Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alexander_Wolffe

Warning: Content ahead may be too graphic for some viewers. Viewer discretion is advised.

No Caption Provided

2 Months and 14 Days Later, Kingville Forest

Over two months ago Dr. Rive, a long time friend and ally, was ambushed and captured by CBTF forces. Fortunately for him and us, he was out of their hands almost as fast as he went in. Unfortunately for the CBTF, we were able to get a squad of carriers to intercept the vehicle holding Rive before it reached CBTF headquarters. Since his recuperation he's been in charge back in Kingville due to my absence.

"Alexander! It's about time you've returned! We were starting to worry you weren't coming back. Where the heck have you been?" Dr. Rive shouted as I strolled back into the camp, feeling stronger then ever.

So, what has been going on this whole time? Where have I been? About a week after Rive was captured and subsequently released was my wedding anniversary. I needed (and wanted) some alone time, so I packed a few things up, and left the camp, the list, and my responsibilities behind for a little vacation in the city. I ended up taking advantage of the alone time and having nothing to do really by practicing with my abilities at every chance I had. During the day I'd keep a low profile, scanning over the surface of people's minds, finding out what they're thinking at the current moment, where they're going, where they're coming from, ect. During the night I'd go out to the.... Lesser patrolled areas of the city and practice going deep into people's minds, discovering their most hidden secrets- without killing them, as I seemed to have a hard time doing, and trying to figure out more creative ways of disabling enemies. Every now and then I'd throw in some telekinesis practice, disarming, maiming, stealing, and lifting larger objects. I can feel both myself and the powers evolving, growing stronger, and getting more controlled, I've only unlocked the smallest fraction of these abilities' potential capabilities.

"Ah, around. Just in the city. Needed some time to myself and ended up getting caught up in things and... All the sudden it's been two months." I replied.

"Well.... We're glad you're back." Rive smiles. "We've got a lot to discuss when you get a minute. A lot can happen in two months."

"I would hope so. I'm going to clean up real quick, then I'll meet you in the CCC in no more then fifteen minutes to talk." I respond. He nods in agreement.

Fifteen Minutes Later, Carrier Command Center (CCC), Kingville Forest

"What's the latest news?" I ask Rive as I stroll into the giant tent.

"Well...where to begin?" His voice trails off, "...I guess we can start with rising numbers among our ranks. Our numbers have doubled in your absence."

"Doubled!? You must be one helluva recruiter or there's something else that you're about to tell me." I say, genuinely shocked at this news."

"Ha! Maybe a little bit of both. Nah, but I think it has to do with the new public displays of heroism by various carriers-"

"Displays of heroism? What, they think they're superheroes or something?" I interject, confused and intrigued.

"I don't know what they think, Alex. From what I can tell they're just trying to do the right thing and use their abilities to help people." He replies, pauses, and then continues, "They are being accepted, Alex. The public fear is starting to diminish. We might be able to live without fear again. In peace."

"Help people? Why do these people deserve help from our gifted kind? Have these "heroes" so easily forgotten the camps? What they did to us? How can they even consider helping these heartless beasts!? And how you can even consider going back to live among them? Have you forgotten what they did to your fiancée!?" I question, enraged.

"No one will ever forget the camps! You know that! And you sure as hell know I remember what they did to my fiancée! The people they're helping aren't the people that tortured and killed us, Alex! They aren't the people that tortured and killed my fiancée! They aren't the people that tortured and killed your friends and family! Why are you so full of hate? These people are innocent. They've done nothing wrong, but live their lives! They're as guilty as all the orphaned carrier children we bring into the camp are guilty for their orphaning! You want to kill them too!? You're a sad, broken man, Alex, I understand that. But you have no real reason to hate these people!" Rive screams back, fuming. I stand there in shock. He takes a deep breath, sighs, then continues, ".... I'm sorry, Alex. I didn't mean to say all that... It's just- I- I- I'm sorry. A lot of stress and little sleep lately."

Silence. Extended Silence.

"....Well..... let's move on to the next topic. You're no longer the only Alex in town. A new figurehead is rising in the city. Real name is Alexander Eisenhardt. Goes by Lex Hard. Real big, tall. Supposedly a carrier. Got into a scrap with some other carriers, and is wanted by the CBTF for killing some CBTF troops. Sounds a lot like someone I know." Dr. Rive says, breaking the silence and trying to be funny to ease the tension.

"It sure does. So the new pup is trying to take on the Wolf, eh? He still in the city?" I respond.

"For now." He replies. "But before you make any plans to visit him there's one more thing I need to tell you. When you wer-"

"Pardon me, sir. Phone call for you, sir." Interrupts a young carrier named Robb that works the computer.

"Who is it?" I ask him.

"He didn't say, sir. He won't talk to me, sir. He says he'll only talk to you, sir." Robb responds.

"Did he ask for me by name?" I question. He nods yes.

How the hell did he get my name? "Hand me the phone." I command. He obeys.

"Hello?" I ask.

A warped voice responds, "Hello. I'm deeply sorry for interrupting your reunio-"

"Who the hell are you and how did you get this number?" As if he'll actually answer that.

The voice comes back, "We will cover that later, Alexander. Right now time is of the essence. I'm glad you even got back in time from your vacation to hear this. Richard Quill Garrison, you should know who he is, as he's one of the names on your list, is attending a banquet at Donna Tori's Mansion in the city. The banquet takes place tomorrow night at 10, but guests are welcome to show as early as 8:00. Feel free to ignore this message, but know others will be going for the kill, so this may be your only chance to get him. Happy Hunting."

"And how am I suppose to know this isn't a setup?" I question the voice.

"You don't." The voice echoes before hanging up.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

5th Column Comics Library

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice chapter! I like the reference to Lex Hard. A little bit of conflict is on the horizon

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Very nice set up. I have missed Wolffe in the few months he's been gone. I also like how I was very interested in what he's been doing recently and even though it was (like you said) just a few Characters talking it helped deliver some pretty important Character Development.

Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice chapter! I like the reference to Lex Hard. A little bit of conflict is on the horizon

Thanks! Yeah, maybe we can start planning a cross-over soon. ;D

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Very nice set up. I have missed Wolffe in the few months he's been gone. I also like how I was very interested in what he's been doing recently and even though it was (like you said) just a few Characters talking it helped deliver some pretty important Character Development.

Thanks! Glad you liked it!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Very intresting still want to know what these mysterious phone calls are around. Hopefully the Alexs will take each other down leaving the city goddess territory

Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Alexander_Wolffe

Very intresting still want to know what these mysterious phone calls are around. Hopefully the Alexs will take each other down leaving the city goddess territory

You'll find out very, very soon >:)

And pfft, hell nah. In your dreams xP

Oh, and Wolffe just needs to get wet somehow for you, right? Like if someone shakes his hand, and their hand is wet, that's suffice?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@alexander_wolfe: That should suffice. And please Terra is strong enough to deal with both of them

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Alexander_Wolffe

@cbishop: Thanks! :3

@impurestcheese: Alright. Cool. I'lll do that then.

And I don't think so. :P

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex hard is a businessman, he'd try to profit from Wolffe before he fought him.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@alexander_wolffe: I'm really getting a Magneto vibe from Wolffe, I think that really helps his character. Like the inclusion of a mystery as well

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By batkevin74

And who is that mystery voice????

Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: He goes off the radar for quite a bit, but he hasn't been forgotten about.

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I really liked it, however Rive's monologue lecturing Alex didn't sit right with me. It wasn't campy or cheesy, but didn't seem realistic. If not that for some reason it didn't seem consistent with the writing style and dialogue already used in the series. I love Alexander's characterization. Reminds me a lot of Fassbender's Magneto, but that's a good thing in my book. Although I'm envisioning him as a more Tom Hardy looking type.

Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redhood13: I agree completely, honestly.

I try to sweep away and ignore the early issues of Wolffe besides the origins issue, his story in the camps, and then his crossover with Wind Duster. It took a long while to find my footing with Wolffe... Long while as in not until after the WD crossover when he kills a certain someone (you'll find out about later) and then goes missing for several months. That's where things get, well, at least a little enjoyable in my opinion.

Thanks for reading, commenting, and the feedback though. Always appreciate it. Will be reading your story shortly. Have like 20 tabs open with all the 5CC I need to catch up on.

Highly recommend continuing onto the next issue though.... You're in for a surprise if you haven't heard about it yet....