The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The_Deathstroker
No Caption Provided

Video blog #0 from User: Ex. Marine Colonel Alexander Mason Wolffe. Date: Unknown. Gender: Male. Age: 38. Location: Indigo City. Post Impact.

It was only a day before the Impact when I got back from my tour of duty. I was due to come in the week before and bring my family to Disney World, but fate had other plans for me.

The night before I was due to leave originally, General Butch requested my presence in the situation room ASAP. He knew I was to be taking my leave the next day, and was a good family friend (He was there, by my side the entire time, for my ascension from Private to Colonel), so I knew it had to be something serious for him to call me that particular night. And it most certainly was. When I got to the situation room the looks of confusion and worried faces flooded me. A single Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) crashed through the atmosphere and into a village in Southern Africa. There were no survivors. But, the curious thing was, is that none of them died from the UFO, none of the people had burn injuries of shrapnel injuries prominent enough to be from a such a large vehicular device crashing. They were killed from the gas released when the UFO exploded on impact. And the even more curious thing is that everyone was killed, that is correct, but some of them... Lived, in a sense... As some type of infected non-living creatures. That is why the General needed me. He threw together a task force and he needed me to lead them to the village and bring back skin/DNA/Brain Tissue samples of the dead, and of the infected. Well, I led them to the village alright. And what followed was something out of a hellish nightmare. I don't like to remember that night, but I can tell you this, we went in with fifty men. We left with four. We couldn't get any samples, so our backup plan was to burn everything. Every corpse, ever home, and every plant within a five mile radius of the village to make sure whatever happened there didn't get out to anywhere else. Little did I know of the horror that this event foreshadowed.

It was a week long project, and after we got back to the States the General found me a plane bringing soldiers home, that was stopping in multiple cities, one being Indigo City, my home. He knew I wouldn't tell anyone of what I or he saw, after all, he trusted me with the knowledge of Project Sparta, one of the most off the books projects in existence and I kept my word, but that is a story for another day. There wasn't much more we could do with the UFO incident as no evidence was gathered or examples brought back, so we all did what we could, but by the end of the day I was free to go.

Indigo City was the first stop on that flight, and I can still remember the great feeling that I actually meant something to people, that people actually appreciate what I do, because when I stepped out of the plane, my family had planned a "Welcome Home" party and everyone clapped me off. I felt like a superstar. But that feeling was nothing compared to my joy when I saw my beautiful wife, Elizabeth, and my adorable seven year old daughter, Rebecca or Rebbie as I liked to call her to annoy her. Ah, Rebbie. What a wonderful little thing she was. I loved her more than anything in the world, in fact, haha, I could probably draw a perfect image of her face after all this time apart. She had long, flowing, curly black hair that came down to her shoulders, just like her mother, and had the cutest, widest, and most beautiful tiny blue eyes in the world. The last time I saw her she still had all her teeth, now she's got five new ones and is missing three. She had the sweetest, and softest little voice you could imagine, always with a small hint of curiosity in it. She knew I didn't quite fancy her tea parties and princess fairy tales, so she was a good sport and would play catch with me or anything that was more fun for most boys than most girls. She was smart, athletic, sociable, and beautiful, every father's dream daughter. She was my everything.

Anyway, the day continued on with a feast and celebration with many friends and family members, it was a blast, but I just couldn't wait for anything more than to get home, and snuggle up with my Elizabeth and Rebbie at home. Which eventually we finally got to do and we watched some Demon Dog, a show I wasn't too fond of my child watching, but it's what all the kids watched then and Rebbie found it to be one of the most amusing things to exist so I suffered through for her happiness. It was a fantastic day. One almost too good to be true.

That was the day before the Impact. The day before Hell on Earth.

TO BE CONTINUED....

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The_Deathstroker
SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Loading Video...

That's what you get for not tagging me

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Deathstroker
SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: I know. I don't get notifications for DSG.

But I'm still him. And you're still SRE

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: I know. I don't get notifications for DSG.

But I'm still him. And you're still SRE

So you tag me knowing with a name that I no longer go by and you knowing Im not gonna get the notification.....

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Deathstroker

@saint_wildcard: No.... I copied and pasted the tag list from the other 5th Column Comics threads and posted them here.

After you said something about me not tagging you, I edited your old name in :D

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Very nice bit of foreshadowing at the end. If Wind Duster ever meets Wolfe they should leave Daisy with Rebbie to watch some Demon Dog.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@The_Deathstroker: A few odd capitalisations for no real reason eg: Tour of Duty. Situation Room but not bad.

I think I may have to expand Demon Dog from my initial T-shirt reference to the tv show you and @tommythehitman have made

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Deathstroker

@batkevin74: Thanks. Fixing now. @tommythehitman: Thanks. Doing an Origins story will put me a bit behind you guys, but I'll be able to fast forward and catch up at some point. I don't think that would be possible with our kids D:

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@The_Deathstroker

Might I suggest editing to call the blights "the infected" or something like that rather then the dead? Calling them zombies is catty and fine. But calling them "dead" implies the government and the character know more then they do, especially since no samples were taken. I did notice a few minor typo's, but otherwise this is a solid start and good characterization.

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Deathstroker

@wildvine: Good idea. Thanks. Ill edit that. And alright. Maybe I'll try to have an editor next time because an extra set of eyes always helps. And thanks! Glad to hear from a friend and one of the most famous fan fic'rs. @joshmightbe: Yeah, that's what I was going to make this and it's what it was originally, but I just think of something this long and descriptive it's just better to make it a "video blog" so that then I can do it again to finish the origin story and hop right into the full story.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: I know, but to me all typos are major. I want to seem professional to le readers.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Welcome to Fan-Fic! Intresting start and I can't wait to see more :-)

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Thanks!

I hear you might be joining our little squad soon too! Hope you do! xD

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Deathstroker: I'm curious to see if anyone else picks up on your crash site. The fact that this ship crashed about two weeks ahead of the ones in Indigo City (based on guessing a week for the crash, the effects, and the military to mobilize on it, and then the stated week to burn the area to the ground) means that this one ship was well ahead of the others. Was it running from the others? Was it a scout? Why was it so far ahead of the rest? Were the others following it? Hunting it? And what else is out there that it caused them all to crash? You've opened up some interesting questions for the 5CC.

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Ah, and that my friend, is what I was hoping someone would pick up on. (Little nitpick, it crashed just over a week before because the military was aware of it the day of and sent my guy out on a week long project in which he got back and went home on the day before the Impact. Either way it was well ahead of the others). So many questions are now there to be answered by any of us and it opens up a whole new length to where we can go with the story of our characters and perhaps even the galaxy itself. It really expands our horizons with what we have to work with.

Also, if you don't mind I'm going to quote the questions you just asked in one of my future chapters.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@The_Deathstroker: Not sure how I feel about this (Nothing bad it's just something I say on a lot of first issues). There isn't enough to make a decision on any individual characters at this time. I'll have a better critique when you pick it up again.

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: Thanks.

Next one should be up by the end of tonight.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Deathstroker

@tommythehitman: Heh, thanks. Waiting for approval on something from a mod before I post it.

If it's approved, you'll know what I'm talking about when you see it.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Lol, nope. What I'm talking about won't go into detail, but just something to give you an understanding of the character.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TommytheHitman

@The_Deathstroker

Quick Question. What are Wolfe's powers? I don't think they were shown in this issue.

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The_Deathstroker

@tommythehitman: They weren't cuz this was just the origins leading up to TBI, and no one got their powers before TBI :3

I told Dng them to get them approved, but I suppose I should let y'all know in case a crossover is ever wanted.

I'll go dig up the old PM I sent to Dn and just copy and paste it to a PM with you and me.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@The_Deathstroker: I liked it, nice little foreshadow to the TGI and I can of get a feel for how Wolffe's attitude is going to be following.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped as I play catch up

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I feel this has a need to be bumped. I just reread it and realized there are a lot of hints at what is to come, which I never noticed before and think it's pretty cool I subconsciously snuck this stuff in. I think it's especially interesting because this is post impact but pre camps, it's during the Blight War with a still happy Wolffe. Reading this and then some of the more recent issues just shows how much he changed in between this period and the camps. I really recommend reading this again if you have time. Especially if we ever go through with the possible "Where were you during the Blight War?" series with our characters.

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea I'm definitely curious as to what Wolffe was up to during the Blight War

Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719: There's definitely a ton of stuff I can work with for that story. Even if the group doesn't do it I might end up just doing it with Wolffe for the heck of it.

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm definitely planning something for the Loup Garou though. Pretty interesting guy

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Re-read and bumped as I go over this again to catch up, as I did with Lex and The Response. Nice, might need a clarification on the South African crash you mention but other than that @alexander_wolffe: cool

Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: It's cleared up a little in one of Imp's issues.

But I don't wanna say the name of the character so I don't ruin the surprise. :3