arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By arthurkerr

Chapter 17 Time for Change

I look to my friend Kara Kent and she to me.

We have tested the bonds forged in the hearts of stars and we have found it stronger then our ability to break it.

I can see through the bars and into the rooms of other prisoners.

Aries has kept us here for so long we have almost lost hope.

To tired to shape change I simply hold onto Kara and I try to find a new reason to hope.

“He will Return”

She says the words but they seem to not be from the heart.

Krypto she says.

“be a brave girl and never give in to despair”

The magic is all around us it keeps me from changing it keeps me from thinking clearly.

A simple second is all I need , I know what happens every day and on this day it happens so fast I smile a brief but noticeable smile from Kara.

The door opens in the distance to earth , at the same time the door to our sell opens for food.

I wrap myself around her and hug her to me.

She thinks I am just being consoling.

We fly faster then you can think and in one simply second we are through the door and back in the world.

We break the chains gone from the place of the gods.

We take little time to wonder look for the home of Bruce Wayne and make our way to Gotham.

I soak up the sun , I like the rays as they bring me back to life.

Stuck looking like a child I am Krypto shape changer from Krypton.

The only one of my race to survive we have helped the people of that planet ever since they started charting the stars , ever since they needed a reminder of what it was to laugh , to love to dream and to be stuck and unable to change.

I have known the Wayne manner better then most people.

I was Girl Robin for a time when Bruce became older.

I was the one that saved him time after time when he started forgetting things.

We are going for safety , the house has secret rooms , the home of Batman and his secret world.

I look to Kara and she returns my worries , unspoken but still in the air.

From the distance you can see the manor has been woken up, maybe a new owner maybe another soul walks the great halls.

From the air the world seems more grand the garden more loved the life of a house if one existed seemed to take on a quality that it has needed through the many years.

I looked closer and there in the garden with another was Bruce Wayne , only his Youth could be seen from a great distant.

It always helps to have super eyes.

I feel her change as I hug her laying on her back as we travel.

She is happy with the news that Bruce is back and beside her is a women that seems to look almost like Diana Princes , Wonder Women only she is dressed in a long green dress and it enhances her features.

The closer we get I see it is not wonder women , not our Diana at all but some new soul.

I get the feeling she is the daughter of Diana.

Has it been so long I think to myself.

In the times that has been, lost in the second, hours, days, and months.

I look back on ages of training and mind games and people whom simply want power to rule others.

Recalling Bruce Wayne never wanted power to rule others but to keep them safe from the dark side of the world. It was one reason I went and became Girl Robin.

We land in the garden and I say nothing as Kara walks up before the two and I hug her neck afraid to say anything.

He looks at her and smiles but he looks past the face and into my eyes and he says.

“After all we been through you do not feel the need to give your old teacher and friend a hug?”

I find myself lost in a sea of emotion as our kind tend to get lost in.

Then it has happened the connection the world the embrace and he returns it and life and all the wonders seems to go on.

“We were prisoners of Aries” Kara says the words and the women just seams to get upset but says nothing.

A red flame comes and goes and was almost missed.

“Rest in one of our rooms and then we can talk”

He carries me into the manor and my old room.

“You will never change will you Krypto?”

I smile and agree it is not in my nature.

The bed welcomes me , the world safe again, the future a little brighter.

Aries will come for us and this time he may not let us both live.

I fade into dreams and thoughts of a world long dead.

Of flying friends and age old dragons and I remember the words of Jor-El.

“Keep them safe Krypto, Keep them Safe”

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

have to use my old browser it wont let me change the layout.