Ambition Chapter 1

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lorbo

This is my final version of chapter one, I have edited out all the errors. It sounds better now. I also decided to rename my story title "The Contract". LOL, too late for the title of the post I know. But all future stories will be called "The Contract" chapter whatever.

Assuming you have already read much of it, go down the to the part that says "Meanwhile in the parking lot", because that is where the story left off last.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy it.

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lorbo

The Contract: Chapter 1

Claire was early for her appointment, indeed she was always at least 20 minutes early for all appointments. But this appointment was no ordinary one, although it was to be held at an ordinary place. Recently her life had taken a dip, like someone had ran up and punched her out of the blue. She had a job two days ago, working as an accountant for a car dealership. That all changed when her boss showed her video footage of her consuming alcohol in the break room. The only problem was...it wasn't her. She had gone to her favorite restaurant for lunch.

Why anyone, let alone a drop dead look-alike would frame her was incomprehensible. But she was dead set on finding out. Earlier she had learned from her boss that her look-alike actually said something rather telling while she was there, “Tell Claire that if she wants to talk, meet me at the Hilton Hotel. Saturday at 3pm. You got that? Write it down and hand it to her for me.” she told the clerk. The clerk thought she was merely joking, and gave an odd stare as 'Claire' went straight to the break room holding the bottle.

So now the real Claire was walking in the parking lot, and not alone either. Flanking her on both sides was her tall brother on one side, and her father on the other. She had no reason to trust whoever she was going to meet, so she brought protection. Inside the hotel lobby they sat down on a plush sofa. Only 5 minutes to go. They were all dressed in business attire and she was the definition of a white collar female. She wore a light blue shirt with a gray suit, while her hair was neck length and light blond naturally. More than a few men had tried to date her, however she was too busy to ever get involved with anyone for long.

Her parents made sure of that, last thing they wanted was for her to get a baby before she could support herself. In so doing they created a girl who became skilled in various ways by the time she was 19. By then she had her pilot's license and could play the violin like a pro, as well as dance ballet. Getting another job was a concern, but not something she was especially worried about; she could always fall back on her office skills if nothing else. The reason she showed up was more a matter of principle. No one had the right to impersonate her, no one had the right to humiliate her, who does that mess anyway? How dare they!

The time was up. Exactly at 3 pm and no one had showed. Whoever it was...being punctual was not one of their strong points. A few seconds later a familiar figure walked up to the entrance of the lobby...it was her twin! She wore a yellow business suit, an odd choice for Claire. The twin walked up straight to the cashier, not even noticing Claire as she began booking a room. Immediately Claire and her family got up and approached her from behind.

The clerk's eyebrows perked up as he saw the identical looking blonde approach with two men. She looked rather cross and was about to tap his customer on the shoulder before the clerk interrupted, “Uh, miss, you might want to look behind you.” The twin turned about to see Claire, her tall brother, and her muscular but older father. Her face went red, “I uh...didn't expect you to be here.” Claire's anger turned to curiosity, this was certainly going to be something she could tell her grandchildren about if she ever had any.

“Two questions.” she said pointing at her, “Who are you? And why? Why did you impersonate me?” There was a pause of silence as the twin's eyes moved back and forth, “I--I will tell you, just let me finish here.” With that she turned about to face the clerk once more. Claire turned her her face to her father curiously, “Dad?”

He was perplexed, “You were the only girl I ever had, this...this is just incredible.” Her brother smirked, “Wish I had a twin...under different circumstances of course, not like yours of course.” he said apologetically.

The twin turned round again and was smiling this time, “Come with me to the tables over there, we'll talk.” her hands beckoned toward the restaurant area in the hotel. She glanced at Claire as the four of them walked together, “How did you find me?”

“You told me to meet you here..” The twin began blushing again, “Me?! I didn't...I've only been her for...oh you wouldn't understand anyway.” she said with a frown. She reached into her purse for something and stopped. Claire was clearly annoyed and raised her finger, “Yes you did! What's the point of this? What do you want? Don't play games with me..whoever you are.” The twin produced a shiny marble size ball from her purse and said “That..is none of your business.” In a swift motion she flung it to the floor, which caused a big puff of white smoke. Claire's eyes and nose felt a burning sensation. She quickly moved away from the smoke and spotted her twin making her way for the entrance. She was trying her best to get away, despite the high heels she was wearing. She slowed to remove her shoes, and then reached in her purse as Claire's brother rushed towards her. “Get back! I'm warning you, this one is not gas, it's a lot worse.” She held up another shiny ball pellet, looking at them all.

Unbeknownst to her, Claire's father was an ex-soldier. He drew a gun he had concealed in his jacket, “Back off Jack.” he told his son, who was surprised to see a gun pointed in his direction. Jack did so, leaving his dad to face the mysterious evil twin. The twin immediately ran through the doors, barefoot and sprinting across the parking lot. Claire's face was ruddy and her eyes were welling up. She grabbed her cell phone and began dialing 911 while her brother gazed outside. The father kept his gun trained on the entrance, not wanting whoever the twin was to harm his family. Claire looked to be having considerable difficulty with her phone, “Shoot! Give me your phone please Jack, this won't work.” He passed her his phone and she tried dialing again...it didn't work. At that moment a loud booming sound roared across the parking lot. “What in the world was that?!” cried Claire. From Jack's vantage point he could see smoke emanating from the parking lot, something was on fire, a car likely. “I think a car blew up...this is crazy Claire, down right crazy.”

“Get away from the door!” cried the father, “Quick, go take cover, we don't know what's out there.”

“What about you?”

“Don't worry about me. I'll catch up, worry about your sister.” Jack grabbed his sister by the arm and took shelter behind a corner wall, exposed just enough to watch his father in the lobby. The clerk was behind the counter attempting to call the police, to no avail. The situation was more than Jack could've imagined. When Claire had told him about the look-alike he thought she was joking. The father was backing away slowly from the lobby when the floor started to shake. Was it an earthquake? Claire and her family could only hope for such...it wasn't.

Meanwhile in the parking lot...

The twin reached her car, getting inside and turning the keys. She sighed in relief as the car started up, and was about to shift out of park when she heard movement behind her. Instinctively she turned her head and saw her...it was another twin like her. She was grinning and holding a gun, while she wore a pullover gray hooded sweater and jeans.

“ Hands up Zan.” she said. The original twin raised her arms promptly and sniffed the air, trying to pick up her scent. The casual dressed one sniffed back and said. “Ah, your of the Orson tree I see...tell me, who hired you?” Zan's eyes widened in fear, “Am I under arrest?” The casual twin laughed, “Yes you are, but that will ALL change if you answer my questions sweetie.”

“Ok..” Zan nervously held back the urge to run and said, “Loren, seed 67 Orson tree.” The casual twin's blue eyes sparkled with wide eyed excitement as soon as she heard the name. “Really? Well this is just..awesome. super awesome.” She began to giggle as she reached into her pocket with her free hand, taking out a small remote device with two buttons, one yellow and the other green. “What are you doing?” Zan demanded.

“Your job..isn't it obvious?” With that she pressed the green button and..BOOM! Zan jolted her head to the right and saw it from the window, there was black smoke rising about 50 ft away. The casual twin didn't even flinch, “That was Claire's car, I'm taking over this operation of yours...you can join me if you like. I'll split the pay with you, 50/50. Do we have a deal?” Zan's blonde eyebrows furrowed, she was beginning to frown slightly, “Your no officer..who are you? I know your from Kratos tree.”

“Right, call me..Jane. Anyway I have the gun here, I ASK the questions. Now are you with me, or not?

“If I refuse?”

“If you refuse?” Jane chuckled, “I hope you like this planet, because you won't be leaving here anytime soon, I know where your---” Before she could finish speaking she heard the rumbling roar of rockets, big ones. For once she looked startled, and to avoid turning her head she asked, “What is it?!” Zan saw clouds of white smoke from the back window, they were moving away from the hotel...which was lifting off. “Our target is leaving us Jane..we'd better do something, or neither of us is getting paid.” said Zan.

“What?! Get out, but leave your the purse and keys!” Zan lowered her hands and thrusted the door open, running away barefoot once more. Jane pulled back the sleeve on her left wrist, revealing a metal bracelet with knobs and buttons. After turning one she pushed a button and her body began to blur, vanishing in seconds. Just as soon it began to reappear, only now sitting in the front passenger seat. She had a teleporter bracelet but they were short on distance, five feet to be exact. But that was enough..for now anyways. She picked up the purse and began rummaging through it, hoping she would find something useful. One of the first things she saw were the pellets, "Useful..." she muttered as she continued.