5th Column Comics: The Quoll Part 2

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Part 1: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-the-quoll-part-1-1592529/#14

Library: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-library-1589634/#4/

“…and another bloody thing, why do they still have a Blight Task Force? Didn’t we kill all of them? Or is this ANOTHER lie the government is telling us? Ask yourselves that? Because people like me, like you should know this info?” The reporter for channel 77 struggles to get her microphone back which I eventually let her have as I let out one final yell into it “This is the Quoll!”

I run off into the night. Most of this will go out as Channel 77 is one of the few news channels in the city that still sends reporters out to do a live late night weather report. That’ll probably change if I keep doing this but it is the only way to get the message out to the people. I also use Tweeta but they can track down the IP address and triangulate positions so my seventy six followers get irregular updates.

I duck into an alleyway and check to make sure it’s clear. I double check because a few times piles of rubbish have actually been homeless people. I face the wall and de-quoll, dumb term but it’s what happens. I go from a quoll looking person to a normal looking person. Another quick check and its home time and ready for another day at the office.

I look at the detective, I think I roll my eyes, and he stops talking about whatever he was talking about and snaps. “Am I boring you?”

“Oh no,” I pause to sip my coffee “But I need your request in writing.”

“What?”

I shrug “Blame Caleb.”

“Captain McDonald?”

“Yeah, everything by the book now.”

He taps the bench in frustration “I need th…”

“The box on those poor boys that got their heads kicked in out the back of the Winslow’s last month, I heard you the first time. But without the paperwork…” I sip my coffee and lean back.

“Look you smug Canadian &^%$!” He slaps the bench, I try not to smile but it’s kinda flattering that my faux Canadian accent is working. “I need it for court!”

“Well best you go and get a request form then.” I counter and sip my coffee “Oh and I will be speaking to Caleb about your behaviour detective…I didn’t catch your name?”

“&^%$ you!” He roars and storms off.

I lean out of my little cage and yell after him “Bye!” I notice the line of other police officers and detectives. “If you don’t have a proper request form, I can’t help you.”

My long day is finally at an end when I hear the familiar thumping of someone annoyed coming down the corridor. I don’t care because it’s beer o’clock. I start to slide the roller shutter down when a hand grabs it and forces it up.

“We’re closed!”

“A word Irwin.” Growls Captain McDonald.

“You can have all the words Caleb,” I smile “But I have finished for the day. Anything after four and its overtime.”

He slaps down a pile of request forms “You haven’t finished.”

“Actually Caleb, I have.” I leave the window and exit the door, standing beside him. “Now I could give you the keys but that would be a breach of procedu...”

No Caption Provided

“Don’t pull that procedure crap on me!” He pushes me in the chest. “Get back in there and do your job!”

“Look Captain Stubing…” I don’t get to finish my smart alec remarks when he grabs me by the collar and thumps me into the wall. “Fisticuffs eh?”

“Irwin, you are a…”

Now it’s my turn to interrupt “A civil servant who had a new camera installed.” I raise my eyebrows and he glances up to the brand new motion camera pointing right on us. “See when you gave me that warning; I decided to cover my behind, to document my day so I could prove your allegations were unfounded. The union rep suggested this by the way. How’s it going to look when a captain of the Indigo Police Department is shown physically assaulting a co-worker for seemingly no reason.” His face changes from anger to. “Now feel free to tear it down but it live streams up to the hard drive in my lawyer’s office along with a copy to my union rep. Now, get your hands off me!”

He lets me go and I quickly leave. I'm nearly out when I turn and give him one last parting reminder, “Just think about how much trouble you are going to be in, Caleb.”

End of part 2

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Really cool stuff. I always like it when News Reporters react to Super Human related stuff. So is there a Carrier AND a Blight Task Force? Are they not both the same or am I missing something?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#3  Edited By cbishop
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: The Quoll is just bringing up the fact that the CBTF has Blight in the title. Why name it after something that is supposedly gone/under control? And he's making you think

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By batkevin74

Bumped

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Always enjoy your writing, but this was all setup- didn't really get anywhere. The "Captain Stubing" reference was nice though. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Yeah but if you don't set the board you can't knock it over later :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@cbishop said:

@batkevin74: Always enjoy your writing, but this was all setup- didn't really get anywhere. The "Captain Stubing" reference was nice though. :)

@cbishop

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cbishop
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cbishop
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop said:

@batkevin74: <patiently waiting on #2>

I think you mean part 3, but I catch your drift

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: 0.0 ...uh...that's...what I said! How...how dare you change my post when you quoted it! <"righteous" indignation>

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wow , the Love Boat captain himself... awesome blast from the past...cheerio good form Peter good form.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers