Tournament Round 1 ( gonjasufi VS cosmicallyaware1 )

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jeanroygrant

Tournament Round 1 ( gonjasufi VS cosmicallyaware1 )

gonjasufi

• Thor
  • Kyle Rayner
  • John Stewart

cosmicallyaware1

• Black Adam
  • The Fallen One
  • Gladiator

Rules

• No BFR
  • Fight Takes Place On The Moon
  • Standard Gear
  • No Outside Help
  • No Prep

Let The Debating Start!

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MenaceForever2

Team 2

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By willpayton

Thor loses to Black Adam. GL beats Gladiator. Can Fallen One beat Kyle? Dont know anything about that dude, but Kyle is up there near Hal in power.

Avatar image for sensitivepsych0
SensitivePsych0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SensitivePsych0

@WillPayton: honestly i had that the exact opposite, lol. I had Thor beating Black Adam and Gladiator (at full confidence) beating Green Lantern

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

(Black Adam > Thor) (Jon Stewart > Gladiator) (Fallen one -?- Kyle)

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By terry2012

Can I still get in on this?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By willpayton

@SensitivePsych0 said:

@WillPayton: honestly i had that the exact opposite, lol. I had Thor beating Black Adam and Gladiator (at full confidence) beating Green Lantern

I see Thor at about the Superman level, but I see Black Adam at higher... due to his showing against the Justice League. I know some people are dismissing that as PIS or whatever, but I think it's valid... at least partly. Also BA doesnt really have morals and doesnt hold back. So overall I give him the edge over Thor.

Gladiator is kind of a jobber... didnt he let Hulk walk up to him (as he shot Hulk with his eye-beams) and grab his face? John is too good of a GL, and I dont see Glads beating him.

Kyle is around the level of John, but I dont know anything about Fallen One so I cant say who'd win... but I guess because of that I'm leaning towards Kyle.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Floopay

@WillPayton said:

@SensitivePsych0 said:

I see Thor at about the Superman level, but I see Black Adam at higher... due to his showing against the Justice League. I know some people are dismissing that as PIS or whatever, but I think it's valid... at least partly. Also BA doesnt really have morals and doesnt hold back. So overall I give him the edge over Thor.

Gladiator is kind of a jobber... didnt he let Hulk walk up to him (as he shot Hulk with his eye-beams) and grab his face? John is too good of a GL, and I dont see Glads beating him.

Kyle is around the level of John, but I dont know anything about Fallen One so I cant say who'd win... but I guess because of that I'm leaning towards Kyle.

Hmmmmmmm, I think you have a point with Black Adam and Thor. However, Thor should be able to absorb the magic energy put off by Black Adams lightning. He is definitely equal to Thor (at the very least) in terms of fighting capabilities, and with his brutal manor he will have no qualms going all out. However, Black Adam's primary source of versatility is taken away from him here, and Thor's is not. For that reason alone I give it to Thor, other than that they are, at the very least, evenly matched.

Gladiator is kind of a jobber :P. He has some pretty good showings in the Annihilators though. With those showings he is a pretty competent fighter, but prior to that he lost to pretty much everyone but Colossus.

@ImTheDamnBatman: Fallen One is a pretty sick character. He's one of Galactus's heralds, but unlike the other Heralds he derives his energy from dark matter and dark energy. He can create black holes (like the others), but also has some pretty potent energy/matter manipulation feats. He's also just as fast/strong/durable as any other Herald, and can augment his physical abilities like them as well. So, take from that what you will. I personally thing he could harass Kyle quite a bit.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By willpayton

@Floopay said:

@WillPayton said:

@SensitivePsych0 said:

Hmmmmmmm, I think you have a point with Black Adam and Thor. However, Thor should be able to absorb the magic energy put off by Black Adams lightning. He is definitely equal to Thor (at the very least) in terms of fighting capabilities, and with his brutal manor he will have no qualms going all out. However, Black Adam's primary source of versatility is taken away from him here, and Thor's is not. For that reason alone I give it to Thor, other than that they are, at the very least, evenly matched.

Gladiator is kind of a jobber :P. He has some pretty good showings in the Annihilators though. With those showings he is a pretty competent fighter, but prior to that he lost to pretty much everyone but Colossus.

@ImTheDamnBatman: Fallen One is a pretty sick character. He's one of Galactus's heralds, but unlike the other Heralds he derives his energy from dark matter and dark energy. He can create black holes (like the others), but also has some pretty potent energy/matter manipulation feats. He's also just as fast/strong/durable as any other Herald, and can augment his physical abilities like them as well. So, take from that what you will. I personally thing he could harass Kyle quite a bit.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Thor would be able to stop a lightning attack from BA with the hammer, but I dont see BA doing that. Remember, BA has a speed advantage over Thor (at least IMO) and he'll lead with a strong fast attack. So, I see their fight basically being BA speedblitzing Thor and trying to pound him to a pulp. With him getting the initiative and basically lacking morals, and given his strength, I think he'd keep the initiative and keep hitting Thor until he wins. His speed means that even if Thor can try to get some shots in, he probably wont hit, especially if he's dazed from an initial blitz.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Floopay

@WillPayton: Again, that's very debatable. Thor has fought people like Silver Surfer and Beta Ray Bill, who are close to Black Adam in terms of speed, and are not afraid to speed blitz. I don't think either one would have an easy time with the other. The only reason I go with Thor is because of his massive energy attacks. We may just have to agree to disagree. I will say that I see your point and do think it is valid, I just don't fully agree.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GhostRider29

@jeanroygrant: Team 2 is more even. I vote team 2. Am I annoying you with my votes yet? LOL

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#12  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

here's how I see it. Thor and Black Adam's battle is Epic....goes back and forth, with Thor seeming to have a slight advantage. While this is occuring, John Stewart and Gladiator face off, and GL's constructs give Gladiator pause, however, Gladiator ends of speedblitzing Stewart and pummeling him w/ a barrage of blows and eye-beams that Stewarts force sheilds simply can't take after awhile and Gladiator renders him unconcious. Gladiator joins the battle w/ Thor as he sees Black Adam weakening, and the combined might of the two take Thor out.....barely and the two collapse in exhaustion. Move to the battle w/ Kyle and The Fallen One..........Kyle tries valiantly, and feels he may be making some headway when he feels a telepathic intrusion into his mind saying " GNAT!!! I have faced the likes of Thanos and Galactus the world devourer....YOU ARE NOTHING!!!" and smashes through Kyle's defenses and constructs with a massive blast of dark matter/power cosmic! now we see Kyle floating limp, drifting off into space.....Gladiator and Black Adam arrive at the Fallen One's side..... Black Adam locks eyes w/ the Fallen One, and mutters "impressive"......

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

comments? did i provide an adequate argument scenario?

Avatar image for sensitivepsych0
SensitivePsych0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SensitivePsych0

I'll vote Team 2. Fallen One seems like the key to me

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

yeah, Fallen One really is deciding factor. IMO opinion..... heralds higher power level that GL's, especially Fallen One....his power set is a bit higher and varied from few showings he has. He could possibly even take both the GL's at same time. maybe.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By willpayton

I'll go with team 2.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

anyone else? when does voting begin?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By willpayton

@cosmicallyaware1 said:

anyone else? when does voting begin?

I dont think there's any official voting, it's just what the consensus is from the thread. At least that's what I thought it was.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@willpayton : Ok, thanks. wasn't sure. oh, maybe jeanroygrant said make decision and post results after 5 today? idk when that would be, i'm in Michigan, USA and it is 7PM here....

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

Yeah, I kind of want to hear the results too.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jeanroygrant

@GhostRider29 said:

@jeanroygrant: Team 2 is more even. I vote team 2. Am I annoying you with my votes yet? LOL

Nope.

@terry2012 said:

Can I still get in on this?

Sorry no.

cosmicallyaware1's Team wins, he advance's to the next round.