5th Column Comics: The Quoll Part 3

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Part 1:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-the-quoll-part-1-1592529/#14

Part 2:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-the-quoll-part-2-1593199/

Library:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-library-1589634/#4/

I look at the woman being punched in the face and smile. Now it’s not that I’ve suddenly turned evil or that she’s my ex-girlfriend, it’s just that it’s a CBTF trap. None of the punches are landing from the two guys in this “mugging.”

“Help! Help!” she wails which has no real urgency to it.

I heft my shopping and walk away noting the six CBTF agents on the nearby roof waiting to pounce. This is right in my zone where I normally patrol. Seems my antics have ruffled some feathers, just like me in my normal job. Caleb’s going to…what…oh no, don’t you idiot.

The sounds of Aerosmith’s ‘Dude looks like a lady’ boom across the sky. It can be either an Aerosmith blimp, which I highly doubt OR the super idiot known as…

No Caption Provided

“ROCKING ROLL TO THE RESCUE!” he bellows as he sweeps in towards the staged incident on his cloud. Yup the guys got a cloud. Now while he is a complete and utter tool he doesn’t deserve to get taken down by the CBTF. What really sucks the most about this is I bought ice-cream. I hurry away because they’ll probably have surveillance on the area.

I get back as fast as I can to see Rocking Roll surrounded and being kicked liked a soccer ball.

“OI! LET’IM GO!”

The six CBTF agents turn my way along with their three undercover operatives. “Secondary hostile on scene” beeps an electronic voice. “Scanning.”

“Nothin’ secondary about me mate,” I growl as I pop my claws for effect “Now let him go.”

“You are under arrest Quol, for th…”

“HEY! It’s QUOLL! Like roll with a qwuh at the start, ya flamin’ galah!” Jeez they get my goat when they get my name wrong. “Rock! Rock? Can you hear me?”

Rocking groans a slurred yes, suffering from a face full of pepper spray. He isn’t going to be much help. Nine on one is terrible odds.

“Dude!” groans Rocking Roll as he looks at the nine unconscious CBTF members. “Rock on!”

I pat the fire out on my fur while giving him a deep stare “Next time just look before…what are you doing?”

He looks at me with a joint hanging from his lips “Wha?”

I slap it from his mouth “I should’ve let them arrest you mate!”

“It’s medicinal man!” He protests.

“Whatever!” I bound over to a building and shimmy up the fire escape and disappear into the night leaving the idiot from planet rock standing there dumbfounded.

I stumble into work about an hour late and Caleb doesn’t say a word. He glares and his teeth look like they’re going to explode from the force of the gritting but he stays silent. As well he should because after the whumping I got last night I could rip a verbal hole in someone today. Bloody Rocking Roll! I look up at the TV in corner of the break room to see Deborah Dane talking to some idiot in what looks like a gimp outfit.

“My name…is Wind Duster.” He says with a stupid grin on his face; which slowly starts changing into a shade of pale “And I’m the world’s greatest superhe…”

And boom he falls over live on camera like a felled tree. I can’t help but laugh at him, as so a dozen or so cops watching it. Camera keeps rolling before they cross back to the studio.

“What a galah!” I say and then promptly cover my mouth. Sometimes I forget I’m pretending to be Canadian. “GOOSE! What a goose!”

“World’s greatest collapse!” mocks a cop who slurps down his coffee and hands me a slip of paper. It’s a file request form. Finally my efficient system is taking hold.

“I’ll start that now for you.” I head off to my little world of boxes. As I enter the corridor, standing there ominously with arms folded is Captain Caleb McDonald. I smile, shake my head and walk right up to him.

“What do you want?” I say bluntly pulling out the keys to my area.

“There’s something wrong with you,” mutter Caleb “And I’m going to find out what it is. Now here are seventy nine request forms that need immediate dispatch. They need to done by four because if not…” He thumps the stack of papers into my chest. “You want to work to rule Irwin, well it’s a two way street. Four pm. Today. Get to it.”

I scowl as he walks away. I look at the first request and smile as I open the door. “Well this one isn’t filled in correctly.”

To be continued…

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Oh wow now the heros are teaming up, what's a girl to do?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By TommytheHitman

This issue was great! I really enjoyed seeing Quoll interact with Caleb and the Rock/Roll guy. Also seeing how people react to Mark always makes me laugh.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Thanks. Quoll in both sides of his life has issues

@impurestcheese: If you're Gaia, well you kill'em of course! (Just let me know if you want to kill Rocking Roll)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@batkevin74: I don't know where you got that picture, but Rocking Roll is effin' hilarious! And in his real life, Quoll is a bit of a petty, passive agressive a-hole. Nothin' wrong with that characterization, but just sayin'. Nice short chapter. Looking forward to the next one. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: It's of Valhallen from a cartoon, and a portmaneau of Van Halen and Valhalla. He may get his own one-shot, very few rock n roll super heroes out there. Dazzler, Hypno-Hustler & KISS do NOT count!

But yeah Quoll is a low level government employee who has been at it too long and thus hates it and everything to do with it, though very good at his job.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74; She has her own problem at the moment...

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By batkevin74
Avatar image for bumpy_macediton
Bumpy_MacEditon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Another bump for another lovely chapter.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@batkevin74: My childhood thanks you for using an image of Val Hallen. Ah the good old days, back when cartoon network only played cartoons.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: And now Valhallen lives on as Rocking Roll...well until I kill him! Or give him his own series :)

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@batkevin74: Dude, I'm enjoying this one a lot more than Blight. Nothing wrong with Blight, don't get me wrong, but I think you've got the comedy down pat with this series. That being said, awesome chapter.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By batkevin74