5th Column Comics: Wind Duster #31

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Indigo City, around midnight...

The flash of green flame before me is one of the most beautiful things I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing. It's blindingly beautiful. Literally! I close my eyes as a natural reflex and suddenly feel my body lift up into the air before getting tossed through the glass window behind me. I roll into the street, glass shards surrounding me.

"You're TOAST, Wind Duster!" The Fire Guy yells, jumping through the window pane, his hands engulfed in flames causing his black gloves to melt atop his skin. "There's THREE of US and only ONE of you!" His friends jump out behind him, the girl to his left crouching into a running stance while the bulky guy to Toast's right begins to heat his eyes up with sizzling hot energy similar to a flare going off.

"Seems unfair..." I mumble, pulling a small piece of (OH MY GOD) glass from my side. My clothes begin to ripple as I charge up my power, my cape flaps in the air behind me. I bet I can take down Toast in three moves or less. "You're going to need at least TWICE that much!"

Toast shoots his Greek fire straight at me, I swipe my arm up summoning a dash of wind that swats the flame away causing its embers to dance around on the black, cracked road I'm stood upon. Flare guy follows up by shooting a beam of flare energy at me, I twirl to the side, barely dodging it... in fact I feel it slightly zap against my side.

Two moves so far.

I punch my first towards fire guy and shoot forward a blast of wind at the loser with the force of a shotgun... or grenade. One of the two.

The guy gasps in surprise before getting sent tumbling back into the bar. I hear a loud thud and crash.

Three moves exactly.

"Your turn." I say as Flare shoots a volley of quick, contained shots right at me. Each zooming towards me at a variety of angles. Pretty much impossible to dodge without getting hit.

Unless I could teleport.

PWOP!

I punch upwards upon reappearing from my teleport catching Flare guy right in the jaw. He seems surprised... and for a second he hovers above the floor like something out of Looney Tunes before crumpling to the ground similar to an egg cracking over someone's head. I shake my aching fist slightly, punching isn't one of my strongest abilities.

"Ouch." I mutter, rubbing my knuckles. "That-" I hear a whoosh directly behind me. I begin to turn towards the noise, however after one or two seconds of turning a fist connects into my jaw causing it to crack. In the time it takes for me to process that information, a kneecap bashes me right in the stomach... and in the time it takes me to process THAT, a foot has swiped under my legs sending me tumbling to the ground and leaving me wondering what the f#ck just happened. "....hurt..." I finish.

"You're Wind Duster, right?" The female Carrier materializes right before me, dressed head to toe in what seems to be grey sports gear, including trainers, sweatpants and a tank top. She's stood above me and she's got dark skin, bright red lips and weirdly white hair. "The guy from those Response losers?"

"The one and only!" I say, still trying to figure out what I'm dealing with. Teleporter? Too fast for that. I shoot my hand forward sending an aeroball (wind condensed into a ball) at the girl. She disappears before it hits her and next thing I know something's grabbed my arm and flung my whole body across the street into a nearby parked car. The alarm goes off, filling my ears with a loud beeping noise.

Ow. The girl reappears, a smug look on her face.

"Move really fast?" I ask her, she nods. "I can throw wind."

PWOP!

I teleport down the street and throw my hands over my head. Speedy turns her head quickly searching for where I've gone.

"Wanna see?!" I bring my hands crashing down... and along with them I bring as much wind as I can pull. It's kind of like a fly swatter. Speedy turns her head right towards me and begins dashing straight towards me, I see a blur of black and grey colours shooting at me, the outlines of a fist aimed towards my chin, mere inches away from connecting.

KRASH!

However by that point it's too late. Her body reappears and falls to my feet, unconscious. Her eyes closed... I grab the girl by her arms and drag her off the road so that she won't get run over or anything.

"Ow..." I move my shoulder and feel nothing but pain in that area of my body. It's at that point I notice the small cuts scattered across my body, a scorch mark across my leg... a few bruises. Nothing life threatening but slightly painful. I make my way towards the bar, step through the demolished door and stop in the center of the room, right by Toast's unconscious body. I hold my breath in... and listen for noise.

THTHUMP! THTHUMP! THTHUMP! THTHUMP!

The sound of a person's heart beating directs me down the stairs towards the building's basement where nothing but a locked door blocks me from my target. Somebody probably has a key.

THWASH!

I step into a dark room and switch on the light. A dozen people... mostly women and children look at me with wide eyes, clearly frightened. I pull off my mask to show them that I'm human... and force out an exhausted smile, a black eye probably forming on my face.

"Hi, there... name's Wind Duster." I tell them. "If you don't want to get sold into slavery... follow me."

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nice. Wind Duster is becoming quite the crime. Fighter. I wonder if this Speedster knows Speedy Rodriguez

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719: They probably have a Speedster union or something.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#5  Edited By cbishop
johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol we should do a filler chapter where the speedsters play tag

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Alexander_Wolffe

Well there you have it. Mark's a full fledged superhero now. That was a really fun fight sequence, and the ending was sweet. The music did help too, lol. Was this the play on that Daredevil scene you were talking to me about?

And I wonder if this flame guy knows Blaze. Maybe they met at a Flamer union or something.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_wolffe: Daredevil? I have no idea what you're talking about.

I really like Miracle of Sound. Originally I was gonna say that song was more for Lex Hard... but I like it too much and now have claimed it as my own.

I'm sure all these loser Supervillains hang out in a bar and stuff. Someone should write a series about that.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@tommythehitman: Nice to see Windy fighting some crime for once, he's becoming quite the expert, maybe even someone Gaia could learn to respect

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: They'd probably get along like two cannibal midgets in a fat guy's rib cage.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ImpurestCheese
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: It's a Borderlands reference. However Ferra/Torr can still apply.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ImpurestCheese
Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@tommythehitman: Mark's got the hero schtick down (finally). Whew, finally caught up with Wind Duster...my eyes hurt..