NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Chapter 1: A PLEA FOR HELP

"I can give you some half-a**ed explanation that might explain why i'm here right now or some sad excuse that might hopefully make you feel sorry for me in order to forget about the fact that I run around the city dressed as a giant bat. I can, but if there is one thing that I have learned throughout this entire thing, it's that sometimes people just do things and the best way to deal with these things is to just be truthful, so that's what i'm going to do. If you had asked me this particular question a year ago I probably would have told you that my parent's divorce caused me so much pain and anger that the only way for me to vent through these emotions was to fight crime. Or I probably would have told you that the pressures of high school and life in general were too much for me to bare and my only means of escape were through grappling hooks and spandex that probably was a little tighter then it should have been. I could have told you these things, but the truth is I want you to know; all of you to know the truth about me... Bruce Anthony Wayne and why I do the things I do. The answer is simple. I'm just a little coo coo. I'm crazy. I'm emotionally unstable. I'm an outcast if you will. Sure I might be a little messed up in your eyes, but I honestly don't care. You want to arrest me? Do it. Kill me? I'm right here, come and try. You think I wear a mask to hide my face? I wear a mask to protect the people I used to care about. Seeing as that is no longer an issue here, I guess it's safe to say that I no longer need the mask or even Batman for that matter. My point is i'm here to stay. Gordon, Dent, Black Mask.. my high school English teacher Mr. Furger, i'm not going anywhere. Gotham is under my protection now. No cuffs, bars, bullets or rulers will stop me until I complete my mission. So to answer your question sir, No. I do not know why I chose to be Batman and I do not know why I am the one being arrested on live TV, unmasked for all of Gotham to see while people like Harvey Dent and Pamela Isely remain hindered from justice and punishment. I don't know anything about nothing."

A young Bruce Wayne turned from the news cameras with anger in his eyes and a small smile plastered on his face. He couldn't help but feel a large burden lifted from his chest even though the uncertainty of his future tweaked at the bottom of his brain.

1 Year Earlier.

"Do you not understand why you are here right now, Mr. Wayne?"

A short stubby man with a top hat and cane stood triumphant and bold in front of a battered and bloodied Bruce Wayne. Behind him in a standstill, stood four of his body guards who looked equally as terrifying as the next.

"My names Bruce, hotstuff. And yes. I do know why you and your boyfriends went all Blood Sport on me. You think I know who Batman is... which I don't, so you are just wasting your time Penguin."

Bruce smiled. He gathered his fallen books and crumpled papers on the floor. He then continued to face his attackers with an awkward stance with his books in his arms.

"Penguin?! How dare you talk in such a manner to Oswald Cobblepot himself. Men have died with lessor insults boy!"

Penguin raised his cane towards Bruce. His body guards then continued forward from behind him.

"Now is your final chance to redeem yourself Wayne. Use this time to either give me the identity of Batman or use it to say your final words. Batman has been a large thorn in my side since his appearance and my people suggest that you have some sort of connection to him. Now. You give me a name. Any name and I let you go. You lie to me or refuse to cooperate.. and you're as good as dead. The decision is yours alone to make."

One of the body guards walked ahead of the others. He raised a small pistol in Bruce Wayne's direction. His dark black shades gleamed in the moonlight while vague sirens screamed far off in the distance.

"Fine. You win. I'm Batman...."

Penguin and his goons remained silent for a few seconds. Then all, even Penguin bursted out in laughter.

"At least you gave us a good laugh before we put a bullet in between your eyes, boy. Can't say I have seen that one before. Go ahead Rufus."

The armed body guard turned slightly to penguin then back to Bruce. He switched off the safety and pressed softly against the trigger and shot his gun. As the bullet zoomed towards Bruce, Bruce quickly dodged it with a quick dip. As the goons and Penguin stared in awe, Bruce Wayne lifted his fists up to his face, daring them to attack him again.

"I always love making people laugh. Please give me another reason to tickle your fancy."

Penguin snarled at the the revelation and motioned his guards to attack once more. This time Bruce didn't hold anything back. The first goon swung his large tan fist but was countered and returned with one of Bruce's own. Bruce then cartwheel kicked the face of the second goon before uppercutting the chin of the third. The fourth goon remained still and quiet, still aiming his gun in Bruce Wayne's direction.

"Batman...?"

The goon asked as the gun shivered in his hands.

"Batman."

Bruce Wayne responded. His smirk twisted and his fists remained strong and aggressive over his face. The guard then turned to Penguin and shook his head.

"I'm sorry sir."

The goon then took off running on foot without another word.

"I'm gunna kill ya kid. Your life is over. There isn't a crevice or crack in this goddamn city that you can hide from me in."

Penguin screamed. His pointy nose and curled mustache dripped with sweat.

"I'm sorry. Did I miss something? Did I not just kick so much ass right now? Am I not about to punch you so hard in the face that your ugly mother will feel it? Please enlighten me Birdman, why it is I should be hiding and not you?"

Bruce giggled as he mockingly waddled towards Penguin.

"I know your identity Batman. Who's to say it don't slip my mouth by accident? I have you by the balls kid and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it."

Penguin confidently replied. His monocle gleamed and his wide smile covered most of his fear.

"Sure. Go ahead and 'out' me, Mr. Cobblepot. Go ahead and ruin your entire political career over some low level vigilante who uses his weekends and holidays to punk some low lives who just so happen to work for you. Go ahead, buddy. No one's stopping you."

Bruce replied. He shoved his books and papers back in his backpack and then studied the curious look on Penguins face with a serious one of his own.

"What do you mean, boy?"

Penguin nervously replied.

"Let's just say I have been digging a little dirt of my own in the past few weeks. Iv'e learned some interesting things about you and your re-election campaign, Mayor Cobblepot. How you use fear and bribery to submit your competitors and would be advisers. What you have been using Gotham Harbor for as of late. What you plan on building just outside of Gotham. You see, I have a supplemental amount of evidence at my disposal ... loose lips sink ships, and I like my ship not sunken by your beady little lips. How about you Penguin? Do you like your ship just where it is?"

Bruce placed his backpack over his shoulders and walked confidently past Penguin.

"I don't get it boy. Why not just kill me and my boys?"

Penguin glared at a passing Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne turned one final time before leaving the small blackened alley.

"Because i'm Batman and that just ain't my style."

Avatar image for jackson_hartley
Jackson_Hartley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Jackson_Hartley

This is pretty good. Look forward to the next.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Jackson_Hartley said:

This is pretty good. Look forward to the next.

Thanks for reading!

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By selinaky

Very interesting take on Batman! It's quite fun to read him being young and cheeky. Nicely laid out too (perhaps the text at the top could have been split into two paragraphs for easier reading). Thanks for posting it, looking forward to more. :-)

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Selinaky said:

Very interesting take on Batman! It's quite fun to read him being young and cheeky. Nicely laid out too (perhaps the text at the top could have been split into two paragraphs for easier reading). Thanks for posting it, looking forward to more. :-)

Thanks for reading and leaving some feedback!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By batkevin74

@NlGHTCRAWLER said: "No. I do not know why I chose to be Batman and I do not know why I am the one being arrested on live TV, unmasked for all of Gotham to see while people like Harvey Dent and Pamela Isely remain hindered from justice and punishment. I don't know anything about nothing."

Wow! That's really cool. Hopefully there will be a part 2???

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@batkevin74 said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said: "No. I do not know why I chose to be Batman and I do not know why I am the one being arrested on live TV, unmasked for all of Gotham to see while people like Harvey Dent and Pamela Isely remain hindered from justice and punishment. I don't know anything about nothing."

Wow! That's really cool. Hopefully there will be a part 2???

Thanks for the feedback dude and Part 2 should be up soon. :)

Thanks for reading!

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Eternal19

Nice

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points