The Outlaws (Marvel) vs The Loners

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

Marvel's Outlaws (Sandman, Will o' the Wisp, Rocket Racer, Puma, and Prowler)

vs

The Loners (or at least some of them: Turbo, Phil Urich, Ricochet, Darkhawk, Lightspeed)

Battle takes place in a depopulated Chinatown in NYC, starting at 20'. Win by any means except BFR.

Morals on, and in character, for the Outlaws (note that this is late-80s, Avengers-wanna-be Sandman), and morals off, but otherwise in character, for the Loners.

Versions/equipment: The Outlaws are late-80s versions from when they were in the Outlaws. Turbo, Ricochet, Darkhawk, and Lightspeed are at the power levels they had when they founded the Loners. Urich has his full Hobgoblin equipment and powers.

Who wins and why?

The Outlaws (EXCEPT NO SPIDEY OR SILVER SABLE)
The Outlaws (EXCEPT NO SPIDEY OR SILVER SABLE)

The Loners (EXCEPT PHIL HAS HIS GOBLIN STUFF)
The Loners (EXCEPT PHIL HAS HIS GOBLIN STUFF)

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

outlaws probably

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pooty

Pros and Cons of using little known characters:

Pros: it brings new blood to the forums and promotes interest in little known characters.

Cons: few knows who they are. that is why they are little known characters lol

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really see how the Loners have much of a chance here.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 owie  Moderator

I should note that I was ambiguous when I originally said Phil has his "Goblin" equipment in the OP. I meant his Hobgoblin, not Green Goblin equipment. So he has his flaming sword and his goblin bats, bombs, etc.

@pooty said:

Pros and Cons of using little known characters:

Pros: it brings new blood to the forums and promotes interest in little known characters.

Cons: few knows who they are. that is why they are little known characters lol

I hear you! :) Ah, the struggle I deal with in every battle I think of. What can I say, I come down on the side of using obscure characters and getting three comments on my threads.

I don't really see how the Loners have much of a chance here.

Well, the biggest difficulty is Sandman. He's an interesting case, because in the comics he gets beaten constantly, whereas in the forums he's fairly unbeatable by any streetlevelish characters. Which I can understand, but I think to a degree his stupidity and ability to get tricked/caught ought to be taken into account. Remember that he's morals on and in character here. He's been trapped in containers before, had his grains of sand blown around, he's been fused by lightning. Darkhawk (while in the Loners) actually destroyed an Ultron with his chest blast, so it's reasonable to me that he could possibly fuse Sandman. Turbo could possibly use her fans to blow his grains far apart enough to keep him from recombining. Phil Urich could possibly use his Lunatic Laugh to disorient/disable him. This is not to say they would definitely beat him, but I think they have a reasonable chance.

Otherwise:

A morals-off Lightspeed could fly up to Puma, Prowler, or Rocket Racer, fly up in the sky, and drop them to their deaths. Let's say Puma. He obviously could claw her on the way up, but again he's morals on, he's not going to kill her. Plus when she was in Loners she evidenced a forcefield while flying.

Turbo vs Rocket Racer? I could conceivably see RR winning, but generally I'd give this to Turbo. She's faster and a 20 tonner, with 100-ton punches. He's also got a rocket punch, but her armor can take it. Her winds could knock him down easily, while she could dodge his rockets.

Ricochet vs Prowler? Could go either way. Prowler is probably more experienced, but Ricochet is superhumanly agile, with a danger sense.

Will O the Wisp vs Darkhawk: Will is hard to beat. He can go intangible, and can hypnotize. But he generally can't hypnotize while in the middle of battle. While intangible, he can attack by materializing multiple arms and creating electric shocks, but probably not enough to hurt Darkhawk. So he'd have to become super-dense to attack. He's about as fast and strong as Spider-Man, but personally I would guess Darkhawk would be too much for him, and would defeat him when he is in this hyper-dense state.

Which would leave us with Sandman vs Phil. Phil might take him out with his laugh, then have Darkhawk come along after to fuse him solid.

This is not to say that the Loners automatically win. I can come up with other strategies for the Outlaws to win. But I think the Loners have a chance.

And of course, if they're smart, both teams would use area attacks, and not fight one on one. Sandman would launch a sandstorm on everyone, Prowler would use his knockout gas or smoke cartridges, and Rocket Racer would use his rockets. Phil would use his laugh on the entire Outlaws, Turbo would use her winds to blow them all down, and Darkhawk could strafe the whole area with his energy attacks. But even in this scenario, I think the Loners have the advantage, except for Sandman. And I think they can at least arguably beat Sandman if they're lucky.