Tech Bracket Battle # 7 of 8: Armor (medium power)

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

This is a bracket battle using Medium-Powered Armor.

This is the sixth of eight bracket-style battles involving technology. The first battle was Androids, the second was Low-Powered Robots, the third was Medium-Power Robots, the fourth was High-Powered Robots, the fifth was Cyborgs, and the sixth was Low-Powered Armor. The last will be High-Powered Armor.

They each start out in pairs, battling each other. Once each battle is done, they move on to the next battle, as stipulated by the brackets. The last one is the Big Winner!

Who wins each battle in each round?

These battles take place in an empty American Museum of Natural History. Each fight starts at 15’.

Win by any means. Each participant is completely re-energized and repaired before each new battle. Morals off, but otherwise in character. They will not run out of power or anything like that. They all have all their normal powers/abilities/armaments, EXCEPT THAT NO CHARACTER CAN USE ANY KIND OF "CONTROL METAL" OR "CONTROL TECHNOLOGY" POWERS TO CONTROL OTHER CHARACTERS, OR TO AUTOMATICALLY DRAIN OTHER CHARACTERS' ENERGY, OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. This is about beating each other up and/or outsmarting each other.

Character links/versions:

Boba Fett (EU version; no lightsaber), Steel (current), Armor (current), Witchblade (Sara Pezzini), Force (c lassic), Sunturion (classic), Guardsman (Michael O'Brien), Mach V (current), Doctor Octopus (current pod armor), Syndrome (as of the end of the Incredibles movie), Dr. Doom (current--has all the weapons that are actually part of his standard armor, but no add-on hand-held gadgets or special prep gadgets; NO MAGIC), Batman's anti-Superman armor from the end of The Dark Knight Returns (can't find any good links, sorry...it features strength, durability, sonics, acid, spikes on the feet, and explosives), Terry McGinnis' Batman Beyond armor (TV show version), Darkhawk (standard), Wizard (standard), Turbo (standard).

All armors/characters have their standard weapons.

PLEASE SAY WHO YOU THINK WILL WIN EACH FIGHT IN EACH ROUND! I know not everyone is familiar with every character, it's OK if you have to guess a bit.

The Bracket:

Medium-Power Armor
Medium-Power Armor
Boba Fett
Boba Fett
Steel
Steel
Armor
Armor
Sara Pezzini/Witchblade
Sara Pezzini/Witchblade
Force
Force
Sunturion
Sunturion
Guardsman
Guardsman
Mach V
Mach V
Dr. Octopus
Dr. Octopus
Syndrome
Syndrome
From Namor 33
From Namor 33
Batman's armor in The Dark Knight Returns
Batman's armor in The Dark Knight Returns
Terry McGinnis/Batman Beyond
Terry McGinnis/Batman Beyond
Darkhawk
Darkhawk
Wizard
Wizard
Turbo
Turbo
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By owie  Moderator

Awright then, here's my go at it:
ROUND 1:
Boba Fett vs Steel: Steel's armor is clearly vastly stronger and more durable than Boba's.  Bobs has a wider range of weapons, and more importantly has far higher skills.  I think it's these skills that give him the win; he'd use his disrupter (disintegration) rifle, or, if necessary, his lightsaber to get past Steel's armor.  It would be a tough fight though.

Armor vs Witchblade: This is kind of tough.  Armor's armor is susceptible to lasers, and Wolverine was able to pierce it with his claws.  I don't know if the Witchblade powers could pierce it physically, but Pezzini can also make energy blasts, which could be akin to lasers, and thus able to pierce the armor.  It's mystic origin may also help.  On the other hand, Armor can make energy blasts as well, and her armor is pretty tough.  I think this is touch and go.  I don't know exactly what Sara's blasts are like, so I may be wrong about this.  I'm going to give it to Witchblade.

Force vs Sunturion: Force has pretty good shields and offensive blasts, but Sunturion is really energy and can phase.  That gives him the win.

Guardsman vs Mach V: I am guessing that Guardsman is a more skilled fighter, and is possibly stronger, but MACH-V's overall offensive capacity and tech level is higher, giving him the win.

Doc Ock vs Syndrome: Both are tech geniuses.  Ock has way more feats and experience fighting.  Both are also blinded by their arrogance.  Syndrome however can use his "zero point energy" to freeze Ock in place and then do what he wants to him.

Doom vs Batman!  Doom's armor is more versatile; he has energy blasts and force fields that are above Batman's offensive capabilities (sonics, acid, and explosives).  Both are scientific geniuses, although Doom is (IMO) smarter in this arena and would have a higher level of tech.  Both are strategic geniuses, I don't know who I'd put on top there but possibly Doom.  Batman's tactical genius is superior to Doom's.  Batman is a far superior physical fighter, but this is an old man version of Batman, so the difference is not quite so great.  Partly because of Doom's force field (and flight, I suppose), and partly because he has tanked some major hits from cosmic beings in his armor (Watcher, Thanos), I give this to Doom. But of anyone could beat him, it would be Bats.

Terry vs Darkhawk: Terry's armor has more options and he's a better tactician, but I think he'd have a hard time damaging Darkhawk, and Darkhawk's is just on another level of tech.  DH for the eventual win.

Wizard vs Turbo: They can both create typhoon-like winds.  Both have force fields.  He can shoot energy and has anti gravity disks.  She is way faster, and way stronger, and can hit with even more power.  He's smarter, but not always a smart fighter.  I give it to her for her strength and speed.

ROUND 2:
Boba Fett vs Witchblade: Boba's versatility is now overmatched, even if his skills are not.  Witchblade wins through superior power.
Sunturion vs Mach V: Sunturion has force fields, phasing, and overall better defence, as far as I know.  Sunturion takes it.
Syndrome vs Doom: Even if Syndrome freezes Doom, I'm guessing he can control his armor by thought, without physical movement.  That's just a guess, but it seems probable.  Doom is not going to lose.
Darkhawk vs Turbo: Pretty good fight.  Both are fast, have force fields.  He flies through space, but I don't know if he does interplanetary space travel solo.  I am guessing not?  She can apparently fly up to 5000 mph.  I think she maybe wins this with her superior strength and possible superior speed.  And she can fool with the winds and mess with his flight.

ROUND 3: 
Witchblade vs Sunturion: I'm not sure that Sara could hurt Sunturion.  I think he wins.
Doom vs Turbo: It's arguable that Turbo could beat Doom due to her speed and punching strength.  But it's hard for me to see anyone beating Dr. "I'm going to fight 3 Celestials" Doom (even if he lost quickly).  His force fields are pretty serious, his blasts are pretty strong (enough to put down Molecule Man in a surprise attack), and he has a ton of gadgets.  I don't see her putting him down.

ROUND 4:
Sunturion vs Doom: I find it hard to believe Doom will be put off by Sunturion's energy form.  Whether he actually has the capacity to deal with this, I don't know.  But I think Doom takes it.

This was one of the hardest brackets for me to choose the winners.  I could easily be argued into choosing different winners in a lot of these.