A new Almagam Universe: Nightdevil Part 1

DickGrayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DickGrayson

Blind Circus. A proud circus, that always did their best. Straight from Bludhaven, they had to do a show in Hell's Kitchen. It was an area filled with drugs, mob, You name it.

Our story begins with a boy, and his family who preformed for the circus. "The Flying Graysons", Professional Trapeze artists, Is what their "Show name" Was. It was time to preform, and the son Matthew Richard Grayson was ready.

10 Years ago

Blind Circus. A proud travelling circus that always did their best. Straight from Bludhaven, they had to do a show in Hell's Kitchen. It was a seedy area filled with drugs, mob, you name it...but it also had a paying audience and the circus went where the money was

"And now!" said the announcer in his old time voice" Ladies and gentlemen! Boys and girls! May I direct your attention to the top of our tent to...The Flying Graysons!" The audience clapped. A spotlight illuminated a curtained platform on high. After a drumroll, A family of three flung open the curtains, all bright smiles. They waved at the audience in reply to the clapping. The boy, Matthew Richard Grayson, stood proudly arm in arm with his parents Jonathan and Maggie Grayson. Maggie kissed Matthew on the forehead. Jonathon smiled at his son and pushed him off and Matt fell...into the safety net below. They'd do it every show, it got the crowd on the edge of their seats

Jonathan & Maggie grabbed onto their bar and began to some simple tricks to warm themselves up as the crew removed the net. Matt watched with a large grin knowing it would be his solo next. As he watched his parents sailed through the air he began to notice that a cable was...wrong. His smile evaporated and eyes widened. As he went to yell a warning there was the sickly plinking sound of the cable unravelling and hisbeloved mother and father plummeted to the ground with a sickening thud.

He fell to his knees. Tears streaming down his cheeks as he buried his face into his hands. He heard the screams of the audience as the tent errupted into chaos! He noticed two large unfamiliar men approaching him. Matthew sprinted out of the tent and they chased after him. Matt's eyes were locked on the two men behind him and not on the unfamilar street he was bolting across and into the path of an oncoming truck.

The truck was carrying containers of toxic wastes and swerved away from hitting the young child. The driver hit the brakes and waste crates crashed off the truck and hit the ground; spilling open and covering Matthew's face, eyes and body, searing his flesh.

Days later Matthew awoke in a hospital in Hell's Kitchen. It seemed as if he was in a pitch black room. He could hear the nurses down the hall, the hum of the air conditiioning, the cars, taxis and trucks driving outside. He could see them in his mind, it felt like they were coming for him. Matthew fell off of his hospital bed, and cowered in a corner, tears streaming from his useless eyes

Now

Matthew Grayson stood tall in the court room. A man James Coglin; on trial for the raping of a young teenage girl sat before him. All Matt could 'read' off him was an outline and the sound of his voice. Matthew Grayson was a lawyer and a pretty darn good one. Grayson spoke with a dull expression on his face.

"Well, Mr. Coglin, you are telling the court, oh, and your lawyer, that you did not, and I quote your words "did not" rape her?".

James smirked, and leant back in his chair. "Listen Ki-" He was cut off by his lawyer, and Matthew's eyes narrowed.

"Objection! I would like to see your proof " Sweat dripped down his cheek.

Matthew growled "I would like to see your proof that he didn't".

Suddenley there was a gun shot, that rang out like a bell. James Coglin's head slammed on his desk with a bloody thump! Matthew ducked for cover, his senses screaming. The court baliffs tackled the man with the gun, but another round went off at Matthew. Matt quickly evaded. His heartbeat raced, and took a deep breath, slowly calming down.

Matthew's apartment

Grayson awoke from his bed, tired, worn out and depressed. His high-school sweetheart had left him and moved away after the case finished. He got up and opened his curtains; that simple act reminding him of the night his parents died, and that their deaths had never been avenged; the case never solved; nobody brought to justice! Matthew rubbed his sightless eyes...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This isn't going to be that great for now, once he becomes his alter ego, I hope you will enjoy.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#2  Edited By TheCannon

I like it. I'll go add it to the library.

DickGrayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DickGrayson

@TheCannon: Thanks, Um, I am not sure if two where posted on accident. If so. Crap.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheCannon

I just added it to the library.

DickGrayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DickGrayson

@TheCannon: Alright, thanks.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheCannon

No problem.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By batkevin74

It's good. There are some errors which can be easily fixed to make it a tad clearer and better, but great job on Nightdevil!

DickGrayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DickGrayson

@batkevin74:Thanks, I will edit it now.

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Coolio. Daredevil & Nightwing = blind circus...actually that's a GREAT name for a band Blind Circus! Anyhoo nice intro

DickGrayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DickGrayson

@tomdickharry1984: Yeah, Perhaps that should be the circus name, I will take that, and steal it, and write it! Muhaha!

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Sammo21

his arch nemesis could be the Jersey Devil...

Seriously though, cool concept.

DickGrayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DickGrayson

@Sammo21: Thanks for the idea, xD.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points