owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator  Online

Spiral vs Daimon Hellstrom.

Battle takes place in the Dark Dimension, starting at 25'.

Spiral is armed with 6 swords.  Daimon has his trident.

Battle may include H2H as well as magic.

In character.  Win by any means except BFR.

Who wins and why?

Spiral
Spiral
Daimon Hellstrom
Daimon Hellstrom

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By jeanroygrant

Damian Hellstrom, because he is a totally awesome character!!!

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By owie  Moderator  Online
@jeanroygrant said:

Daimon is awesome.
chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By chiq

@Owie: Great fight. You seem to know your mages, I'd like to find out your opinion on this battle. I did a similar one with hellstorm and Amora vs loki and spiral. No one answered though..lol

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Owie said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Daimon is awesome.

What are Spiral's feats?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By owie  Moderator  Online
@jeanroygrant said:

@Owie said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Daimon is awesome.

What are Spiral's feats?

Well, that's a good question.  In the appearances I've seen of her, she's a good magic user and also a very skilled sword fighter.  I'm thinking of her old Freedom Force appearances for instance.  I don't remember all the details, I may revisit them, as well her recent joining up with Madelyne Pryor in the Sisterhood of Mutants.  

BUT, there are a lot of other stories I haven't read, but have read about, in which she has apparently done very well.  From what I've gleaned, she's soloed the X-Men twice, beaten the Avengers, stole Captain Marvel's (Rambeau) powers, and beat Iron Man.  But I don't have a lot of details on exactly how she did these feats.  She was also one of the potential candidates for Sorcerer Supreme after Strange lost it (Hellstrom was also a candidate).

One story that comes to mind that I did read was when Rachel Summers had just accepted the Phoenix Force.  She tried to kill Selene, and Wolverine stopped her and stabbed her in the chest.  Rachel ran out and was very weak.  Spiral then found her and managed to ensorcell and ensnare her quite effectively, Granted that Rachel was in a weakened state, but she was still a powerful telepath and with the Pheonix. 

She's a very good teleporter, immune to posession, able to steal powers, make magic energy blasts, be invisible.

@chiq said:

@Owie: Great fight. You seem to know your mages, I'd like to find out your opinion on this battle. I did a similar one with hellstorm and Amora vs loki and spiral. No one answered though..lol

Thanks!  Sorry I missed your other battle...I'm going over to comment on it right after this.  My general feeling here is that the current Hellstrom has a greater command of magic than Spiral, but she's good enough to last a while against him before being defeated.  Hand to hand, she's a better fighter, and she's also got her cyborg speed and strength, combined with her multiple arms.  So I think she'd have to try to hold him off magically, while closing and trying to take him out with her swords.  Daimon can fight OK with his trident, but not as well as her.  So I think it's a close battle.  It depends on whether Daimon can finish her off with magic before she gets close to him.  And since she's a teleporter, she can get close pretty fast.
chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By chiq

@Owie:Yeah, I agree with your points. Isn't he a hell lord too? That would make him close to all powerful in his realm right? I think i would give the majority to him. Spiral is a beast though and on earth it might be a good fight. Yes she seems to have an advantage in fighting skill and mobility.

Edit-sorry i didn't notice the no BFR clause. In a neutral environment i honestly don't know who would win. Is there any glaring weakness that either one of them have?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By owie  Moderator  Online
@chiq said:

@Owie:Yeah, I agree with your points. Isn't he a hell lord too? That would make him close to all powerful in his realm right? I think i would give the majority to him. Spiral is a beast though and on earth it might be a good fight. Yes she seems to have an advantage in fighting skill and mobility.

Edit-sorry i didn't notice the no BFR clause. In a neutral environment i honestly don't know who would win. Is there any glaring weakness that either one of them have?

As far as I know, he is still technically a hell lord.  The last I recall him actually being there was in the Marvel Divas mini series.  I don't remember hearing of him specifically giving up his realm, and I think that maybe when he was helping Kid Loki do exorcisms recently, he mentioned something about having the option of sending some evil spirits back to his own realm where he could really torture them (or something to that effect).  But yeah, he would basically be all powerful there, as Magik is in Limbo.  I don't know of any obvious weaknesses.  In terms of magic, basically I think Daimon is more powerful but Spiral has some tricky specific powers like stealing people's powers.  I don't know the details on how she did that though; you'd think if you could do it, you'd do it all the time.  If she had prep, she'd do better too (thinking of that instance where she ensnared Rachel).  I lean toward Daimon taking 5 or maybe 6 out of 10, with his losses mostly coming from Spiral's fighting skills and teleportation.
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Owie said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owie said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Daimon is awesome.

What are Spiral's feats?

Well, that's a good question. In the appearances I've seen of her, she's a good magic user and also a very skilled sword fighter. I'm thinking of her old Freedom Force appearances for instance. I don't remember all the details, I may revisit them, as well her recent joining up with Madelyne Pryor in the Sisterhood of Mutants.

BUT, there are a lot of other stories I haven't read, but have read about, in which she has apparently done very well. From what I've gleaned, she's soloed the X-Men twice, beaten the Avengers, stole Captain Marvel's (Rambeau) powers, and beat Iron Man. But I don't have a lot of details on exactly how she did these feats. She was also one of the potential candidates for Sorcerer Supreme after Strange lost it (Hellstrom was also a candidate).

One story that comes to mind that I did read was when Rachel Summers had just accepted the Phoenix Force. She tried to kill Selene, and Wolverine stopped her and stabbed her in the chest. Rachel ran out and was very weak. Spiral then found her and managed to ensorcell and ensnare her quite effectively, Granted that Rachel was in a weakened state, but she was still a powerful telepath and with the Pheonix.

She's a very good teleporter, immune to posession, able to steal powers, make magic energy blasts, be invisible.

@chiq said:

Thanks! Sorry I missed your other battle...I'm going over to comment on it right after this. My general feeling here is that the current Hellstrom has a greater command of magic than Spiral, but she's good enough to last a while against him before being defeated. Hand to hand, she's a better fighter, and she's also got her cyborg speed and strength, combined with her multiple arms. So I think she'd have to try to hold him off magically, while closing and trying to take him out with her swords. Daimon can fight OK with his trident, but not as well as her. So I think it's a close battle. It depends on whether Daimon can finish her off with magic before she gets close to him. And since she's a teleporter, she can get close pretty fast.

Solo the Avengers? Was Hulk, Wonder Man & Thor present at the time?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By owie  Moderator  Online
@jeanroygrant said:

@Owie said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owie said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Daimon is awesome.

What are Spiral's feats?

Well, that's a good question. In the appearances I've seen of her, she's a good magic user and also a very skilled sword fighter. I'm thinking of her old Freedom Force appearances for instance. I don't remember all the details, I may revisit them, as well her recent joining up with Madelyne Pryor in the Sisterhood of Mutants.

BUT, there are a lot of other stories I haven't read, but have read about, in which she has apparently done very well. From what I've gleaned, she's soloed the X-Men twice, beaten the Avengers, stole Captain Marvel's (Rambeau) powers, and beat Iron Man. But I don't have a lot of details on exactly how she did these feats. She was also one of the potential candidates for Sorcerer Supreme after Strange lost it (Hellstrom was also a candidate).

One story that comes to mind that I did read was when Rachel Summers had just accepted the Phoenix Force. She tried to kill Selene, and Wolverine stopped her and stabbed her in the chest. Rachel ran out and was very weak. Spiral then found her and managed to ensorcell and ensnare her quite effectively, Granted that Rachel was in a weakened state, but she was still a powerful telepath and with the Pheonix.

@chiq said:

Thanks! Sorry I missed your other battle...I'm going over to comment on it right after this. My general feeling here is that the current Hellstrom has a greater command of magic than Spiral, but she's good enough to last a while against him before being defeated. Hand to hand, she's a better fighter, and she's also got her cyborg speed and strength, combined with her multiple arms. So I think she'd have to try to hold him off magically, while closing and trying to take him out with her swords. Daimon can fight OK with his trident, but not as well as her. So I think it's a close battle. It depends on whether Daimon can finish her off with magic before she gets close to him. And since she's a teleporter, she can get close pretty fast.

I have no idea. I expect that to beat any team of Avengers of X-Men, at least a little PIS has to be involved.  But her powers are pretty adaptable, so if she goes around possessing people, or stealing their powers, etc., it might be possible.
chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By chiq

@Owie: If remember correctly she was even able to turn Juggernaut into a kid version of himeself right? along with several other x-men.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By owie  Moderator  Online
@chiq said:

@Owie: If remember correctly she was even able to turn Juggernaut into a kid version of himeself right? along with several other x-men.

Yeah she was.  I don't recall whether she needed some special prep for that or not.  But yeah, her powers are pretty unpredictable.
chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By chiq
No Caption Provided

@Owie:

Yeah, here is the scan, I don't remember if she needed prep as well. She wasn't able to affect Betsy (is that besty?). Would you happen to remember why Betsy was immune to the spell?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By owie  Moderator  Online
@chiq said:
No Caption Provided

@Owie:

Yeah, here is the scan, I don't remember if she needed prep as well. She wasn't able to affect Betsy (is that besty?). Would you happen to remember why Betsy was immune to the spell?

I think I read about it somewhere...it had something to do with the fact that Spiral was partially responsible for putting Betsy in her current Asian body.
chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By chiq

@Owie: Cool. Thanks

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Owie said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owie said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Owie said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Daimon is awesome.

What are Spiral's feats?

@chiq said:

I have no idea. I expect that to beat any team of Avengers of X-Men, at least a little PIS has to be involved. But her powers are pretty adaptable, so if she goes around possessing people, or stealing their powers, etc., it might be possible.

I see.

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By fondofpacman

Well, Mojo got big ratings for his old X-Men and X-Babies show, so he's often times looking to get them into a more controllable form so that he can more easily base a show around them...so my point is that her ability to do that might actually be related to some sort of Mojo technology, or maybe a mystic spell that was conceived by way of prep.

With Psylock, I forgot what exactly spiral did so I looked it up on Wikipedia, and it said that after a battle in the Savage Land, Betsy ended up in Chin where she was found by the Hand ninja clan. Spiral showed up and told the clan's leader that she could save his comatose girlfriend by using Psylock's mental powers, and she ended up putting most of Betsy's mind into the body leader's girlfriend (Kwannon), and the Kwannon-body Betsy-mind character continued to be Psylock, who had telekinetic abilities cut in half but in exchange gained Kwannon's focus and fighting ability; the Betsy-body Kwannon mind character became someone called Revanch apparently.

[My bad, i misread what was posted above, thought someone was asking for the Spiral/Psylock story]

Avatar image for hellstromknight
HellstromKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Daimon curb stomps.