User Lists: 4

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

It was stated that Zeus needed to cheat with magic to beat Hulk before iirc, even the author of that fight admitted it. Zeus isn't exactly breaking ground with his h2h stats either.

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@alphamon said:

@professorrespect: where was it stated he needed to?

Greg Pak stated that he intended Zeus to use magic to beat Hulk via the lightning bolt he threw at the start. He said that could be seen as cheating from Zeus.

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Zeus didn’t intend to fight the hulk H2H when he through said light bolt only after hulk angered him further and called him a coward and just throw a lighting bolt that didn’t even hit hulk and was just to be intimidating

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphamon said:

@professorrespect: Zeus didn’t intend to fight the hulk H2H when he through said light bolt only after hulk angered him further and called him a coward and just throw a lighting bolt that didn’t even hit hulk and was just to be intimidating

He still used magic against Hulk, which by intent was supposed to be cheating by Pak.

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I’m not disagreeing with that I’m just saying he didn’t need to since he manly just wanted to teach hulk a lesson

No Caption Provided

Darksercate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I doubt that single lightning bolt was the sole reason to Zeus pummeling Hulk. I don't recall Zeus amping himself.

Also I take everything pak says with a grain of salt. He views hulk way to highly. Wanted him to one-shot sentry.

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Baldur_Odinson

@darksercate: That doesn't defeat the fact that the fight happened that way. I'd take Pak's word over that of an opinionated fan.

Darksercate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baldur_odinson: What was your point exactly? The fight still played out that way? With Zeus smacking hulk around? Is your argument that the lightning bolt was needed for that to happen?

And its fine that you take Pak's word.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I doubt that single lightning bolt was the sole reason to Zeus pummeling Hulk. I don't recall Zeus amping himself

Does he need to amp himself? Not really. Did he cheat as per Pak's own words? Yes.

Also I take everything pak says with a grain of salt. He views hulk way to highly. Wanted him to one-shot sentry

Regardless of his views on other subjects, he wrote this encounter. We have to take him seriously.

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Baldur_Odinson

@darksercate: The Professor above is doing a nice thing by explaining.

Darksercate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Whether he cheated or not is not in question. Its if he needed to cheat. Pak says he did. I'm saying I don't see how that singular lightning bolt lead to hulk being pummeled. It was not explained in the story either. Im more leaning to this is another one of Pak's outlandish statements.

I understand where you are coming from. If you view it more on writer info rather than the artwork or story that's fine. I just find that the story and art itself completely contradict Pak's after statement.

Darksercate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@darksercate said:

@professorrespect: Whether he cheated or not is not in question. Its if he needed to cheat. Pak says he did. I'm saying I don't see how that singular lightning bolt lead to hulk being pummeled

It's magic? Also recall that Pak seems to think that Zeus needs to use magic as well, not just his own stats, implying that he either can't or couldn't be bothered to do it the hard way.

I understand where you are coming from. If you view it more on writer info rather than the artwork or story

The difference is that Pak directed the artwork and story: the elements of that are based on his dictation. If you accept the latter but not the former, I don't see how that makes sense.

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still zeus

Avatar image for deactivated-618f9ab870bc3
deactivated-618f9ab870bc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

probably the one whoz on par with skyfatherzzz

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

probably the one whoz on par with skyfatherzzz

By physical stats? Where is Zeus's showings?

Darksercate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I hold to my opinion. I think the artwork and story show Zeus being able to completely dominant Hulk physically and without the need of magic. He threw a singular lightning bolt but it did not appear to have any lasting impact or significance to hulk. It was also not explained to have any significance either. I think Pak was being Pak with his feelings on Hulk. My opinion is that Pak either didn't get his way or he changed his mind after the fact (which has happened before). But his after statement and what happened do not match in any sense, form or fashion.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darksercate: If you wanna believe that it had no effect or throw out the Death of the Author arg, that's cool. I'm just focusing more on the actual writer themselves than the art or narrative they created through a medium.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By blackspidey2099

Zeus curbs, inb4 “muh off panel magic spell”.

oh wait, I see Stalin beat BA to it! Doesn’t make the argument any less bullshit tho

SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any Zeus can should solo

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 takenstew22  Moderator

Zeus should stomp. He doesn't have many feats but he's still a Skyfather.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus.

Lukude6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus wins. He is simply too much for the hulks.

TH

Avatar image for galanakagalactus1212
GalanAKAGalactus1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darksercate said:

@baldur_odinson: What was your point exactly? The fight still played out that way? With Zeus smacking hulk around? Is your argument that the lightning bolt was needed for that to happen?

And its fine that you take Pak's word.

Hulk's biggest weakness against Zeus is his inferior durability and mainly his vulnerability to magic. So if their is a Hulk like immortal Hulk with better durability and healing enough to negate the gap in durability it's a wrap for Zeus. Hulk's Super Strength feats are better than Zeus's feats especially when it comes to punching feats.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, considering we can scale Zeus directly to Odin in terms of physicals. Zeus obviously stomps them.

DocNugget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus sucks and him beating the snot out of Green Scar is an outlier (even ignoring whatever WoG or implications of him cheating). Thor and She-Hulk could physically restrain him together, two of them + Namor could pummel him enough to put them on his knees, all 3 tanked a lighting bolt from him, Monica Rambeu hurt him with a blast, brain-damaged Hercules could take several hits from bloodlusted Zeus (but almost died from holding back Green Scar's hits) on one occasion and nigh no-sold hits from him on another occasion, he struggled considerably with Typhon (who in turn was shown to be Hercules' and Ares' physical peer), a random fodder giant could injure him with a thrown spear (that and other giants were fodderzied by Hercules, Ares, Athena and some other gods right afterwards), Richard Rider held his own against him in h2h for several pages and it's consistently stated that Hercules is the physically strongest Olympian, not Zeus.

Consistent Zeus gets folded by either.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Zeus sucks and him beating the snot out of Green Scar is an outlier (even ignoring whatever WoG or implications of him cheating). Thor and She-Hulk could physically restrain him together, two of them + Namor could pummel him enough to put them on his knees, all 3 tanked a lighting bolt from him, Monica Rambeu hurt him with a blast, brain-damaged Hercules could take several hits from bloodlusted Zeus (but almost died from holding back Green Scar's hits) on one occasion and nigh no-sold hits from him on another occasion, he struggled considerably with Typhon (who in turn was shown to be Hercules' and Ares' physical peer), a random fodder giant could injure him with a thrown spear (that and other giants were fodderzied by Hercules, Ares, Athena and some other gods right afterwards), Richard Rider held his own against him in h2h for several pages and it's consistently stated that Hercules is the physically strongest Olympian, not Zeus.

Consistent Zeus gets folded by either.

Cope