Shub-Niggurath (The Cthulhu Mythos) vs Kismet (DC)

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By JackKnight
Shub-Niggurath (The Cthulhu Mythos)
Shub-Niggurath (The Cthulhu Mythos)

vs

Kismet (DC)
Kismet (DC)

Battle of the female cosmic beings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Both at full power.
  • Both are Bloodlust.
  • Both there Morals are off.
  • Both have full knowledge of each other.
  • Win by OK or Death.
  • Battle takes place outside of the multiverse.

Who wins and why?

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

The lady takes this

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for alternative_backup
alternative_backup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats of Shub-Niggurath?

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JackKnight

@alternative_backup said:

Feats of Shub-Niggurath?

She's an Outer God so he is by default going to be multiversal and more powerful then Cthulhu.

Apart from that I don't really know alot about her.

I know shes the most worshiped being in the Cthulhu Mythos and her nick name is "The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young" meaning that she is the mother of a thousand monsters that look like this:

No Caption Provided

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@jackknight: It realy depends how you interpret Kismet. From DC Shub Niggurath is just below The Endless so if Kismet is not at atleast the level of Delerium than she loses.

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JackKnight

@jackknight: It realy depends how you interpret Kismet. From DC Shub Niggurath is just below The Endless so if Kismet is not at atleast the level of Delerium than she loses.

Kismet is considered to be DC's Eternity and that is pretty much true.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is not even fair. By feats, kismet wins, but barely. Shub-Nigurrath would beat Kismet though, since Shub-Niggurath is a freaking god. Kismet is not. But now, just because shub-niggurath has shown less feats than kismet, everyone is going to automatically assume kismet can beat Shub-niggurath, a freaking god. >:(..... :'(

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JackKnight

@106me said:

This is not even fair. By feats, kismet wins, but barely. Shub-Nigurrath would beat Kismet though, since Shub-Niggurath is a freaking god. Kismet is not. But now, just because shub-niggurath has shown less feats than kismet, everyone is going to automatically assume kismet can beat Shub-niggurath, a freaking god. >:(..... :'(

Welcome to Comicvine! and being a God hardly means anything in the universe of fiction.

Look at Thor, he's a god. Look at Kratos, he's a god (Yea I know he's really a demi God but he is still technically a god). HELL! even Mr Miracle and Big Barbra are gods!!!!!!!!!!! but do you think they would beat Kismet? because she is DC's answer to Eternity from Marvel, Do you think those four guys I mention would beat both Kismet and Eternity?

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackknight: Um... the correct answer is "yes". Jk, but if H.P. Lovecraft were to give Shub-Niggurath feats, I'm sure she could beat kismet. This is all pure speculation, so it wouldn't really be fair to say who would win DEFINATLEY in this battle. This battle just shouldn't be here as a thread at all.

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me said:

@jackknight: Um... the correct answer is "yes". Jk, but if H.P. Lovecraft were to give Shub-Niggurath feats, I'm sure she could beat kismet. This is all pure speculation, so it wouldn't really be fair to say who would win DEFINATLEY in this battle. This battle just shouldn't be here as a thread at all.

What? so you think Thor, Kratos, Mr Miracle and Big Barbra can beat Kismet and Eternity just because they are gods?

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By 106me

@jackknight: Maybe, but my point is that this is all too much speculation to say who would win. IMO, I would think Shub-Niggurath would win by being an outer god and is portrayed along the lines of being omnipotent in the mythos, while kismet is more cosmic level. We can't decide, though, who the true victor is, because Shub-Niggurath's feats are not shown, and even kismet has shown less than a handful of feats. In the battle forum rules, threads that require too much speculation should be closed, so I just think (and am hoping) a moderator will close this thread.

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This battle is ridiculous. Kismet stomps. If we are using Lovecraft's Shub-Niggurath, then she has absolutely no feats what so ever. People highly overrate Lovecraftian entities here and it's becoming really annoying because the interpretations they come up with are not only not based on anything Lovecraft ever wrote, they also completely miss the point of what his stories are trying to tell. We know four things about Shub-Niggurath, she's worshiped by the Mi-Go and some human cults (so is Cthulhu and other such beings). She is supposedly the mother of a thousand 'Dark Young'. Lovecraft in a note described her "a hellish cloud-like entity". She is the supposed 'wife' of Yog-Sothoth, Yig, Hastur, or some other unknown being. She supposedly is mother to the entities Nug and Yeb, who are the parents of Cthulhu. However, besides Lovecraft's joke note, this is never hinted at in any of the stories. She, as well as her other kin and great old ones, use their cultist to defeat other old ones whom they consider evil. One of these beings is supposedly Cthulhu's son. Again, never really confirmed. There is a passage in "Dream Quest of the Unknown Kadath" that stats the other gods (aka 'outer gods' aka old ones FYI Lovecraft was never consistent with what he meant them to mean) were not as old as the Universe, with the sole exception of Azathoth. Who may or may not have predated and or created the universe. Her being the 'wife' of Yog-Sothoth is interesting when you take into consideration that he's a being that travels hyperspace that mutates all forms of life he tends to find. With all of that said, almost no Lovecraftian beings have feats to support the idea that they can battle beings like this. It's hardly even implied. Shub-Niggurath is more of a strange alien entity who is worshiped as a god by humans who don't know any better (knock on wood, Lovecraft's entire theme). So as it stands, Kismet stomps.