5th Column Comics: Wind Duster #15

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

Indigo City, Mark's Apartment. About... 5 seconds after last issue.

"What did you just say?" Alexander Wolffe asks me slowly. He looms above me and looks like he could snap my body in half if he wanted to. It's taking everything I have to not start shaking out of fear.

"I said..." My voice breaks for a second causing Alex to glance at me in surprise. "AHEM!" I cough. "I said... I'm going to kill Garrison on my own."

"There's no way in hell I'm letting you do that." He growls. "It's too dangerous."

"Why do you care?" I ask. Alex seems to hesitate before speaking.

"Because of your daughter." He says. "I'm not going to let you get killed and leave her all alone." He pauses for a second as though he's choosing his words carefully. "I'm coming with you."

"That's not going to work..." I mutter. I want to deal with Garrison on my own. There's no way I'm going to let Wolffe interfere with what I've got planned... and I can't leave Daisy on her own again. Once was enough tonight. "You can stay and look after Daisy." I tell him.

"No. I deserve this as much as you do an-"

PWOP!

I teleport out of my apartment and reappear on a building rooftop several blocks away. I can hear Wolffe cursing and that's the moment when I realize I've left my daughter with a super humanly powerful stranger. Looks like I'm not going to be winning 'father of the year' anytime soon. But there's something about Wolffe I trust. He may be a psychopathic murderer... but I highly doubt he'll hurt either Daisy or Snipes. Just a gut feeling I have. It takes me two more PWOPs before I end up outside my destination. The Indigo Prime Hotel is one of the classiest places in this godforsaken city. Somehow it was able to survive the Great Impact and got through the Blight War MOSTLY intact. I visited the place once with my parents when I was 6... it was one of the most carefree moments of my life. Now if that mysterious phone voice is to be believed Richard Garrison is currently staying on the 7th floor of the place. Not sure which room... however it's more then likely that he's got a whole Squad of guards protecting him.

PWOP!

I teleport down to street level and appear in the hotel's reception. It would be pretty easy for me to just teleport straight up to Floor 7 and kidnap Garrison... but tonight I'm going to leave a message to any of the monsters that murdered my wife last year. I'm going to make sure they know what I'm capable of... and that I'm coming for them. The receptionist behind the desk is too busy texting on her phone to notice me. I storm right past just as the elevator doors open and two security guards step out wielding pistols. I'm surprised by how quickly they were able to respond. Garrison must have this place under surveillance. Before any on of them can say anything I end the fight before its started.

PWOP PWOP!

The two guards disappear in a bright flash of pink light. I've teleported them to the Indigo City Airport. No idea why really... just seems like a decent place to drop them off at. Their pistols clatter to the ground and I'm tempted to pick one of them up. There's not much point to it really, I have no idea how to use it. I step into the elevator and wait a couple of seconds until the doors open up to floor 7.

"FREEZE!" Several guards burst out of the Hotel doors, all wielding weapons of their own kind. I step into the hall casually.

PWOP PWOP PWOP PWOP!

"Sorry guys..." I mutter casually. "I'm not in the mood for this tonight." I pause for a second and listen. Listen for what? I'm listening for a heartbeat. The same type of heartbeat as the ba$tard I saw at Donna Tori's mansion an hour ago. It takes a second... but I find it hiding behind room 6. One last guard bursts through the door, he must be late to the party... the second he steps into the hall he seems to regret his decision.

"Fr..." He stutters whilst backing towards Room 6's door. "...freeze?"

THWASH!

I send a blast of wind smashing straight into the guy's stomach causing him to smash through the wooden door separating me from Garrison. I step through the rubble into the room.

"You freeze." I mutter, Richard Garrison is lying atop of his bed buck naked and staring at me with a wide look of fear in his eyes.

"What the f#ck?!" He yells as I walk towards him. "What the hell are you d-"

"Garrison." I grip him by the shoulders, my fingers digging into his flesh causing him to wince in pain. His fat little body wriggling as I drag him off the bed. "Do you know who I am?!"

"Y- you're... you're.... you're that Quoll guy!" He stammers, his face turns red in pain. I slam him against the wall angrily and stare right into his face.

"Close enough." I mutter. "Do you know WHAT I am?" I ask. Garrison looks almost confused for a second. I don't give him the chance to answer my question. Instead I just lean right by his ear in a way that seems kinda creepy when I think about it like that... anyway, I lean right by his ear and whisper my answer to him. "I'm a Carrier."

PWOP!

I teleport the two of us out of that building and we reappear on the rooftop of the CBTF HQ. Garrison glances around in surprise before stumbling backwards towards the roof's edge.

"Lo- look!" He screams as I walk towards him, he tries backing away to escape me however there's no where for him to go. "Please..." I grip him by the neck and dangle him over the edge with both of my arms holding onto his waist. "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!" He screams. "I.. whatever I did to you... I-"

"You killed my wife you degenerate son of a b!tch!" I scream, my voice going hoarse. "YOU F#CKING MURDERED HER LIKE SHE WAS NOTHING!" I toss him back onto the room causing him to land on his arm. "YOU UTTER LITTLE FREAK!" I scream. Garrison glances up at me, tears beginning to well in his eyes as he realizes he could very well die right now.

"ple... please..." He garbles out. "I'm sor-"

"No you're not..." I tell him. My voice growing low. "...no you're not." I look at Garrison's pathetic little face... and I think about the memories that Wolffe showed me. Mary Brooks being dissected on the operating table. Garrison watching from the observation room with little regard for her life... I should kill him right now. My foot lands on the short little monster's throat. I could crush his Adam's apple at this very instant if I wanted to.

But Mary wouldn't want that... and Daisy wouldn't want that...

And I don't want to kill him.

"Get up." I snap at him. Garrison takes a second or two to stand. I grip him by the hair and yank him up.

PWOP!

Garrison falls to the carpeted floor, the people surrounding me stare up in surprise at the costumed individual and the fat naked man that have just appeared suddenly before them. On one side of the desk is Director Morris Pfifer. Head of the CBTF. On the other side is two people I don't know who are currently recoiling at the naked man that landed on their laps.

"Ma-" Pfeifer pauses for a second as he rethinks what he's about to say. "...Wind Duster?! What the hell are you doing?!"

"Pfeifer." I say slowly. "We need to talk." I glance at the two people behind me. "...Now." Pfifer nods before recapturing his focus and shuffling back into business mode.

"Mister Scythe." He says to the business guy. "I'm deeply sorry for this interruption however I'm afraid we may have to reschedule."

"What's going on here, Pfeifer?" Scythe asks. He stares at me with a look of irritation. "Who is this person?"

"It doesn't matter right now." The Director says in an agitated voice. "I'll explain it all as soon as possible however for now... I'm going to have to ask you to return to Beneforce and we'll reschedule for a different day." Scythe opens his mouth to respond however one stern look from Pfifer shuts him up. "Wind Duster. Please show Mister Scythe and his associate to the door." I nod before teleporting next to the exit and holding the door open for the two executives from Beneforce. Scythe glances at me with a look of distaste before leaving, his bodyguard pauses as he steps past and looks straight at me.

"We'll see you soon." He whispers before leaving. I have no idea what he's talking about. The door slams shut behind them and I'm able to give Pfeifer my full undivided attention.

"Mark. What the hell is going on?" He asks. "Who is this?" He stares at Garrison. "Wait..." He pauses. "That thing at Donna Tori's Mansion earlier... was that you?"

I sit down in the chair across the room and stretch my arms.

"This guy is called Richard Garrison." I tell him. "He took my wife's life." Pfeifer's eyes widen slightly in surprise. "Now... you're going to help me ruin his."

To be continued.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@tommythehitman: Mister Scythe ouch, sounds like the reaper is in town and somebody is going to have to pay

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TommytheHitman
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TommytheHitman
johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Whoa surprise twist! I like it!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Bump

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want to comment about much in fear of spoilers, but you know how I felt about this. Excellent issue.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: It's a good issue, but the writing for Quoll feels pretty OOC. I just don't see him being intimidated so easily by Wind Duster. It's like Wolverine sniveling and crying in front of an aggroed Angel.

Also, since when does @alexander_wolffe care about what happens to Mark and his family? I might have missed a few pieces but haven't they just met each other in X amount of hours?

Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Alexander_Wolffe

@dngn4774: I would've recommended reading Wolffe and Wind Duster at the same time, alternating series every other issue, cuz quite a bit is explained from Wolffe's PoV.... Especially why he cares, not so much about Mark, but about Daisy.

Still though, it was either the last issue or the issue before that where Wolffe tells Mark directly why he cares.

And uh.... Where's Quoll at? I can't find him. O,o

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_wolffe: Nevermind. There's too many names to keep track of and I'm getting thoroughly confused.

Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Alexander_Wolffe

@dngn4774: Just start reading at Wind Duster 12 and Alexander Wolffe 3, alternate each series every other issue (I.e. After reading 12 and 3, read 13 and 4, 14 and 5, and so on), and it'll all make much more sense. This is a crossover and was written as a crossover, so you're missing the other half of the story reading it one series at a time. I grantee that'll clear a lot of things up, at least for the Wolffe/Wind Duster series.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: Just start reading at Wind Duster 12 and Alexander Wolffe 3, alternate each series every other issue (I.e. After reading 12 and 3, read 13 and 4, 14 and 5, and so on), and it'll all make much more sense. This is a crossover and was written as a crossover, so you're missing the other half of the story reading it one series at a time. I grantee that'll clear a lot of things up, at least for the Wolffe/Wind Duster series.

@tommythehitman Could you edit some links so that other people actually know the correct reading order?

Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Alexander_Wolffe

@dngn4774: It would also prolly help with not confusing characters to not be reading six different stories with six different characters two of which have similar names and powers, in the span of a week or two. Lol xP

EDIT: I know you're just trying to catch up on everything, that's the joke :P

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@tommythehitman: Now THAT was pretty cool. Mark really upped his hero factor with that performance. Am I the only one that's having a hard time pronouncing Pfifer's name? I keep on pronouncing the P instead of keeping it silent (darn it Key and Peele)