Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

The Assault on Beneforce: Part 1

New York City

No Caption Provided

The air around me ripples sending a similar effect to the clothes that I'm currently wearing. It's my costume. Not the same costume that I wore, 4 long months ago when I first started this crusade... but a new one. Modified to resist damage and made without a single speck of love or care put into it. Silently I soar above the Hudson River towards the island of Manhattan. It's quite different from Indigo City, doesn't like like it's been flushed into the sewers for one thing... and the people walking the City's streets seem to be much calmer and more relaxed then your average Indigo Citizen.

"Approaching destination."Pfeifer says to my right. He's flying as well, using a large bulky suit of armour to get him to our destination. It's green and black with what seems to be an endless supply of weapons strapped to his armoured body. He's got a jetpack on his back as well that's shooting out what seems to be a continuous stream of bright orange flame behind us leaving a trail scorched across the otherwise pitch black sky.

"So... what's the plan?" I ask into the small headset that Pfeifer made me wear. Pfeifer says nothing and together we slowly begin to descend towards the streets till we're surrounded by large rusted buildings.

"We get inside Beneforce."Pfeifer answers. "Then we get your daughter."

A moment of silence passes by while Pfeifer focuses on landing atop of a rooftop. He seems to have a bit of trouble when it comes to piloting the thing with any amount of precision... and as soon as he hits the ground he tears off his somewhat bulky jetpack and chucks it aside.

"That's it?" I ask.

"That's all you're doing."He replies.

"What about you?"

Pfeifer glares at me from under the round, metal helmet he's taken to wearing. The helmet's large, rectangle eyes light up bright red for a second and it seems like Pfeifer is using his suit's Heads Up Display for some strange reason.

"I'm going to have words with the Head of Beneforce."He tells me. Before I can ask him why, Pfeifer continues. "This company has been handling criminal operations right under my nose."His suit slowly begins to hum with power. "They've killed dozens of people, Mark... there's been dozens of similar kidnappings to your daughter over the past few months... and I'm going to find out why."

I stare at the CBTF's director before nodding to him as a sign of respect. Something I never thought I'd do.

"Then let's go get these ba$tards."

"I'm going to fly round the other side."Pfeifer tells me before stepping up onto the rooftop's edge and staring at the large skyscraper directly before him. "Fight my way in. You do the same on this side... and hopefully we'll meet up in the middle."He pauses and glances at me. "...Unless we die of course."

Without another word, Pfeifer turns back towards the building looming above us and activates a burst of flame from his suit's boots shooting him up into the sky and sending him shooting above the City streets before disappearing around the building's side.

"Superheroes..." I mutter before grinning to myself.

"Maybe this isn't so bad after all."

Almost immediately after I shoot up into the air after him and launch myself towards the glass window of the Beneforce building. Being precise with flying isn't really one of my strongest points... and for a second I'm worried I might miss the window and end up breaking my neck on the building's side. Then I feel the wind rushing against my face... and I couldn't care less.

KRASH!!!!!

I manage to smash through the glass with relative ease and roll into the nicely carpeted office that has a nice beige coat of paint on the walls. About 5 seconds after I've crashed into the room, dozens of Security Guards begin to file in and after around 10 seconds I'm surrounded by quite a few idiots with guns.

"Uh..." I pant as I realize the fact that there's dozens of weapons pointed directly at my chest. "Hi."

The guards say nothing and as I quickly look at my surroundings it dawns on me that they're probably not even Security Guards. They're probably more similar to trained Mercenaries.

"Screw this." I mutter before quickly whipping my hand to the right. The guards open fire, however before their bullets can even leave their chambers a heavy blast of wind slams into the group of Mercs causing them to all collapse like a highly trained squad of Rag Dolls. The bullets they've fired all miss the intended target.

Situation handled.

Suddenly alarms begin to blare all around me and upon a quick check of my super hearing I hear the sound of dozens more feet stomping in my direction.

Time waster.

I summon what seems to feel like a funnel of wind which tears apart the ceiling of the room I'm in. Quickly I will the wind to wrap around me like some kind of bubble and I levitate up to the next level of the building through the hole I've so effortlessly created. The winds continue to whip around me, thrashing every nearby item and tearing apart the surrounding area like paper getting shredded into tiny strips. Security Guards get sent flying across the place and all of the rooms on the floor I'm stood upon look like someone's bedroom after a teenager's slumber party.

"HEY!"

I feel something bite into my neck and for a moment I stop. My fingers pull out the thing that bit me and it seems as though someone has successfully managed to tranqualise me.

Been there. Done that. Doesn't seem to be working either since my vision doesn't seem to be altering, so that's all well and good.

"Remember me?!"

I look up from the small dart and see the first Assassin I ever faced glaring at me with a pistol in his hands.

"I said... 'remember me'?!" He yells behind a black combat mask he's wearing. I nod slowly. "You've got some balls coming here!" He rants. "Now I'm gonna have to kick your ass all over-"

"I don't have time for this." I decide.

"-again?"

I sweep a wind blast under the Assassin's legs before bringing down a solid weight of wind upon the goon's chest that's SO powerful it causes him to crash through the carpeted floor and land on the floor below in a shower of debris.

Ouch.

From a quick glance down at the poor ba$tard's broken body he doesn't seem to be getting back up anytime soon.

Good.

I wipe some of the debris covering my suit and walk towards the door next to me. From the sounds of nearby gun fire I would say that Pfeifer is still alive. He's probably making mincemeat of all the Security Forces in the building.

I don't have time for idiots like them.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

Haven't read this since, like, part seven?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@wildvineYou have SO much to catch up with!

Link to Library: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/cbishop/blog/5th-column-comics-library/99147/

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@tommythehitman: You need to capitalize some of the words like rag-dolls and security guards. Other than that a solid start to this story arc

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@tommythehitman: I'm seriously surprised at the amount of improvement that Mark's accomplished since the first chapter! This guys a complete bad a$$ now! It's also kind of cool at how the scene of Mark crashing through the window mirrors my scene from the last chapter of Diver (obviously I didn't copy it)