Avatar image for captaincockblock
CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CaptainCockblock

EPILOGUE

Alfred unwrapped the morning paper over the kitchen counter and thumbed through the pages, stopping abruptly and glaring at an article reading Harley Quinn Commits Suicide in Arkham Cell.“Oh dear.” He whispered to himself and dropped the paper on the table.

In the cave, Batman stood solemnly at the illuminated glass cylinder containing the costume of Jason Todd. His cowl was off but his face was cloaked in shadow. He put his hand to the glass and lowered his head.

A hand rested gently on his shoulder. “You did the right thing, Bruce.” Alfred whispered in a calming voice. Bruce glanced over his shoulder. “I failed, Alfred.” He said. “Not at all, sir. You brought the city back from the brink of total destruction. The life of that madman is fair trade, and besides, his blood isn’t on your hands. You tried to catch him and you missed. Accidents happen.”

Bruce looked up at the costume that was once filled by the boy who’s life Joker ended without warning or reason. Even as he died, Joker had gotten the last laugh. “Yes, accident.” Alfred looked confused. “It was an accident, wasn’t it sir?”

Bruce turned around and marched up the walkway, leaving Alfred standing in the shallow light of the batcave. “Sir?”

El Dudp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By El Dudp

Damn. You squeezed quite a few shockers in there. That certainly ties up the story well.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By daak1212

Reminds me of the godfather
CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CaptainCockblock
@daak1212:  That's kinda what I thought. "Don't ever ask me about my business, Alfred." XD

@El Dudp: Thanks. I was kinda on the fence about the whole Harley thing, but then I remembered I had taken the big step of killing the Joker, if he goes, she goes.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ComicStooge
@CaptainCockblock: I just read through the hope thing. I really enjoyed it, it was epic.
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By InnerVenom123

Awesome story all in all! :D

CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CaptainCockblock

Thanks for following, guys!

CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CaptainCockblock
@ComicStooge said:
" @CaptainCockblock: I just read through the hope thing. I really enjoyed it, it was epic. "
What hope thing?