5th Column Comics: Lex Hard #17

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By johnjo719

Speedy sped ahead of the others and into the town hall and the basement entrance. He came to an immediate halt after noticing the bodies of the unconscious CBTF agents that littered the floor. One of the six remaining Cabal Carriers reached out with his arm and it stretch from across the room to punch Speedy in the face. In total his arm stretched a distance of ten feet. Two more Cabal operators sprang into action. One used his water based powers to summon moisture from the air and freeze it, hurling it at Speedy. The chunks of ice would have done serious damage had it hit him. Luckily, The Loup Garou had arrived just in time. The chunks of ice broke against his well muscled chest and the crystalline pieces fell to the floor. The Cabal's Carriers stood frozen in place. The pure hate and Rage seeping from the Loup's pores was palpable. He took a step forward and his enemies took a step back.

"Face him you bloody cowards!" Rodrick shouted. When none of them moved to follow his orders, Rodrick turned to face the beast himself. "Fine, I'll deal with you lot later." Rodrick promised.

As the two carriers stared each other down, the sound of crackling electricity was heard throughout the basement as Rodrick prepared his attack. "I'm going to cook you, you mongrel. And then I'm going to feed you-"

Rodrick didn't even see it coming. The Loup had moved that fast. One moment he was standing in front of him and the next, he was behind Rodrick with his arm cocked back and his claws extended. Rodrick just barely managed to dodge what would have been a devastating attack. He jumped back and then lashed out with his arm, sending a bolt of electricity towards The Loup. The yellow energy wrapped itself around him, like some sort of whip and shocked him, burning the furs around his neck. All of those voltages coursing through his body caused The Loup Garou to roar in pain, but he stood strong. Rodrick tried again, but this time an attack from the side cause of him to cut his own attack short as he moved to avoid the attack.

"Kira." He hissed. " I wondered when you would make an appearance."

"Well, the wait is over. You will die here l, Rodrick. Lex's orders." Kira said calmly, though her eyes betrayed her anger.

"Still following my nephew around like a lapdog are you? Your talents are being wasted here Kira. Join us, we can-." Rodrick started to say.

"Save it. I didn't come here to hear you talk. I came here to kill you." And with that Kira leapt into action. Her Katana aimed for his throat. Rodrick dodged her sword's thrust and countered with a swift upper cut. Kira sensed the attack coming and immediately moved to counter. It was unnecessary because, suddenly, the Loup Garou appeared behind Rodrick and grabbed him by the waist and through him into the air. Kira jumped into the air after him, intending to run him through from below. Just as the tip of her blade closed the distance, his electricity came to life and he send a shock down the metal blade and shocked Kira, throwing her attack off.

Meanwhile, Speedy dealt with the other carriers. Stretch tried to wrap him up with his uber stretchy limbs, but Speedy just ran circles around him. Literally. Stretch ended up tangling himself up with his own arms.

The carrier with the ice gathered more water from the air and started hurling frozen snowballs at speedy who dodged them easily. The blob the used this as a distraction to sneak up from behind and enveloped Speedy wholly. Speedy panicked for a second, but quickly regained his wits. He started moving his legs, slowly at first, but increasingly fast. Finally The Blob couldn't hold him any longer and Speedy broke free. Using his momentum, he rushed the ice carrier, who he had started thinking of as Arctic Frost, and delivered a high speed punch straight to the jaw and knocked him out. Two carriers down and four more left to go.

"Well three more, if I don't count Rodrick." Speedy thought to himself as he watched Kira and The Loup Work together to take him down.

Kira shook off Rodrick's attack fairly quickly as the Loup took over. He rushed Rodrick and swiped at him with those deadly claws. It was all Rodrick could do to keep from getting killed. Each swipe tore more and more cloth from Rodrick's protective clothing, just barely grazing his skin. He couldn't keep up with the Loup for much longer and the beast knew it. The fact that Kira was running towards him with a determined look in her eyes didn't help matters much either. The Loup forced Rodrick to dodged to the left, which set Kira up and opened Rodrick to a lateral sword swipe from Kira, intended to cut him in half. Rodrick spun on his heels and avoided Kira's blade and with electricity crackling at his fingertips, he jabbed her in the neck.

Kira shouted in a mixture of pain and frustration as the Loup Garou launched a punch straight for Rodrick, not giving him even a second to breathe or come up with a battle plan.

In the back ground Speedy continued his battle with the other carriers. The blob had pulled itself back together. And another carrier, who seemed to be telekinetic,levitated some random debris into the air and launched them all at Speedy. Speedy dodged them all while moving closer and closer with each step. Suddenly a shadowy arm emerged from the darkness and tripped him up. Speedy crashed to the floor, giving the blob an opportunity to pounce on him and cover him up while the telekinetic carrier, a female, used her abilities to keep Speedy from moving. He was suffocating.

Kira and the Loup continued their onslaught, backing Rodrick down into a tight corner. As they closed in on him, the basement began to shake. Pieces of the ceiling started falling and the support beams started to fracture. Then from underneath the floor, A tunnel appeared and Quake, one of Alex's newer hires, jumped out.

"Guys, we need to go. More Blackridge units are on their way down here." He announced.

"Sure. Just let us finish him off." Kira said before turning to face Rodrick again.

"No time." Quake said. No sooner did those words escape his lips, did the room begin to fill up with CBTF agents, armed to the teeth.

"Weapons down! Now!" The lead agent barked. He looked around and saw Dawson and Jack in a corner behind some cover, having been largely ignored by the carriers. "You two okay?" He asked his colleagues.

"Yea, we're aces." Dawson replied sarcastically. When the agent looked back to where Lex's team had been standing, they were gone and the tunnel sealed shut. As if it never even existed. The shaking of the basement had distracted the telekinetic carrier which allowed Speedy to break free of the blob, and whisk his friends to safety. Now the CBTF only had to deal with the remaining Cabal operators.

"Any disappearing tricks you four would like to try out?" Dawson asked as his fellow Agents trained their weapons on the carriers before them, the sounds of their energy rifles powering up sounded like a quiet warning.

Slowly, Rodrick put his hands in the air and the other carriers followed suite.

"We surrender."

*****I know, I know. Long hiatus. I'm truly sorry for the gap between issues, hopefully I can post more reliably from now on*****

Anyway, here's the new chapter:

@batkevin

@impurestcheese

@cbishop

@tommythehitman

@thedeathstroker

I'll tag everyone else when I get access to a computer....the @ system doesn't work on my phone so I had to kinda go off of memory

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@johnjo719: Yeah, you need a serious edit when you get to your computer. Your phone's spell check jacked this all up...

All of those voltages flour song through his body...

lol :^D

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop:yea it's so annoying. I might just turn off auto correct

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@johnjo719: There's some capatalisation to sort out too

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@johnjo719: <sigh> Perils of double-library work- I had added this to the FOP page for 5CC, but never added it to the actual library. Problem corrected: added to the 5th Column Comics Library. :)

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh wow I didn't even catch that! But thanks for fixing it though.