War Tourny: Lunacyde VS Daddycool (Lord of the Rings VS Aliens)

• 158 results
DaddyCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DaddyCool

No Caption Provided

RULES:
-Both commanders have full knowledge on where the other army's starting location is. 
-All characters have unlimited ammo (unless otherwise stated) and must reload. 
-Assume all franchises know the basics of the characters in the opposing franchises
-Debates will consist of how you will direct your army and how the battles would play out.  
-The entire population (and wildlife) in the United States has vanished.  Cars and such still remain. ALL VEHICLES will NOT function.
-ALL of the weapons in the United States have vanished.  If they stumble into a gunstore, there will be nothing.  If they stumble upon a military base, there will be no weaponry.  Not even knives remain.  Sporks on the other hand, will remain ;) 
-Assume the match begins at 5am. Please take into account travel time to locations. 
-Traveling from one location to another will NOT harm characters endurance and energy. 
-You may split up your teams however you wish to do so.  However, preassigned squads and groups must remain together. 
For example (these are not used) 
Let's say you have: 
10 Superman's 

5 X-Men squads, which include... 
1 Gambit 
1 Cyclops 
1 Wolverine

You're free to  split up the 10 Superman's anyway you'd like.  IE send 9 north and 1 south.  However, the INDIVIDUAL X-Men squads must remain together.  IE you can't say "I  want 1 of my X-Men squads to send Gambit north, cyclops south, and Wolverine west."  They must all travel together.  However, you're free to send INDIVIDUAL squads as a whole anywhere you wish.  For example, "I'm sending 3 X-Men squads with Superman, 1 to Dallas, and 1 to Kansas City.   Hopefully this was clear. 
-If you agree with your opponent on locations where battles would take place, please feel free to provide visual aid.  I personally recommend doing an image search of "aerial *name of location*".  

Daddycool's Army

-400 Warrior Xenomorphs 
-7 Queens 
-100 FaceHuggers 
-20 Predaliens  
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Good luck!  Remember, there's a unique rule for this match to balance it.  Bladed weapons and arrows from the LotR army will penetrate aliens and harm them.  Also, assume bladed  weapons will be not destroyed because of acid. Logically, this wouldn't occur, since it takes awhile to even damage them with a pistol.  But hey, let's keep it balanced ;)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

UPDATE:Because you're the commander and know what will be happening to your army at all times, please assume you are in base of operations (off world).  You have constant visual contact with each of your teams, as well as every command and order you state will be heard by all of them.  This means if you happen to send one squad North to Chicago and you encounter your ENTIRE enemy army, you can order them to fight defensively, and debate on how your team may survive until you can relay your other squads there (try your best to factor in travel time).

DaddyCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DaddyCool

I will post a strategy as soon as Luna posts an army (I might have to change it depending on what units he has)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Sweet, hopefully Luna will post here soon!
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@k4tzm4n: I can't remember my army....do you have it because i can't find it anywhere....
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

LOL.  I'll try to find my message to you.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

320 Armored Orcs (from Two Towers, various bladed weapons, 5 have the explosives to be "suicide bomber" Orcs) 
30 Orc Archers 

25 Armored Elves (15 are archers with daggers, 10 have blades)
5 Ents 
3 Legolas' (bow & arrows, elven blade)

3 Aragons (with horse, sword of choice, elven cloak, short fuse explosives) 
7 Gimlis (axe of choice, short fuse explosives)        

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:
" 320 Armored Orcs (from Two Towers, various bladed weapons, 5 have the explosives to be "suicide bomber" Orcs) 
30 Orc Archers 

5 Ents 

"
Are we talking Orcs or Uruk-Hai because I've never heard of the "suicide bomber" Orcs, but I know there are Uruk _hai that did it which I think you may be referring to.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Lunacyde said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" 320 Armored Orcs (from Two Towers, various bladed weapons, 5 have the explosives to be "suicide bomber" Orcs) 
30 Orc Archers 

5 Ents 

"
Are we talking Orcs or Uruk-Hai because I've never heard of the "suicide bomber" Orcs, but I know there are Uruk _hai that did it which I think you may be referring to. "

I'm speaking of the ones during the massive battle at the end of Two Towers.  When I say "suicide bomber", I just mean equipped with the same explosives the soldier had when he broke through part of the wall in that battle.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@k4tzm4n:  That is what I figured....those are Uruk-Hai....good :)
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

*cough*....
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@k4tzm4n: Might want to get that checked out...
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

lol
DaddyCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DaddyCool

I would start this off by splitting my army into three different strike groups. My main attack force (which is represented by the blue line) consists of 3 Queens 8 Predaliens 40 Facehuggers and 150 Warriors. My other two attack squads (represented by the green lines) each have 2 Queens 6 Predaliens 30 Facehuggers and 125 Warriors. I would keep my forces close together so they could easily assist each other if need be. My individual armies would be spread apart enough to effectively stealth as well as scout. They would travel underground in sewer systems whenever possible. Just in case anyone has not seen the Alien movies allow me to give a small break down of some of their abilities.

No Caption Provided

Facehugger A Facehugger is an Alien infant that hatches from an egg. It resembles a pair of skeletal hands with a spine-like tail. Until a facehugger is disturbed by a living animal that is larger than it, it lives in an egg, aproximately one meter in height. When disturbed, the egg springs open, and the facehugger jumps out of its egg, using its tail to propel it self onto its victims face. It then stays on the face for as low as ten minutes to a whole day, during which it lays an embryo Xenomorph inside its victims bronchial tubes. The egg hatches, and the pre-larvae burrows into the victim's aorta, where it feeds on the nutrients, and absorbs the host DNA. This will become a Chestburster. At this point, the Facehugger is useless, and crawls off to die. They are often dragged into combat by a Carrier (AVP Extinction). Like all Xenomorphs, they have a corrosive body fluid. It will murder the victim if it is sucessfully removed before implantation is complete.   This video gives a good idea of the facehuggers mobility.

Warrior After progressing through the Chestburster  phase, the Warrior stands at over two meters in height. It is black in color, with a long, segmented tail and a secondary set of jaws inside its mouth; which it can use to maim or kill prey. They are shown to possess incredible strength, enough to break down metal doors. Warriors can blend into the surrounding spaces in their hives; making them hard to detect until moving.

The Warrior's blood, like that of other aliens, is highly corrosive acid; in the films Warriors are shown to sometimes explode violently when killed by gunfire; suggesting that their circulatory system is highly pressurized. Their acidic blood is capable of causing severe injury to humans; with several characters in the films being injured or killed by being to close to a dying Warrior. In Alien: Resurrection, Aliens are shown to be aware of their blood's acidity; two Aliens kill another in order to melt a hole through a floor and escape imprisonment. Since the Aliens in Resurrection had their DNA mixed with that of Ellen Ripley due to cloning, it's possible this ability was a side effect.

Warriors also have the ability to spit their acid, although this is only seen in the film Alien: Resurrection.

Predalien-Predator-born Xenomorph; the result of a Facehugger impregnating a Predator. The appearance and abilities of the Predalien vary throughout its portrayals in comics, videogames and movies. It typically possesses the mandibles and dreadlocks of its unfortunate host and a partial hide on its carapace, and is portrayed as stronger than both human-born aliens and their host species, the Predators.

Queen- A queen is much more intelligent than a normal xenomorph, displaying traits of anger and vengeance beyond any purely instinctual behavior. An example of this was when a queen saw her nest destroyed by Ellen Ripley, and then began a murderous rampage in an attempt to kill both her and Newt, even going so far as to hide herself in the landing gear of their dropship and follow them back to the USS Sulaco.

The queen, despite its size ratio compared to other aliens, can sustain near-limitless gunfire before having to retreat. Due to this, once outside of it's Larvae facility, the queen can destroy most prey within seconds. It has also been noted that the queen displays numerous signs of extreme muscle density. It height will often vary greatly, at times being roughly 15 feet and sometimes can grow to as large as 40 feet.
    Just a small feat of strength here a queen ripping apart an android (poor Bishop) with ease. Mostly wanted to show how xenomorphs use their tails as weapons.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hellos

Acid blood is going to make this a crazy battle.
DaddyCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DaddyCool
@Hellos: Yea I agree, but Luna's definitely got some experience on me so we will see what happens.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hellos
@DaddyCool said:

" @Hellos: Yea I agree, but Luna's definitely got some experience on me so we will see what happens. "

I still don't really know, these guys wipe out entire planets with better tech than Middle Earth, including future Earth (novels). All it really takes is one hive and you already have an army of the monsters from what I see.  
Though I guess as long there are some restrictions placed, no queens laying eggs for face huggers, no queen's laying embryo's down peoples throughts(Pred Alien - semi queen- in avp2(film)) and I guess whatever else might be over the top.  
Though I am assuming the face huggers are allowed to impregnate the opposition? 

All I know is I sure as hell wouldn't ever want to deal with those things in RL, especially face huggers.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Though I guess as long there are some restrictions placed, no queens laying eggs for face huggers, no queen's laying embryo's down peoples throughts(Pred Alien - semi queen- in avp2(film)) and I guess whatever else might be over the top.  
Though I am assuming the face huggers are allowed to impregnate the opposition? 

All correct.  No hives can be established, however his forces can increase via facehuggers.  Keep in mind though, the enemies have full knowledge of the aliens, as do the aliens of the LoTR army.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hellos
@k4tzm4n said:

"All correct.  No hives can be established, however his forces can increase via facehuggers.  Keep in mind though, the enemies have full knowledge of the aliens, as do the aliens of the LoTR army.    "

Are the 3 horses fair game for face huggers?
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Hellos said:
"@k4tzm4n said:

"All correct.  No hives can be established, however his forces can increase via facehuggers.  Keep in mind though, the enemies have full knowledge of the aliens, as do the aliens of the LoTR army.    "

Are the 3 horses fair game for face huggers? "

That is entirely up to Daddycool, since his forces will listen to him ;)
DaddyCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DaddyCool

forget horses.... must... have... entomorphs...

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hellos

@k4tzm4n:

:P 
Face Hugger + horse = xeno horses for the warriors to ride into battle! (Though more than likely retain a similair shape to the standard xenomorph, just more so built to chase down and take down horses with little effort)

@DaddyCool said:

"forget horses.... must... have... entomorphs... "

A horse is a horse ofcourse ofcourse...
DaddyCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DaddyCool
@Hellos: lol
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

So how would the face huggers be part of the army are his forces just toting around their eggs?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Lunacyde said:
"So how would the face huggers be part of the army are his forces just toting around their eggs? "

LOL.  Just assume he begins with that amount of facehuggers at his disposal.  Honestly, the only role they should serve is being able to eliminate human sized foes.  "creating" aliens shouldn't really play a role, since that takes a very long time, as does the growth of the alien (despite recent movies implying it happens over the course of an hour lol)
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I can't see the advantage of splitting up my troops. I would keep them all together, however I would order them into smaller more easily directed groups. Each group would be led by one main character. The breakdown would be as follows.

I would split up the 3 Legolas's and put each in charge of 5 Elven Archers. These groups would act as scouts given that Elves naturally have amazing senses, especially eyesight effectively allowing them to see miles and miles ahead. They also are naturally attuned to stealth, Legolas treads so lightly he walked on top of the freshly fallen snow in The Fellowship of the Ring. This stealth and their senses will allow them to detect any threats long before they are close enough to harm my army. Additionally their incredible archery skills allow them to engage any enemies long before they are within range to harm them. The incredible speed and accuracy with which they can fire also guarantees that they will take out large swathes of enemies before the enemies can reach them. Legolas fired three death shots into armored Uruk-Hai's throats in 3 seconds while sliding down stairs. He hit a Warg Rider from half a mile away while riding a horse, and also hit a Nazgul riding a giant Fell Beast while in a boat on the Anduin River. Elves are also super-humanly fast, agile, and have endurance beyond even the peak of human perfection. They also had astounding strength, Legolas was able to put his Elven Long Knives right through the armor of Saruman's most elite shock troops, and also helped him to single-handedly fell a Mumakil (Oliphant) at Pelennor Fields. These groups would be exceptionally important since I don't want to get any closer to the Xenos than I have to.

Then I would take 2 of the Aragorn's and split the 10 Elves armed with blades among them. Elven blades or swords are long, curved and of amazing craftsmanship. Elven swordsmen are very skilled and Aragorn himself is at the pinnacle of swordsmanship able to easily engage and defeat multiple opponents at once from Orcs, to Uruk-Hai, and even powerful Trolls and Ringwraiths. His sword Anduril (the flame of the west) is the same blade Isildur cut the ring from Sauron's hand with, it is nearly supernaturally sharp and strong. He also is extremely adept with the smaller dagger he carries with him, even throwing it with great accuracy when needed. These are my elite close combat regiments they would be arranged towards the rear of my main troop movement. The Aragorns would of course be riding their horses for mobility and to more easily lead their troops.

Next I would evenly divide my main group of Orcs/Uruk-Hai (minus the ones with explosives) among the 7 Gimlis. They would be the main body of my army. Uruk-Hai are stronger, faster, and more durable than humans and have extremely high pain tolerance, although the trade-off is that they are not exceptionally bright creatures. They are extremely ferocious fighters however and formidable foes in close quarters combat. I would have them assemble close together forming a massive block formation. The 30 Uruk-Hai archers would assemble at the back of this formation allowing them to rain down a deadly hail of arrows on their opponents and allowing the other Uruk-Hai to form a barrier from the enemy horde as they pick them off from a distance.

Lastly the remaining Aragorn will lead the 5 Ents who will take up thier position at the front of the formation. Their job is to squash as many Xenos as possible and break thier lines causing chaos and disorder and allowing the advancing wall of Uruk-Hai to slaughter them. The Uruks are expendable so the acid won't be a major problem, and Uruks also feel very little pain so that should not be a problem with the acid as well. This front line will feed chaotic hordes of Aliens into my grinder, funneling them into a giant death pit while the archers pick them off from a distance.

If the Xenos end up making it out of the giant Uruk deathpit I always have multiple characters with explosives that can lure Xeno's in and then take out as many as possible in a suicide bombing., or with a cleverly placed explosive, most notably Aragorn who has the mobility of being on a horse. The archers will try to identify the Queens and take them out as fast as possible from a distance. If they fail that is the suicide bombers new imperative to take out the Queens and as many warriors as they can while they are at it.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Very nice so far.  (love the thought of Ents attempting to face swarms of Xenos)
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29  Edited By Decoy Elite

Bravo! I was wondering how LOTR characters would be able to take on Aliens, but so far I'm convinced. Can't wait to see the counter argument.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:
" Very nice so far.  (love the thought of Ents attempting to face swarms of Xenos) "
I mean eventually the acid is gonna take it's toll, but the ents are gonna take a lot of Xeno's with them and it's gonna throw the Xenos into utter chaos IMO.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Lunacyde said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" Very nice so far.  (love the thought of Ents attempting to face swarms of Xenos) "
I mean eventually the acid is gonna take it's toll, but the ents are gonna take a lot of Xeno's with them and it's gonna throw the Xenos into utter chaos IMO. "

I believe Daddycool said a large portion of his army will travel underground, through the sewer systems and what not. How will your team detect that?
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hellos

Not convinced with melee combat with Xenos, acid blood spray is going to be killing a lot of things. 

@Lunacyde
said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
I mean eventually the acid is gonna take it's toll, but the ents are gonna take a lot of Xeno's with them and it's gonna throw the Xenos into utter chaos IMO. "

Xenos calm under pressure after losing a good tun of fellow Xenos. They essentially sent wave after wave of themselves at the torret guns in Aliens.. :P

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@k4tzm4n: 
You can only travel so far through sewers....what are they going to do when they need to cross miles and miles of land with no sort of sewage system? They can only do that kind of thing in major urban centers.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Hellos said:
" Not convinced with melee combat with Xenos, acid blood spray is going to be killing a lot of things. "
And that my friend is why my archers are going to be soo important. They are going to take out a majority of the Xenos before they even get close enough to attack.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Hellos said:
"Not convinced with melee combat with Xenos, acid blood spray is going to be killing a lot of things. "

I think a bigger factor would actually be just how effective they actually are in close combat (through claws, tail, speed, and teeth).  Attacks with blades and arrows seem less likely to "splatter" alien blood, IMO.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hellos
@k4tzm4n said:

"I think a bigger factor would actually be just how effective they actually are in close combat (through claws, tail, speed, and teeth).  Attacks with blades and arrows seem less likely to "splatter" alien blood, IMO. "

Thats probably true, maybe not arrows though its whenever projectiles hit them it just goes everywhere, I believe plasma caster included. :P 
Xeno's should hold their own in a melee fight, speed, strength and tail certaintly will help, the the species generoully has always been more of a "We come out at night, sneak around and jump you with superior numbers taking back whoever we can and face hugging them" 

@Lunacyde said:

"And that my friend is why my archers are going to be soo important. They are going to take out a majority of the Xenos before they even get close enough to attack. "

I think Queens will help out with that greatly, giant rediculously big heads for ramming into things. 

Not sure how Aliens will do fighting out in the open space.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Lunacyde said:
" @k4tzm4n:  You can only travel so far through sewers....what are they going to do when they need to cross miles and miles of land with no sort of sewage system? They can only do that kind of thing in major urban centers. "

Well, I suppose that is based on where you guys meet for combat ;)
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@k4tzm4n: Range is my friend :) Especially with 3 Legolas on my team :)
DaddyCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DaddyCool

First off regarding your elves stealth ability it actually will not have any effect on my xenos ablity to detect them. Xenos use a sophisticated pheromone that allows them to sense potential hosts from vast distances. There sense is so powerful they can see directly through predators cloaking devices. In Aliens 3 the sense was powerful enough to seek out the few remaining behind in a massive prison colony built for thousands of people.  Xenomorphs are also masters of stealth, marines have walked into rooms actively looking for them and been ambushed by a Xenomorph that had been hiding in plain sight. 

Xenomorphs are extremely durable ( I know we have rulings that your weapons will be able to pierce the exoskeletons ) they can with stand small arms fire at close range. I think your archers would actually have a tough time killing the Xenos with just arrows. Although I do think you could potentially slow some down in an encounter. 

While your army is used to fighting battles mine is more akin to tactics of guerrilla warfare hit and run attacks from stealth and picking off stragglers. Attacking in this matter would no doubt be more effective than directly engaging your army right off the bat. So, I would take my two smaller forces and lead them around the back of your main army. Once I have my troops in position I will have my Xenos use their pheromones to find any stragglers and abduct them for my facehuggers. Using my Xenos speed and agility they should easily be able to preform quite a few of these kinds of raids with minimal losses. This positioning not only serves as an effective way for me to get the most out picking off stragglers and/or sleeping victims, but also serves as an excellent point for attack as I would be capable of attacking on 3 different fronts. This formation also gives me access to your archers who are vulnerable in melee combat and would keep them from slowing down my troops.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Xenomorphs are extremely durable ( I know we have rulings that your weapons will be able to pierce the exoskeletons ) they can with stand small arms fire at close range. I think your archers would actually have a tough time killing the Xenos with just arrows. Although I do think you could potentially slow some down in an encounter.   

You're correct in this assumption.  I made the rule to even the odds, but it isn't like a single slash or arrow will just eliminate one (unless it applies damage we can agree would kill one).  I'd assume it would take a few arrows to the head to bring one down.

DaddyCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DaddyCool

Bump.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Sorry....forgot about this.

DaddyCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DaddyCool
@Lunacyde said:
" Sorry....forgot about this. "
lol np
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

First off regarding your elves stealth ability it actually will not have any effect on my xenos ablity to detect them. Xenos use a sophisticated pheromone that allows them to sense potential hosts from vast distances. There sense is so powerful they can see directly through predators cloaking devices. In Aliens 3 the sense was powerful enough to seek out the few remaining behind in a massive prison colony built for thousands of people.  Xenomorphs are also masters of stealth, marines have walked into rooms actively looking for them and been ambushed by a Xenomorph that had been hiding in plain sight.

No argument here. I really figured as much. 

Elven bows, Legolas's especially produce an enormous amount of force, moreso than an ordinary bow in real life. Furthermore I believe small arms (9mm -5.56mm rounds) have been shown to penetrate Alien exoskeletons and cause damage. Now I am not saying that a single arrow is going to take them down, but 2-3 well placed arrows very well could take down a Xeno. In the Fellowship of the Ring Legolas shoots and kills a giant fell beast out of the air with a single arrow. Legolas has taken down wargs and trolls among many other things, all creatures whose durability rivals that of a Xeno. He was also able to put an arrow through a Goblin's Helmet, entire skull, through the back of the helmet and into the stone pillar behind, and later on puts an arrow through 2 Orcs. In a showing of skill Legolas was able to put 6 killshot arrows into 6 orcs in 6 seconds.

Elves do not need rest nor sleep mind you.

While your army is used to fighting battles mine is more akin to tactics of guerrilla warfare hit and run attacks from stealth and picking off stragglers. Attacking in this matter would no doubt be more effective than directly engaging your army right off the bat. So, I would take my two smaller forces and lead them around the back of your main army. Once I have my troops in position I will have my Xenos use their pheromones to find any stragglers and abduct them for my facehuggers. Using my Xenos speed and agility they should easily be able to preform quite a few of these kinds of raids with minimal losses. This positioning not only serves as an effective way for me to get the most out picking off stragglers and/or sleeping victims, but also serves as an excellent point for attack as I would be capable of attacking on 3 different fronts. This formation also gives me access to your archers who are vulnerable in melee combat and would keep them from slowing down my troops. 

There will not be stragglers. My regiments will be all in strict tight formation. Furthermore Elves have incredibly keen senses including the sight to see horsemen approaching from 5 Leagues (25 miles) away. My elven scouts will detect the danger long before any Xeno's get close enough to harm my forces.Legolas detects the Goblins in the Mines of Moria long before any of his counterparts have any idea. Elves hearing and sense of smell is far greater than that of humans who are usually the Aliens prey.

Lastly my archers are very capable even in a close quarters situation. Many of the Uruk-Hai have great powerful bows that at close range will do serious damage, and seeing that Uruk-hai are generally fearless they will keep their composure up close. The Elves on the other hand are very quick and agile with amazing reflexes and the ability to draw thier bows superhumanly quick they could pick off a charging Xeno quite easily. We see them shooting opponents mere feet away from them in LoTR.  Also Elven archers carry Elven long knives for melee combat if it came down to it.

For a small taste of Legolas Archery feats .....
http://www.squidoo.com/legolas-stunts
DaddyCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DaddyCool

"Elven bows, Legolas's especially produce an enormous amount of force, moreso than an ordinary bow in real life. Furthermore I believe small arms (9mm -5.56mm rounds) have been shown to penetrate Alien exoskeletons and cause damage. Now I am not saying that a single arrow is going to take them down, but 2-3 well placed arrows very well could take down a Xeno. In the Fellowship of the Ring Legolas shoots and kills a giant fell beast out of the air with a single arrow. Legolas has taken down wargs and trolls among many other things, all creatures whose durability rivals that of a Xeno."

I will agree that 2-3 well placed shots will be able to take down a xeno and that your elves are accurate enough to do this. I am not sure how that  Urk-Hai's accuracy stands up to the elves, but I am at the moment assuming they are less accurate shots, whose bows would require more torque to pull.

Elves do not need rest nor sleep mind you. 

Actually forgot about this but none of our troops need sleep.

There will not be stragglers. My regiments will be all in strict tight formation. Furthermore Elves have incredibly keen senses including the sight to see horsemen approaching from 5 Leagues (25 miles) away. My elven scouts will detect the danger long before any Xeno's get close enough to harm my forces. Their hearing and sense of smell is far greater than that of humans who are usually the Aliens prey. 

Predators also have heightened hearing smelling and a visor that can track heat signatures etc. Aliens can still sneak up on them. Xenomorphs are that stealthy. I believe that even your elves heightened senses would fail to help you detect them before they attacked. As I would imagine Predators >=  Elves in terms of tracking. I would safely say that I will have the element of surprise in this battle, despite the tracking abilities of your elves. Because I consider your archers to be the biggest threats I would be targeting them first. It seems plausible that an initial strike from my army would cut down on your archers numbers a sizable amount.

Lastly my archers are very capable even in a close quarters situation. Many of the Uruk-Hai have great powerful bows that at close range will do serious damage, and seeing that Uruk-hai are generally fearless they will keep their composure up close. The Elves on the other hand are very quick and agile with amazing reflexes and the ability to draw thier bows superhumanly quick they could pick off a charging Xeno quite easily. We see them shooting opponents mere feet away from them in LoTR.  Also Elven archers carry Elven long knives for melee combat if it came down to it.  

While Xenos might not have formal training like your troops they make up for this with sheer ferocity, strength, speed and durability.  I believe in a melee situation I have several notable advantages. First one and probably most obvious is the acidic blood. Bows will not creating a splatter effect as much as oh say a battle axe will, but bows still create a good bit of blood.   As you can see in this video (The shot is shown in slow motion at the end if you do not care to watch it all).
  With your bows packing more power than this guys and being at a closer range I can definitely see there being a few injuries from that alone. Not to mention that melee attacks towards my aliens will be spreading the acid around as well. Aliens are aware that their blood is harmful and will use it as a weapon when possible (as seen in AvP when it flicks acid with its wounded tail).  My aliens have a strength advantage on nearly all troops with exception of ents, as well as an agility that is probably closer to that of the elves. I see them mowing over most of your melee units with exception of your heros who would take quite a few down before succumbing to acid blood imo. Aliens also have long tails that are very sharp tails that they would be able to use in combat. They easily impale some one and lift them off the ground. This leads me to believe they would be strong enough to knock down several troops at a time. My aliens also have their powerful inner jaws that are capable of going through a marine helmet, as well as a predator helmet. These should be able to pierce through most any armor on the battlefield.
kaino12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By kaino12

...u do know that the queens cant control the predaliens only a predailean queen can control them so they will attack the other xeno's and eventualy die...
now assumeing that doesnt happon its actualy not vary hard for team one to win.
all they have to do is stay neer the now malfunctioning nuclear reactors (because they are no longer being maintananced) and they all die from the readiation that they are vary vulnerable to.

DaddyCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DaddyCool
@kaino12 said:
" ...u do know that the queens cant control the predaliens only a predailean queen can control them so they will attack the other xeno's and eventualy die... now assumeing that doesnt happon its actualy not vary hard for team one to win. all they have to do is stay neer the now malfunctioning nuclear reactors (because they are no longer being maintananced) and they all die from the readiation that they are vary vulnerable to. "

Well it's assumed that I do have control over all the Xenos and I don't think we are near any nuclear reactors... but thanks...
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@kaino12 said:
"...u do know that the queens cant control the predaliens only a predailean queen can control them so they will attack the other xeno's and eventualy die... now assumeing that doesnt happon its actualy not vary hard for team one to win. all they have to do is stay neer the now malfunctioning nuclear reactors (because they are no longer being maintananced) and they all die from the readiation that they are vary vulnerable to. "

....I stated in the OP that the commander has full control over his or her army and all units will obey.
DaddyCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DaddyCool

Regardless I am pretty sure K4ts said something about that in the OP and anyways wouldn't both teams be hurt by radiation?