if it means that they kill someone close. I'll have to find the Skull Knight in time. In order to solve that problem, I need to know who he really is.

To be continued in Batman: Secret Files, Chapter 22- Ancient Secrets.

Wow! Batman nearly captured the Skull Knight. Who is the Skull Knight? You may find out in the next chapter of BATMAN!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.