johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By johnjo719

****A week after the crossways event****

Lillian rubbed her temples and squeezed her eyes shut. She'd been staring at the sample of her son's blood. For several hours, but no matter what she tried, she could understand why he still suffered after heavy use of his powers. It was especially frustrating given the nature of her Carrier ability. Her eyes could see better than any human's. She could adjust her vision to see on a cellular level, at least that's as far as she dared try. Something told her she wouldn't like what she'd see if she tried to go further. At night, she saw just as clearly as if it were daytime. There existed no fog or mist dense enough to cloud her vision, she could see through anything, except for lead, and could actually visualize many different wavelengths. When she focused she could follow cellular signals and radio signals and all such similar things. Despite all of that, the cause behind her son's illness eluded her.

The phone on her desk rang, the sudden interruption of the quiet she'd grown accustomed to caused her to jump. She answered the phone and spoke, slightly irritated.

"Yes?" She said into the phone.

"Dr. Jones." Said a very familiar voice on the other end of the phone conversation. "We've been waiting to hear from you."

"Oh! Um, hello Director Turnbull." Lillian replied nervously. "I've been meaning to get back to you, but you know with my husband's sudden departure-"

"Yes, we know all about your husband's betrayal." the voice replied. "The Conglomerate is not pleased that you've allowed him to elude you. We've begun our own inquiries into the matter."

Lillian's heart beat jumped to new heights when she heard this new revelation. If the director found her husband before she got his hands on him.....

"Director, I've got the situation well in hand. I've a few new leads on his current location." Lillian said in an attempt to calm the Director.

"So do we." He replied simply. "How's that other project coming along? Has Lex agreed to join us?"

"I've not brought it up yet." Lillian said. "But I'm sure once I do, he'll go right along with us. It's an offer that suits him well."

"See that he does." Director Turnbull said. "We need an edge if we want to be able to use carriers to our benefit."

"Yes, Director." Lillian said, but she was speaking to a dead connection as the Director had hung up.

******Meanwhile in Lex's new HQ********

Lex looked up as Rico walked into his office. Behind Rico trailed threw new hires. Lex sincerely hoped that these new men were less pathetic than the previous ones, if not, he'd have to speak to Rico about his poor decision making skills.

"Boss. I've found some new guy's for ya." Rico stated.

"Yes, Rico, I see that. I'm not blind." Lex replied tiredly. "What do they call themselves and what can they do?"

When Lex spoke, Rico gestured at the first man, a skinny, nervous looking type, and he stepped forward.

"This is Invisidude. He can make himself go invisible. And also he can cloak himself against all the other normal senses. So if wanted to he can sneak up on someone without ever being heard, seen, smelled, tasted, or touched." Rico stated in one breath.

Lex raised his eyebrows at the part about not being tasted, but he nodded his head at the other parts. This one had promise. Seeing Lex's acceptance of the first guy, Rico grinned and continued on.

"This guy is known as Bone. He can make bone protrude through his body from his fists, elbows, and fingertips. His bones are super durable so they're hard to break." Rico started. The man he pointed to stepped forward. He was a pretty big guy, almost matching Lex in both height and weight. He didn't look too impressed by his potential employer. "Also he's really strong and fast, heals quick and stuff. Plus he says he can track using scent."

"Interesting." Lex says. "So if I ordered you to find and hunt down a certain talking rat, could you do that?"

"Of course." Bone replied casually. His voice was gravely and deep. "You just find something I can sniff and I'll find him."

"We'll discuss that later." Lex said darkly.

"And this, is Speedy Rodriguez." Rico said proudly.

Lex's face contorted into an expression of disbelief.

"Is that really his name?" He asked.

"Yep! That's what he calls himself, boss." Rico said. "He's really, really fast. I saw him outrun a bullet, and a train once."

Lex nodded and smiled as he surveyed his new hires. He was putting together a pretty good team here and he was going to enjoy testing their limits.

"Before you guys officially work for me, I'm going to need you guys to do something for me." Lex stated as he rose from his seated position.

"The four of you are going to break into the Detention Center for Criminally Inclined Carriers. And you're going to breakout every Carrier they've got locked up in there."

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By johnjo719

@tommythehitman

@impurestcheese

@cbishop

@The_Deathstroker

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@johnjo719: Making a little criminal empire huh. Nice to see Wolverine, Speed Demon and the er okay I'll let you off the first one make debuts in 5th Column Comics. Just remember that you're not the only villain on the block

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol wolverine doesn't shoot bones from his body does he? I thought he had some metal for bones?

I'm not sure who speed demon is lol

And ha! No comparison to any other characters for that one eh?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Not sure about the Supervillain Name thing... which is kinda hypocritical coming from ME I guess... but 'eh whatever.

Pretty much more of what I liked about the other issues except a bit short. Ah well

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@johnjo719: You don't know who Speed Demon is?! You will pay for your heresy so says....

No Caption Provided

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@johnjo719: Seems Quoll is gonna smack some Hard minions around soon :)

And Lillian Jones is proving to be possibly the more interesting character in Lex Hard's life, I kinda want to know more about her and less about him.

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By johnjo719

@impurestcheese: lol I don't know who the archer is either. Does that make me even more of a heretic?

@batkevin74: I haven't really delved into Lex yet lol but I'm working on Lillian and maybe her development will make Lex more interesting along the way

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoops! That one went right over my head @impurestcheese

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#11  Edited By cbishop
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719: And technically with that Crossbow it's not an archer but a markswoman

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or a Falconer? Or Ranger or Hunter? Or are we just going off of weapons?

@cbishop : thanks!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@johnjo719: Going off the weaponry. Since I use a handbow at work it seemed appropriate

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By johnjo719

Whoa really? That's pretty cool.....i use a pencil at work

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719: I use it for insering radio tags in whales

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

much, much cooler than my job lol. You don't hurt them do you?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719: Nope, the bolts are loaded with an adhesive tip for sticking to the outer skin, the shaft then detaches leaving the tag stuck on the animals skin. I only do said surveys for about a month every year, the rest of the time I'm tracking more terrestrial species. It gets mentioned now and then in Impurest's (my) Guide to Animals on the Off Topic Board

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh okay that seems cool! Also it sounds like all you could do to me, a heretic, is track me

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719: I don't suppose capturing you could be any harder then my snake handling training in Indonesia. You don't have venomous fangs by any chance?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cbishop

@johnjo719: I love the names, but if Speedy Rodriguez doesn't yell "Undalay! Undalay (sp?)! Hee-hah!" at least once, I will be severely disappointed. Equally so if someone else doesn't tell him, "Don't do that again." lol

To answer an earlier question, Wolverine's claws used to be depicted as sometimes-flat/ sometimes-rounded blades coming out of his hands. They have since been retconned as bone inside of adamantium, like the rest of his skeleton.

I'm guessing that Invisidude may wind up being a challenge to Lillian at some point. :)

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: shhhhh I'm not telling anything lol. But I kind of remember something from a movie he had bone claws before he got adamantium put in his body, but he couldn't shoot bones out as projectile weapons could he?

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: no unfortunately I do not. But like I said, I work with pencils, and my sharpening skills are nothing to scoff at, even if I do say so myself.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719: No, he couldn't, but I was only answering the question. Bone reminded me less of Wolverine than he did a cross between Doomsday and that guy from the X-Men movies that could grow-and-throw bone-ish projectiles.

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: oh, I was asking because I know little about marvel.

But the only thing that reminds me of Logan is the whole tracking thing

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719: So in other words you're less deadly than a cobra. Not that I hunt people regularly you understand, usually it's live animal capture on sites ready for construction

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: if you don't hunt people regularly, do you then hunt them unusually?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719: Reptiles, Rodents, Otters and basically anything protected by EU Legislation

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh okay! The eU is the European Union?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Bone and Speedy Rodriguez (just making notes as I go)

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@johnjo719: And the crew is assembled with a jailbreak under way! Looking forward to reading the next chapter