Skurge and Ares vs Valkyrie Sif and Andromeda

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

I made this battle a few days ago and accidentally deleted it while trying to bump it--what a genius!

Strength and Axes vs Skill and Swords:

Skurge the Executioner and Ares against Valkyrie, Sif, and Andromeda

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Skurge and Executioner have their axes. Skurge is not able to use his axe's dimensional-rift or energy blast powers. Valkyrie has her sword Dragonfang. Sif and Andromeda have nonmagical uru swords.

This is Skurge before he died invading Hel with Thor. This is Ares before he died. This is current Valkyrie and Sif. This is Andromeda before she died fighting the Dragon of the Moon (i.e., Defenders era). Andromeda is fully hydrated.

Fight starts at 30'. They are in character, and all are willing to kill. Win by any means.

I want to add one feat of Andromeda's, since I think she is less known than the others. She is weaker than them--she can lift 14 tons when hydrated--but is much faster: she outruns her own thrown spear before it reaches its target:

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Team 1.
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By owie  Moderator

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Team 1.

So what do you think, is team 1 too strong/durable, or is it that you think they have enough skill to equal team 2? Or something else?

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Owie said:

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Team 1.

So what do you think, is team 1 too strong/durable, or is it that you think they have enough skill to equal team 2? Or something else?

Ares is too much. His axe was almost a match for Mjolnir.
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By owie  Moderator

@venomoushatred1001: Darn. Does his axe have powers? I thought it was basically a normal axe.

mannytawo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sif's team would win because sif can teleport and she has a healing factor that heals her almost instantly and she has requiring powers so she can make any weapon appear out of thin air since she is the goddess of war

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Sif's team would win because sif can teleport and she has a healing factor that heals her almost instantly and she has requiring powers so she can make any weapon appear out of thin air since she is the goddess of war

Everyone in this fight has a healing factor also Sif's teleport skill isn't an instant win since she can't use it to blitz anyone (scan if possible). Plus if team 1 can't use their magic weapons so that would mean team 2 can't as well plus Ares is way too much since team 2 lacks feats to place them any where near anyone on team 1.

mannytawo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mannytawo

Sif would still win since she is thors equal and Thor would destroy ares. Plus sif's weapons are made from asgardian steel which are 10 times as strong as mortal minerals and on top of that her weapons are in chanted even though ares's axe is enchanted it is still made from mortal minerals so sif could easily break it. And I have proof because with a simple asgardian spear Loki broke captin Americas shield which is made from vibranium the strongest material on earth

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 owie  Moderator

Just so everyone knows, here are the basic strength levels of everyone involved:

Sif: 30 tons, Valkyrie: 45 tons, Andromeda: 14 tons (when hydrated; her costume hydrates her), Ares: 70 tons, Executioner: 65 tons

Let's recall that Sif and Val are among the finest warriors in Asgard, that Andromeda is faster than anyone else here, and that sword fights are not necessarily won by strength. I'm not saying the female team wins, but take those facts into consideration before deciding.

Sif would still win since she is thors equal and Thor would destroy ares. Plus sif's weapons are made from asgardian steel which are 10 times as strong as mortal minerals and on top of that her weapons are in chanted even though ares's axe is enchanted it is still made from mortal minerals so sif could easily break it. And I have proof because with a simple asgardian spear Loki broke captin Americas shield which is made from vibranium the strongest material on earth

1. As a Sif fan, I can clearly state that Sif is not anywhere near Thor's equal.

2. Loki never broke Captain America's shield with a standard Asgardian spear, and as far as I know never broke it at all, it's only been broken a few times. But please feel free to provide scans.

3. Captain America's shield is actually a unique mix of vibranium and adamantium. Vibranium is not actually the strongest material on earth, adamantium is. Vibranium's important quality is that it absorbs kinetic energy.

mannytawo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie: it's obvious your not a big enough sif fan because sif stated she would only marry someone who is her equal in power so she married Thor the only people who are sif's equal other than Odin are Thor and Bunhilda everyone else sif can delete within seconds and yes Loki did destroy Cap's shield that's why iron man made the energy shield just for Captin America and thanks for telling me about the vibranium I must have got it mixed up with something else. Also one of the spells on sif's sword is a powerful blast that nothing can block or withstand but the only flaw about that is that it drains and extreme amount of her power but if sif used that spell at the right time she could use it to defete executioner and ares at the same time. I will also get pics if I can to back up my statment.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1.

mannytawo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will ares be in his giant form because if he is it will be a lot easier for sif since her specialty is killing things bigger than her that is why she handles frost giants with ease

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 owie  Moderator

@owie: it's obvious your not a big enough sif fan because sif stated she would only marry someone who is her equal in power so she married Thor the only people who are sif's equal other than Odin are Thor and Bunhilda everyone else sif can delete within seconds and yes Loki did destroy Cap's shield that's why iron man made the energy shield just for Captin America and thanks for telling me about the vibranium I must have got it mixed up with something else. Also one of the spells on sif's sword is a powerful blast that nothing can block or withstand but the only flaw about that is that it drains and extreme amount of her power but if sif used that spell at the right time she could use it to defete executioner and ares at the same time. I will also get pics if I can to back up my statment.

Cap used his energy shield at two points: once he lost the original in the ocean, and also when he gave the original shield up when he gave up the rights to being Captain America. Loki only destroyed Cap's shield in the Avengers TV show, which obviously isn't canon for the comic characters, it doesn't count.

I don't know what you're talking about, but no Sif cannot delete people within seconds, or do any of the other things you said. She isn't even vaguely as powerful as Thor. Perhaps you are thinking of a TV version of her as well? We are talking about the comics versions of these characters.

mannytawo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mannytawo

I'm not talking about the t.v show I'm talking about the comics

I would show you a picture but I don't know how to put up pictures on comic vine. She doesn't use her swords powerful spell very often but I can remember her using it on fire demons and a beast that was like 20 times her size but she still own.how I think the battle would go down valkire would hold of surge while sif held of ares then andromeda would taunt skurge till he tried to hit her but she would run away and that would give Valkyrie enough time to strike him down then the two would aid sif in battle but we all know ares would still be able to hold them off. Sif would then jump out of the battle and hide somewhere high and ares probably wouldn't notice since he is too busy battling then sif would give them a silent signal and andromeda would use her swiftness to trip ares the her and Valkyrie would jump out of the way and sif would use her spell to obliterate ares done match finished. I honestly don't really care @Owie if you believe me or not but I am now board of this battle so don't expect any replies from me.