Tech Bracket Battle # 2 of 8: Robots (low power)

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

This is the second of eight bracket-style battles involving technology. The complete set of brackets will also include Medium- and High-Powered Robots, Cyborgs, and three levels of Armor.  The first battle was Androids.

This battle is Low-Powered Robots.

There are many definitions of each of these categories and some characters fit in more than one category. Please don’t bother telling me stuff like “Daleks are really not robots, they’re aliens in a powered suit.” I know, I put them in the robot category anyway!

They each start out in pairs, battling each other. Once each battle is done, they move on to the next battle, as stipulated by the brackets. The last one is the Big Winner!

Who wins each battle in each round?

These battles take place on top of Roden Crater in Arizona. Each fight starts at 15’.

Win by any means. Each participant is completely re-energized and repaired before each new battle. Morals off. They will not run out of power or anything like that.  They all have all their normal powers/abilities/armaments, EXCEPT THAT NO CHARACTER CAN USE ANY KIND OF "CONTROL METAL" OR "CONTROL ROBOTS" POWERS TO CONTROL OTHER CHARACTERS, OR TO AUTOMATICALLY DRAIN OTHER CHARACTERS' ENERGY, OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT.  This is about beating each other up and/or outsmarting each other.

Character links/versions:
 T-X Terminator, General Grievous (expanded universe version, 4 lightsabers), a Dalek (with flying capacity), K.I.T.T. (with full range of all gear he ever had), Preston Stormer (3.0, I know the picture is an earlier version), Machine Man (classic), M-11, E.V.E. (movie), The Living Brain (from Spider-Man #8), Tin Woodman (bloodlusted, with an adamantium axe), Cylon (classic, with blaster), Robotman (Cliff Steele), Ravage (IDW), Jocasta (standard), Kup (IDW), Destroyer Droid (Star Wars, expanded universe version).

The Bracket: 

Robots-Low Power
Robots-Low Power

T-X Terminator
T-X Terminator
General Grievous
General Grievous
Dalek
Dalek
K.I.T.T.
K.I.T.T.
Preston Stormer
Preston Stormer
Machine Man
Machine Man
M-11
M-11
E.V.E.
E.V.E.
The Living Brain
The Living Brain
Tin Woodman
Tin Woodman
Cylon
Cylon
Robotman
Robotman
Ravage
Ravage
Jocasta
Jocasta
Kup
Kup
Destroyer Droid
Destroyer Droid

PLEASE SAY WHO YOU THINK WILL WIN EACH FIGHT IN EACH ROUND! I know not everyone is familiar with every character, it's OK if you have to guess a bit.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2  Edited By owie  Moderator

OK I'm going to bump this and take my shot at it, that usually helps open up the debate a bit.

ROUND 1:

T-X vs Grievous: while I tend to like Grievous, and he's way faster, I think the T-X would give it a run for it's money due to its ability to make all kinds of weapons out of its hands. It can also control machines, but we're not using that kind of power in this battle. I'm fairly split. If it had better distance, I'd go for the T-X, but since they start at 15', Grievous cuts the T-X up.

Dalek vs KITT: TERMINATE! KITT has a variety of weapons and decent armor, and better speed, but the Dalek armor is better, and it has a disintegrator.

Preston Stormer vs Machine Man: I'm going for Machine Man's greater variety of tech/weapons.

M-11 vs EVE: M-11 has a lot going for it, including force fields and self-repair, but EVE's gun knocked over freighters, and she's very fast, so I'm going for her.

Living Brain vs Tin Woodman: While a bloodlusted Tin Woodman has the capacity to be hardcore--he beat various wolves and other enemies in the books--the Living Brain is a super-fast thinker capable of figuring out its opponent's moves and could clobber the Woodman with it's arms. It's also physically fast.

Cylon vs Robotman: Robotman takes this.

Ravage vs Jocasta: Ravage is bigger, faster, and has missiles. Jocasta is strong, has forcefields, energy blasts, and good armor. While Ravage would definitely physically overpower her, her greater intelligence, forcefields, and energy weapons would give her an eventual win.

Kup vs Destroyer Droid: While Kup is a great tactician and carries a laser rifle, the Destroyer Droids are fast, heavily armed, and have excellent force fields. The Droid for the win.

ROUND 2:

Grievous vs Dalek: Grievous has the speed to close and chop the Dalek up.

Machine Man vs EVE: Again I think EVE's speed and massive energy blasts give her the win.

Living Brain vs Robotman: Robotman can probably eventually take out the Living Brain.

Jocasta vs Destroyer Droid: They both feature force fields and energy blasts. It's faster, she's smarter. Ultimately, Jocasta could probably win through smarts.

ROUND 3:

Grievous vs EVE: While it's a little ridiculous, I think EVE wins. She can fly up immediately and shoot Grievous from a distance, eventually beating him.

Robotman vs Jocasta: Jocasta is superior.

ROUND 4:

EVE vs Jocasta: I think EVE uses her flight and speed to avoid Jocasta's energy blasts and eventually beats down her shields.

So EVE is the big winner. As usual I am totally surprised by what I end up with. Before I started I was thinking along the lines of T-X, Grievous, Ravage, or the Destroyer Droid.

Darth_Wayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Bump.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e497e3f11e30
deactivated-5e497e3f11e30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth_Wayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth_Wayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darth_wayne said:
@vegetassgss said:
@darth_wayne said:

Bump.

you just bumped this

great

Why not?

Seems like a piece of work. It was made 4 years ago .

Oh, well it has great matches and I want to know more about KITT, M-11, Robot etc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers