YNCG (Nick Fury) vs. Cable_Extreme (Deathstroke) (VOTING)

• 71 results
Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Classic Nick Fury vs. Pre-Flashpoint Deathstroke <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Morals on and in character.
  • Start 30 feet apart.
  • 10 minutes to gather equipment.
  • Standard elimination rules.
  • No knowledge on opponent.

Setting

Western Ghost Town (no inhabitants).

No Caption Provided

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Keen.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Wolverine008

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Loading Video...

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd think Deathstroke would stomp but i'd be glad to see a response to suggest otherwise especially in a "random encounter".

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You forgot to tag me in this, You opening?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jashro44

I don't know much about nick fury but YNCG seems to be fighting an up hill battle. Should be intresting to see how he argues nick fury.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

I don't know much about nick fury but YNCG seems to be fighting an up hill battle. Should be intresting to see how he argues nick fury.

Exactly why I'm keen.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dondave

@jashro44 said:

Agreed

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@jashro44 said:

Agreed

I was surprised with the challenge myself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I'll start off with my opener @cable_extreme. Now, I chose Nick Fury for a number of reasons. For one I like a challenge, and I am aware of the disadvantages Fury is in. He's physically inferior to Slade in practically every way. But, he's also extremely underrated, and I want people to recognize him for the badass he is. He's also got more gadgets than Batman thanks to S.H.I.E.L.D.

Overview

With 10 minutes prep, I think Nick Fury would have plenty of his mini-gadgets to help him in his battle against Deathstroke. Here's just a few examples.

Equipment

Now there are different uniforms that Nick Fury wears. He can either be wearing his trademark suit, or the standard S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. I wouldn't be surprised if Fury wore both. However, I'll give scans on what each are capable of.

Suit

• The suit is bulletproof and flameproof, has buttons that provide oxygen, an pen that amplifies sound, cuff links that absorb electric shocks and the like, ionic de-generator cuff links, cigars that contain different chemical substances, a repulsor watch, and a self-destruct ring.
No Caption Provided

Here's another variation of the suit.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In action it's a lot more durable than people would think. Watch as countless bullets bounce off without a scratch on Fury.

No Caption Provided

I'm about to get even more in-depth, with every single tool and gadget that Nick has in his standard suit.

• One of the cigars can lower the freezing point of something significantly.
No Caption Provided
  • The other cigar can put out extreme temperatures, such as a fire at a whopping 3,500 degrees celsius. That's two to three times more powerful than a flamethrower!
No Caption Provided
  • De-generator cuff links capable of absorbing even Dreadnought's high voltage blast.
No Caption Provided
  • Magnetic repulsor watch capable of sending back projectiles, metal objects, spikes, etc.
No Caption Provided
  • Deathstroke isn't hitting my hero! The Image Disorter will prevent Slade from getting a clear vision on this S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, even if he is taken by surprise. Just like Fury states below, no assassin is getting to him!
No Caption Provided
  • The very powerful and useful self-destruct ring, which if the time comes, Fury will use to injure Deathstroke and disorientate him long enough to take the win. Or, it could take him out altogether. It did take out Dreadnought, who is insanely durable.
  • Extremely powerful rocket pellet pistols that supposedly can "blow out the side of a battleship".
No Caption Provided
  • Even his regular belt serves as a weapon under the awesome might of Nick Fury. This can be useful in disabling or relieving Deathstroke of any potential game-changing weapons.
No Caption Provided

Speaking of Fury taking away Baron's weapon...that's the Satan Claw! It's pretty powerful and comparable to Deathstroke's own Blast Staff. It enhances the user's strength and can unleash electrical shocks that can even take down even the likes of Rhino (Punisher did it). Fury does use it consistently after he snatched it from Baron, so the same could be said if Nick gets his hands on any of Slade's weaponry. Anyways, I'll give an example of Fury using the weapon yet again on another entirely different foe.

• Nick Fury using the Satan Claw on a Yellow Claw android.
No Caption Provided

There's also some other unrelated weaponry that Fury used at the time he had his suit. Here are a couple....

• The Fireball Shooter, capable of releasing very potent flame blasts.
No Caption Provided
  • The Hallucination Cube. This is a major weapon in disorientating Slade for a very long period of time. It's not something physical, and Nick seems to be immune to it since he is in the radius of effect. Deathstroke should succumb to this and Fury should be able to sweep a victory.
Scan 1 is the description. Scan 2 is the device in action.
  • Later on, S.H.I.E.L.D. develops even more gadgets that Fury uses throughout his classic Steranko run. It includes X-Ray Vision to look through walls (good to detect Slade easily), incendiary discs which can throw Slade off his game, and invisibility, which goes without an explanation on how useful it is.
No Caption Provided

If you want even more extensive proof that Nick Fury actually using these, just tell me in your opener and I'll gladly upload them. I'm a bit lazy now though :P

Uniform

The Uniform has its own set of advantages. It has its resistance to high temperatures built-in, instead of the suit only being only resistant against bullets and flames. It can also carry around more gadgets (presumably).

• The Uniform is insulated against electric shocks.
No Caption Provided
  • The Uniform is insulated against extreme temperatures.
No Caption Provided
  • Delayed Time-Action Bombs, which pack a real punch when activated.
Scan 1 shows it in action. Scan 2 shows the actual device.
  • In his boot, Fury has a fold-able bayonet, which is sharp enough to stab a giant Octopus. It should be able to give some damage to Slade given Fury aims for the weak points.
No Caption Provided
  • Grappling hooks can provide an easy way to travel across buildings for my combatant to get a clearer view.
No Caption Provided
  • Grappling hooks coupled with the Uniform's own X-Ray gizmo, and Nick has a superior vision of the battlefield.
No Caption Provided
  • If the grappling hooks fail, the suction cups won't! It can hold on even to a speeding AIM vehicle.
No Caption Provided
  • Acid Pellets. These can either provide a quick getaway for Fury or provide some pain for the Terminator.
No Caption Provided
  • Sleeping Pellets could also take out Slade, or at the very least disorientate him. It worked on the Alien Invaders and their sophisticate armor, so I don't see why it wouldn't work in this encounter.
No Caption Provided
  • Also carrying is Fury's mini-screw-jack. A rather unique tool, but useful nonetheless!
No Caption Provided
  • The Sonic Shatter Cone is extremely powerful, small, and if tossed, will put the hurt on Deathstroke.
No Caption Provided
  • The Magnetic Pelfrag Shooter makes metal on an opponent feel likes tons when shot at them. Seeing as Slade has Nth Metal all around him, this will hinder his speed and agility greatly.
No Caption Provided

Now, that's all I have time for now. I'll give you a small taste on what combined, the gadgets can do.

Fights

• Fights Captain America to a standstill until he blacks out due side effects of an invisibility pill he took the last issue.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow YNCG. Wow, indeed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deathstroke19

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: ...um...ummm.... Wow have i been underestimating fury and if i think that now that means you just made an awesome argument. Good luck to both of you. Oh and YNCG I'm scared of you now lol.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I wasn't expecting that.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek:

I commend you, very nice opening and is much better than what I expected. I do have one question with all of the equipment you listed, how exactly will he carry all of it?

As for my opener (Here it is).

For this fight I will outline the weapons and gear that Deathstroke will have on his arsenal.

His sword is made of promethium, which is a very high form of metal in the DC universe. here is an example of his cutting power which I think will be enough to get past Fury's armor. (Another factor would be Fury not wearing head gear).

No Caption Provided

This next scan is Deathstroke versing The Outsiders, it is to show Deathstroke has no qualms with killing (cutting two guys in half), and such a strike to a slower opponent (peak human, and weighed down by the excessive gear) would end the fight instantly and also since Fury's head is left uncovered.

No Caption Provided

Due to his reflexes he can even unsheath his sword and block two bullets, which shows that the weight of the sword doesn't slow down his super human reaction.

No Caption Provided

So to sum up his sword ability, he has no problem going for a killing blow at the start of the match, he is able to cut through a whole car, and even move the sword fast enough to block bullets. This shows that melee wise, Deathstroke will have the advantage.

Now lets move onto his promethium power staff

His staff can shoot both lethal and nonlethal blast (I would also note that the staff is sometimes related to a bazooka staff). Here is an example of the sheer explosive force that his staff is able to achieve.

Note that since this is explosive damage, Fury's shock resisting cuffs are near useless.

Also to address Fury's projectiles that you listed, Deathstroke can also use his staff to evade and/or block incoming projectiles.

No Caption Provided

So to recap on his Staff. The staff is made of promethium (usually) which can be used to attack Fury with a helicopter exploding force, or be used to evade or block incoming projectiles.

His guns, Sniper rifle, and machine guns.

Deathstroke is a top marksmen, he often makes impossible shots, but for this battle, his opponent lacks a lot of bullet dodging feats, so if he manages to get shot in the head, it is over for fury. Here is an example of his accuracy.

Here he shoots starfire while she is jetting across the sky.

No Caption Provided

Another example would be his super human senses, so if he was deceived visually, he doesn't need to see his targets to shoot them.

No Caption Provided

Now lets go over his suit and healing factor.

His healing factor is often underestimated, but it is actually quite effective here are some examples.

No Caption Provided

Here is an example of how his brain can even effectively heal within seconds. Cheshire tried frying his brain, she later realized it was ineffective, so I do not know how effective Fury's mind deceiving/injuring devices will be.

Slade mixed with his armor can take devastating damage, a good example of this would be Grant (his son) unloading a huge amount of bullets into Deathstroke's torso, yet Deathstroke continued fighting as if he was unaffected.

Deathstroke can even tank high end blast, here is a full power blast from Starfire that failed in KOing Deathstroke.

No Caption Provided

So to recap, Deathstroke's healing factor mixed with his armor will make his probability of losing much slimmer compared to Fury.

The next thing I would like to address would be Deathstroke's skill, he has often fought much better opponents that were stronger and faster, yet he prevailed. Here is Deathstroke fighting Batman while both having no gear, and Deathstroke holding back (Since he didn't finish him off).

Yet he does more!

He has consistently taken on teams of people (note some contains prep, but H2H fighting cannot be accounted for prep due to most people having knowledge of 100+ fighting styles).

Here he toys around with The Ravager (Rose), Nightwing (Dick), Batgirl (Cassandra Cain), and the Teen Titans at the same time.

And here is his fight with The Outsiders that I showed a scan from earlier (incase you wanted to see more)

So to recap, I feel that Slade has an advantage in skill (based on the scans you provided so far).

To sort of recap on one of the first points I made was speed. Here are some more examples of his speed and why it is such an advantage over fury.

• Magnetic repulsor watch capable of sending back projectiles, metal objects, spikes, etc.
No Caption Provided

I noticed from this scan that he said luckily he saw him raise an arm and guessed what he was up to. Well there is one problem with that, and I'll show you why. Slade perfectly explains it to the Changeling (aka beast boy)

No Caption Provided

He says that he moves as quickly as he thinks, and that before your brain can tell you to lift a finger, I can put it down.

He (can block bullets with is sword as well as) dodge starfire's blast and laser guns as well.

So to recap, his brain sends electrical impulses much faster than a regular un-altered human brain, which will allow him to think, react, and plan his next move much faster than Fury.

For my last point, I will point out Slade's ability to improvise, such as cheap shotting Green Lantern, and temporarily blinding Aquaman.

Strategy

Slade will use his great speed advantage to dodged,block, or blast anything that Fury can throw at him. Fury being slowed down by the amount of equipment he is carrying) won't be able to move around quite as fast. Deathstroke can use his staff and aim for Fury's head, or go for a quick decapitation. Since Slade is not new to people having gadgets, and surpasses Fury in every way except equipment, Deathstroke takes the majority.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: nice post once again. As you know I'm biased towards DS so you already had my vote which makes it more immpressive if yncg is able to persuade me in the end. Good luck to ye both. Let the best debater win.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: nice post once again. As you know I'm biased towards DS so you already had my vote which makes it more immpressive if yncg is able to persuade me in the end. Good luck to ye both. Let the best debater win.

Yes, choose the debater on their arguments. I recommend looking at it arguement wise and let the better argument decide. Nice to have you watching though :D

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is a seriously good debate right now and its unique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I commend you, very nice opening and is much better than what I expected. I do have one question with all of the equipment you listed, how exactly will he carry all of it?

The gadgets are all relatively small. Like in the Captain America fight, he had all his gadgets in his suit and used most of them. He used even more in his fight against Dreadnought.

As you can see above, he uses tons of gadgets to get the better of his opponent, who is a super android that is immensely strong, durable, and has various powers like fire/ice blasts. I'd argue Dreadnought is a more powerful foe than Deathstroke.

His sword is made of promethium, which is a very high form of metal in the DC universe. here is an example of his cutting power which I think will be enough to get past Fury's armor. (Another factor would be Fury not wearing head gear).

No Caption Provided

While that is impressive, if Deathstroke even comes close to Fury with that weapon, he'd use his watch to send the sword flying out of Slade's hands. In fact, if his armor is made of plated metal/chainmail, it would knock back Deathstroke himself since he will be in the radius of the area of effect (swords are used for close combat). Since magnets attract metals, Slade's armor and his Promethium Sword shouldn't be an excuse. In fact, the metal that Dreadnought sent at Fury was completely alien and foreign, and yet it was still repulsed. I don't see Slade or his weapons being an excuse to that.

No Caption Provided

As stated above, the moment Dreadnought even raised his arm Fury knew what was going to happen. Any movement from Deathstroke and Nick will predict it and counteract it. That, and the fact that he wasn't in his A-Game when the android burst into the ship, since it was a completely random attack. This simple watch renders your bullets, swords, and the character itself disabled, and at a disadvantage.

This next scan is Deathstroke versing The Outsiders, it is to show Deathstroke has no qualms with killing (cutting two guys in half), and such a strike to a slower opponent (peak human, and weighed down by the excessive gear) would end the fight instantly and also since Fury's head is left uncovered.

No Caption Provided

Eh. I've seen Fury dodge attacks by superhuman foes before with no problem (*cough* Captain America *cough*). The gear, logically, would weigh him down, but with comic book logic nobody states it, and nothing confirms it, so Nick Fury is always fine despite the many gadgets he carries. This might have to do with S.H.I.E.L.D. using lightweight material, but no matter the reason it is a non-factor in this fight. Nothing is slowing my character down.

You, on the other hand, have a character that will be severely slowed down. I'm actually counting on how much gear Slade has, which will be a lot. Plated armor? Promethium sword? Multiple firearms? All of these will actually weigh down the mercenary.

No Caption Provided

This will even effectively make Slade slower than Fury, if not at least even the playing field. This is not to mention that Fury isn't inexperienced with using, dodging, and parrying bladed weapons.

• Fighting Sir Gavin Ravenlock

Due to his reflexes he can even unsheath his sword and block two bullets, which shows that the weight of the sword doesn't slow down his super human reaction.

No Caption Provided

That's impressive, but notice that in the scan above he already gets hit by multiple bullets, which bounce off of his armor. This would give Fury tons of advantages. He could hit Slade with the Magnet Pelfrag Shooter, use the Magnetic Repulsor Watch to disable Slade's weaponry, use the Satan Claw, and more.

Nick Fury is going to be fine with his speed and reflexes (even more so since Deathstroke is going to be nerfed in this fight with the Magnet Pelfrag Shooter). In fact, a disorientated Nick Fury who was drugged to be exponentially slower and unable to talk was able to go through a very dangerous S.H.I.E.L.D. obstacle course. If that's not impressive enough, he fought Scorpio, who has enhanced statistics, shortly after.

Note: Nick Fury is the guy in the blue suit labeled 13. Scorpio, a villain, is disguised as Nick Fury, masquerading as him.

So to sum up his sword ability, he has no problem going for a killing blow at the start of the match, he is able to cut through a whole car, and even move the sword fast enough to block bullets. This shows that melee wise, Deathstroke will have the advantage.

I've already shown Fury's swordsmanship in his fight above, so he should be able to hold his own. Plus he would be able to slip a gadget in while he is fighting to even the playing field. Sure, Deathstroke is the obvious superior in terms of sword play, but that's not a major factor in my opinion, as Nick will be keeping his distance, utilizing his gadgets, and taking Slade down. As for melee combat, I'd argue Nick Fury is in the same ballpark...at least. I mean the guy fought Captain America and stalemated him. He's also bested Scorpio, who, I will state again, is an enhanced human with military training and is in possession of the Zodiac Key.

- From the Comic Vine wiki

It can fire energy bolts, transport people and objects from place to place or dimension to dimension.

• Fighting Scorpio and defeating him until the battle is interrupted by a stray bullet.

Now lets move onto his promethium power staff

His staff can shoot both lethal and nonlethal blast (I would also note that the staff is sometimes related to a bazooka staff). Here is an example of the sheer explosive force that his staff is able to achieve.

Note that since this is explosive damage, Fury's shock resisting cuffs are near useless.

It seems like he uses lethal blasts only on heavy artillery, or vehicles like the helicopter. Nick Fury could probably endure the blast of the staff, since he has tanked the Satan Claw before.

Full-on hits he endured, and when he did succumb to unconsciousness, it was for barely thirty or so seconds.

Also, you're forgetting a couple things. Fury has multiple counters to the Blast Staff.

1. The Rocket Pellet Pistol.

It is easily on-par with the Blast Staff, and should severely injure Slade when it makes contact.

No Caption Provided

In action.

• Rocket Pellet Pistol wasting away giant robots.

2. The Belt

Remember what I said earlier in my opener? Fury is going to relieve Deathstroke of any potential game-changers. Believe me. Fury knows a powerful weapon when he sees one.

No Caption Provided

3. Invisibility

Whether he's using his special invisibility suit or the sixty-second capsule, this will make tagging this agent exponentially more difficult.

No Caption Provided

4. The Satan Claw

Fury's very own counter to any potent weapon Slade uses. This thing rips through powerful armor and androids alike as if they were butter.

No Caption Provided

Also to address Fury's projectiles that you listed, Deathstroke can also use his staff to evade and/or block incoming projectiles.

No Caption Provided

So to recap on his Staff. The staff is made of promethium (usually) which can be used to attack Fury with a helicopter exploding force, or be used to evade or block incoming projectiles.

His guns, Sniper rifle, and machine guns.

Wow. The staff is pretty cool! However, twirling around with the staff takes a lot more time and effort than activating a watch and letting it dispel projectiles around you with absolute ease. He could just fight with the watch on and be completely safe from gunfire and the like. Plus, rocks are a lot slower than bullets and the weaponry that my character is packing. While Slade is using his staff to block bullets, Fury would already be lining up another shot. Plus Slade doesn't have his staff out at all times, only moments.

Not to mention that trick won't work on numerous gadgets. Just to name a few.

Acid Pellets.

No Caption Provided

Sleeping Pellets.

No Caption Provided

Hallucination Cube.

Sonic Shatter Cone.

No Caption Provided

The staff is also going to be knocked back, out of Slade's reach since the watch is going to repel it.

Deathstroke is a top marksmen, he often makes impossible shots, but for this battle, his opponent lacks a lot of bullet dodging feats, so if he manages to get shot in the head, it is over for fury. Here is an example of his accuracy.

Here he shoots starfire while she is jetting across the sky.

No Caption Provided

Another example would be his super human senses, so if he was deceived visually, he doesn't need to see his targets to shoot them.

No Caption Provided

Nice accuracy. I think you're underestimating Nick Fury here though. He's definitely dodge bullets with ease. I already showed you the scans on him drugged and disorientated, yet still going through an obstacle course, so I'll just post a different instance.

• Dodging point-blank rifle fire from an undercover Hydra assassin. Despite not even suspecting the attack, Fury still effortlessly evades it.
No Caption Provided

Fury is no slack when it comes to accuracy. This also comes to play when blasting projectiles out of his way.

• Mowing down AIM goons while leaping in an unnatural position and dodging their gunfire.
No Caption Provided

Another thing is, Nick Fury and multiple S.H.I.E.L.D. agents were under fire from a small army of Hydra Agents, and yet with the Image Disorter, all of the bullets missed.

No Caption Provided

Deathstroke is a very good marksman, but I don't see it being a major advantage here, if one at all.

Now lets go over his suit and healing factor.

His healing factor is often underestimated, but it is actually quite effective here are some examples.

No Caption Provided

Here is an example of how his brain can even effectively heal within seconds. Cheshire tried frying his brain, she later realized it was ineffective, so I do not know how effective Fury's mind deceiving/injuring devices will be.

Slade mixed with his armor can take devastating damage, a good example of this would be Grant (his son) unloading a huge amount of bullets into Deathstroke's torso, yet Deathstroke continued fighting as if he was unaffected.

Deathstroke can even tank high end blast, here is a full power blast from Starfire that failed in KOing Deathstroke.

No Caption Provided

So to recap, Deathstroke's healing factor mixed with his armor will make his probability of losing much slimmer compared to Fury.

I think most of those feats were from how enhanced Slade is, and his armor, not his healing factor. IMO, his healing factor isn't up to par with the likes of Wolverine, Deadpool, or Hulk. It takes time to heal, and it's more like Ultimate Captain America's healing factor.

Now, Chesire frying his brain is completely different from the Hallucination Cube. It doesn't destroy the brain. It makes him hallucinate, become heavily disorientated, and in general just bring pain to all his senses. This effectively rules out how Slade's processing power is nine to ten times more quick than a normal human. You can't think faster than Fury if you can't think at all. Also, there are seven men in the scan that are affected by the Hallucination Cube. To deny that it would render Slade's mind useless to a certain degree is foolish.

Bullet-tanking is nothing to Slade. I realize that. He's strong enough to endure it. However, S.H.I.E.L.D. weaponry is far more advanced. From laser weaponry, to fireballs and more, these weapons pack more of a punch than mere military weapons.

The Starfire blast is the most impressive scan though. That's pretty good durability. Still, coupled with being disorientated, slower, and worn down with combat throughout the fight, I fail to see how Slade would tank a couple more shots from the Satan Claw, the Rocket Pellet Pistol, or his own Blast Staff.

The next thing I would like to address would be Deathstroke's skill, he has often fought much better opponents that were stronger and faster, yet he prevailed. Here is Deathstroke fighting Batman while both having no gear, and Deathstroke holding back (Since he didn't finish him off).

Yet he does more!

He has consistently taken on teams of people (note some contains prep, but H2H fighting cannot be accounted for prep due to most people having knowledge of 100+ fighting styles).

Here he toys around with The Ravager (Rose), Nightwing (Dick), Batgirl (Cassandra Cain), and the Teen Titans at the same time.

And here is his fight with The Outsiders that I showed a scan from earlier (incase you wanted to see more)

So to recap, I feel that Slade has an advantage in skill (based on the scans you provided so far).

Nice. However, fighting teams is different in my opinion. Nick Fury with all of his equipment, his war tactics, and experience, would probably enable him to fight against teams too if given the chance. I mean, I think the entire Outsiders would fall to a single Hallucination Cube. They have no defense against that. Fury isn't the only one that has fought against numerous foes.

• Defeats alien invaders with ease where Captain America himself failed.
  • Kills two Hydra assassins that ambushed him while he was sleeping.
  • Beats up multiple Hydra Agents in panels.
  • Manages to defeat Baron von Strucker, despite being worn down, with no gear, and his opponent having the Satan Claw.
  • Taking out three aliens at once, each with a single hit.
No Caption Provided

This is all improvised combat from Nick Fury. No prep. Just skill and gadgets (some of the scans with no gadgets). In terms of experience, Fury has the advantage. He's been fighting since he was in The Great War with the Howling Commandos. If Slade has an advantage in skill here, it isn't by much, and it won't change much, since he's fought Captain America before in hand-to-hand combat and stalemated him. Twice.

• In another instance, fights Captain America to a standstill. Clearly, he has no problem fighting enhanced superhumans, and can hold his own for an extended period of time with minimal gadgets.

To sort of recap on one of the first points I made was speed. Here are some more examples of his speed and why it is such an advantage over fury.

No Caption Provided

I noticed from this scan that he said luckily he saw him raise an arm and guessed what he was up to. Well there is one problem with that, and I'll show you why. Slade perfectly explains it to the Changeling (aka beast boy)

No Caption Provided

He says that he moves as quickly as he thinks, and that before your brain can tell you to lift a finger, I can put it down.

He (can block bullets with is sword as well as) dodge starfire's blast and laser guns as well.

So to recap, his brain sends electrical impulses much faster than a regular un-altered human brain, which will allow him to think, react, and plan his next move much faster than Fury.

For my last point, I will point out Slade's ability to improvise, such as cheap shotting Green Lantern, and temporarily blinding Aquaman.

Strategy

Slade will use his great speed advantage to dodged,block, or blast anything that Fury can throw at him. Fury being slowed down by the amount of equipment he is carrying) won't be able to move around quite as fast. Deathstroke can use his staff and aim for Fury's head, or go for a quick decapitation. Since Slade is not new to people having gadgets, and surpasses Fury in every way except equipment, Deathstroke takes the majority.

Well you've seen Fury fight Captain America twice and be able to predict his incredibly fast movements and dodge/counter them, so Slade shouldn't be different, especially when he is slowed down and disorientated. I've also already proven how dodging bullets with his swords and staff isn't as efficient with the gadgets Fury has, and his brain is going to be hindered by the Hallucination Cube.

Strategy however, is a different thing. Fury has his own plans.

The Plan

First, Fury uses his X-Ray gizmo to see exactly where Slade is, and move away from him.

No Caption Provided

Nick then gets the advantage of a better battlefield view via easy access to building roofs from his suction cups and grappling hook.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

From there, he deploys his Image Disorter, effectively removing the option of any sniping tactics.

No Caption Provided

From there he has a clear view of Deathstroke, will wear him down, and when Slade tries to get closer to Fury, he'll know what he's dealing with. He'll counter and nerf Deathstroke with his numerous gadgets.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Then, the agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. will swoop down and take the severely disorientated and nerfed Slade down.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I await your counter, sir!

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cable_Extreme

The gadgets are all relatively small. Like in the Captain America fight, he had all his gadgets in his suit and used most of them. He used even more in his fight against Dreadnought.

I would argue that the amount of equipment that you have brought forth (basically any showing with equipment he has done) he most likely will not get in a mere 10 minutes. Nor will he reasonably be able to carry it, you have brought up I would argue around 40-50 weapons that he is supposively able to carry and gather within 10 minutes.

As you can see above, he uses tons of gadgets to get the better of his opponent, who is a super android that is immensely strong, durable, and has various powers like fire/ice blasts. I'd argue Dreadnought is a more powerful foe than Deathstroke.

Dreadnought is more powerful than Deathstroke, however, Deathstroke has had his share of opponents more powerful than than fury. Such as the Teen Titans,Batman, Cassandra cain, Deadshot.

No Caption Provided

This is an example of him fighting which is something similar to how I think this fight will go. Notice that Deadshot is one of the most accurate people in all of DC comics, perhaps the most accurate. Deathstroke, when he decided to focus on Deadshot evaded him, and came at him with a relentless force. He didn't allow Deadshot to even aim, he kept at him. This shows that your argument that Fury can simply lift up an arm and use his gizmo's without fear of retaliation is falsified with this scan.

I will also bring up another point, Fury's magnetic repulsing device has only been shown (by you) to curve small projectiles around him. I doubt it would affect Deathstroke's armor as you have claimed, or it would also affect all of Fury's gadgets. I would also argue that Deathstroke's strength and speed with the sword (I will provide the scans again, can easily run past his magnetic repulsor, it might move it off a little, but it will not stop a bullet deflecting, car separating strike to the neck.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

As stated above, the moment Dreadnought even raised his arm Fury knew what was going to happen. Any movement from Deathstroke and Nick will predict it and counteract it. That, and the fact that he wasn't in his A-Game when the android burst into the ship, since it was a completely random attack. This simple watch renders your bullets, swords, and the character itself disabled, and at a disadvantage.

There is a problem with Deathstroke "Raising an arm and Fury reacting like that, and here is why, it is answered best when he talks to beast boy (who was in Cheetah form I must add).

No Caption Provided

He told him that before he can even lift a finger, Deathstroke is already putting your finger down. So before Fury has a chance to activate his gizmo's or decide (out of many) which one he wants to use, Deathstroke will use his great speed superiority to put Fury down.

I think most of those feats were from how enhanced Slade is, and his armor, not his healing factor. IMO, his healing factor isn't up to par with the likes of Wolverine, Deadpool, or Hulk. It takes time to heal, and it's more like Ultimate Captain America's healing factor.

In this next scan, Deathstroke heals before your very eye's.

No Caption Provided

This is all improvised combat from Nick Fury. No prep. Just skill and gadgets (some of the scans with no gadgets). In terms of experience, Fury has the advantage. He's been fighting since he was in The Great War with the Howling Commandos. If Slade has an advantage in skill here, it isn't by much, and it won't change much, since he's fought Captain America before in hand-to-hand combat and stalemated him. Twice.

Deathstroke has beaten arguably just as skilled if not more skilled without the aid of any gadgets or weapons whatsoever, and made it a fairly one-sided match.

Well you've seen Fury fight Captain America twice and be able to predict his incredibly fast movements and dodge/counter them, so Slade shouldn't be different, especially when he is slowed down and disorientated. I've also already proven how dodging bullets with his swords and staff isn't as efficient with the gadgets Fury has, and his brain is going to be hindered by the Hallucination Cube.

If Fury starts 30 feet apart, how exactly is he going to escape from a much faster opponent? Here is an example of his speed / acrobatic ability.

No Caption Provided

Deathstroke can dodge, or blast anything that Fury can throw at him. He has much faster feats of speed, as well as the ability to deflect bullets with his sword. He can also move at a speed where Deadshot (Dc's best shot imo) couldn't even pick up his arm to aim when Deathstroke went to focus him. Fury may have a lot of gadgets, but what good are they if he is not fast enough to use them effectively against Deathstroke?

Also know that the image disrupter is near useless, Deathstroke does not need to see his target to shoot it.

No Caption Provided

:D Your turn

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would argue that the amount of equipment that you have brought forth (basically any showing with equipment he has done) he most likely will not get in a mere 10 minutes. Nor will he reasonably be able to carry it, you have brought up I would argue around 40-50 weapons that he is supposively able to carry and gather within 10 minutes.

Well assuming the prep is near their headquarters (S.H.I.E.L.D.), he could easily pack numerous weapons. Same goes for Deathstroke (whatever his headquarters is). Just look at how many gadgets Fury had in his suit in an unprepared fight. I'll post his fight against Dreadnought again.

Gadgets

• Bullet/Flame-proof Suit
  • Magnetic Repulsor Watch
  • Oxygen Tablets
  • Chemical Cigars
  • Electronic Absorber Cuff Links
  • Auto-Destruct Ring

Also, when Nick Fury goes into a mission solo, he packs tons of gadgets with him (unless it is a stealth mission).

Dreadnought is more powerful than Deathstroke, however, Deathstroke has had his share of opponents more powerful than than fury. Such as the Teen Titans,Batman, Cassandra cain, Deadshot.

No Caption Provided

This is an example of him fighting which is something similar to how I think this fight will go. Notice that Deadshot is one of the most accurate people in all of DC comics, perhaps the most accurate. Deathstroke, when he decided to focus on Deadshot evaded him, and came at him with a relentless force. He didn't allow Deadshot to even aim, he kept at him. This shows that your argument that Fury can simply lift up an arm and use his gizmo's without fear of retaliation is falsified with this scan.

To be honest Deadshot, Batman, and Cassandra Cain would get creamed by Dreadnought. Deadshot's weapons would be nothing to Dreadnought, Cassandra Cain's hand-to-hand combat prowess isn't enough to take down the android behemoth, and Batman's gadgets aren't lethal enough (there is a possibility that Bruce could take it down though). Teen Titans would, arguably, be taken down by Nick Fury with prep-time.

As for the Deadshot scan, there are multiple factors that make it so that is isn't a true representation of how the fight would go.

1. First of all, Deathstroke was fighting with another opponent, therefore making the shot a lot more difficult for Deadshot. Honestly, he could have just shot both of them while they were brawling if he wanted to. Plus, he did get hit by Deadshot...at least I think so. Either way it was a pretty close shot, and nearly all of Fury's shots have splash damage.

No Caption Provided

2. Another factor is that Deadshot isn't as skilled as a hand-to-hand combatant as Nick Fury is, who has stalemated Captain America. Deadshot can only hang around with Batman for a short period of time. If Slade gets that close Fury would either have his skill to counter the charge, or multiple gadgets.

• For close encounters, the sonic disintegrator ring will do the job.
No Caption Provided
  • For skill, a Fury who was injected with a hallucination serum that disorientates him and kills him in 6 hours, dodges a point-blank shot.
No Caption Provided

3. The last reason is that the fight starts off 30 feet away from each other, so Fury has plenty of space. After he gets on top of the buildings, he'll have the range, battlefield view, and vantage point advantage to soften up Slade as he advances towards the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent's location. Meanwhile, the Image Disorter protects Fury from any incoming projectiles. Once Deathstroke inevitably reaches Fury, he'll be severely nerfed for my boy Nick to take him down. I'll post more feats for Fury's own impressive accuracy.

• Takes down a helicopter with a sewage lid.
  • Carefully aims for the Supremus Robot's hand, then head from a fairly long distance, with impressive speed.
No Caption Provided

I will also bring up another point, Fury's magnetic repulsing device has only been shown (by you) to curve small projectiles around him. I doubt it would affect Deathstroke's armor as you have claimed, or it would also affect all of Fury's gadgets. I would also argue that Deathstroke's strength and speed with the sword (I will provide the scans again, can easily run past his magnetic repulsor, it might move it off a little, but it will not stop a bullet deflecting, car separating strike to the neck.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The way I depict it is that the watch creates negative magnetic energy around his body to deflect incoming projectiles, including swords, spikes, and bullets.

No Caption Provided

While there isn't anything to say it wouldn't launch Deathstroke off his feet briefly, there is also nothing to state that it wouldn't (still, if Slade's sword gets launched as he is attacking Fury, it would cause confusion for him). Therefore, we are at a stalemate.

Oh wait a minute. We're not. Feast your eyes on the Repulsor Ray!

• The Repulsor Ray launching two men away from him.
No Caption Provided

Or, Fury could use a different close-range gadget; this one built into his uniform.

• The Finger-Torch, which emits a powerful blast from his fingertips.
No Caption Provided
  • The Miniature Super-Strobe, which blinds an opponent for an extended period of time.
No Caption Provided
  • Nerve Gas Shooter.
No Caption Provided

So yeah, Fury has multiple ways of stopping Deathstroke from causing too much damage in CQC.

There is a problem with Deathstroke "Raising an arm and Fury reacting like that, and here is why, it is answered best when he talks to beast boy (who was in Cheetah form I must add).

No Caption Provided

He told him that before he can even lift a finger, Deathstroke is already putting your finger down. So before Fury has a chance to activate his gizmo's or decide (out of many) which one he wants to use, Deathstroke will use his great speed superiority to put Fury down.

That's the tricky thing. Beast Boy isn't nearly as fast as Nick Fury (at least in that form). Fury has tons more experience, and has dodged hits from Captain America, who is more enhanced than Deathstroke.

• Deflecting Captain America's thrown shield (incredibly fast if you ask me).
No Caption Provided
  • Nick Fury activating the watch at a distance, before Cap even starts throwing the shield.

- Quote: "But, a split-second before The Mighty Avenger hurls his shield, Fury uses his Magnetic Repulsor Watch..."

No Caption Provided
  • Evades and counters Captain America's shield and advances.
No Caption Provided
  • Another instance of Nick Fury dodging Cap's shield.
No Caption Provided

Above, Captain America states how he gets sloppy via fatigue from fighting Fury. I see the same thing happening to Deathstroke, who will be worn down by both Fury's skill and gadgets. From there the agent can take down Slade after a good fight.

In this next scan, Deathstroke heals before your very eye's.

No Caption Provided

Is there anything to support he heals that fast while conscious? Because I've heard his armor also enhances his healing factor. That, and the scan above doesn't show him recovering from too much. It's just a (very careful) laser incision in his chest. Most of Fury's tech would knock or kill Slade instantly.

Deathstroke has beaten arguably just as skilled if not more skilled without the aid of any gadgets or weapons whatsoever, and made it a fairly one-sided match.

Again, there are many factors to that particular fight. First of all, Batman isn't using any of his gadgets. Nick Fury consistently uses gadgets in fights. More so than even The Dark Knight himself. Plus Deathstroke stated himself that, skill-wise, Batman was superior, and he only won due to his enhancements.

No Caption Provided

So yeah, purely skill-wise, Slade is inferior to Batman, while Fury has consistently stalemated The Sentinel of Liberty himself, who is even more enhanced.

So let's piece that information together.

Skill - Batman > Deathstroke

Skill - Captain America = Nick Fury

Skill - Captain America = Batman (roughly)

Enhancements - Captain America > Deathstroke

With that, I say that Fury, who has skill even to Cap's, uses gadgets more often than Cap's, and stalemated a man with more heavy enhancement's than Slade's own, should be able to at least match Deathstroke.

If Fury starts 30 feet apart, how exactly is he going to escape from a much faster opponent? Here is an example of his speed / acrobatic ability.

No Caption Provided

That's like one building brother. And he isn't escaping him, merely getting atop a building, using the Image Disorter, and wearing down Slade as he advances towards him (which will happen because of his mercenary attitude). Then, he swoops down and confronts a severely nerfed Slade. There, his skill and gadgets will prevail over Slade's enhancements. Kind of like this.

No Caption Provided

Keep in mind that was a Life Model Decoy, who/which is vastly inferior to the actual Nick Fury. The LMD climbed the building in two panels. That's pretty quick if you ask me.

Deathstroke can dodge, or blast anything that Fury can throw at him. He has much faster feats of speed, as well as the ability to deflect bullets with his sword. He can also move at a speed where Deadshot (Dc's best shot imo) couldn't even pick up his arm to aim when Deathstroke went to focus him. Fury may have a lot of gadgets, but what good are they if he is not fast enough to use them effectively against Deathstroke?

I'd argue that Fury is on-par with an enhanced Deathstroke in terms of speed. You've seen him drugged two times times to be slower, and yet go through a dangerous obstacle evading projectiles and traps, and dodge point-blank gunfire. That, and Deadshot was a couple feet away from Deathstroke, diminishing his chance to aim properly. In this encounter we start at 30 feet, which will give Fury plenty of distance and time to prepare. Not to mention how Slade is going to be nerfed in the endgame encounter, renderring him a bloodlusted poor man's version of Captain America.

Also know that the image disrupter is near useless, Deathstroke does not need to see his target to shoot it.

No Caption Provided

Do you think the army of Hydra Assassins were aiming? They were shooting pretty much every square inch of the disorter, and yet they still missed. One man with two pistols isn't going to be able to hit Slade. Read it closely again (not an insult by the way, just telling you to read the bubble).

No Caption Provided

:D Your turn

No Caption Provided

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well assuming the prep is near their headquarters (S.H.I.E.L.D.), he could easily pack numerous weapons. Same goes for Deathstroke (whatever his headquarters is). Just look at how many gadgets Fury had in his suit in an unprepared fight. I'll post his fight against Dreadnought again.

Gadgets

• Oxygen Tablets
  • Chemical Cigars
  • Auto-Destruct Ring

You seem to misunderstand my point. He doesn't walk out unprepared, hence why he is equipped with gear. Now he didn't specifically prepare for that fight, it still takes time to get ready. For that fight, how long do you say it took him to get his usual equipment together? Now add that on with the 40+ other gadgets you mentioned, it is highly unlikely he will be able to gather that much gear in ten minutes.

To be honest Deadshot, Batman, and Cassandra Cain would get creamed by Dreadnought. Deadshot's weapons would be nothing to Dreadnought, Cassandra Cain's hand-to-hand combat prowess isn't enough to take down the android behemoth, and Batman's gadgets aren't lethal enough (there is a possibility that Bruce could take it down though). Teen Titans would, arguably, be taken down by Nick Fury with prep-time.

As for the Deadshot scan, there are multiple factors that make it so that is isn't a true representation of how the fight would go.

1. First of all, Deathstroke was fighting with another opponent, therefore making the shot a lot more difficult for Deadshot. Honestly, he could have just shot both of them while they were brawling if he wanted to. Plus, he did get hit by Deadshot...at least I think so. Either way it was a pretty close shot, and nearly all of Fury's shots have splash damage.

I don't think Dreadnought is anything like Deathstroke or any of the others you mentioned. He is completely different.

For the Deadshot scan, he was fighting two people at the same time, yes he was shot, but right after he got shot, he charged Deadshot not allowing hardly any movements from Deadshot. So if it goes hand to hand, I doubt Fury will use his magnetic repulsion repeatedly, and even so, you have only proven that it works on projectiles. What stops Deathstroke from shooting him in the head with his promethium blasting staff? I'll remind you of the damage.

No Caption Provided

Fury's electric cuffs will be useless in this fight, as will his armor if Slade gets a headshot.

No Caption Provided
  • For skill, a Fury who was injected with a hallucination serum that disorientates him and kills him in 6 hours, dodges a point-blank shot.
No Caption Provided

The sonic disintegrator doesn't look as if Fury ever used it, and you have also proven that Slade can resist the hallucination weapon that he carries. Slade's brain healed nearly instantly from being fried, he is immune to poisons and diseases, I am highly skeptical that it would even work in the first place.

The way I depict it is that the watch creates negative magnetic energy around his body to deflect incoming projectiles, including swords, spikes, and bullets.

No Caption Provided

While there isn't anything to say it wouldn't launch Deathstroke off his feet briefly, there is also nothing to state that it wouldn't (still, if Slade's sword gets launched as he is attacking Fury, it would cause confusion for him). Therefore, we are at a stalemate.

Oh wait a minute. We're not. Feast your eyes on the Repulsor Ray! The Repulsor Ray launching two men away from him.

The way you have shown the magnetic repulsor is that it bends projectiles around him. Nothing suggest atm that it would repulse Slade's sword if he has the ability to cut a car in half, and the speed to deflect bullets with it.

The repulsor might work, but it requires you to still aim, and it looks like it also has a short range, and nothing bad happens to Deathstroke except getting pushed back.

A good strategy Deathstroke can use is to destroy any settlement that Fury takes refuge in, doing so can tire him out and possibly injure him, it could also create a distraction which Deathstroke can use to close the gap.

No Caption Provided

(Note, the boulder wasn't destroyed by the disk, however, he said it would easily take care of it.)

He can use his increased brain power to detect any subtle shifts in the ground, mixed with his enhanced senses, Fury isn't hiding anywhere.

That's the tricky thing. Beast Boy isn't nearly as fast as Nick Fury (at least in that form). Fury has tons more experience, and has dodged hits from Captain America, who is more enhanced than Deathstroke.

Easily debatable, however, dodging hits, and defeating are two separate categories.

Above, Captain America states how he gets sloppy via fatigue from fighting Fury. I see the same thing happening to Deathstroke, who will be worn down by both Fury's skill and gadgets. From there the agent can take down Slade after a good fight.

Deathstroke has superhuman endurance which will allow him to outlast Fury.

Is there anything to support he heals that fast while conscious? Because I've heard his armor also enhances his healing factor. That, and the scan above doesn't show him recovering from too much. It's just a (very careful) laser incision in his chest. Most of Fury's tech would knock or kill Slade instantly.

Deathstroke's Nth metal armor (New 52) increases his healing factor, however pre-52 Deathstroke has promethium armor, which does not. And I haven't seen a majority of equipment Fury has to instantly KO, or kill Slade, Slade can easily dodge or destroy anything Fury throws at him due to a huge margin of speed advantage.

So yeah, purely skill-wise, Slade is inferior to Batman, while Fury has consistently stalemated The Sentinel of Liberty himself, who is even more enhanced.

With that, I say that Fury, who has skill even to Cap's, uses gadgets more often than Cap's, and stalemated a man with more heavy enhancement's than Slade's own, should be able to at least match Deathstroke.

Look closely at what Deathstroke said, he said he would not want to face Batman without his increased strength, but who would? It does not mean his strength enhancements allowed him to win, it only means that he was at a good advantage due to his enhancements.

there are other showings of skill, stuff that Fury could not replicate. I doubt Fury would be able to beat Cassandra Cain in melee combat.

Also Deathstroke's enhancements are greater than Captain America's. CA only has peak human conditioning with super human endurance. Also CA is not as willing to kill, nor does he have the durability or lethal weaponry Slade has.

That's like one building brother. And he isn't escaping him, merely getting atop a building, using the Image Disorter, and wearing down Slade as he advances towards him (which will happen because of his mercenary attitude). Then, he swoops down and confronts a severely nerfed Slade. There, his skill and gadgets will prevail over Slade's enhancements. Kind of like this.

No Caption Provided

Slade's enhanced senses and superior speed will allow him to keep up with Fury, and his senses will allow him to not be fooled by the image distortion. If Slade see's him climbing up a building, why not simply use a grenade or explosive disk to topple it?

I'd argue that Fury is on-par with an enhanced Deathstroke in terms of speed. You've seen him drugged two times times to be slower, and yet go through a dangerous obstacle evading projectiles and traps, and dodge point-blank gunfire. That, and Deadshot was a couple feet away from Deathstroke, diminishing his chance to aim properly. In this encounter we start at 30 feet, which will give Fury plenty of distance and time to prepare. Not to mention how Slade is going to be nerfed in the endgame encounter, renderring him a bloodlusted poor man's version of Captain America.

You have no brought laser dodging scans, nor bullet deflecting scans into the mix. Everyone and their little sister can dodge a single bullet (comic wise). This encounter does start at 30 feet, however Deathstroke can be shooting away while covering the distance. He is simply too enhanced, too lethal, and too smart to be fooled by Fury's tech. The magnetic repulsor looks like a momentary repulsor, and cannot stop Deathstroke's much faster blasting staff from shooting his head off.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme said:

Gadgets

• Oxygen Tablets
  • Chemical Cigars
  • Auto-Destruct Ring

You seem to misunderstand my point. He doesn't walk out unprepared, hence why he is equipped with gear. Now he didn't specifically prepare for that fight, it still takes time to get ready. For that fight, how long do you say it took him to get his usual equipment together? Now add that on with the 40+ other gadgets you mentioned, it is highly unlikely he will be able to gather that much gear in ten minutes.

Well given the fact that he is at S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters, he'll have pretty much every useful weapon and gadget at display, just waiting there for him to pick which one he prefers. It's not that hard to be honest. Imagine a giant wheel of weaponry and tech at your eyes, with ten full minutes to pick and store them in your suit/uniform. That's a LOT of time just to gather equipment.

I don't think Dreadnought is anything like Deathstroke or any of the others you mentioned. He is completely different.

For the Deadshot scan, he was fighting two people at the same time, yes he was shot, but right after he got shot, he charged Deadshot not allowing hardly any movements from Deadshot. So if it goes hand to hand, I doubt Fury will use his magnetic repulsion repeatedly, and even so, you have only proven that it works on projectiles. What stops Deathstroke from shooting him in the head with his promethium blasting staff? I'll remind you of the damage.

No Caption Provided

Fury's electric cuffs will be useless in this fight, as will his armor if Slade gets a headshot.

He is completely different, but it shows how Nick can take high-level opponents simply with the gadgets he has with his disposal. Add prep to increase the amount of gadgets and Nick should be able to handle Deathstroke.

For the Deadshot scan, you have already admitted to Deathstroke being shot. Therefore, Slade would be shot by the Magnetic Pelfrag Shooter, or the Rocket Pellet Pistol, rather than a simple wrist mounted pistol. The weapons that Nick uses are far more potent than mere small firearms. That would stop Slade in his tracks long enough for Nick to consider his next course of options. For the magnetic repulsion, I do think he would use it more than once if needed to. He's consistently used gadgets more than once in several runs, in different issues. Plus if there is an off chance that it doesn't work on Slade himself, his weapon will be shipped away, confusing Deathstroke, and allowing Fury to switch to another weapon, like the Repulsor Ray. Or this small pellet.

No Caption Provided

What's stopping Slade from blasting Fury's head with the Blast Staff? Well, the fact that he doesn't do that. He won't use a lethal, helicopter-crushing blast on one guy's head. He'll probably use non-lethal blasts to try and wear down the agent, and it won't work because of the seemingly endless defensive gadgets Nick possesses.

I also highly doubt Slade will get a headshot on Fury. When Nick is at a distance, the image disorter will protect him from being sniped. When he's at close-range with Nick, he'd be worn down, nerfed, and disorientated.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The sonic disintegrator doesn't look as if Fury ever used it, and you have also proven that Slade can resist the hallucination weapon that he carries. Slade's brain healed nearly instantly from being fried, he is immune to poisons and diseases, I am highly skeptical that it would even work in the first place.

Actually the hallucination injection was not as potent as the cube. It wasn't even made by S.H.I.E.L.D. Plus it was Nick Fury's willpower that allowed him to avoid dying. I don't see Slade having that much willpower to be honest. A full-power Hallucination Cube would wreck Deathstroke. It did so to seven Hydra Agents with ease. Hallucination isn't a poison or a disease, therefore Deathstroke is not immune to it. Again, brain fried does not equal severe disorientation. Also the Sonic Shatter Cone would disorientate his senses. For the sonic disintergrator ring, he may not have used the exact model, but he has used similar devices that carry the same function over the years.

No Caption Provided

Oh wait a minute. We're not. Feast your eyes on the Repulsor Ray! The Repulsor Ray launching two men away from him.

The way you have shown the magnetic repulsor is that it bends projectiles around him. Nothing suggest atm that it would repulse Slade's sword if he has the ability to cut a car in half, and the speed to deflect bullets with it.

The repulsor might work, but it requires you to still aim, and it looks like it also has a short range, and nothing bad happens to Deathstroke except getting pushed back.

Why not? If it repulses negative magnetic energy, why wouldn't it repulse a metal sword? The sword cutting cars in half and deflecting bullets is completely irrelevant. It's like the Iron Man suit. It would still be repulsed, no matter how powerful it is.

The short range of the Repulsor Ray is kind of the point (and it's short range isn't even confirmed). It pushes the enemy back, and it even knocked those two out, so it does do damage while it's at it. This would throw off Slade and buy Fury more time to use a different gadget to take out your mercenary.

A good strategy Deathstroke can use is to destroy any settlement that Fury takes refuge in, doing so can tire him out and possibly injure him, it could also create a distraction which Deathstroke can use to close the gap.

No Caption Provided

(Note, the boulder wasn't destroyed by the disk, however, he said it would easily take care of it.)

He can use his increased brain power to detect any subtle shifts in the ground, mixed with his enhanced senses, Fury isn't hiding anywhere.

Deathstroke only considered that strategy because he didn't know where Tara was. Because of his extra senses, he'd probably have a general idea of where Fury is. Why don't you think Slade always uses "blowing up buildings" as a method? Because it isn't practical. As much as Deathstroke's brain is advanced, I'm counting on his instincts to reel him in to soften him up. Slade will try and track down and follow Fury, and use his mercenary habits to try and infiltrate the building he suspects Nick is in. He sees Fury on the roof. He advances. Fury uses gadgets and nerfs him severely for the final encounter. Nick isn't trying to hide here. Are there any feats for the explosive disc? Because it destroying that boulder is speculation.

Easily debatable, however, dodging hits, and defeating are two separate categories.

He never defeated Captain America. He stalemated him in two instances, with various gadgets to prove my point on their variety. With minimal prep, all Fury needs to do is hoard gadgets and he's good to go.

Deathstroke has superhuman endurance which will allow him to outlast Fury.

Not if he has a couple extra tons weighing down on him from the Magnetic Pelfrag Shooter, disorientated from the Hallucination Cube, sleeping pellets, invisibility, Image Disorter, and more. Captain America has superhuman endurance too, and has fought in wars for endless amount of days, and fighting Fury tired him down.

I mean, an older Nick Fury, who isn't even in his prime managed to hold off Wolverine for an immensely long time.

• Fighting Wolverine to a standstill for an extended period of time, in close combat, without wearing him down.

Deathstroke's Nth metal armor (New 52) increases his healing factor, however pre-52 Deathstroke has promethium armor, which does not. And I haven't seen a majority of equipment Fury has to instantly KO, or kill Slade, Slade can easily dodge or destroy anything Fury throws at him due to a huge margin of speed advantage.

Dude most of Fury's high-end technology would heavily damage Slade, if not outright kill him.

• Rocket Pellet Pistol. I cannot stress how powerful this weapon is.
No Caption Provided
  • The Satan Claw. Arguably more powerful than Slade's own Blast Staff. It completely disembowels an android with thicker and more durable armor than Pre-New 52 Slade's.
No Caption Provided

Also I'll add another weapon that isn't physical. Not sure how Slade would react to mind control.

• Hypno-Beam Gun.
No Caption Provided

Look closely at what Deathstroke said, he said he would not want to face Batman without his increased strength, but who would? It does not mean his strength enhancements allowed him to win, it only means that he was at a good advantage due to his enhancements.

there are other showings of skill, stuff that Fury could not replicate. I doubt Fury would be able to beat Cassandra Cain in melee combat.

Also Deathstroke's enhancements are greater than Captain America's. CA only has peak human conditioning with super human endurance. Also CA is not as willing to kill, nor does he have the durability or lethal weaponry Slade has.

Why wouldn't he not want to face Batman without his modifications? Because he'd lose. His strength and other enhancements pretty much gave him a huge advantage. If Batman fought Slade without his amp, he would certainly lose. No doubt about that. Nick Fury in hand-to-hand combat would at least challenge Cassandra if he has fought Cap to a standstill. However, the point is, he doesn't fight without S.H.I.E.L.D. tech, and that massively curves things to his favor. Like I said, one Hallucination Cube could probably take the entire Titans out, or at the very least soften them up for Nick to whip out another gadget and KO them.

I have to disagree with the enhancements. I personally think Captain America's enhancements, coupled with is willpower grants him far greater durability and longevity than Deathstroke. I mean, Steve fought against Zolandian Captains, alien forces, and Arnim Zola WITH A HOLE IN HIS CHEST for at least an entire DAY.

No Caption Provided

Slade's enhanced senses and superior speed will allow him to keep up with Fury, and his senses will allow him to not be fooled by the image distortion. If Slade see's him climbing up a building, why not simply use a grenade or explosive disk to topple it?

You have no brought laser dodging scans, nor bullet deflecting scans into the mix. Everyone and their little sister can dodge a single bullet (comic wise). This encounter does start at 30 feet, however Deathstroke can be shooting away while covering the distance. He is simply too enhanced, too lethal, and too smart to be fooled by Fury's tech. The magnetic repulsor looks like a momentary repulsor, and cannot stop Deathstroke's much faster blasting staff from shooting his head off.

I doubt Slade will reach Fury 30 feet away before he climbs a building and wears him down. Not only does he have to find Fury, but his speed isn't fast enough to instantly blitz there the moment he realizes where he is. He'll reach there by the time Fury sets up some gadgets and fires away at Deathstroke, wearing him down.

Do I really have to provide Nick Fury dodging generic lasers and bullets? I mean every single street leveler can replicate that feat. I mean he dodged lasers and spikes in the obstacle course, while drugged in the set of scans I posted earlier (not to mention him dodging blows from Wolverine point-blank). I really don't think I need to provide scans for this. I'll toss in another one though.

No Caption Provided

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Very nice argument and debate, we have both said what we need to say, and I feel like I would be repeating myself to counter the information you have provided. Want to open votes now?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice argument for you too! This was a blast (staff)! I'm cool with voting now. Also you should call in the users that commented in this thread since they seem interested. I'm on my iPad so I can't.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Cable_Extreme

Nice argument for you too! This was a blast (staff)! I'm cool with voting now.

Yes, the way you used all of Fury's technology feats made it feel like trying to face a fully prepped Batman with no prep of my own. lol Superb job.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XD yeah. The thing with Classic Fury is that he has way more gadgets because of S.H.I.E.L.D., and the fact that in the 50's to 80's, gadgets were cartoonishly available and storable. Like a bottomless satchel lol.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Cable_Extreme

XD yeah. The thing with Classic Fury is that he has way more gadgets because of S.H.I.E.L.D., and the fact that in the 50's to 80's, gadgets were cartoonishly available and storable. Like a bottomless satchel lol.

I have learned a lot in this debate, I would also change the title to voting open or something like that so we can get some people to vote.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll edit the title and try and call in users tomorrow. I'm using an iPad right now.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Cable_Extreme
darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: @cable_extreme: alright great debating guys you both were awesome but that being said my vote goes to cable extreme but just by a little bit, but great job to you both this made me really want classic Fury back not Nick Fury jr.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkbeam said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: @cable_extreme: alright great debating guys you both were awesome but that being said my vote goes to cable extreme but just by a little bit, but great job to you both this made me really want classic Fury back not Nick Fury jr.

Thanks for the vote :D

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Cable_Extreme
jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Damn this was insane.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Turns out I can't edit the title. It was too many letters already. Hopefully the people you called on eventually vote.

YNCG 0-1 Cable_Extreme

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with YNCG here. Cable did some EXCELLENT Deathstroke debating (as expected from th Vine's resident Deathstroke expert), but YNCG did a really good showcasing just how deadly Fury is considering that he was the underdog here going against a freak like Slade. Great job guys, y'all are making me feel like I have to improve my debating skills.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seriously thought YNCG was going to get stomped here, but he's convinced me that Nick could take Deathstroke. YNCG gets my vote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow sorry guys i just got your email YNCG i haven't been on for a while so i wil have to read the debate over then vote tmrw. Sorry.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke19: No problem man. Just PM'ing you to remind since Cable_Extreme's shoutouts didn't work. Take your time.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Turns out I can't edit the title. It was too many letters already. Hopefully the people you called on eventually vote.

YNCG 0-1 Cable_Extreme

Just have our names and say voting now or something like that

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@deathstroke19: No problem man. Just PM'ing you to remind since Cable_Extreme's shoutouts didn't work. Take your time.

Hmm, I wonder why my shoutouts didn't work ):

I think it has something to do with if you shout-out too many people, none of them receive it.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#48  Edited By homicidalmaniac

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: You get my vote.You open a new gate for 616 Nick Fury.It a shame that Nick is rarely seen in Marvel compare to Ultimate Nick Fury.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homicidalmaniac: Definitely. In my opinion, 616 Fury is ten times better than Ultimate Fury (here come the people shouting "racist!"). They shouldn't have replaced Fury with Fury Jr. in MARVEL NOW!

@visemoon: Thanks for the vote bro!

YNCG 4-1 Cable_Extreme

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag for later.