Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Batman: Secret Files, Chapter 19- Justice

"COME OUT, DEMON! COME OUT AND FACE ME!"

The sound of a black horse kept galloping through the dark streets of Gotham. It's been a tough, wild night. I have been running away from the crazy man whom they call the "Knight of Vengeance." I had to find out who would ever send him to capture me. I doubt it would be Jim Gordon. There was no way he would make a deal with the crazy man in the search for Batman. I've seen a lot of crazy criminals in my time. But not like this. The Knight of Vengeance wanted to exact vengeance upon me for the death of another madman, the Berserker.

Jack Knobb was once my friend who later turned out to be the madman, I've killed two weeks ago. But I didn't actually kill him. I only grazed his skull with a single bullet, just to make it look like I killed him. That was the time, I had to make an announcement, saying that I have actually killed a dangerous criminal in front of their eyes. People were relieved of the fact that the Batman have finally done it. But there were others who didn't like the sound of it. Because they know that Batman would never kill anyone.

I hid myself behind the alleys, littering with crawling rats, garbage cans, and torn newspapers. One of the torn newspapers mentioned that Batman killed the Berserker. But there had to be proof, indicating that I really killed him. The only proof I had to convince the Stranger that I needed a body double. This body double was already dead due to unknown causes. I only did this to make sure that people would think the impossible that Batman would ever do. Was it the right thing? That question just kept going through my mind. If I hadn't assumed that I killed the mad criminal, the people of Gotham would rally against the Caped Crusader. So I guess I had to do it. There's no telling what other problems might happen along the way. But how long will people will find out that I didn't kill the mad Berserker? That Batman would trick them, thinking that their nightmare was over. There was no other choice. Someone has to keep fighting crime in Gotham and that's me.

"BY THE GRACE OF GOD, COME OUT! WHEREVER YOU ARE!"

The Knight of Vengeance wore like a medieval suit of armour. He held a sword on his left hand, galloping his horse forward through the quiet street. I still hid in the alleys, thinking what I should do next. I took out a pellet bomb and threw it over the ground. The smoke came out of it so that I could cover myself and fight the Knight of Vengeance. Something tells me that this avenger is not likely some superhero. He either could be a vigilante who thinks that he can kill people with his own righteous ways. It did happen to criminals. They were dead due to the cause of the Knight of Vengeance's actions.

I went forward to the approaching Knight of Vengeance. He had the helmet which shaped like a skull. His eyes were glowing red like some demon trying to scare the pants out of worried citizens. The Knight of Vengeance saw me as I went passed him. He swing his sword to the left and right, trying to stop me and see where I'm going through this smoke screen. I then knocked him off from his horse. I slapped the horse's butt which made it galloped far away so that the Knight of Vengeance won't have anything to ride with. I hit him on the face, which made the mad Knight tumbled over the ground. He got up from the ground, swinging his sword again. I hit him again on his face and this time on the stomach. But the Knight of Vengeance didn't feel anything since he wore a protective armour. I punched on the stomach very hard this time. I threw my legs over, pushing him down. I took his sword away from his arm, then pointing it towards the Knight of Vengeance who has just been defeated during a battle game.

"NO! YOU CANNOT DEFEAT ME! BY THE GRACE OF GOD, I SHALL DESTROY YOU FOR YOU HAD DESTROY HIM!"

"I didn't kill him," I said.

"LIAR!" the mad knight shouted. He slammed the sword from my grip and pushed me over the ground. I tried to get away from him, but the the strength of his armour is pinning me down like a rock. I remembered the last time the Rafferty brothers had used a bulletproof vest to protect their possible injuries and not getting killed. I guess this would be one example when someone who is trying to get rid of crimes or commit them in their own ways. For me, I never had that much protection. Only in cases of possible dangerous threats.

I thought of ways to get away from the Knight of Vengeance. I picked up a small object from my utility belt, and sprayed a can of black pepper into his red. glowing eyes.

"AAAAAHHHH!" the Knight of Vengeance backed out, screaming. I finally got away from the mad knight. I gave him several kicks on his armour and then on his face. The Knight of Vengeance kept falling back as he tried to see where he was going. He then took out a dagger and stabbed through the side of my chest. I felt the pain quite but not that much. Then something went wrong. I felt dizzy all of a sudden, which made me fell down on the ground. The things before my eyes were getting blurry. Even though, I couldn't see them properly, I can hear some noise coming from the mad knight himself. There was the clinging sound of the armour and then his sword. Something tells me that the Knight of Vengeance had taken his sword back, ready to strike me. The black pepper spray seemed to wear out for seconds.

"THE DAY HAS COME, DEMON! I SHALL RID YOU OUT OF THE EARTH! ONCE AND FOR ALL!"

To be continued in Batman: Secret Files, Chapter 20- First Knight.

Holy Batman! Talk about two Knights of Vengeance facing each other. Will Batman able to stop this so-called Knight of Vengeance before his head gets cut off? Who is this Knight of Vengeance? Find out in the next chapter of BATMAN!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.