Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Speedster101

Tag Team CaV!

Alright guys, as the title suggests this is going to be a Tag team CaV between the duo of @wyldsong and @the_red_viper vs Myself and @thenewbluebeetle007. Man am I outclassed... xD. With that said, Let's Do This Thing!

In the first corner, we've got the dynamic duo of the mean, green, (bad movie making), jewelry wearing machine!!!... GREEN LANTERN!

No Caption Provided

Represented by TRV.

And his teammate... the big, the bad, the omniversal reality warping universe buster, DR. SOLAR!!!

No Caption Provided

Represented by Wyldsong.

Now that those pushovers intros are done, let's take a look at the real powerhouse debaters here shall we? ;p

In the other corner we've got the dastardly debating team of... The big, the blue, the bug man himself... The Blue Beetle!!!

No Caption Provided

Represented by his namesake Thenewbluebeetle007.

And his teammate, the MFTL omniverse buster with a tail... Son-Goku!!!

No Caption Provided

Whoops... hehe.... my bad...

No Caption Provided

There we go! Represented by Speedster101.

The rules.

No Caption Provided

Alright, I want a clean fight guys...

• Morals on/ in character
  • Perfect teamwork
  • win by any means
  • Goku maxes out at ssj3 and is pre BoGs
  • GL is Hal (if you couldn't tell from image)
  • Dr. Solar is DarkHorse/ valiant versions only, no universal reality warping up in here
  • Jaime is controlled 100 percent by the scarab
  • Battle takes place on a barren planet, size of earth

Just an FYI: there is currently no bad blood between BB and GLs in the comics atm.

This is a CaV!

if your new and don't know what that is, check out the CaV thread. And ALL voters, new or old, need to have some form of explanation behind their choice.

Posting order...

Team 1 then team 2

1. TRV
  2. Wyldsong
  3. Myself
  4. TNBB

Voters

Kingant27

HigorM

Haoalchemist

rpgesus

lvenger

naughtytitan

zeezee123

johnfrank120

precrisisbardock

oceanmaster12

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its up guys! this was fun to make, I added some humor. if u think it's too humorous it can be changed though... xD

and what's the posting order?

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 the_red_viper  Moderator
Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Speedster101

@the_red_viper: thanks!

And oh ok I thought it was assumed composite. But I'll edit it in when I make the final edit for the post order :)

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@speedster101: oh, we're using composite? Ok then, keep it that way then.

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me for voting please.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Wyldsong

@speedster101: Do me a favor, list my version of Dr Solar as a composite Dark Horse/Valiant version (no Akklaim/Deathmate feats).

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9 HigorM  Moderator

T4V

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedster101:

Man am I outclassed

Never say this lol, come into this with a winning attitude :)

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4v

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: Hey everyone here is great and im just getting back into the swing of things xD. I have confidence in us and our team, it was just to show I'm not cocky/ a jerk because I ragged on them a bit in the OP as well ;)

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump fo voters

zeezee123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Kool

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me for dem votes.

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: will do.

@zeezee123: Wanna b tagged for votes? Btw did you end up accepting my CaV offer for DCAU Darksied vs Luffy from One Piece?

zeezee123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedster101:

Gladly be tagged.

I was going to do one with Naughty Titan. Maybe.

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zeezee123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Speedster101
Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: "I'll have my opener up tomorrow guys".... U lied to me....

XD

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 the_red_viper  Moderator

@wyldsong@speedster101@thenewbluebeetle007

Man, is this going to be epic. Hal Jordan and Dr. Solar VS Jaime Reyes and Goku. I can tell this will be remembered for ages to come.

so...

No Caption Provided

Let's start with setting some mood... I hope Wyldsong agrees that this'll be our team's theme song (if you don't just let me know):

Loading Video...

I think I'm gonna make this theme-song thingy into a habit for future CaV's and debates, lol.

Anywho, now that the mood is set, let's move on and get down to business.

Introducing my fighter, perhaps the greatest Green Lantern of them all... The one, the only---

HAL JORDAN:

No Caption Provided

Womanizer. Air-Force pilot. Former host to The Spectre, and to Parallax. Hunter of Manhunters. My favorite character in "Injustice: Gods Among Us". The main protagonist of one lame-ass live-action movie.

Those are just some of the things one could say about the glorious motherf***er you see in the picture above.

His backstory and origins:

Hal Jordan was born in Coast City to Martin Jordan and Jessica Jordan, the middle of three children with older brother Jack and a younger brother Jim. As a young child, he idolized his father, a test pilot who worked for Ferris Aircraft. At a very young age, he had to face his greatest fears when his father died in a plane crash right before his eyes. Despite his family's wishes, he followed in his father's footsteps and eventually joined the United States Air Force on his 18th birthday – turning up that very morning outside the Armed Forces Career Center before it had even opened.

Many years later, a dying alien named Abin Sur, member of the Green Lantern Corps, crash-landed his ship in the Californian desert. Having selected a replacement officer for his position, the power ring chose Hal Jordan for his ability to overcome great fear. The ring and its abilities were explained to him, and he inherited the mantle of Green Lantern. Acting as a galactic police officer, it was his job to serve and protect all life in Sector 2814.

Now... What does Hal Jordan bring to the table? Well, a lot, especially since this is a composite version. I promise to show and demonstrate all of his abilities as the debate goes, but for starters, here is some of what he packs in his massive punch:

• Flight: Any member of any Lantern Corps has of course the ability to fly. How fast? Very fast. As in, much-faster-than-light kinda fast. Not only has he shown to fly lightyears of distance in mere seconds, he's also matched The Flash himself in sheer speed on several occasions.
  • Energy projection, absorption and manipulation: Hal Jordan can project energy blasts from his power-ring that are powerful enough to accomplish things that sometimes surpass even the most powerful powerhouses of the DC Universe. His energy manipulation has shown capable enough to redirect planet-threatening energy blasts, and reduce nukes to the size of a firecracker.
  • Generation of constructs: The Power Ring allows Green Lantern to create constructs of solid light. The variety and strength of a Green Lantern's constructs are limited only by his own willpower and imagination. So in Hal's case, it's pretty limitless.
  • Molecular manipulation: Hal has shown the ability to both analyze molecular structures of objects with his ring, and rearrange the molecular structure of objects as well, turning them into anything he wishes.
  • Super speed: I have already mentioned his amazing travel speed, but he also packs an impressive reaction speed. He has accomplished deeds that dwarf even Superman in that category.
  • Teleportation: Hal Jordan has the ability to teleport himself, and others, even if they're not even anywhere near him.
  • Invisibility: Hal has the ability to turn himself, and others, invisible.
  • Mental powers: Hal's ring protects his mind from mental attacks. It has blocked off telepaths on the scale of Hector Hammond and even Martian Manhunter. He has even proven to be able to take on others' minds.
  • Super strength/durability: Hal packs quite the punch with his constructs, He's hurt the likes of Superman and Lobo before. His ring also gives him the durability to take punches from some of DC's heaviest hitters and keep fighting. He has auto-shields, and his constructs has shown to be able to resist supernovas.

FIGHT!!!!

Well, from what I know, Hal is faster than Solar and Goku is faster than Jaime. Which means Hal and Goku are gonna go at one another before Solar and Beetle do. Now, I know very little of Goku (I hate anime/manga. Japanese gives me a headache ><"), but considering that probably the biggest fanboy flame-wars in history are being fought around Superman VS Goku (and that this fight has happened both in "Death Battle" and "Epic Rap Battles of History"), I'd guess Goku is roughly equal to Superman in terms of speed, strength, durability, etc. Which means Hal will beat him.

First, let's cover what most high-tier battles fall down to: Speed.

Hal, or more precisely his ring, can react and tag even the fastest people in DC. Here, for example, Zoom blitzes Batman, Superman AND Wonder Woman, until Hal comes along and catches him with a construct:

Of course, Hal has countless other feats of reaction speeds such as this, and I'll use them if the need arises.

And to demonstrate his travel speed, here are a few times where he traveled FTL:

1. Hal tracks a spaceship for 132 lightyears in mere moments. Also, it says that the ring can navigate him back home even from the cosmic hell-hole he's in.
  2. Hal keeps up with The Flash.
  3. Hal creates a space-warp, that lets him travel lightyears in an instant. It says that it makes a parsec (more than 3 lightyears) look like an inch.

That should cover the speed category for now.

Moving on to Durability. Now, I did hear how Goku (and DBZ characters in general) are famous for their feats of busting planets, moons and stuff like that. Unfortunately for you though, Hal is capable of taking A LOT more damage than your average planet. He has the feats to back it up:

1. Shields himself and several others from a supernova.
  2. Takes a direct hit from a speeding Superman.
  3. Takes a blast that has busted a moon.
  4. Gets punched through a planet without the slightest sign of pain. Notice how he even passed through the core without anything happening to him.
  5. Takes a punch to the face from Superboy Prime.

That should prove that Hal can deal just fine with extremely powerful damage output.

Speaking of damage output, here are some of Hal's feats of strength and damage-dealing:

1. Punches Lobo.
  2. Hurts Cyborg Superman with a blast hotter than the sun.
  3. Blitzes Superman, who stated that power rings pack a powerful punch.
  4. One-shots AMAZO, who had the powers of the JLA including Superman and Wonder Woman.
  5. Draws blood from Superman and knocks him back with a construct.
  6. Creates a construct army that matches Larfleeze's construct army, then proceeds to take a direct hit from him without even fazing.
  7. """
  8. One-shots Captain Atom.
  9. """
  10. Creates a construct bigger than the Earth, then both he and Superman use it to pull the Earth.

That covers the basics of Green Lantern's speed, durability and damage output.

I won't get into his countless other powers. As you can see from the list of powers I made, he is extremely versatile and has counters for pretty much anything. And I didn't even list all of his powers.

Summary of my opener:

• Hal Jordan has a huge array of powers, making him very versatile and dangerous.
  • Hal would most probably engage Goku first, given their speeds.
  • Hal has the speed to match, and surpass, DC's top speedsters, and Goku as well I'd wager.
  • Hal has the durability to take massive punishment without damage.
  • Hal has strength and damage output to hurt even the toughest opponents. Goku would fall under this as well.

In three words: Beware his power.

No Caption Provided

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag for votes please.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the_red_viper  Moderator
Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: u mean in the title? If so then It was already correct bro

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

tag

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 the_red_viper  Moderator
oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 the_red_viper  Moderator
Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PreCrisisBardock
Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Speedster101
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedster101: It will be up by tomorrow or the next day my friend=)

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: Take ur time, no rush. Just wanted to let u know because I didn't know if u were informed. :)

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: Take ur time, no rush. Just wanted to let u know because I didn't know if u were informed. :)

It's all good bro. I work, a lot, so little nudge from time to time doesn't hurt=)

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedster101: Represent Goku well. But just know, I won't let my bias get in the way of who I think debated better.

T4V.

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imperfect_cell: will do mah man.

DBZ fist bump

Just FYI, seen every episode/movie of DBZ, and luv it myself, so I will try not to downplay Solar just so Goku can win=P

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: haha that's awesome. Good thing you know what your in for when you lose ;)

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: haha that's awesome. Good thing you know what your in for when you lose ;)

Well, I own a crap ton of Goku toys, and DBZ stuff in general. Nearly every DVD, and so on. So while I would say I have a pretty good idea of what I am in for, I personally wouldn't use the word "lose" in that statement=)

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump for voters

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:
@speedster101 said:

Well, I own a crap ton of Goku toys, and DBZ stuff in general. Nearly every DVD, and so on. So while I would say I have a pretty good idea of what I am in for, I personally wouldn't use the word "lose" in that statement=)

Yo, TRV chose to fight Speedster. So I guess that means I'm facing you huh? Well I just wanted to say good luck, let's have some fun! First time representing Jaime, should be nice :D

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:
@speedster101 said:

Yo, TRV chose to fight Speedster. So I guess that means I'm facing you huh? Well I just wanted to say good luck, let's have some fun! First time representing Jaime, should be nice :D

We'll see how it goes=)

My initial plan was to get a post up today, but I have not had one free minute so far at work today. It is coming soon=)