Assassin's Creed short story

GodOfMischief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GodOfMischief

This is a very short story I wrote based on Assassin's Creed, hope you enjoy.

Assassin’s Creed

It was dark in New York, rain continued to pound the city streets as it had been for the past two days. A hooded man walked between the busy crowds of oncoming people, as he navigated his way between them he glanced back to notice three men in grey trench coats who had an, odd aura of familiarity about them. Unfortunately for him, the men had also now noticed he had seen them, which had become more obvious as their pace increased. The hooded man turned left into an alleyway walking down until it came to a dead end. For a brief moment he just stood still, taking a moment to enjoy the tranquillity of the pouring rain. However the moment was ruined as the sound of a man’s voice behind him suddenly called out. “Did you really think that you could hide from us? You know it’s no wonder that the remnants of your order are tarnished and ruined if this is what is left of it, am I right Assassin?”

The hooded figure turned to face the direction of the voice, as he had predicted, the men he had seen in the grey trench coats stood before him. “Nothing to say?” the spokesman of the three men continued, “Well never mind, I’m sure we’ll get the answers we want from you soon enough,” he said with a confident smug grin. “Now how about you come with us quietly, it would be a shame if we had to make this…painful.” There was no reaction from the hooded man, his face obscured by the shadow of his hood, he remained silent as the pursuers decided to make their move. The three men began to approach the hooded man, pulling out stun rods as they began to surround him.

Unbeknownst to the man’s pursuers, they had just fallen into his trap. The first assailant came in with a downward strike intended to shatter his right collar bone, he side stepped to the left so that he was on the outside of the oncoming attacker’s arm, using his own momentum against him the hooded man reached out and grabbed the oncoming attackers right arm with his own, pushing down with the extended arm so that the assailant flipped forward landing on his back. Before he could get back up the assailant noticed a blade extend from under the hooded man’s left wrist, his surprise was cut short as the hooded man continued to plunge the blade into his throat.

The hooded man turned to see the next attack was already upon him, this time the second assailant opted for a different approach, using the stun rod’s point to thrust at his throat. The hooded man swivelled on the spot, leaving his left leg on the spot he turned with his right leg allowing himself to be on the outside of the assailant’s attack. With one swift movement he continued turning as he grabbed the attacking arm with his left wrist and pulling it towards his hip, leaving the assailant leaning forward and off balance. Without wasting the opportunity the hooded figure smashed his left elbow in to the assailants nose, making a sickening crunch as it connected. It was too late for the assailant as the hooded man followed through with another blade from his right wrist which landed in the assailant’s right eye, killing him instantly.

Silence. Only the sound of the rain comforted him, he should of felt safe; so why didn’t he? Something was out of place. The hooded man crouched down to scavenge the equipment and to see if he could salvage anything, not equipment, but answers. There it was, on the right side of one of the mysterious assailants chest was the unmistakeable insignia, Abstergo industries. To the world Abstergo was the leading pharmaceutical company, however, few knew of the real men behind it’s foundation. Templars. The sworn enemies of the Assassins, centuries they had been at war; though recently it has become evident that it will soon come to a close. Remnants of the Assassins order are now scattered around the world, and the world’s last hope.

But there were more important things at hand, Templars weren’t exactly discreet; but it wasn’t like them to come out in the open with such an obvious display of assault. The hooded man’s thoughts were cut off by his ear piece when a females voice suddenly spoke, “Marshall you there?” he surveyed the area just be safe before replying, “Yeah I’m here, what’s up?” “What’s up? We haven’t been able to contact you for the past three hours. Why is your earpiece switched off? None of our system could pick up your signal.” “The thing is Chloe, while you may be having problems with your computers, I’ve been having a few problems of my own.” There was a slight pause before she answered, “Templars.” Speaking with a clear sense of concern. “Yeah, we’ll speak about it when we meet up. Tell Blake to move to our second checkpoint; our first choice has been compromised.” He switched off the earpiece and made his way out of the alleyway back in to the streets; blending with the pedestrians without a notice as he left.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By batkevin74

@GodOfMischief: Pretty good, I know nothing of the context of Assassin's Creed (know that there's a game, kills people, genetic time travel thingy but that's it) but this is okay, maybe space it out a little but overall pretty good.

GodOfMischief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GodOfMischief

Thanks for the feedback and advice, I'll try to space it out some more next time :)

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Cool! Love Assasin's Creed! Do another one!

GodOfMischief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GodOfMischief

@tomdickharry1984: Thanks :) I'll probably add another chapter to it at some point soon.