• Etrigan
  • Black Adam

Marvel's Slaughter ...Avengers:

• Juggernaut
  • Ultron
  • Loki
  • Beta Ray Bill

Rules:

• DC Characters get Pre-52 and N52 feats.
  • Marvel are regular 616
  • Set on an uninhabited, indestrucible earth.

Round One:

• No Prep
  • Random Encounter
  • Full Teamwork
  • In character

Round Two:

• 1 Day Prep - No outside help
  • Full teamwork
  • In character
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

Whoa. Tough call. Leaning towards the Marvel team for the prep round. Round one though............no idea.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

1. I have to give this to the Slaughter League. They're my boys, I gotta stick with them through thick and thin.

2. Adding this to the Slaughter League Arena.

3. @pr0metheus: I know where your avatar came from. I've got my eye on you.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Marvel

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Ultron & Loki MVPS

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Round 1: I'm thinking this could go either way, but I'm siding a bit more towards Marvel team.

Round 2: Marvel team.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel....almost in a stomp. BRB can take any one person on the DC side, Juggs is a beast when he can't be BFR'd (and many of his teammates can stop that), and Loki and Ultron are just too much.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Things I'd like to point out:

• Black Adam is radically faster than everyone here.
  • Two SL'ers also have magic. Etrigan's happens to be extremely powerful.
  • If Spider-Man can sink Juggernaut in concrete, there is nothing stopping Etrigan from using magic to sink him into the ground (he did this exact same thing to Lobo, if you're wondering whether it's in character). Juggernaut's out.
  • Atros can burn and rip through space. Ultron's durability won't help him here.
nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe in round 2 with prep. but round 1 is much closer, though it still leans toward marvel a teense.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl:

1.unless BFR is allowed speed isn't going to help Adam against 2 guys he will struggle to hurt.

2. Loki could match Ertigan with magic.

3. Is there anything stopping the team from pulling him out though. It would rather usual if the team decides let Juggernaut be stuck who cares.

4. I am not sure what you mean by burn and rip through space but I am having trouble understanding how Ultron durability doesn't matter when guys just as powerful as Black Adam physically have struggled to hurt him and he had one shot them before.

Is there anything preventing Ultron from mind controlling team 1 and making them fight each other ? He has done that before

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf let's tag team here.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

Things I'd like to point out:

• Black Adam is radically faster than everyone here.
  • Two SL'ers also have magic. Etrigan's happens to be extremely powerful.
  • If Spider-Man can sink Juggernaut in concrete, there is nothing stopping Etrigan from using magic to sink him into the ground (he did this exact same thing to Lobo, if you're wondering whether it's in character). Juggernaut's out.
  • Atros can burn and rip through space. Ultron's durability won't help him here.

Doubtful BA will go for a speed blitz & I have seen @ghostravage tear BA's speed feats up in a CAV. Loki has a got too much magic juice, especially if we are allowed to use old scans of Loki in this fight @pr0metheus (Asking the OP maker). Ultron is made of adamantium is he not?

===========

Round 2;

Ultron & Loki have much better prep feats than anyone here. Maybe we debate round 1. Round 2 shouldn't be a question in my humble opinion.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall:

1. Speed is always of value. He'll hit faster, can avoid hits if he has to, etc. Best idea would be to send him after BRB.

2. I know. The reason I stated it was because I was waiting for a million people to go "LOKI DUZ MAJIK STUFF N HE WINS LEL," so before that happens -- Etrigan has it too. Amazingly powerful magic.

3. Nope. But it's a distraction, whoever stops to pull him out will be out of the game for a short time, giving SL a numbers advantage for a brief period, possibly long enough to turn the tide.

4. Not much to explain. He breathed his blood-goop onto the fabric of space and ripped it open to reveal a secret place. Ultron, if memory serves, is just adamantium, which is less difficult to destroy than nothingness.

5. Just the fact that they all have TP resistance or immunity.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Team marvel

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dondave

Team Marvel

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Joygirl

@lukehero: Prep isn't as cut and dry as it seems. Etrigan, as I said before, has extensive magic. Atros has scrying, and Lobo has weakness-sense. They can check out the opposing team, find their weaknesses, then Adam can use his leadership skills and the Wisdom of Zehuti to come up with a plan to exploit them.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl:

1. Might be valuable against Brb but they have to somehow take the 2 scary bricks out of the equation. Also Ultron has uni _ directional hypno beam.

2. Then no arguments there. I agree.

3. It would really take too long for Brb to drop a lightning or Ultron to drop a energy beam big enough to free them.

4. Thor and Hulk have both done the same thing. And since Atrocious doesn't have much of a speed feat bar right fighting fast characters Ultron could take him out at will by turning his entire body into pure ionic energy. Worked on an entire roster of Avengers, Thor included.

5. Black Adam has been Ted before once by Mm and once by Brainwave Jr (although I don't really know how good a telepath he is).

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FukYouRenchamp
mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mickey-mouse

@joygirl: Loki can hide himself from even the likes of Heimdall, and can create illusions that fool even Odin. if we are using old scans and feats for Loki as well he has enough juice to tangle with classic strange & the likes of Dormmamu. Let's not forget Loki has strong enough TP to affect even classic strange. Also Loki can see into his opponents entire back story like he did with the SS. So, Loki can find out every single about them, while hiding his teammates. Ultron can upgrade and modify himself with all of the information Loki gathers. Not, to mention Loki has some of the most power transmutation & matter manipulation spells out there. What's stopping him from turning the 2 non magical characters into a pair of shoes?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall:

1. Ultron I consider to be the most dangerous here. Also, sadly, I don't know much about him in how to fight him. Lobo may be able to pull something out of his ass, we haven't considered him yet.

2. [Turning 3 into 2] Unless they're busy or being distracted.

3. Nah, Atros doesn't have any real speed feats, but he does have omnidirectional attacks and a hell of a lot of raw power, and has taken on heaps of top-tier lanterns while making it look relatively easy (don't you dare mention Guy Gardner).

4. MMH only briefly stunned him, AFTER he spent a few weeks in space crying from when he tried the first time. Brainwave didn't control him, just read his mind, and Adam was all "Don't you ever f***ing do that again or I'll rip your skull out."

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mickey-mouse

@pr0metheus said:

@lukehero: Current Loki, Adamantium Ultron

Alright, well that cuts Loki's magic down quite a bit. @joygirl

I'll give team 1 the win for round 1. Marvel for 2, still pretty clear cut for them in round 2, IMO.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Round 1 I think this will take awhile but i see Juggernaut & Loki left standing.

Round 2 Loki's prep wins .

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: What's to stop Etrigan from turning them back? And there's only one non-magical character, Lobo, who has resistance to... most things.

Also, I get that Loki's tough but so many people underrate Etrigan. He's tangled with Satanus, MMH, Swamp Thing, Superman, Lobo, Blue Devil, etc. With prep he can also give himself amps by going to magical locations. He isn't quite as smart as Loki but he's no less powerful, and I believe I remember someone else mentioning that he also has TP.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Well, since the OP maker said we are using current Loki, I give it to DC for round 1 6/10. Marvel round 2 9/10. Once Loki uses his clairvoyance during prep, he can tell his teammates & with Ultron on board, Marvel has a lot of brain power to work with during prep. Loki can go get the Norn Stones during prep & further amp himself. Blue Devil is high street, the rest of the names are impressive though. Also like I said, Loki can still hide them & create a lot of high level illusions that have even fooled the All Father.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: LOL. Blue Devil, high street? Blue Devil is capable of time travel, for one. He one-shotted a power-drunk Enchantress and fought Eclipso. When he came to hell, Neron (f***ing Neron) was like "...Oh. Him? Really? That... sucks." And, using his trident which is specifically for killing demons, stalemated Etrigan until he finally pushed him into the core of hell itself, which completely annihilated Etrigan for... a few seconds. Then he came back as a baby guy and immediately started growing back to full size.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl:

1. Fair enough I will post you some scans once I reach home and will allow you to make your own Judgement.

2. Even if they are occupied given both Brb and Ultron are capable of huge Aoe attack catching a breather from there opppnents long enough to have a lightning or energy attack aimed on the ground.

Besides Ultron does normally try and take over the whole hacking computers while fighting Avengers. Multi tasking is pretty much his thing.

3. Ultron vs Atros should be fun debating then let's see if we can get each other to convince otherwise. I honestly see Ultron as a good but superior.

4. Presuming you are talking about WW3 Mm had him frozen helpless long enough to Billy to change his password.

I might have to go recheck but from what I recall Brainwave mind controlled BA into yelling out Shazam to transform him back to Teth. I will verify when I reach home in few (like 4 ) hrs.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Joygirl

@killemall:

1. Okay.

2. As I said, I'm not as familiar with Ultron as I could be.

3. I'm getting exhausted; been out of the debating game for a while now and I've had to fight everyone else in this thread. :P

4. Billy had already changed his password. It had him frozen for long enough for Billy to call the lightning down on him.

Dondave showed me two scans of Adam being TP'd, the Brainwave one was just a mind-read. The other was Dr. Psycho who got him to sucker-punch Superman -- he did it immediately and then got control of himself again and was, again, like "You little s***, how dare you!"

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@lukehero: LOL. Blue Devil, high street? Blue Devil is capable of time travel, for one. He one-shotted a power-drunk Enchantress and fought Eclipso. When he came to hell, Neron (f***ing Neron) was like "...Oh. Him? Really? That... sucks." And, using his trident which is specifically for killing demons, stalemated Etrigan until he finally pushed him into the core of hell itself, which completely annihilated Etrigan for... a few seconds. Then he came back as a baby guy and immediately started growing back to full size.

Seriously? I need to take him out of this battle I have going on then.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Joygirl

@lukehero: Yeah, Blue Devil is a high-tier DC magic character, he should be compared with people like Shazam and Alan Scott. He hasn't been street level in AGES.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheTruthIII
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Killemall

@joygirl said:

@killemall:

1. Okay.

2. As I said, I'm not as familiar with Ultron as I could be.

Alright lets answer 1 and 2 together and you can tell me how you think Ultron's power compares with Atros or any of Slaughter League, coz i for one think Ultron is vastly superior to any individual members, in fact the whole Slaughter league would struggle to deal with Ultron alone, but i will let you be the judge. Feel free to disagree though, without disagreement where's the fun :p

Avengers # 67: Ultron one shots Avengers, the only one here who is a heavy weight is Thor, and simply leaves.

Avengers # 68: Had Avengers helpless with all but 1 move, but decides to let them live.

Fantastic Four # 150: Ultron easily overpowers a team of Avengers + Fantastic Four + Inhumans, all with 1 move again, before he is beaten by a living walking plot device named Franklin Richards.

Avengers # 161: Defeats Avengers yet again, but this time Thor isnt there. The only guy there comparable to Thor is Wonder Man and to some extent Iron Man.

Avengers # 162: This time Thor gets involved too, so the team has 2 big hitters Thor and Wonder Man, and should i say a medium hitter in form of Iron Man. Result, Avengers stark helpless. Ultron however is defeated with a plot again, Iron Man threats to destroy Jacosta (a robot Ultron just created to be his bride based on the brain pattern of his mom, Janet, Ultron has some serious issue) if Ultron doesnt leave, and Ultron in order to save Jacosta leaves.

You can also see Avengers struggling to even hurt Ultron, despite having heavy hitter like Thor. I do not know if Atros could do better.

Avengers # 171: This time an extended Avengers roster face Ultron, with the team consisting of bigger hitters in form of Thor, Ms Marvel, Iron Man, Wonder Man and Vision (alongside fodders). Avengers are helpless , they cant hurt him, Ultron can do a lot of damage to them however and would have obviously lost, but then Wanda manages to use her hax to disrupt Ultron internal circuit which cracks his armor from inside, Thor then proceeds to drain him. Now i suppose Etrigan could likely do that, but Thor makes it clear without him absorbing the energy everyone there would have died because of the blast. Thor has to fully concentrate to absorb the blast on his hammer then redirect it, which blows up in the sky that is able to light up half of the world, shows how much power Ultron is packing.

Now this are fairly old, lets look at more recent versions.

Avengers Vol 3 # 22: Ultron has Avengers helpless against him before he is defeated by plot again, this time its anti-metal.

Just to cover the context, Avengers had just finished fighting an army of Ultron drones and hence were tired, but the issue makes it pretty clearly that even if they were rested they wouldnt have a chance.

No Caption Provided

Mighty Avengers Vol 1 # 3: Ultron fights Sentry and while he (she?? , it??) is holding his own against Sentry is simultaneously hacking the entire shield computer.

Mighty Avengers Vol 1 # 05: Ultron fights an bloodlusted Sentry (Ultron just killed his wife right infront of him) who is on the verge of Voiding out (notice the black eye and change in energy patter in the first page), not only hold her own against Sentry, but temporarily get the better of Sentry and drops him into a river, then proceed to stomp Wonder Man.

Ultron is defeated finally when voided Sentry comes back and attack her from outside, while she is simultaneous attacked from inside her body by Ares and a virus given to Ares.

So rather than give you one or 2 scans i have given you quite a bit of it, have a look, read through and you can make your own judgement about Ultron's power.

I would love to hear how you think Ultron will fare against Slaughter league.

Funny part is everyone seem to think either Juggernaut or Loki will be the MVP when someone like Ultron is present in the team.

3. I'm getting exhausted; been out of the debating game for a while now and I've had to fight everyone else in this thread. :P

Come on you can do this.. have faith.. grown some lady balls?? i dont know.. sth sth along the lines :p

4. Billy had already changed his password. It had him frozen for long enough for Billy to call the lightning down on him.

Dondave showed me two scans of Adam being TP'd, the Brainwave one was just a mind-read. The other was Dr. Psycho who got him to sucker-punch Superman -- he did it immediately and then got control of himself again and was, again, like "You little s***, how dare you!"

Fair enough for the first part.

Ignore the second, i got the event mixed up. Black Adam and Brainwave were working together (as opposed to Captain Marvel and Brainwave) and it was Captain Marvel who was mind controlled not Black Adam. I just got that thing mixed up..

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always imagined Ghost Rider and a Hulk being on a Marvel counterpart to the Slaughter League...

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always imagined Ghost Rider and a Hulk being on a Marvel counterpart to the Slaughter League...

Well he did a good job not including Ghost Rider, that character is just incredible hard to argue against.

Immune to physical attack, with only weakness being magic, anyone apart from Etrigan would be stark helpless against him.

Ghost Rider isnt meant for a battle forum unless against a user of Dark Magic :p

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: That is some damn impressive showings for Ultron, I'm very impressed.

It's worth noting that Thor is the only real heavy-hitter that is valid as a feat here. Ignoring the fact that Thor was probably jobbing (and he probably was), Atros seems to be a bit more durable than Thor (he had his heart removed and was like "ow" and also endured a sustained, combined attack from every single Red Lantern that wasn't him).

Also worth noting is that Atros has omni-one-shotted as well, he did it to the entire Red Lantern Corps. He demanded they all kill him, they did their damnedest and collectively failed, and then he was like "okay enough" and promptly owned them all at once.

While I'm unsure how Ultron would be dealt with in straight-out combat, if anti-metal is able to affect him then Lobo will know it. Not only will he know it, he can tell the team, and Etrigan may be able to work up some sort of spell to rust him or whatever.

In a straight-out Atros vs. Ultron brawl I'm not entirely sure how the battle would go. I don't think Atros would get one-shotted because he's dealt with some pretty nasty hits in his day. It's equally possible that either his attacks would fail to harm Ultron, or his arcane plasma would melt through him. It would "depend on the writer," so to speak.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fatherchaos said:

Well he did a good job not including Ghost Rider, that character is just incredible hard to argue against.

Immune to physical attack, with only weakness being magic, anyone apart from Etrigan would be stark helpless against him.

Ghost Rider isnt meant for a battle forum unless against a user of Dark Magic :p

Atros has blood magic and Adam has divine lightning, sooo....

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Killemall

@joygirl: You would consider Vision and Wonder Man a heavy hitter, how about Ms Marvel ,come on girl power lol. I dont know, while i cant say much in regards to Atros, because i have fallen behind significantly on Red Lantern run, Vision is actually a serious powerhouse, he has defeated Hyperion (Marvel version of Superman, or say Superman on down syndrom) twice before, fought the whole Avengers roster and got a better of them, defeated Iron Man in 3 different battles etc.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Joygirl

@killemall: Vision was ripped in half by She-Hulk. >.> Wonder Man got trounced by Green Goblin's punkin bombz. <.<

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@killemall: Vision was ripped in half by She-Hulk. >.> Wonder Man got trounced by Green Goblin's punkin bombz.

She Hulk when she went savage. During HOM, thanks to working out for 3 months in human form she was actually stronger than Hercules and Beta Ray Bill, in normal form.

I do not know about Goblin bomb but that sounds like low balling :p

Atrocitus got stomped by Guy Gardner, nearly killed too :p. But meh goblin bomb is probably even less powerful. Low showings vs Low Showing Atrocs does have better :p

Also you just said Thor was likely jobbing despite that fact that Thor was involved in 6 different fight, with all same results :p... sounds a bit biased..

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: I didn't pursue the fact that he was likely jobbing, but he was still probably jobbing. An attack that defeats Thor should atomize whatever street-levelers were there. Considering that they're still alive, it's pretty sturdy evidence to the fact that the plot was dictating that "Ultron beats the Avengers here."

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Atros's blood magic and Adam's lightning ain't sh!t on Blaze's omnipotent universe-busting Penance Stare that can one-shot TOAA. #omnipotentpenancestare

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

Atros has blood magic and Adam has divine lightning, sooo....

Neither of those are related directly to heaven or hell.

Ghost Rider has fought and defeated Dr. Strange whose all about magic, Mephisto who is likewise, Blackheart , heck whole bunch of hell lord and dark mages.

Its just things tied to his version of hell and hell, blessed with special power, can not only hurt by outright depower him.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fatherchaos: I'm merely rebuffing the statement that they don't have magic-based attacks. They do.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@killemall: I didn't pursue the fact that he was likely jobbing, but he was still probably jobbing. An attack that defeats Thor should atomize whatever street-levelers were there. Considering that they're still alive, it's pretty sturdy evidence to the fact that the plot was dictating that "Ultron beats the Avengers here."

Despite Ultron repeatedly saying he wants Avengers to live to see the death of mankind? :p

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

Despite Ultron repeatedly saying he wants Avengers to live to see the death of mankind? :p

Mmm, irrelevant. You said he used a single omnidirectional attack. You can't decide how much damage a single attack does to separate individual characters. If it hurts Thor, Hawkeye gets erased. Simple as that. So either Hawkeye took the super-pill from Injustice or Thor was jobbing.