• 80 results
Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Clark_EL

I tried searching thi and nothing came up so Superman vs Atrocitus?

New 52 versions

fight takes place is space

Morals off

Who wins?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

Superman.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Clark_EL

@Petey_is_Spidey: Ok, why?

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Clark_EL

Bump!

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Superman, but i dont know alot bout Atrocitus

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By ComicStooge

Superman, he's fast enough to avoid Atrocitus and can blizt him and take his ring.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By dondave

I'd actually take Atrocitus, while Superman is faster than IIRC he hasn't used his speed well in any of his battles, Atrocitus while weakened because the Red Lantern Battery was being poisoned was able to manhandle both Apollo and Martian Manhunter which at least puts him on par with Superman

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NeonGameWave

Superman could win if he utilizes his speed and uses his maximum potential but if not, Atrocitus crushes him.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By spiderbuck1

@dondave said:

I'd actually take Atrocitus, while Superman is faster than IIRC he hasn't used his speed well in any of his battles, Atrocitus while weakened because the Red Lantern Battery was being poisoned was able to manhandle both Apollo and Martian Manhunter which at least puts him on par with Superman

Thank you!

Atrocitus by curbstomp.

Whew.... I was really starting to get worried about this thread for a minute there.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Clark_EL

@spiderbuck: How bad does Supes lose?

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By mk111

Wait, Superman is actually losing this battle? Atrocitus is impressive, but still. I'm surprised.

With that said, I like Atrocitus, so cool.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Clark_EL

@mk111: Well Superman is actually winning (according to the people above) 4-2

I don't have a position....what's yours?

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By New_World_Order

Superman probably

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Clark_EL

@ThunderGodsWrath: mmm Don't know Atrocitus is no joke...I've heard some people say he can beat Black Adam

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By spiderbuck1

@Clark_EL said:

Well Atrocitus was killing and torturing Guardians with his bare hands before he ever even got a ring. He's at the top of the food chain and beats Kyle like a red headed step child. Constructs from Kyle, Sinestro and Hal are complete joke to him, he breaks through them effortlessly.He beat the dirt out of Larfreez. He solo'd Stormwatch including Apollo and Martian Manhunter. I'd say that solidifies he's above Supes' pay grade. At least that's how I see it. Consensus was that he beats Black Adam in the BA v Atrocitus thread as well.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Clark_EL

@spiderbuck: @spiderbuck said:

@Clark_EL said:

Consensus was that he beats Black Adam in the BA v Atrocitus thread as well.

Yeah I mentioned that above...those are some really good feats, he himself doesn't really have constructs though right?...also he beat Larfreeze!?...Scans?....I thought Larfreeze is a lot higher, in white Lantern range, right?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#17  Edited By Joygirl

Atros wins. It's tough, cause I mean, it's Superman. But Atros's feats put him at that level. Some folks that posted above me showed the required knowledge of his feats -- he is > Hal, Sinestro, Kyle, Larfleeze, and Carol, beat Stormwatch while weakened, killed Guardians without a ring, killed all of the Inversions, tore through armies of Manhunters without a ring, etc. The man created a Power Battery, using magic, out of spite. He's billions -- yeah, billions -- of years old.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Clark_EL

@Joygirl: yep...

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Tacos_Kickass

The only fight i remember between Larfleeze and Atrocitus was in Green Lantern #48, it was a short fight but it looked to me like Larfleeze won it.

But Atrocitus did end up fighting Hal, Sinestro, Saint Walker, and Carol like right after and he was kickin some ass.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Emperorb777

Can someone show some speed, strength and durabity feat for Atrocitus otherwise he gets speed blitzed by a morals off Superman.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By New_World_Order

@Clark_EL said:

@ThunderGodsWrath: mmm Don't know Atrocitus is no joke...I've heard some people say he can beat Black Adam

Nope, Black Adam is regarded as more powerful than Superman, and Atroticus is not beating Superman.

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By mk111

@Clark_EL:

I think Superman can win this, but Atrocitus is the cooler character, IMO.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#23  Edited By Joygirl

@Immortal777: He got his heart ripped out and was like, "Hey, that's my heart."

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By weaponxx

I think its a pretty good fight but I think Atrocitus has what it takes :).

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By oceanmaster21

this is a goodfight it cud go either way i say superman but atrocidis is really powerful

Avatar image for silverjuggernaut
silverJuggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By silverJuggernaut

superman ftw

Avatar image for ultrasupertrooper
UltraSuperTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morals off Superman wins this cmon guys

karasu_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By karasu_

I don't think supes has any defense against red lantern light, it's infused with blood 'magic' and that sh*ts constantly surrounding his body, in fact it's replaced his heart and flows through his veins like blood. It's going to burn supes like napalm.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Clark_EL

@karasu_: yeah, maybe.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jashro44

I have to go with superman. All though I hope we see this fight....

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Clark_EL

@jashro44 said:

I have to go with superman. All though I hope we see this fight....

me too, but I'm not so sure if Supes would win...Atrocitus is really tough!

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Clark_EL

Bump!

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By Raw_Material

Superman stomps.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Clark_EL

@ckuakini: Why?

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Raw_Material

@Clark_EL: Is it that oblivious? Not only Superman inherits more natural superhuman abilities than Atrocitus, but also overpowers him greatly even with Atrocitus' possession of his Red Power Ring. Being a class 100 in the New 52 version of the character, Supes has been depicted of lifting a submarine as well as holding up Earth for five days with extreme heat from the sun, expressing substantial superhuman strength, durability, and stamina.

Superman stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc36411d7174
deactivated-5fc36411d7174

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atrocitus

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Clark_EL

@ckuakini said:

@Clark_EL: Is it that oblivious? Not only Superman inherits more natural superhuman abilities than Atrocitus, but also overpowers him greatly even with Atrocitus' possession of his Red Power Ring. Being a class 100 in the New 52 version of the character, Supes has been depicted of lifting a submarine as well as holding up Earth for five days with extreme heat from the sun, expressing substantial superhuman strength, durability, and stamina.

Superman stomps.

Hmmm... Atrocitus is extremely strong without his ring I'd hesitate to say even class 100...not to mention is great durability.

Atrocitus if I remember right has beaten Hal, Kyle, and Sinestro at the same time so he's no slouch. Also what about that fire plasma they vomit...that stuff burns through almost anything...Atrocitus has also worn his red ring for a long time so he's been getting madder and madder, meaning his constructs would be a lot stronger than any Green Lantern's.

ound these:

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By bigcimmerian

Atrocitus barely wins.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Clark_EL

@BigCimmerian: Ok

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Raw_Material

@Clark_EL: I do agree that Atrocitus possesses great superhuman strength and depicted as a brute powerhouse, however none compared to those filed as class 100. These are all Lanterns, you are listing and I think Atrocitus' strength level is unparalleled to any Lantern bearing a ring (besides Hannu maybe), especially humans. The scans above is when Kyle Rayner and Carol Ferris, both human Earth Lanterns, trying to get Atrocitus to help Kyle learn how to wield the emotion, rage; thus Atrocitus uses his brute strength in an attempt to unleash his rage. Although, this tactic failed he does aid Kyle in possessing great rage by torturing him, not by beating him but showing him the cruelty of the world and do nothing but watch.

Superman is considered to be invulnerable as to his skin durability and acquires his armored suit, which ables him to withstand immense gunfire and extremely high temperatures. He has also been shown to be able to survive Darkseid's Omega Beams in the New 52, a feat originally thought to be impossible. Supes can always counter strike with his heat vision and go toe-to-toe with Atrocitus to see who has the greater heat intensity and tougher durability. If you think Atrocitus could take out Darkseid with his plasma-like vomit then I'm all for it.

No Caption Provided
Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Clark_EL

@ckuakini:

A lot of people (not me) think that top tier Green's like Hal Jordan can beat Clark. Now I don't think he would beat Supes on such as myself could argue that it would be a challenge.

I'm going to settle this now just for the record Plasma vomit>Heat vision we can disagree on this but I'm not going to change my opinion unless a strong argument supported with feats and scans is given.

Although he was trying to have Kyle master Rage he (Kyle) was still shielding himself, and I don't think anybody would let a guy beat him up like that if they had a powerful weapon to defend with...believing me to think Kyle was fighting back with effort. Also although Superman survived the OB he was still KO'ed now I'm not going to argue Atrocitus vomit is on par with that, because it's not. Remember is constructs are a lot harder too so Superman wouldn't be able to break them as easily. Not to mention his weapons ad shield would be a lot stronger.

As we can see here Hal's constructs can hurt and draw blood from Superman... Atrocitus having Constructs would hurt a lot more and be less likely to break.

Let's also remember Diana drew blood from Superman too with a kick...

So Superman we see can be hurt and beaten by a strong and/or powerful being.

Here is Hal fighting Wonder Woman

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

One could argue Wonder Woman was winning but It was fairly even and to be fair Wonder Woman was in panic mode because she though Steve might be dead or would be dead soon. Where as Hal just wanted to calm the situation down from the start...

I used Lanterns as examples by the way because Lanterns are very powerful and are close to (I'd say 2/3 the power) Superman. Atrocitus himself was fighting three powerful Lanterns and had the upper hand.

I will give you that Superman did better with Darkseid then Hal but not that much:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Superman vs Darkseid.
Superman vs Darkseid.

So Supes did Ok but clearly he was losing...Hal didn't do much better:

Atrocitus though would do much better than both though to his larger size, stronger construct, greater physical ability (than Hal), and his other RL abilities. Plus if he started losing to Darkseid he would become angrier and angrier which means he would grow more powerful as well.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Raw_Material

@Clark_EL: We could agree to disagree, but I still favor Superman in this battle. I do agree though, that Lantern Hal Jordan is a top-tier superhero with his capability of the Power Ring; however I disagree that the other two lanterns are. Hal is a strategic tactician possessing great will power, in return acquiring phenomenal powers within his Power Ring.

In the first scans of Supes getting knocked off his feet, he actually had his attention on Batman, and when he did have full concentration on Hal, he broke his constructs like it was nothing. However, this does prove that Hal Jordan does have the strength to take on brute powerhouses such as Supes and Wonder Woman which I am already in knowledge of. Now, but Atrocitus in Hal's place and I believe both warriors will win again. He's fueled with rage and agree is already bloodlusted as can be, but with the superhuman abilities that Superman possesses it's beyond compared to those of Atrocitus hands down.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Emperorb777

Darkseid would one shot Atrocitus. lol

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Clark_EL

@Immortal777: It would be tough

New 52 speaking of course

@ckuakini said:

@Clark_EL: however I disagree that the other two lanterns are. Hal is a strategic tactician possessing great will power, in return acquiring phenomenal powers within his Power Ring.

I got to disagree with you there...Sinestro and Hal are considered equals as Green Lanterns and as Lanterns in general with Kyle very very close behind if not equal as well.

This is what a red lantern ring can do:

Red Energy Conduit: The rings use Red energy, supplied by aPower Battery, which in most cases takes the form of red light. A Red Lantern's ring is one of the most powerful weapons in the known Universe. Red Lantern's ring, has the ability to affect and use fundamental forces of the known universe, including electromagnetic energies such as gravity, radiation, heat, light, and powerful blasts of concussive force. The ring can also create fields of force formed from an unknown energy that was bound by the users' will. The limitations of such use are the skill, knowledge and imagination of the user.

• Rage Plasma: The Red Lantern can vomit plasma, which has been described as napalm and acid mixed together, it burns away at anything. It can be surmised that is the internal rages effect on the blood. These flames burn even in space. The effect it has on living beings allows it to ignite the flames of rage in a victims' blood and has the effect of burning through an energy aura of an opponent as well as corrupting other power rings depleting them at an accelerated rate and greatly weakening the structures they create.
  • Energy Projection: The ring can be used to fire blasts of Rage energy. This power is unique as it takes the form of rage-energized blood. The ring can project this blood as a blast that has the effect of a concussive blast with high destructive capability. The weapon's power is more an indication of the Rage of the user, rather then their willpower.
  • Energy Constructs: The ring can form constructs of Rage energy. The primary function of the Power Ring is to provide a weapon capable of transforming the wearer's thoughts into physical constructs through the wearer's rage. A Red Lantern can create any particular items or construct that they can imagine as long as they have the appropriate amount of rage necessary to will it into existence. The constructs are made out of red energy, which is a tangible form of pure rage, and they exist only as long as a Red Lantern is fueling it with their rage. Items created by the rings are not indestructible and are only as powerful as the rage of the Red Lantern creating them. The types of constructs usually reflects the ring wearer's personality.
  • Force-Field: The ring can create various force-fields of various sizes and shapes to protect the wearer and others around him. With the cosmic duties of the ring wielder, it is only natural that the power ring is designed for operation in space. The ring creates a force-field around the wearer, protecting him/her/it from the hazards of the void including filtration of stellar radiation and microscopic particulate matter which would ordinarily be fatal should the space debris strike the ring wielder at high speeds. An atmosphere appropriate to the ring wielder's biology is created inside the force-field, body temperature is maintained and waste products are removed. Gravitational stresses which could cause injury are stabilized for the ring wielder. Theoretically, a ring wielder could use the ring as his/her/its sole source of life support. The force-field seems to be created instantaneously, whether this is due to programming or an instinctive reaction from intensive training has not been established.
  • Flight: By the manipulation of anti-gravitons and directed molecular movement, the ring allows the user to fly at incredible speeds.
  • Rage Infection: The Red Power Ring is capable of infecting others with the rage of the Red Lantern, which can lead to them being converted to the the Red Lantern Cause.
  • Rage Empowerment: the Red Lantern ring is unique in that its base of power, Rage, can be manipulated by the ring user. A Red Lantern can detect the rage in the heart of others and by connection the heart that pumps that blood. The rage and hatred of a individual red lantern empowers their abilities as well as the rage and hatred of others.
  • Black Lantern Resistance: As the Black Lanterns favor attacking and killing their victims by ripping their hearts out, the Red Lanterns can survive the attack for as long as their wrath burns bright.

Combine that with Atrocitus' other powers and he has an edge over supes.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By slimj87d
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By slimj87d

And off panel Martian Manhunter gave the JLA a little trouble.

So I'm not sure how things would go, but Atrocitus should not be taken lightly.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Dredeuced

To be fair, wasn't Manhunter kind of playing nice with Atrocitus and trying to reason with him to go away because Abysmus (the guy Atrocitus was chasing) wasn't even there? I think MMH could probably have beaten him if he was going all out.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By slimj87d

@Dredeuced said:

To be fair, wasn't Manhunter kind of playing nice with Atrocitus and trying to reason with him to go away because Abysmus (the guy Atrocitus was chasing) wasn't even there? I think MMH could probably have beaten him if he was going all out.

Well I guess that's part of the argument, can he harm Superman? He most likely can, look how much blood was drawn from Apollo when he backhanded him. Someone else made a good argument that New 52 Superman hardly uses his speed.

I think this could go either way as New 52 Superman doesn't have as many feats and Atrocitus wasn't retconned according to the writers.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Dredeuced

@SlimJ87D said:

@Dredeuced said:

Well I guess that's part of the argument, can he harm Superman? He most likely can, look how much blood was drawn from Apollo when he backhanded him. Someone else made a good argument that New 52 Superman hardly uses his speed.

I think this could go either way as New 52 Superman doesn't have as many feats and Atrocitus wasn't retconned according to the writers.

I never really got the whole "Lanterns didn't get retconned" thing. The entire Black Lantern thing had to have some retconning because it massively involved the Justice League and, you know, guys who don't even exist anymore like Wally.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By slimj87d

@Dredeuced said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@Dredeuced said:

I never really got the whole "Lanterns didn't get retconned" thing. The entire Black Lantern thing had to have some retconning because it massively involved the Justice League and, you know, guys who don't even exist anymore like Wally.

Neither do I, but in various interviews the Green Lanterns and Batman were not redone or retconned due to their strong sales. That's what DC said.

But I think a lot of JLA stories might take place in the past. I think the timelines are all jacked up. This is why I stick to Marvel.