Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

ALL-NEW X-MEN #29

(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A/CA) Stuart Immonen

• Past, present and future collide as the Future Brotherhood exacts their final judgment on the All-New X-Men.

• Plus, Angel takes control!

Item Code: MAY140879 In Shops: 7/9/2014 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

OH YEAHHHHHH

staypuffed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

Love this series. I'm kinda sad Immonen's taking a break for a bit, but Sara Pichelli is the opposite of a bad replacement.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#3  Edited By Teerack

You know... Angel used to be a really great character. He was in the Champions and Defenders and just out doing all sorts of cool relevant to the marvel universe stuff.... seeing this cover is just making me resent the X-Men for lobotomizing him when he rejoined up with them v.v

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Angel lookin' fly on that bike.

Gudvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell yeah, go Laura!

Thrilled to see team handling Brotherhood pretty well without Cyke (adult or teenage). It's time to shine for Angel.

nickxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickeymayhew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no!! how long is Immomen away for?

staypuffed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

@mickeymayhew: @nickxh: You're right. Asar is doing art as of #31. I was sure I saw Bendis post Pichelli interiors for ANXM, but I might be imagining things.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The Stepford's are awesome...

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pichelli is my favorite artist. I don't care for the X-men, but I might start reading just because of her.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Teerack

@teerack said:

You know... Angel used to be a really great character. He was in the Champions and Defenders and just out doing all sorts of cool relevant to the marvel universe stuff.... seeing this cover is just making me resent the X-Men for lobotomizing him when he rejoined up with them v.v

I wish X-23 lobotomized, then I wouldn't have to endure her horrible new BENIDS personality.

F*cking hack.

The way she behaves is the way she behaved in Avengers Arena, Avengers Academy, and the second half of her last solo book, so he really didn't change her personality.

Kerrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Kerrigan

Looks good, this has mostly been a fine book so far. Would be nice if Angel gets a chance to actually do something and not just look cool on a bike. He's been severely underused so far: it's all about Scott and Jean, but it was ever thus I suppose.

nickxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@staypuffed: I am pretty sure Sara Pichelli is just doing the covers :/

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hnggg

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
@theacidskull said:

@teerack said:

I wish X-23 lobotomized, then I wouldn't have to endure her horrible new BENIDS personality.

F*cking hack.

The way she behaves is the way she behaved in Avengers Arena, Avengers Academy, and the second half of her last solo book, so he really didn't change her personality.

Yes he did. In avengers academy, she was slightly developing a personality, and her morals were getting sharper, but she was still herself.

I hated avengers arena(avengers undercover is much better), and when i read the first issue x-23 appeared in this all new x-men series, x-23's characterization was crap.

It would have been embarrassingly bad character treatment if there wasn't a change in her after what happened in Avengers Arena. All the kids from Avengers Arena are broken if you've been reading Avengers Undercover.

muttput

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't X-23 have a problem with being used as a weapon which is effectively what jean grey does to her. I don't think she'll stay part of the group for long.

AndySynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that we have O5 Angel... can we please get original Angel back into Archangel/New-Apocalypse mode?

His was one of the best villain turns I can remember, and I really wish they'd stuck with it as a permanent thing.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
@theacidskull said:

@teerack said:
@theacidskull said:

@teerack said:

F*cking hack.

Yes he did. In avengers academy, she was slightly developing a personality, and her morals were getting sharper, but she was still herself.

I hated avengers arena(avengers undercover is much better), and when i read the first issue x-23 appeared in this all new x-men series, x-23's characterization was crap.

It would have been embarrassingly bad character treatment if there wasn't a change in her after what happened in Avengers Arena. All the kids from Avengers Arena are broken if you've been reading Avengers Undercover.

YOU would have had a good point if it were any other character, but Avengers Arena was a cakewalk to X-23 considering what she has been through before, her change is fruitless and out of nowhere, plus it makes 0 sense. You don't go from a stunned, robotic personality to a stupid teenager.

That's not true. The connections she made in Avengers Academy were a big deal for Laura. She had never met people who instantly accepted her and stood by her(in a way that the X-Men couldn't because of their past stigma was how Laura phrased it) and were never scared of her, and then in the end she not only failed at protecting them(Juston) but tired and nearly killed them. Then there is the fact that Laura is 18 and unless she had some kind of mental disability she should be going through huge character changes as she grows and experiences different phases of her life.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Teerack
@theacidskull said:

@teerack said:
@theacidskull said:

@teerack said:
@theacidskull said:

@teerack said:
@theacidskull said:

@teerack said:

F*cking hack.

YOU would have had a good point if it were any other character, but Avengers Arena was a cakewalk to X-23 considering what she has been through before, her change is fruitless and out of nowhere, plus it makes 0 sense. You don't go from a stunned, robotic personality to a stupid teenager.

That's not true. The connections she made in Avengers Academy were a big deal for Laura. She had never met people who instantly accepted her and stood by her(in a way that the X-Men couldn't because of their past stigma was how Laura phrased it) and were never scared of her, and then in the end she not only failed at protecting them(Juston) but tired and nearly killed them. Then there is the fact that Laura is 18 and unless she had some kind of mental disability she should be going through huge character changes as she grows and experiences different phases of her life.

Except Laura had someone much more important that all of her friends and she ended up killing her too. I'm talking about her mother. I'm not saying that she should be the same all the time, but logical character progression is important. A strong theme with Lauras characterization is that she sometimes doesn't understand her own feelings, and she reacts in bizarre ways, like cutting herself or maybe having wild outbursts(she once destroyed a bathroom because she saw the guy she liked kiss someone). She grew out of this for a while, but due to the strain it's would have been LOGICAL for her to go back to that. She has faced loss before, she has faced tragedy, and the way she reacted to all of this makes absolutely zero sense, because Bendis hasn't read a single story with x-23 in it, which is exactly why he gave her the typical bendis-drama bullshit dialogue. I want her to go from A to B, not from A to 11. -_-

As people move forward in life and experience more things they start reacting differently to various things. She has never go through something like murder world. Especially not after trying so hard to not be a killer. The same way that Wolverine had killed a ton of people but once he decided he was above that and started doing good when he was pushed into braking his own convictions it destroyed him. Laura is a really complex character and I don't think it's fair to say how she'll handle trama should be predictable.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
@theacidskull said:

@teerack said:
@theacidskull said:

@teerack said:
@theacidskull said:

@teerack said:
@theacidskull said:

@teerack said:

F*cking hack.

Except Laura had someone much more important that all of her friends and she ended up killing her too. I'm talking about her mother. I'm not saying that she should be the same all the time, but logical character progression is important. A strong theme with Lauras characterization is that she sometimes doesn't understand her own feelings, and she reacts in bizarre ways, like cutting herself or maybe having wild outbursts(she once destroyed a bathroom because she saw the guy she liked kiss someone). She grew out of this for a while, but due to the strain it's would have been LOGICAL for her to go back to that. She has faced loss before, she has faced tragedy, and the way she reacted to all of this makes absolutely zero sense, because Bendis hasn't read a single story with x-23 in it, which is exactly why he gave her the typical bendis-drama bullshit dialogue. I want her to go from A to B, not from A to 11. -_-

As people move forward in life and experience more things they start reacting differently to various things. She has never go through something like murder world. Especially not after trying so hard to not be a killer. The same way that Wolverine had killed a ton of people but once he decided he was above that and started doing good when he was pushed into braking his own convictions it destroyed him. Laura is a really complex character and I don't think it's fair to say how she'll handle trama should be predictable.

That's still not an excuse, you don't go from static to teenager,not matter how you flip the table around. SURE you can get to that point, but that takes time, which bendis doesn't devote to her, which is why I'm here complaining. Trama isn't predictable, and neither is free, but there are certain characteristics too it, not of which are used. X-23 doesn't understand her emotions, not as well a typical teenager would, and no trauma can shock her out of that, that just doesn't simply happen, hence why it's bad writing. Tell me, does Bendis show this in the all new x-men? (not sure if he does, I'm genuinely asking)

When Avengers academy ended, X-23 was still basically herself, only more open and with sharper morals, but she still remembers everything about her past, and she still was Laura. Hell, if you want me to approach the argument differently, I DON'T like what Bendis made x-23 into, whether the road towards that point was long and creative(it wasn't) or short and horrible. I don't know how he writes her know, but what I read was terrible. And this isn't just me hating on Bendis, I haven't liked what was done to x-23 since Avengers arena started.

If it's the same as Avengers Academy, than Huzzah, great news.

Honestly.... Laura hasn't had enough screen time to justify most of what you're saying.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Wait... did she just say prick?

Pikachunicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone's arguing about Laura's personality and I'm just thinking that Warren is looking perfect and I think I'm falling in love with him... Is it legal to marry a fictional character yet?