Amalgam Reborn: Winterwing #1

Turbinail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Dick Barnes sat alone, his college dormitory smelled of beer, all the guys were wasted, except for Dick who was hard at work for his upcoming science exam. His tired eyes stared out the window, where small snow fell on to his frosted window.

Dick let out a sigh of relief when he realized classes were canceled. He put down his books, took a sip of a Corona and went to bed. His bushy black hair was static before he slid into bed. He took of his glasses and laid them on the nightstand and dozed off.

When he woke up, he checked his phone, which he had 12 missed calls on. As he turned his phone off, a call form the police appeared on his phone.

"Hello Dick Barnes, this is?"

"Officer Ryan Coral, your parents.They were shot and killed last night"

Dick sat down his phone and looked out the windows, where snow was piled up against the walls and dormitory doors. He put on his tennis shoes, his hoodie and his sweat pants. He broke the glass window and jumped out the window, landing in the soft snow.

He ran to his car rapidly. Once he reached his car and got inside, he cursed loudly, tears streaming down his face. He had a plan to drive back to his hometown, New York to go to his parents funeral.

NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Dick stopped his car at his old house. He went inside, where his room was left untouched. He went into the room, pulled out his tux from his closet and went into his bathroom to change. When leaving, he saw a person standing at the sidewalk outside the house.

The man grasped a gun tightly in his hand. The man aimed the gun for the window and shot numerous bullets. Dick dodged a bullet then ran out the front door, still open. He found the man still standing on the sidewalk, knife and gun in hand.

Dick got closer to the man, who pulled out his knife. The man shot again, he dodged the two bullets, but wasn't fast enough to dodge the quick slash of the man's knife. The knife slowly cut through Dick's arm. Blood sprayed from his arm. He screamed in pain, then collapsed.

GOTHAM CITY

Dick woke to the smell of leather. His arm felt slightly heavier, but he remembered , he didn't have both arms. He looked to his left, where there was a metal arm. A man in a costume walked up to Dick.

"Who are you?"

"I'm the man who saved your life."

"And where am I?"

"You're in Gotham, welcome Winterwing."

(Dick Grayson, Bucky Barnes, and Gotham City do not belong to me, though the character Winterwing does)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@turbinail: You're rushing, for no reason. I get you're excited but why is he breaking windows and charging to get home? Why is he having a sip of beer then going to bed? Why is he answering the phone like Yoda?

Then the people at his old house and then the "Hey you're Winterwing!" ending.

The Winterwing concept is great but take some time, don't rush your story telling. Sometimes fast is good, but in this case no. I'll drop you a PM with a suggestion

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Yeah it did feel a bit rushed. But I'm interested.