TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

The Beginning of the End of the Beginning Part 2

Indigo City

The bullets whiz towards me before I even get a chance to think about my next move. Hard to tell how many of them there actually are... but it doesn't really matter. If one of them hits me I'm as good as dead anyway... a second or two before they hit me I dive to the side out of their way. Granted I could have just teleported out of their way... but, again I need to make this look good.

"You're a slipper sunnuvva b!tch!" Shimmer yells before firing another burst at my crouched frame.

POP!

No way around that one, I teleport out of the bullets' path and reappear directly behind the Western obsessed drug smuggler.

"Just call me, Eel." I mutter before sending a wave blast straight into his legs knocking him to the ground. "Get it?" I ask. "Because I'm slip-" He doesn't get it... "Never mind." I pause and try to think of think of something relatively witty. "So... now you should... kneel?"

Get it? Because he's on the ground?

At least I tried.

Shimmer's on the ground, his legs on his back due to the sheer power of my blast, so he seems to be out for the count for the moment.

"Could you say that last part again?" A voice calls. It's at this point I realize that I'm currently being filmed by a cameraman from Channel 7 News. I stare at him for a second. "Sound cut out for a sec." He tells me.

"I'm not a hero." Is the thought that hits me. I glance at the camera guy... and then I look at Shimmer on the ground. "Heroes don't pose for pictures..." I'm a glorified celebrity... people look at me for entertainment. Not to be inspired...

"Sure." I mutter to him before turning towards Shimmer. "Now, kn-" Just before I'm able to finish repeating my witty retort a foot strikes me directly in the chest knocking me backwards. I regain my balance however I can feel a large bruise already forming... and when I look back up the crazy Cowboy has already turned invisible like he did earlier. "Damn!" I gasp before rubbing my chest slightly.

"You alright, Duster?" The camera guy asks.

"Shut up for a sec!" I snap at him before turning back to the more important thing. "I'm gonna try something..."

It's time for my superhearing to become somewhat useful. I focus... and try my hardest to channel out any of that stupid background noise that the city is generating. Any unnatural noises should show up like a blip on a radar to me.

"Got you!" I shout before summoning a gust of wind around my fist and striking to my left. A satisfying crack fills my body and a grunt of pain does the same to my ears. Shimmer's body reappears before falling to the ground in front of me. "Surrender!" I tell him while pulling on my best Kevin Conroy impression. "You're beaten!"

Shimmer gives me one of the evilest glares in the history of evil glares.

"The hell I am!" He yells before pulling something from his belt. "Have some moonshine!"He throws it towards me and it sails through the air at a pretty high altitude. It's at this point that I realize it's a bottle he's lobbed at me, it seems to be filled with some kind of bright glowing liquid. Before I can do anything to stop it the bottle crashes by my feet and the bright liquid splashes in all directions. Some lands on the ground before me, some on my feet... most of it on my chest. I catch a whiff of the smell it's generating and quickly cover my nose with my hands. However almost immediately I start to feel dizzy.

"What... what the hell was that?!" I scream before pulling back my mask and vomiting on the floor. My insides feel like they're doing the tango together...and my heat's included in that dance.

"Liquid Stardust." Shimmer disappears. Yet his voice still remains. "Just for you." His voice disappears a few seconds later and I'm stood alone, drugged out of my mind and being filmed on what's probably live TV.

"WiND... DUSteR..." A giant raccoon glares at me. He's holding a camera over his shoulder and has a very strange nose. "ARe... YoU... OKAy?" My hands begin to shake, followed by my body breaking into a deep sweat.

I hope to god I've pulled back my mask.... if I'm being completely honest College has got nothing on this stuff.

Alright, being high out of my mind in the middle of the street is probably not the best thing that could happen to my right now. Home is where I can sit down... and try to wait this out without getting run over by a car.

pop!

I reappear... somewhere. I look around at my surroundings and for a moment I have no idea where I am.

"HELLO?!" I yell, hurting my ears slightly. "ANYONE?!" The apartment I'm stood inside is completely and uttttttterrly trashed. The door's been kicked in, chairs and tables tossed over... as well as blood on the carpet. "Oh... GOD!" My hands brace around my skull and I'm tempted to squeeze it until it explodes. I scream out loud about something related to gerbils and quolls once again hurting my ears. Seriously it feels like I'm hemorrhaging in my brain.

Too whammed to teleport back home... too whammed to find out what the hell's happening here... I notice a chair before me and prepare to step towards it in the hopes of sitting down and passing out on it.

POP!

Somehow I manage to teleport forward completely pass the chair and stumble into what seems to be a separate room remarkably similar to my own bedroom.

"OH god..." I gasp again, before pressing against the door in an attempt to help me stand on my own two feet. "DAMN IT!" I turn slightly to my right and take a deep breath before noticing something lying on the bed that looks exactly like my own. I squint slightly and realize that it's in fact a body, lying backwards covered in blood with a huge wound in their chest.... and that's when I recognize the man slowly bleeding to death on it.

"Sn... Snipes?!" I yell before stumbling forward. For a second my head clears and I'm able to stand next to the bed. The man looks at me, blood dripping out of his mouth and getting mixed into his beard.

"...mark..." He stares at me for a second. "...run..."

Run? I open my mouth to ask what the hell he means... and ask what's happening... and ask where the hell is Daisy... but before I can even open my mouth to ask anything something stabs right into my shoulder causing me to collapse on the ground and making my skull even dizzier.

"Well, at least he tried to warn you." A cold, emotionless voice mutters from somewhere above me. I try to turn towards the speaker, however I can hardly twitch my fingers, let alone roll my body over onto the opposite side. A large black boot lands on my skull, pinning me down anyway. "It's not going to save you... but I guess its something."

"Who... who are you?!" I gargle. My brain can't even think clearly with the mix of fluids running through my body.

"You really forgot?" He seems disappointed. "I'm the one who's going to clean up the mess." That doesn't answer my question. "Those... 'assassins' that were sent after you a few months ago... I'm them."

Oh sh!t.

I struggle to move... my fingers twitch slightly. Then I hear a gun cock right by my ear.

"Say goodnight."

My eyes close. Thoughts rush through my head...

All the people... I can't die like this...

Wolffe. Pfeifer. Quoll. Snipes... Daisy.

Mary.

"I can read your thoughts, Mark. You're going to see her soon."

BLAM!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Mark's high, well thats good to know. Looks like after his overdose Indigo City will be all mine...

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@tommythehitman: I'm going to overdose you with friggin cat scratches, turns out stressed jaguar = an angry jaguar

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@tommythehitman: Good grief this series is a roller coaster...Good chapter, Tommy