arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Chapter 18 Ashes To Ashes

chaotic forces

This is no place like I have ever seen before.

If I were Dorthy I would click my ruby heels together and pray that when I opened my eyes that home would be all around me.

Even for the fortress of solitude this place gave new meaning to the words. Strange places.

A room that you could step into a many different realities and each with a differing point of view.

Mutants ran all over the place in one universe and in another not a single hero stood up to oppressors.

Not a single hero that is that had super powers , wore a mask or challenged the dark.

A place that the hero was only whispered of and never brought to light.

I was the tag along , not the hero type.

Krypto or as some would call me Sara Kent the forever dreamer.

I ran into the breach each chance I got.

The world behind me filled with heroes and they would never notice when I had vanished for a day or so.

In the meantime of worlds and universes seperated by space and time and this person does this and that person does that.

A random act from a stranger looks like it is random and then one day you find out it is a soul that had been planted all along.

So it had been for the room that monitored the universe and those realities that the Avenging Justice members watched.

A call had come in at 3 am to have all the members standing in the room ready for action.

When the Martha Wayne asked for a reason the voice simply said....”All will be clear after the first star goes out” The voice died away and Martha sent out the beacon and the heroes one by one by one trickled in. They sat around the large table and they looked out at the stars.

I sneaked in the room , I sat behind Emily Wayne whom looked out from her crib and she smiled at me.

“Sara” she giggled my name.

At 6 am the heroes whom were already on edge and talking at a whisper stopped talking.

A bright light in the distance grew so bright most covered their eyes all but superman and Diana and Thor. The Star went out and in the moment Thor lowered his head along with Sif and Amora.

Billions had just died. A shadow came and went through the room , one , then another and then another.

Then it was like rain flashing souls making ways through the bubble that was the very room itself.

I was trying to track them all but could not.

They were running from something.

As fast as they came they were gone.

I looked up at a bright light coming our way.

It passed star after star and then fazed through the bubble and stood before the heroes.

The Silver Surfer stood before them.

He tossed out some spheres and time stopped all outside his domain stopped.

“I have only moments to do this but we need to run and regroup and do it know”

The Surfer spoke with words of power and all of jumped to our feet.

A being stepped into our bubble.

Clark and Thor hit him with all they had making him fly out of the bubble and into deep space.

The surfer screamed we need to go he will be back in seconds.

Amora said the words of magic.

The room shifted and shifted again. A being of immense power was chasing us.

“A chaos lord is chasing us” The Surfer for a moment was worried. Chaos was nothing to mess with.

Chaos was the bane of both evil and good , Chaos cared for nothing not even itself.

Amora looked at Dr Strange and Loki.

“I cannot do this alone please help me”

They joined in Dr. Strange took her hands and Loki joined in a group of three.

“keep them off us they said”

They caught up , the champions of Chaos the twisted shadows of beings trying to warp reality for no reason other then to stop the laws of the universe.

The bubble was larger then it looked all the room in the world just did not seem like enough at the moment.

Screaming tormented souls came into view, power flew from there claws , sparks of it.

Circles the team said Thor , then we did. Ironman and The hulk on one said , Superman and Wonder women , Flash and Green lantern , Thor , Sif and Wonder Man on the another team and Spider man , SheHulk and Lex Luther on another team.

Still a huge gap stood between heroes and chaos.

I was supposed to stay with the casters shifting us.

I never did as I was told , the creatures began to attack.

Thor called the winds and they did answer and surround us knocking back the armies.

Superman made the next group pause as he seem to disappear with such speed struck all of them and pushing them back into the void. It only made them pause.

Wonder women moved in sync with Superman and they formed a wall of force unseen until that moment. The forces of chaos was starting to gain the upper hand.

Superman moved and attacked as a couple with Wonder Women giving in blow after blow as well.

The team moved as a well oiled machine.

Thor and Sif protected Amora as one would a lover , as one would a peace of themselves.

Nobody seemed to notice. The workings of gods were no place to ponder by men.

I adjusted my cap and put on my gauntlets that the nice old soul had given to me.

“use these when the time is right Sara” He had said the words to her and she swore never to tell a soul.

I took out my whistle and blew hard making no noise I could hear.

The slow motion dance around me of chaos fighting the law and I had to wonder why chaos did as it did but it did not matter.

Some just wanted to watch it all burn.

She showed up and wrapped her tale around the group.

The age old dragon whispered to us.

“no time to speak”

She then stepped back and swallowed the reality bubble and flew away.