Team from LOST vs Street-level comic heroes

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

Sayid Jarrah, Ben Linus, Martin Keamy, Mikhail Bakunin, and John Locke (real, not the Man in Black)

vs

Hit Girl (movie), Red Hood (new-52), Comedian, Dwight McCarthy (Sin City), Stephanie Brown (as Batgirl, pre-new 52)

Both teams have an assortment of pistols, assault rifles, knives, swords, and shrapnel grenades to use, if they so choose. Ben Linus also has his telescoping rod. Stephanie Brown has a standard utility belt and her staff. Keamy and Bakunin have bulletproof vests, the Comic Team have their standard costumes/body armor.

The battle takes place on The Island, in the town of New Otherton. The Lost Team has set up a base there, and the Comic Team is attacking.

Both teams have information on the other's abilities and history, and have 1 day of prep to make tactics. The Lost Team can make basic traps, etc. during that time, but cannot utilize any other special characteristics of the Island (no Smoke Monster, etc.). Ben is leading the Lost Team, Red Hood is leading the Comic Team.

Can the Comics Team successfully invade and defeat the Lost Team? Or will the Lost Team repel their attack? Win by death, KO, or incapacitation of all members of the opposing team. They are in character. How do you see this going down?

LOST Team

Sayid Jarrah
Sayid Jarrah
Ben Linus
Ben Linus
Martin Keamy
Martin Keamy
Mikhail Bakunin
Mikhail Bakunin
John Locke
John Locke

Comic Team

Hit Girl
Hit Girl
Red Hood
Red Hood
The Comedian
The Comedian
Dwight McCarthy
Dwight McCarthy
Stephanie Brown
Stephanie Brown
crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By crackerjack82

Comic Team, Red hood is nasty, Comedian will get a few laughs

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cattlebattle

Locke solos

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jeanroygrant

@cattlebattle said:

Locke solos

lol...Looks at picture see's creepy looking old man with a dagger and gun!

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sandiego008

@jeanroygrant said:

@cattlebattle said:

Locke solos

lol...Looks at picture see's creepy looking old man with a dagger and gun!

only seen 2-3 episodes of lost ... man seems to be a bonafide bad ass. However ... hit girl and various others from comic team IMO shine more ... again my lost knowledge is non-existent at best.

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hit Girl, Batgirl, or Red Hood could solo.

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Unless it's Locke when he got possessed by the Man in Black or whatever.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By owie  Moderator

@The Man of Yesteryear said:

Unless it's Locke when he got possessed by the Man in Black or whatever.

Normal Locke.

Remember though, we're talking about both teams having prep, and the Lost Team is on familiar ground, and has the advantage of defense.

Ben is pretty top-of-the-line when it comes to using prep. Mikhail, Locke, and Sayid are pretty resourceful. Keamy and Mikhail are both guys that are almost impossible to permanently beat down. Sayid, Mikhail, and Keamy are all h2h and gun experts. Even scrawny Ben is a tough guy, able to take down 3 mujahideen-types with AK-47s using only his expandable rod! They've almost all got years of combat experience. While I agree that some of the Comic Team are probably above the Lost Team in H2H skills, I'm not sure the Comic Team can even get close enough to make this a fight without the Lost Team sniping them from windows or something.

I can see the Comic Team winning, but what's their strategy? (For those who don't know, New Otherton is a small town of mostly one-story houses in a clearing in the middle of the jungle. The Lost characters are all very familiar with the ins and outs of this location.)

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By buttersdaman000

Comic team stomp. 
Take out Stephanie, Jason, and maybe Hit-Girl, add some more realistic characters, then you got yourself a decent fight. 

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By owie  Moderator

I think it's important to consider the scenario in this case. I probably need to spell this out better, but New Otherton is in a clearing, and the tree line is probably 50' to 100' away. So the intent is that the defense has a decent advantage here, from my perspective. This is why the Comic Team had to have pretty good members--they have to basically run through a 50-100' clear line of fire, while the defense can stay hidden in various houses etc. in the town. All the Lost Team members are good shots. So I think if the Comic Team is going to win, I'd like to hear some specific ways that's going to happen.

Here are some skills/feats for the Lost Team, since now that I think about it the average user here may be kind of young to have watched it:

Ben, as I mentioned before, took out 3 mujahideen guys ON HORSEBACK, each with AK-47s, armed only with a 2 foot metal rod. He murdered his way through tons of people, including his own father and every member of the Dharma Initiative (including women and children), everyone on board a freighter, Jacob, the godlike protector of the island, Widmore, Keamy, and Locke--all despite being such a small guy. He was able to survive Sayid's torture without cracking. He is an absolute king of prep--I'd put him up against almost anyone in comics for strategy. He has also been shown to be able to take a beating like nobody's business.

Mikhail is infamous for getting "killed" (by a sonic-energy fence, by a harpoon in the chest) but always coming back. He was a Soviet soldier in Afghanistan. He is so hard core he blew himself up with a grenade to get at the heroes. He was willing to shoot a confederate of his in order to keep a secret on two occasions, so he will do anything to achieve his mission. He is skilled in technology and field medicine. He is very good at h2h and armed combat.

All the "Others"--including Ben and Mikhail--are so stealthy they can abduct someone from a line of people walking within 5' of each other in the jungle and the rest of the people in the line don't even notice it happened. They are all highly skilled at guerilla warfare and survival in the wilderness. They are almost supernaturally fast and accurate while fighting.

Sayid is a former member of the Iraqi Republican Guard and a professional torturer. He worked as an assassin after leaving the island. He is highly skilled at h2h and armed combat. He is skilled with technology. He beat the martial arts master Dogen and mostly beat Keamy. He shot an 11(?)-year-old Ben in the chest in cold blood, so he is also very willing to do anything it takes.

Keamy is a former marine who was involved in atrocities in Uganda. He personally killed several people on his team, including his ship's captain and doctor, and his team killed multiple Others, a difficult task. He also killed Ben's daughter in cold blood. Once again we have a guy willing to do anything to win. He survived an attack by the Smoke Monster that killed the rest of his men. He's a pretty hardcore guy.

Locke is extremely accurate with throwing knives and a great tracker and hunter. Locke actually has less dramatic combat feats than the others, but did his fair share of fighting and killing.

I'm not saying this to say they're necessarily better than the Comic Team, just to fill in a bit for those who aren't Lost fans, and to point out that they are completely capable of setting up a pretty good ambush scenario for when the Comic Team attacks.

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By TheWitchingHour

@Owie said:

I think it's important to consider the scenario in this case. I probably need to spell this out better, but New Otherton is in a clearing, and the tree line is probably 50' to 100' away. So the intent is that the defense has a decent advantage here, from my perspective. This is why the Comic Team had to have pretty good members--they have to basically run through a 50-100' clear line of fire, while the defense can stay hidden in various houses etc. in the town. All the Lost Team members are good shots. So I think if the Comic Team is going to win, I'd like to hear some specific ways that's going to happen.

Here are some skills/feats for the Lost Team, since now that I think about it the average user here may be kind of young to have watched it:

Ben, as I mentioned before, took out 3 mujahideen guys ON HORSEBACK, each with AK-47s, armed only with a 2 foot metal rod. He murdered his way through tons of people, including his own father and every member of the Dharma Initiative (including women and children), everyone on board a freighter, Jacob, the godlike protector of the island, Widmore, Keamy, and Locke--all despite being such a small guy. He was able to survive Sayid's torture without cracking. He is an absolute king of prep--I'd put him up against almost anyone in comics for strategy. He has also been shown to be able to take a beating like nobody's business.

Mikhail is infamous for getting "killed" (by a sonic-energy fence, by a harpoon in the chest) but always coming back. He was a Soviet soldier in Afghanistan. He is so hard core he blew himself up with a grenade to get at the heroes. He was willing to shoot a confederate of his in order to keep a secret on two occasions, so he will do anything to achieve his mission. He is skilled in technology and field medicine. He is very good at h2h and armed combat.

All the "Others"--including Ben and Mikhail--are so stealthy they can abduct someone from a line of people walking within 5' of each other in the jungle and the rest of the people in the line don't even notice it happened. They are all highly skilled at guerilla warfare and survival in the wilderness. They are almost supernaturally fast and accurate while fighting.

Sayid is a former member of the Iraqi Republican Guard and a professional torturer. He worked as an assassin after leaving the island. He is highly skilled at h2h and armed combat. He is skilled with technology. He beat the martial arts master Dogen and mostly beat Keamy. He shot an 11(?)-year-old Ben in the chest in cold blood, so he is also very willing to do anything it takes.

Keamy is a former marine who was involved in atrocities in Uganda. He personally killed several people on his team, including his ship's captain and doctor, and his team killed multiple Others, a difficult task. He also killed Ben's daughter in cold blood. Once again we have a guy willing to do anything to win. He survived an attack by the Smoke Monster that killed the rest of his men. He's a pretty hardcore guy.

Locke is extremely accurate with throwing knives and a great tracker and hunter. Locke actually has less dramatic combat feats than the others, but did his fair share of fighting and killing.

I'm not saying this to say they're necessarily better than the Comic Team, just to fill in a bit for those who aren't Lost fans, and to point out that they are completely capable of setting up a pretty good ambush scenario for when the Comic Team attacks.

Lost character traits and abilities are subjective to where you are at in the series. The Others were depicted as mysterious and unbeatable when they needed to be just as the Tailies were. So they aren't exactly reliable due to the fact that most of their feats are hearsay basically. Mikhail would be the biggest issue given his psuedo-immortality, then Keamy/Sayid are the next biggest threats. But the comics characters just have better base stats and given the prep they have should take this without much trouble.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By owie  Moderator

@TheWitchingHour said:

Lost character traits and abilities are subjective to where you are at in the series. The Others were depicted as mysterious and unbeatable when they needed to be just as the Tailies were. So they aren't exactly reliable due to the fact that most of their feats are hearsay basically. Mikhail would be the biggest issue given his psuedo-immortality, then Keamy/Sayid are the next biggest threats. But the comics characters just have better base stats and given the prep they have should take this without much trouble.

But I just don't see anyone easily making through a 50' field with opponents shooting at them. What prep do they do to improve their chances at this? I thought it was fair to give them prep, but no one on that team can compare to Ben in prep, he and his team are going to have that place trapped up. It just seems to me that at least 2 or 3 of them are going to get shot on the way in. Once they get in, they probably do have somewhat superior stats, but then they're in the minority, so again I don't see an easy win.

TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheWitchingHour

@Owie:

Linus is a superior manipulator and a great long term tactician but I wouldn't say that battlefield strategy is his strong suit. Sayid would probably be the team strategist with Locke as second in command. And you didn't specify when the battle took place so given the one day of prep team comics can utilize the cover of night and effectively reduce the risk of being spotted in a 50' field. On top of all this Red Hood and Stephanie Brown have superior standard gear to anyone else on the battlefield. Their body armor is going to hold up to a lot. And Hit Girl is second only to Jason in viciousness and skill. I see a nighttime battle going very poorly for team Lost given the superior stats and gear of team comics. Lost does have homefield advantage but I don't think it's enough. However if you took Jason Todd out of the fight or even replaced him with a lesser street leveler I'd see team Lost having a great chance and even winning.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By owie  Moderator

@TheWitchingHour said:

@Owie:

Linus is a superior manipulator and a great long term tactician but I wouldn't say that battlefield strategy is his strong suit. Sayid would probably be the team strategist with Locke as second in command. And you didn't specify when the battle took place so given the one day of prep team comics can utilize the cover of night and effectively reduce the risk of being spotted in a 50' field. On top of all this Red Hood and Stephanie Brown have superior standard gear to anyone else on the battlefield. Their body armor is going to hold up to a lot. And Hit Girl is second only to Jason in viciousness and skill. I see a nighttime battle going very poorly for team Lost given the superior stats and gear of team comics. Lost does have homefield advantage but I don't think it's enough. However if you took Jason Todd out of the fight or even replaced him with a lesser street leveler I'd see team Lost having a great chance and even winning.

I can agree with that--the cover of night is their best bet, and the better gear will make a difference. It's also true that Sayid, Locke, Mikhail, and Keamy are all probably better battlefield tactians that Ben. I still think traps and homefield advantage would make a difference, although not perhaps enough to win. I'm not really arguing for Lost to win, so much as for them to lose by a non-stomp.

I would be curious to see what kind of emotional manipulation would come out of Ben's mouth if he was the last survivor and at the hands of the Comic Team! We have some pretty hard core and seemingly stone-cold people on the Comic team, but sometimes the toughest nuts are the easiest to crack, emotionally. :)

TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheWitchingHour

@Owie: Sure, we've seen both the Oceanic survivors and the Others utilize traps on the island to great effect so I'm with you on that front. Like I said the biggest problem is definitely Jason Todd. His feats are above and beyond the rest of the contenders. But you're right, this is not a stomp whatsoever.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Locke solos

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers