Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

The Disir
vs
Valkyrie, Dani Moonstar in Valkyrie mode, Acroyear, Black Tarantula, Lizard, Silver Samurai, Black Knight, Grendel Prime, Lady Deathstrike, Kit Fisto, Spiral

Round 1:
--The Disir are in their current version as Hela's Valkyries, freed from Bor's blood curse and assumedly (we don't have a lot of evidence on this) easier to kill than they were when they were under the curse.  They cannot use any magic spells.  They are armed and armored as usual.
--Val is standard, with Dragonfang.  Dani is in her recent valkyrie mode, with her sword and armor (no horse).  Acroyear (Micronauts) has his energy sword.  Black Tarantula is standard, with all powers.  Lizard is at his best.  Silver Samurai has his armor and katana.  Black Knight has his normal armor and the Ebony Blade.  Grendel Prime has his laser sword.  Lady Deathstrike is at her best.  Kit Fisto has his lightsaber, but cannot use the force at all.  Spiral has six swords, and can teleport, but cannot use any magic.

Round 2:
--The Disir are in their previous version as cannibalistic undead, and are under Bor's curse.  No spell-use.  They must stay in their humanoid forms.  They are armed and armored as usual.
--Same rules for the team as in round 1.

Round 3:
--The Disir are under their blood curse, and have transformed into their demonic ghost forms
--Same rules for the team as round 1, except that Kit Fisto can use the force in any way he desires, and Spiral can use her magic.

Can the team beat the Disir in any round?  Why or why not?

EDIT: Battle takes place on the fields of Valhalla, starting 10' apart.  No morals for any character.

The Disir:

Round 1: Hela's Valkyries
Round 1: Hela's Valkyries

Round 2: Cannibal warriors
Round 2: Cannibal warriors

Round 3: Demon forms
Round 3: Demon forms

The Team:

Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Dani as a Valkyrie
Dani as a Valkyrie

Acroyear
Acroyear

Black Tarantula
Black Tarantula

Lizard
Lizard

Silver Samurai
Silver Samurai

Black Knight
Black Knight

Grendel Prime
Grendel Prime

Lady Deathstrike
Lady Deathstrike

Kit Fisto
 Kit Fisto

Spiral
Spiral
Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Greendevil

how many are the Desir? cuz even at their weakest point, they are at Valkyries level right? So who on team 2 is above Val? Spiral and Fisto maybe. IDK Acroyear, but the rest are below Val imo.

Round 1 idk yet

Round 2 and 3 imo Desir cuz them is the shit!!!

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jeanroygrant

Disir win every round. The Disir were to much trouble for Thor at a point. If i remember correctly, it was Hela too who had trouble.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By owie  Moderator
@Greendevil said:

how many are the Desir? cuz even at their weakest point, they are at Valkyries level right? So who on team 2 is above Val? Spiral and Fisto maybe. IDK Acroyear, but the rest are below Val imo.

Round 1 idk yet

There are currently 11 Disir.  So they're matched up one-on-one.  Their exact strength isn't really shown, but they could probably be assumed to be around Val's level.  Acroyear's strength isn't exactly known but is probably 10-30 tons.  You're right that they're almost all weaker than the Disir, but some others are also super strong to some extent: Black Tarantula (25 tons), Dani Moonstar (although I don't think she's shown off her strength, she's been described as being charged with new power when she turns into her valkyrie form, so she's probably around Val), Lizard (14+ tons), Grendel Prime (maybe 10 tons).   Generally speaking I see this as a sword fight, not something won by strength.

Plus some of the team's skill levels may be higher (arguably Valkyrie, Black Knight, Silver Samurai, Fisto, Leady Deathstrike), and some have healing factors (Tarantula, Lizard, and Deathstrike).  Plus, several have magic/powered weapons that could hurt them:Val with Dragonfang, Dani's sword is magic, Acroyear's sword is an energy sword, Silver Samurai's sword can cut anything, so can Black Knight's and it also banishes magic, Grendel Prime has a laser sword, Kit Fisto has a light saber.  Plus Black Tarantula has eye beams.

Which is not to say the team will win.  The Disir are hard core.  I just think the team would take out at least some of them, at least in round 1, and probably some in round 2.

@jeanroygrant said:

Disir win every round. The Disir were to much trouble for Thor at a point. If i remember correctly, it was Hela too who had trouble.

True, although those were situations where it was a group against one.  And arguably they are less powerful now.  And in some ways, the team has weapons that are better suited to chopping them up.  Not putting down Mjolnir, it's just not a chopping weapon, and I don't think they could defend against a lightsaber, for instance.
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Owie said:

@Greendevil said:

Round 1 idk yet

There are currently 11 Disir. So they're matched up one-on-one. Their exact strength isn't really shown, but they could probably be assumed to be around Val's level. Acroyear's strength isn't exactly known but is probably 10-30 tons. You're right that they're almost all weaker than the Disir, but some others are also super strong to some extent: Black Tarantula (25 tons), Dani Moonstar (although I don't think she's shown off her strength, she's been described as being charged with new power when she turns into her valkyrie form, so she's probably around Val), Lizard (14+ tons), Grendel Prime (maybe 10 tons). Generally speaking I see this as a sword fight, not something won by strength.

Plus some of the team's skill levels may be higher (arguably Valkyrie, Black Knight, Silver Samurai, Fisto, Leady Deathstrike), and some have healing factors (Tarantula, Lizard, and Deathstrike). Plus, several have magic/powered weapons that could hurt them:Val with Dragonfang, Dani's sword is magic, Acroyear's sword is an energy sword, Silver Samurai's sword can cut anything, so can Black Knight's and it also banishes magic, Grendel Prime has a laser sword, Kit Fisto has a light saber. Plus Black Tarantula has eye beams.

Which is not to say the team will win. The Disir are hard core. I just think the team would take out at least some of them, at least in round 1, and probably some in round 2.

@jeanroygrant said:

True, although those were situations where it was a group against one. And arguably they are less powerful now. And in some ways, the team has weapons that are better suited to chopping them up. Not putting down Mjolnir, it's just not a chopping weapon, and I don't think they could defend against a lightsaber, for instance.

I guess

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Greendevil

@Owie said:

@Greendevil said:

Round 1 idk yet

There are currently 11 Disir. So they're matched up one-on-one. Their exact strength isn't really shown, but they could probably be assumed to be around Val's level. Acroyear's strength isn't exactly known but is probably 10-30 tons. You're right that they're almost all weaker than the Disir, but some others are also super strong to some extent: Black Tarantula (25 tons), Dani Moonstar (although I don't think she's shown off her strength, she's been described as being charged with new power when she turns into her valkyrie form, so she's probably around Val), Lizard (14+ tons), Grendel Prime (maybe 10 tons). Generally speaking I see this as a sword fight, not something won by strength.

Plus some of the team's skill levels may be higher (arguably Valkyrie, Black Knight, Silver Samurai, Fisto, Leady Deathstrike), and some have healing factors (Tarantula, Lizard, and Deathstrike). Plus, several have magic/powered weapons that could hurt them:Val with Dragonfang, Dani's sword is magic, Acroyear's sword is an energy sword, Silver Samurai's sword can cut anything, so can Black Knight's and it also banishes magic, Grendel Prime has a laser sword, Kit Fisto has a light saber. Plus Black Tarantula has eye beams.

Which is not to say the team will win. The Disir are hard core. I just think the team would take out at least some of them, at least in round 1, and probably some in round 2.

@jeanroygrant said:

True, although those were situations where it was a group against one. And arguably they are less powerful now. And in some ways, the team has weapons that are better suited to chopping them up. Not putting down Mjolnir, it's just not a chopping weapon, and I don't think they could defend against a lightsaber, for instance.

I agree, this will be sword fight in round 1 and not strength.

the Disir are a team, and has been for X amount of years. They have fighting skills older than Odin, deff older than Thor. They all have Asgardian weapons. And its 11 of them. I think they have round 1 as well,

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By robertloucksjr

Didn't Loki wipe out a bunch of these Disir?

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By robertloucksjr

@Greendevil: Strength matters in a sword fight. you might not be strong enough to block a sword slash from someone much stronger than you. You also might not be strong enough to turn parry a lunge. The could also lock blades with you and throw you into something. If you are limited to physically dodging the opposing blade rather than parrying it, and your opponent is not, you are severely at a disadvantage.

Disir all rounds.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By owie  Moderator
@robertloucksjr said:

Didn't Loki wipe out a bunch of these Disir?

Yes, I was going to point that out.  He soloed all 11 Disir.   Also, when Hela gave the New Mutants some magic weapons, they were able to beat the Disir fairly quickly.  So I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for this team to win.  I'd also agree that strength does matter somewhat in a swordfight, so some members of the team may be at a disadvantage because of that.

@Greendevil said:

I agree, this will be sword fight in round 1 and not strength.

the Disir are a team, and has been for X amount of years. They have fighting skills older than Odin, deff older than Thor. They all have Asgardian weapons. And its 11 of them. I think they have round 1 as well,

I also agree that the Disir are a team that has fought together for millennia and have a lot of teamwork, which is a definite plus for their side.  But, if the New Mutants can beat them, and Loki on his own can beat them, then this team has a chance.  Loki is actually a pretty good swordfighter, but I don't think I'd put him above Val.

Also, for round 3, remember that Kit Fisto (using EU version) is going to have a fair amount of Force power, including being super-fast, and more importantly, Spiral is a fairly powerful sorceress, capable of soloing two teams of Avengers and the X-Men at various points (although I don't have scans for this), and also ensorcelling a weakened Rachel Summers when she had the Phoenix.

Here's a question for both of you: if you think the Disir take all rounds, how many Disir are going to die before they ultimately win?  Which members of the team would win in a one-on-one matchup against a Disir?  Which team members go down first?
robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By robertloucksjr

Brunhilde is the top Valkyrie as she is a 45 tonner, strongest Valkyrie, and the best female swordsman in Asgard, with Sif being very close 2nd. The Valkyrie are elite and an average Asgardian female is a 250 tonner, so the Disir all should be 30 tonner or above and among their elite warriors. I would expect Dani to be well below Brunhilde (30 tonner?). I think the heroes get killed as most of team is much weaker, much less experienced, less armored, and generally less athletic (quickness/agility/stamina) than the Disir.

Black Knight and Silver Samurai should go down very quickly. Lady Deathstrike and Lizard (bad matchup against swords and spears for him) should not last much longer. Brunhilde is the only one that I think outclasses her opponent and she would be quickly outnumbered.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By owie  Moderator
@robertloucksjr said:

Brunhilde is the top Valkyrie as she is a 45 tonner, strongest Valkyrie, and the best female swordsman in Asgard, with Sif being very close 2nd. The Valkyrie are elite and an average Asgardian female is a 250 tonner, so the Disir all should be 30 tonner or above and among their elite warriors. I would expect Dani to be well below Brunhilde (30 tonner?). I think the heroes get killed as most of team is much weaker, much less experienced, less armored, and generally less athletic (quickness/agility/stamina) than the Disir.

Black Knight and Silver Samurai should go down very quickly. Lady Deathstrike and Lizard (bad matchup against swords and spears for him) should not last much longer. Brunhilde is the only one that I think outclasses her opponent and she would be quickly outnumbered.

Some good points.  Consider that while I agree that strength is a factor in swordfighting as you've said, Deathstrike's adamantium claws, Black Knight's Ebony Blade, Silver Samurai's tachyon sword, Grendel Prime's laser sword, and Kit Fisto's light saber could all arguably cut through the Disir's swords on the first clash of weapons.  All of these swords should basically be able to cut through anything.  So then they're armed and their Disir aren't.  And while they are obviously less experienced in terms of lifespan, Black Knight is supposed to be the greatest living human swordsman, and Fisto's style is one of the best Jedi sword fighters (and from what I read his style works especially well against large groups).  Again I'm not necessarily saying the team wins, but I think they could make a serous dent in the Disir, at least in round 1 and 2.
robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By robertloucksjr

I don't know about the Disir's sword getting cut up. Their swords would be crafted in Asgard and would be elite among that. The Swordsman crossed blades with the Black Knight and his sword (made by Mandarin) did not get cut in half and I doubt it would be better in metallurgy and should have been somewhat weakened by all its extras. Dani's weapon, which I would think would be equivalent to the Disir weapons though Hela might have given her a power up above a normal Valkyrie to compete, went up against Ares, whose weapons are adamantine, equivalent of adamantium, and it did not get cut. I only saw a few scans of the Loki against the Disir fight, but I imagine he used his magic Fire Sword, and I don't remember seeing their swords get broken.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By owie  Moderator
@robertloucksjr said:

I don't know about the Disir's sword getting cut up. Their swords would be crafted in Asgard and would be elite among that. The Swordsman crossed blades with the Black Knight and his sword (made by Mandarin) did not get cut in half and I doubt it would be better in metallurgy and should have been somewhat weakened by all its extras. Dani's weapon, which I would think would be equivalent to the Disir weapons though Hela might have given her a power up above a normal Valkyrie to compete, went up against Ares, whose weapons are adamantine, equivalent of adamantium, and it did not get cut. I only saw a few scans of the Loki against the Disir fight, but I imagine he used his magic Fire Sword, and I don't remember seeing their swords get broken.

It would certainly depend on whether the intent is to cut the swords or not.  It would be a useful strategy on the part of the team, for sure.  The Ebony Blade can cut anything, certainly if he had intended to he could have cut the Swordsman's sword.  Dani's sword is clearly magic in some way, it glows with energy in a way that the Disir's don't.
robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By robertloucksjr

So it can cut through Mjolnir/Destroyer armor/adamantium/Dragon Fang? I always take it with a grain of salt.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By owie  Moderator
@robertloucksjr said:

So it can cut through Mjolnir/Destroyer armor/adamantium/Dragon Fang? I always take it with a grain of salt.

If we put it up against other "indestructible" objects, maybe not.  As far as I know, it hasn't been tested for its limits, and I am actually pretty interested in seeing what happens if it does go against something along those lines.  Who knows.  It cut through Iron Man's Extremis armor easily.  But in the case of normal Asgardian swords, then I would say definitely yes.  Plus, it's especially effective against magic.
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By owie  Moderator

OK, here's another way to put it. Who would win these match-ups, using the Round 2, cannibal undead versions of the Disir:

Brun the Disir vs Valkyrie
Kara the Disir (has a bow) vs Black Tarantula
Hlokk the Disir vs Dani Moonstar
Grondul the Disir vs Kit Fisto
Other Unnamed Disir vs Lizard
Other Unnamed Disir vs Silver Samurai
Other Unnamed Disir vs Grendel Prime
Other Unnamed Disir vs Lady Deathstrike
Other Unnamed Disir vs Spiral
Other Unnamed Disir vs Acroyear
Other Unnamed Disir vs Black Knight
sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sandiego008

Note my knowledge on Disir is limited.

Brun the Disir vs Valkyrie - Valk should take this as I feel she is more skilled

Kara the Disir (has a bow) vs Black Tarantula - kara should take this she seems to be more durable and I feel she is fast enough to avoid eye beams and potentially take the fight to him or just shoot him w/ bow.

Hlokk the Disir vs Dani Moonstar - Dani has a chance at this b/c its hlokk and she is foolish. but I still give her the majority.

Grondul the Disir vs Kit Fisto - Force + lightsabre may prove to be to much ... giving kit slight majority.

Other Unnamed Disir vs Lizard - unsure ... want to go with Disir but healing factor could prove to give lizard the win, but going to disir.

Other Unnamed Disir vs Silver Samurai - He can cut through anything ... nuff said

Other Unnamed Disir vs Grendel Prime - bonafied badass

Other Unnamed Disir vs Lady Deathstrike - not skilled enough

Other Unnamed Disir vs Spiral - skilled enough with teleportation dances and has a high level of skill close enough to win majority

Other Unnamed Disir vs Acroyear - unsure ... if his blade can cut through her blade moonstar wins ... if not hlokk wins. Assuming not cutting through Asgard gear disir.

Other Unnamed Disir vs Black Knight - disir should take this.