Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Batman: Secret Files, Chapter 13- Behind the Mask

It all started when Adam Grenadier launched his own company. His death was quite a surprise even his friends, families, and coworkers never knew that it would happen. Before he was the CEO of Grenadier Corp, he always wanted to become a fine actor. But his family tradition didn't allow him to reach his goals. However, he did try acting lessons in secret and his own time. He used to visit small theatres where he acted by himself. At that moment, he was visited by a young girl who later became Adam's wife in the future. Adam fell in love with her and they acted together as if though the audience were watching a Romeo and Juliet play. A real life romance.

The girl, Nancy was turned out to be the daughter of a rich man, and the friend of Adam's father. In her college years, she studied to become a plastic surgeon. The rich family tradition brought her and Adam together until they got married later. This was a great opportunity for the lovers to pursue their own acting dreams. But on the way, they had trouble, finding their right gig and not being able to be accepted for their profound acts. These kinds of acts have cause their dreams to shatter into pieces. Like the glass which accidentally dropped on the floor, caused a bomb-like explosion. Adam didn't give up hope as he and Nancy kept trying. No matter how many times they worked hard, the judges and the audience never liked their performances. When Adam's father learned about this, he was disappointed of what his son was trying to accomplish. All the money that the lovers spend on their acting lessons were wasted. Yet, they haven't earned much like the other actors would have. Later, the lovers decided to quit their dreams and launch their first company, the Grenadier Corporation, with the help of their friends. It had been a great success, which lead them to be recognized by tabloids, newspapers, and the media. Even Adam's father was proud to hear that he became a successful businessman. During this time, their only daughter named Samantha was born.

Years later, Samantha grew up to become an intelligent and beautiful woman just like her mother, Nancy. She followed her mother's footsteps, becoming the next plastic surgeon in Grenadier Corp. Sometimes, men were interested in her beautiful looks but the young woman herself wasn't interested in them. She only needed to find someone in her life, which could make herself appreciated at all times. Then, the news came about in Gotham where Samantha had learned about Batman's existence. Ever since she saw and heard Batman everywhere, catching criminals, putting them back at the Arkham Asylum, and helping others in need. It was a flash of romantic light that went through her eyes. She fell in love with the Dark Knight and yet, she couldn't forget about him. She used to hire a photographer to snap pictures of Batman, crawling through the night. So that Samantha could stare at his pictures all day long. But it wasn't enough. She wanted more. She wanted....Batman.

When Adam and Nancy learned about their daughter's obsession, they sent her for psychiatric help. But the cure didn't occur since she wanted Batman to come near her, make love, and have fun times like a normal couple. But Adam saw through another option. He knew there was a way to cure Samantha's mental illness. Without Nancy's presence, he told Samantha secretly that he had an idea of bringing Batman close to her. But the idea was too terrific to bear and Samantha didn't know what to do. So Samantha did what her father told. They went to Grenadier Corp and staged an explosion that seemingly killed Adam Grenadier. The reason behind his death was quite a clever one and horrible for anyone to know, including his wife, Nancy. Adam's opportunity was to act as the impersonator. An imposter who acts like anyone else. Imitating their characteristics like he always did when he was a young child. His motive was to bring Batman out from the dark shadows of the night. In order to bring the Batman, Adam asked his own daughter to perform a plastic surgery on himself. To look perfectly as the Joker and Batman.

Now, Adam is standing in the server room, along with Samantha holding her right side of the shoulders, and I was looking at them. When I looked at them, the realization came to my mind, saying that Adam could be the person, whose picture was displayed inside her locket. The locket was still worn around her precious neck. Yet, she still didn't bother to open it or show it to anyone. The slight old man, Adam walked up towards me. He had a slight white hair, and wearing some kind of British-style clothes, which he could have bought from the dressing store. It looks like Adam became a fine actor.

"You see, Batman," Adam explained the whole story. "This is why have done it. I did it for her."

As crazy as it sounds, I never thought a man like Adam would do such a thing. Even his own daughter who wanted Batman to appear right in front of her. I told Adam with a fierce look.

"You shouldn't have done this, Adam. People believed you're dead, including Nancy."

"Yes, I know. But this was the only way."

"Only way?"

"Don't you understand, Batman? I only acted as the Joker so that Batman could appear. Unfortunately, he didn't. Then I had to become Batman just to frame you."

"You went too far, Adam. You better come with me. Now."

"You won't leave Samantha. Would you? WOULD YOU?!"

I didn't say a word to his mouth of a madman. He went through great lengths in trying to cure her mental illness. He may have been the imposter but was also a great actor who fooled his wife, friends, and colleagues. Nevertheless, this had became a long night.

While I was about take Adam with me, a group of five armed and masked men crashed through the wide glass window while sliding their tight ropes. Pieces of glass went all over the floor, while Samantha knelt down covering herself from the glass pieces. I covered Adam from the pieces, with my cowl. The armed guys went around the floor, blocking us. They wore a dark blue suit and the red goggles on their hood-style masks. They were like some kind of assassins who were sent to kill us. One of them spoke up as if he was the leader of the group. He said that they came here just to hunt one person. And that is....

"Batman. It looks like we have interrupted your mission. But it's done."

"What?" I asked. "Who are you?"

"Hmm! Hmm! Hmm! Hmm! You should know, Batman. I work for the Stranger and we came here to get the Imposter."

I never realized this would happen right away. But they must have been the Stranger's agents who have taken the vampire, Francis last time. I assumed they came here to get Adam.

"You mean....Adam."

"You're quite right. But he's not the one we're looking for."

"What are you saying?"

"Don't you see, Batman? We figured that Samantha is the real imposter. Even though she hadn't dressed like a drag queen."

I realized whom these armed guys were talking about. It wasn't Adam who acted as the real imposter. But the woman herself. She did it for her father so that she can bring back Batman to her. Yet, it didn't make any sense why they wanted her.

"You can't take her!"

"We will take her by force. You know that if you don't cooperate with us, your true identity will be lost...forever!"

He was right. I didn't know what to do. I was frustated even though I had the chance to beat them down like rats. They can't take Samantha away. They just...can't.

"What's the matter, Batman? Can't think of any other options?"

As my thoughts wander around, thinking of what the Batman could do to stop this madness, Adam came rushing in, pushing one of the guys, who was holding Samantha's hand. Samantha was crying for my help, which I tried to. But these guys wouldn't let me. And I just....couldn't do it.

"LET ME GO! BATMAN! PLEASE HELP!" she screamed as her locket was accidentally stripped away by one of the armed guys. The locket dropped on the floor, which got opened slightly. Adam cries out, forcing me to help Samantha.

"BATMAN! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? HELP HER! HELP MY DAUGHTER!"

I hesitated again as the armed leader continued his harsh speech.

"She has the gift of impersonating a person's face. Yet, there is more about her than her special skill. The true Imposter!

While hearing those words, the leader ordered his agents to take her away. Then they went out through the broken glass window as Adam cried out with frustation. He stood there, watching his daughter being swept away like the wind. He then turned around, getting angry at me.

"YOU FOOL! WHY DIDN'T YOU SAVE HER?"

I didn't want to tell him the details. But I was still frustated, and angry about this whole charade. I pulled his white shirt towards in front of me, saying some harsh words.

"If it weren't for you, this wouldn't have happen!"

The slight old man didn't say a word, but he knew that I was right. Samantha's father had made a terrible mistake. He replied in his soft, crying words.

"I only did....what's best for my daughter."

My eyes were facing upon him. Since Samantha wasn't the real criminal, Adam has to be put back in jail. No matter how crazy his story will go out in public and letting Nancy know that his husband is alive.

I let go off his white shirt, went to get the locket from the floor. I opened the locket curiously to see who was inside the picture besides Samantha. When opening the locket, my feelings went away like a dried sand. There was no doubt about Samantha's true madness. The picture besides Samantha was....

"Master Bruce", the butler called out to me while I was staring at the picture of my late parents. My face didn't turn facing towards Alfred, but I hadn't realized that someone was there standing besides him.

"What is it, Alfred?"

"Master Dick is here to see you, sir."

I looked around to watch Dick standing in his own firm posture. Like a handsome man whom young women would find very attractive. He realized that the Batman was innocent as he was claimed in the last night news. Nancy must have been terrified to hear what her husband had to say in court and jail. All the charges were dropped against Batman but I felt guilty for not saving the beautiful Samantha. Even though she did break my heart in a strange way. On the other hand, Samantha was presumed to be killed by Adam himself.

Dick came to the guestroom and sat on the other chair, facing towards where I was sitting. He looked through me, wanting to ask questions regarding the capture of Adam who acted as Joker and Batman. Good and Evil. A never-ending battle. But Dick came here for an apology just like Samantha.

"Bruce....I'm sorry."

"About what?", I asked sarcastically, just to see what he was apologizing for.

"About not seeing the whole picture. I couldn't tell whether it's the real you."

"Don't worry about it."

He stopped talking for a while, then thought of asking another question. It was Samantha's locket.

"What did you see in her locket, Bruce?" Dick asked curiously when he saw the locket at the crime scene, but wasn't allowed to open it.

I never wanted to answer that question. It was like a scary feeling to see that picture besides Samantha. I thought there were separate photos on each one side of the locket. But it was actually one picture showing her and.....

"Believe me, Dick. You don't want to know."

To be continued in Batman: Secret Files, Chapter 14- Changes.

So who was standing besides Samantha? Well, I'll give you two possible solutions and it's up to you to decide. (This is like a spinning top example from the movie, Inception. =P) The one standing besides Samantha, was the photo of the real Batman. Think about it, it's one picture. So it could be two pictures in one. Or it's one single picture of Samantha standing with her father who impersonated as Batman.

Now, what's next for Batman? Changes? What is that mean? Find out in the next chapter of....BATMAN!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

Nice ending to this segment of the story. Good villains and unique backstory. Keep up the good work!

desperado_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By desperado_

God DAMMIT SAMANTHA.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points