A Batman Fan-Fiction: #3- Just Rewards

KisserNe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By KisserNe

If you are just now joining us on this adventure of Batman...
Issue 1
Issue 2

A Batman Fan-Fiction: #3- Just Rewards

Story written by: Kisser Ne

Characters and Settings by: DC Comics

K.A Characters created by: Kisser Ne

Rated: M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity or profanity.

In the Batcave...

Damn you, Batman. I can not believe I allowed for this to happen! I am chained...again, but this time I am attached to a collection of metal support beams. I feel like a circus animal or a special exhibit at a carnival. I'm no freak, Batman! I deserve better treatment, I am a genius! I could be helpful, if only he'd offer me something I could not refuse... instead he has me sitting here like a pet as I watch him do all of the work and have all of the fun! I want to play too, foe! I want it now. I want you to ask, I'll tell the answers as long as you can guess them...

"What are you doing, now?" The Riddler asked as he tried to step forward causing the shackles to jingle viciously.

"What does K.A want with you?" Batman asked quietly as he shook his head, "none of this is making sense."

"Well, I could be of assistance..." Edward said, he squint his eyes as he tried to read the information that flooded the screen, continuing to tug on the cuffs as if he could break free of them.

"I won't negotiate with you, Nigma." Batman stipulated angrily, focusing harder on all of the facts. "They said their leader wanted you," he continued, thinking to himself as he tried to put the puzzle pieces together.

"Who doesn't?" The Riddler chuckled to himself as he inflated his ego.

"The question is, who is the unit's leader? They were M.I.A for so long, then they were finally located and confiscated for being mutants. Who would want possible murderous cannibalistic mutants?" Bruce thought out loud and Riddler tried to listen carefully. He wanted to know as much as possible, as well, especially if it involved his life.

"They didn't seem like mutants to me," Nigma said, breaking Batman's concentration for a brief moment as he watched the shadowy figure turn. His eyes stabbed into him.

"They were wearing heavily armored suits, they weren't supposed to be recognized by any means." The Dark Knight replied as he ventured quickly past Nigma's chained form.

"Where are you going? I thought I wasn't suppose to leave your side? Hey! I'm talking here! Can't we work something out? Batman? Batman!" Riddler screamed, pulling at his chains as he became angrier and angrier by the moment, but the caped crusader ignored him as he hopped in to the Bat mobile and drove off.

You ignorant son of a b----. I can't believe he just up and left me... He must not have many friends acting like that...not to mention, the lady problems he must have. Ah, what to do whilst I wait for my enemy to come back? Oh, I know... I'll think up some puzzling goodness for his return. Sigh, and I thought Arkham was bad...

Batman drives down the streets. He's heading to the heart of GOTHAM. He needs to clear his head and to think, and there's only one place to do that...Location: GOTHAM CITY, the rooftop of WAYNEEnterprises.

Batman sat alone, peering down upon the city as the traffic continued to bustle. All of them were completely unaware and they always would be. They know that isn't safe, even with the hundreds of heroes that sacrifice their lives for them and yet, none of them will leave.

"I figured I'd find you here..." A woman's voice breaks the eerie quiet of the polluted air. Bruce turned to see Catwoman; she was perched upon one of the pillars as she gave him a devious smirk and hopped down.

"Selina," he greeted her with a slight nod of his head as he continued to look at the city below him.

"You heroes sure are unhappy...." She snickered, but she soon noticed something strange. Batman was completely distracted, more so than usual... He didn't say a word, he didn't even accuse her of anything or wrestle her like usual. It almost concerned her.

"Something is weighing that heavy on you, huh?" She asked, walking over to him as she slid her hand from one shoulder to the other.

"Anything I can to do help?" She inquired as she stood directly in front of him, inching closer and closer so that her breasts rested gently against him, "perhaps, I can make you feel better?" She suggested as her claws kneaded his cowl, lightly. She pursed her mouth and gave a gentle purr, leaning in towards his face as she kissed his cheek and grazed her tongue along his lips. Batman grabbed her arms and he could feel her fear begin to flood her body.

"S---! Let go of me, Bat!' She growled, freeing herself from his grip as she backed away from him hastily. She rubbed her arms, softly and quickly as she prepared herself for the worse...

"Selina, Riddler mentioned a plan." He said as he glanced in her direction.

"Yeah, and why the Hell do I care?" She snarled, shifting her gaze elsewhere. Although, she'd never admit it, her feelings were obvious and she hated being so nasty towards him, but it was just how their relationship worked.

"You're apart of it," Batman stated as he walked over to her, calmly. She acted cautiously as she raised an eyebrow.

"Well, that is news to me..." She replied, looking at Bruce as she finally relaxed, "another one of Joker's schemes, I presume?" Batman nodded as he towered above her, but he only looked at her for a short moment. "Well, I can assure you. I am not a part of anything," Selina said, pausing briefly as she began to walk towards the edge of the roof to look at the glowing roads beneath them, "take my word for it!" She looked at Batman with a smile and gave a small shrug. "Alright, maybe my word isn't worth as much as it use to be, but I have been being a pretty good girl, lately..." She giggled as she brought a diamond ring out from her cleavage and tossed it over to him. "See you around, Bat." She gave him a slight salute and hopped from the ledge, disappearing into the night as Batman held the ring firmly in his clutches.

Batman was left alone, once again. His thoughts raced through his mind as he watched the citizens of rush to their homes. He couldn't help but believe Catwoman. She was as much of a fan of Joker as the rest of them; he had a very bad way of getting under people's skin. He gazed at the diamond, twisting in the moonlight as he pondered. "Riddler's riddle, Catwoman's Ring and K.A," he murmured, feeling the wind begin to dance around his body. Was any of this actually connected? Riddler was truly clueless to the big picture and Catwoman was an innocent pawn and he was positive about that. He also started to think that perhaps the facts were true, the task force was a part of the good guys...but the questions were still unanswered and he had to get to the bottom of it before it was too late...

Later on at the Batcave...

"You finally decide to return, I see..." Edward mumbled as he sat on the floor. He was pale from boredom as he tossed his head to the side to eye his formidable foe.

"Nigma, why do those men want you?" Batman said as he knelt beside the almost lifeless man.

"I don't know..." He sneered, looking away as he actually began to contemplate an answer, "or perhaps, I do." He said, his own surprise morphed his features as he placed a free hand to his chin. "You see, I never have met them. I have never even really heard of them, except for what was shown on your screens for the past few hours." He paused again and gave a grin, "when and where did you get a Tyrannosaurus?"

Batman ignored his question and walked over to the database. "Catwoman has nothing to do with the plot," he said, shifting his eyes back over to Nigma. "I am starting to think your friends in Arkham knew you were listening," he finished. He scanned the information briefly as he finally hacked into K.A.

"Bingo," Riddler stated as his eyes widened with curiosity and amazement. "Let me help," Edward said eagerly as he sat forward. Bruce fell into shock and stared blankly at the villain.

"Did you really just offer to help me, Nigma?" He thought to himself after a short period of the Riddler's pleading, Batman accepted and stood from his seat. "You are not free and this is not any sort of a bargain," He said, unlocking the cuffs as his emotions remained the same. "Do you understand?"

"Quite," Nigma replied, rubbing his wrists as he slowly stood to his feet and stretched. "Let's do some homework," he said as he grasped a pair of glasses from a pocket and placed them on the bridge of his nose. They both began analyzing what information they already had and then went over the new treasures they had found. "K.A, the Knights in Armor. Are you sure it isn't a group of yours, Batman?" Edward said as he slid bits and pieces to the side of the screen.

"Positive, Riddler. I wouldn't free you." Bruce replied as he focused in on the screen.

"Well, that is definitely true." The man in green said as he scratched at the top of his head and continued looking through the data.

"It would seem the founding fathers of this team are dead. Not like it's rocket science, but the new leader is a man by the supposed name of Thomas Hawthorne." The Riddler said as he spun the chair around and directed his vision to Batman with a heavy sigh. At once, all the information clicked. It was as if someone turned the light on in a house full of darkness.

"Nigma..." Batman began, but Ed quickly interrupted.

"I KNOW, I KNOW! I'm a genius, thank you for the observation Batman." He smiled and chortled, conceitedly.

Quickly, the chase was on. Batman clicked away at the keyboards as he found a direct address for the man, it was a sensational feeling for the two men as the blip on the map blinked. Bruce saved it and quickly logged it in his G.P.S as they both raced to the car.

"May I stay awake this time?" Riddler asked, but at that same moment, he was doused with the spray once more. "Oh for Pete's sa...ZZZ..." He yawned as he completely blacked out and collapsed in his chair. Bruce couldn't help but allow his lips to curl, he wasn't going to be outsmarted by the Riddler anytime soon. He just had to remember the one thing and that was he always needed to be one step ahead. They sped through the streets as Batman finally swung an arm to Edward's chest, abruptly waking him. "I'm sorry, mother! I didn't mean to-" he shrieked as he looked around in a fit of confusion, "oh it's you." He gave a large yawn as he eyed his surroundings.

"We're almost there." Batman stated, giving a quick glance with the corner of his eyes, "be on the look out."

"Of course, what else can I do?" He responded as he felt the car swerve to the side. The two men stepped from the car and stealthily made their way to the estate. The scanners quickly surveyed the area and found each potential threat and Batman quickly created the plan...

"Alright, Riddler. We're going up the gate and to the left, stay on the left until you reach the small hedge maze. Once, we're there we are going to set up a small camera to help us dig up some more information from the guards. Then, we'll be grappling the back of the house- Hawthorne's study is there and that is where he is at this very moment." He ordered, he chose to leave most of the details to the side. He couldn't have Nigma figuring out the big surprise at the end of their small venture... He was going to be the bait.

"Right. We go up, down and around and kick some a-- then?" The Riddler squealed excitedly, he was like a child on Christmas morning.

"Sure," Batman said as he hooked Riddler to the grapple and propelled him over, he followed closely behind.

"Now that wasn't too bad!" Edward whispered as he brushed the dirt from his clothes and smacked his hands together. They rushed through the courtyard and to the maze, working as fast as they could without being spotted once the camera was ready to go, they continued. They made it to the back of the house and climbed upward and entered the office of Hawthorne who sat silently in his chair as he watched the fire burn inside the chimney.

"Thomas Hawthorne," Batman stated as he sneaked behind the man and grasped him by the head and the forearm, "we need some answers." "Who..who are you?" He stuttered as Batman released him and allowed him to turn and look upon them. "Riddler and you're the...the bat."

"Oh sure, you snivel in fear because of Batman but it comes to me and you're so calm and don't care!" Nigma said as he hopped upon the desk and crossed his legs impatiently.

"It's alright, I don't blame you. You're too dumb to fear me." The Riddler stated as he began to rummage through all of the man's things.

"Why did you send K.A to Arkham?" Batman inquired but the man responded with denial.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Bruce flung his arm straight forward and grabbed the man by his shirt tightly and raised him from the floor. "Ack! I sent the knights to Arkham to fetch Mister Nigma!" He whimpered, struggling to get free from the massive man.

"And?" Riddler persisted, jumping from the desk and into 's face.

"And I was hoping that I could convince you to work with them," he cried. Thomas began to fear his life as he lifted higher and higher from the floorboards.

"Why do you need his help?" Batman asked angrily, pushing the man further and further into the air.

"Oo, Batman- I do love it when you're forceful!" Edward gleamed as he danced around, merrily.

"Shut up, Nigma." Batman ordered, hastily as he returned his attention to the trembling man.

"There are bad things about to unfold! The Knights in Armor is a unit of extraordinary people that are going to help stop him...especially if the Riddler gives us his intelligence." Mister Hawthorne coughed as he tried to breathe and squirm.

"What makes you think he'd help you?" Batman questioned again as Ed popped up again.

"Yes, what would give you that preposterous idea?" He pried. Batman briefly shot a nasty glare in his direction and began to lower the K.A leader.

"Greed and Lust," he replied as he gasped for the thickening ventilation.

"He's got a point, you know. Perhaps you're not as insulate as I thought!" Edward said, patting the man's shoulders with care as he playfully straightened the collar of his robes. "Someone looks fabulous!" He cried with a laugh as he began to rustle Thomas' hair, "and did I forget to mention, wealthy?" The Riddler wrapped around the man's body, draping an arm around his neck as he leaned against him. "What am I getting out of this?" Nigma asked as he regained his seriousness.

"Whatever we can provide," said as he tried to remove Riddler's grip.

"Then, we have a deal," Batman stated.

"I beg your pardon, Batman?" Nigma inquired, curiously as he stepped from Thomas and the bat. He was trying to get to a safe distance knowing that something was going to unfurl.

"You'll reward me for bringing him to you," Bruce responded as he rushed to Riddler's side, holding him tightly as the criminal struggled and squirmed.

"Traitor! I thought we were partners! I thought we were in this together! I'll kill you, Batman! I'll kill you!" He roared and spit as he continued to fume.

BATMAN, GOTHAM CITY AND ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, THE PLOT AND THE K.A TEAM ARE MY IDEAS, BUT THE REST IS DC.

Next Issue:

A Batman Fan-Fiction: #4

"Enter the Knights in Armor (Part 1)"

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

Awesome chapter!

KisserNe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By KisserNe

@The Impersonator:

AH!

Thank you :) I appreciate it and as I said in the last comment before I noticed you commented on this, I will hopefully have more.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#3  Edited By The Impersonator

@KisserNe: No problem. :)

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123
"May I stay awake this time?" Riddler asked, but at that same moment, he was doused with the spray once more. "Oh for Pete's sa...ZZZ..."

LMAO. Loved this. <3 Great work!