Team Wolverine VS Team Spider-man

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ForeverEvil

Poll Team Wolverine VS Team Spider-man (31 votes)

Team Wolverine 42%
Team Spider-Man 58%

Daken/Cyber/Wolverine

VS

Spider-Man/Daredevil/Scarlet Spider

======================

Rules:

In character

No prep

Standard gear(wolverine has adamantium and HF)

Spiderman is peter

Takes place in New York at midnight and they start off 5 blocks away

• 
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I voted for Wolverine's team. Pheromones are big, and Cyber is gonna be hard to drop if at all.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

I voted for Wolverine's team. Pheromones are big, and Cyber is gonna be hard to drop if at all.

Daken and Wolverine are both inferior to Spider-Man and Scarlet Spider. Sure, they'd put up a fight, but in the end they go down...hard. Daredevil is more than skilled enough to hold his own against Cyber for an extended period of time. Chances are he won't be able to actually injure him, but his agility is key to evading his attacks. Matt's also endured his fair share of damage before.

Moving on to Wolverine, Daken, and Peter and Kaine, the Spiders are superior in almost every way IMO. I see Kaine taking down Daken first since their personalities are ones that tend to clash. Logan has already defeated Daken before, so I don't see Kaine losing in this situation. Peter would take on Wolverine, and should be able to take the victory. Now, I know in past encounters Spider-Man has either made quick work of Logan or had a lot of struggle fighting him, but this fight also takes place in Peter's home turf: New York City. Pheromones shouldn't be too much of a factor either. I recall a brief scuffle between Daken and Spider-Man wherein the pheromones didn't fare that well and Peter was the victor in the particular fight. I'm not sure how it would effect Kaine though, but chances are not too much. He's tanked full-on punches from Ben Reilly (actually Kraven in disguise) while under the influence of a poisonous dart which makes him heavily disorientated and hallucinate. That, and Kraven is at least a two-tonner; a lot more damage than the Logan and Daken can dish out.

Cyber is the physically strongest here (around 10 tonner), but that's not saying much. Wolverine has regularly dodged his blows and defeated him on numerous occasions. Everybody on Team Spider-Man is capable of evading his shots, and webbing is key to Cyber's fall as well. While Kaine will probably get more physical (let's get physical! physical!) and try and take on Cyber head-on, he definitely has the means to do that since he's even faster, stronger, and more brutal than Peter. Given that he does get hit by the brute, he's durable enough to bounce right back from a direct punch from Bruiser, who has fought Hulk briefly before.

No Caption Provided

Peter makes up for his inferior statistics (compared to Kaine) with his experience and his intellect. Spider-Man will most likely be a bit smarter in his fights instead of rushing in like The Scarlet Spider usually does, and be a bit more strategic. For one, he uses his webbing a lot more frequently, hence his swift victory over Wolverine. Second, as previously mentioned, this takes place in New York, where Spider-Man can use the environment to his advantage.

Simply put, the Wolverine Team puts up a fight, but they're outmatched here.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In terms of strength and speed, yes, but they have better damage soak and stamina. I can see a case for the Spiders winning, I just think it's more likely Wolverine's team wins.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Wolverine008

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@tifalockhart said:

Daken and Wolverine are both inferior to Spider-Man and Scarlet Spider. Sure, they'd put up a fight, but in the end they go down...hard. Daredevil is more than skilled enough to hold his own against Cyber for an extended period of time. Chances are he won't be able to actually injure him, but his agility is key to evading his attacks. Matt's also endured his fair share of damage before.

Moving on to Wolverine, Daken, and Peter and Kaine, the Spiders are superior in almost every way IMO. I see Kaine taking down Daken first since their personalities are ones that tend to clash. Logan has already defeated Daken before, so I don't see Kaine losing in this situation. Peter would take on Wolverine, and should be able to take the victory. Now, I know in past encounters Spider-Man has either made quick work of Logan or had a lot of struggle fighting him, but this fight also takes place in Peter's home turf: New York City. Pheromones shouldn't be too much of a factor either. I recall a brief scuffle between Daken and Spider-Man wherein the pheromones didn't fare that well and Peter was the victor in the particular fight. I'm not sure how it would effect Kaine though, but chances are not too much. He's tanked full-on punches from Ben Reilly (actually Kraven in disguise) while under the influence of a poisonous dart which makes him heavily disorientated and hallucinate. That, and Kraven is at least a two-tonner; a lot more damage than the Logan and Daken can dish out.

Cyber is the physically strongest here (around 10 tonner), but that's not saying much. Wolverine has regularly dodged his blows and defeated him on numerous occasions. Everybody on Team Spider-Man is capable of evading his shots, and webbing is key to Cyber's fall as well. While Kaine will probably get more physical (let's get physical! physical!) and try and take on Cyber head-on, he definitely has the means to do that since he's even faster, stronger, and more brutal than Peter. Given that he does get hit by the brute, he's durable enough to bounce right back from a direct punch from Bruiser, who has fought Hulk briefly before.

No Caption Provided

Peter makes up for his inferior statistics (compared to Kaine) with his experience and his intellect. Spider-Man will most likely be a bit smarter in his fights instead of rushing in like The Scarlet Spider usually does, and be a bit more strategic. For one, he uses his webbing a lot more frequently, hence his swift victory over Wolverine. Second, as previously mentioned, this takes place in New York, where Spider-Man can use the environment to his advantage.

Simply put, the Wolverine Team puts up a fight, but they're outmatched here.

The phernomes affected Spider-Man big time during that encounter with Daken. He was severely dazed and could barely coordinate himself. The only reason he didn't die was because Daken avoided several kill shots he had on Peter. Giving Spider-Man time to recover.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By patrat18

Spider team.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@tifalockhart said:

In terms of strength and speed, yes, but they have better damage soak and stamina. I can see a case for the Spiders winning, I just think it's more likely Wolverine's team wins.

But that's the thing: physical damage isn't the only means of victory here. In character, Daredevil can hold his own against anyone on Wolverine's team, and can at least serve as a major distraction. Kaine and Peter both have webbing, and while Kaine doesn't use it as much, he makes it up for his superior stats. Scarlet Spider has also been in a brief skirmish with the X-Men before, and, in a fight, bested Wolverine. Although Logan did know of Kaine's situation (somewhat), it didn't feel like Wolverine was holding back because he was super pissed when Kaine stabbed him in his heart.

Also, durability isn't too much of a factor when Wolverine's team is bested in terms of speed by a bit more than a small margin. As seen above, Kaine doesn't get tagged that many times (even grazing blows to make the battle more convincing). Peter has also fought a pretty determined Wolverine before, and barely got tagged. Granted he went with his full strength punches which merely fazed Logan, Spider-Man still has the option of his webbing to subdue both the clawed combatants.

Even if Peter and Logan do get locked in a stalemate, I'm very confident that Kaine would take a majority over Daken to help overwhelm Wolverine. From there, Cyber is dead meat.

The phernomes affected Spider-Man big time during that encounter with Daken. He was severely dazed and could barely coordinate himself. The only reason he didn't die was because Daken avoided several kill shots he had on Peter. Giving Spider-Man time to recover.

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. Still, with the higher possibility of Kaine duking it out with Daken, I see the son of Wolverine getting put down.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That's one way to look at it. The other is that Spider-Man, when he ignored his other senses and focused solely on Spider-Sense, put Daken down like a pouty child. Granted, Kaine has no Spider-Sense...and therefore no real defence against pheromones...but then again....neither does the rest of Daken's team. It would be a bad play for him to bring out the pheromones in this case. It takes out everyone except him and Spidey...and Spidey knows about the pheromones this time.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

That's one way to look at it. The other is that Spider-Man, when he ignored his other senses and focused solely on Spider-Sense, put Daken down like a pouty child. Granted, Kaine has no Spider-Sense...and therefore no real defence against pheromones...but then again....neither does the rest of Daken's team. It would be a bad play for him to bring out the pheromones in this case. It takes out everyone except him and Spidey...and Spidey knows about the pheromones this time.

I actually wasn't saying Team Wolverine 1 wins this just to clear that up. Was just noting that Spider-Man didn't shrug off phernomes in that fight with Daken like they were nothing. Eh, Daken's use of phernomes has dropped so severely at this point that I don't even think it can be considered in character for him to use them. Oh yeah, phernomes wouldn't actually take out Wolverine. Daken dropped huge dose of them on Wolverine during their final fight in Uncanny X-Force where Wolverine killed him. Logan just pushed through them to get to Daken.

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Wolverine maybe