Sherlock runs the gauntlet

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

BBC's Sherlock, in 21st century London, has to hunt down and capture these famous killers. Which round would he stop at? What criminal could he not track down? He has minimal evidence, and after 5 hours, the killer is notified someone is on their track.

Round 1: Patrick Bateman, from American Psycho

No Caption Provided

Round 2: The Joker

No Caption Provided

Round 3: Hannibal Lecter

No Caption Provided

Round 4: Anton Chigurh, from No Country for Old Men

No Caption Provided

Round 5: John Kramer

No Caption Provided

Round 6: Dexter

No Caption Provided

Round 7: Red John

No Caption Provided

Who does he catch?

----------------------------

For the rest of my battles, click here!

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sherlock clears 2-4. Though serial killers aren't his expertise, He should deal with them nice enough after catching james. I'd put the order like kramer, the type holmes isn't prepared for, then anton, then joker and hannibal, trying to mess with holmes in intelligence would be bane for both of them.

Why is patric bateman round 1? From what I recall, he's like a mild reality warper being subconsciously, literally untouchable even if he confesses, and evidence is found in his office. But I was nearly asleep in the movie. If you remove that (if it exists) he'd be easier to catch than the rest.

Speaking of which, person with a higher probability to clear the psycho gauntlet fastest would be Patrick jane, while unit would be bau-criminal minds.

And highest on the gauntlet could be dexter and red john :D

MumblesOneTwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He stops at Hannibal!

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goes upto dexter.

And stops at red john. He doesn't have the feats to go up against the guy yet.

Avatar image for hulk_post_absolute_power
hulk_post_absolute_power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears the gauntlet with ease.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Red John is the only real contender in my opinion. That would be an epic battle.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Red John is the only real contender in my opinion. That would be an epic battle.

Yep, this is the very definition of awesomeness:

No Caption Provided

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

No Caption Provided

Wow, just ... wow. That's so cool!

Is there already a Patrick Jane vs Sherlock Battle?

Laughingstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think you guys watched "No country for Old Men", no way he's getting past that guy. He won't be able to find him when he gets his head blown off.

Sorry about this, SHerlock is awesome. I can only barely see him getting Hannibal Lector. If he goes against Jigsaw he gets thrown into his traps. If he goes against Joker he doesn't have a chance! That guy outsmarted Batman. He goes against Patrick and it's just brutal...! He goes against Dexter and ...maybe he takes Dexter down, Red John? Nope he's dead.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Sadly, no. It was just made by a fan, I think..

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rogueshadow  Moderator

I don't think you guys watched "No country for Old Men", no way he's getting past that guy. He won't be able to find him when he gets his head blown off.

Sorry about this, SHerlock is awesome. I can only barely see him getting Hannibal Lector. If he goes against Jigsaw he gets thrown into his traps. If he goes against Joker he doesn't have a chance! That guy outsmarted Batman. He goes against Patrick and it's just brutal...! He goes against Dexter and ...maybe he takes Dexter down, Red John? Nope he's dead.

Because Sherlock's intelligence is so far and above them, he'd outwit them with ease. He would never be in a position where he could have a bullet through the head if he didn't want to be. Outsmarting Bale Bats isn't that impressive, though Joker holds a certain type of challenge I'll admit, Round 2 - 6 blur into one tier, they would each hold a certain problem for Sherlock. But not his Final Problem.

RJ is on another level, above Moriarty. He's manipulate Patrick, who as I've said before is basically a God in his own world.

Sherlock vs RJ would likely lead to Sherlock's defeat, due to his resources and intellect which may be superior. Fooling Patrick Jane for 10 years is impressive.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator
PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1 said:

@rogueshadow: Sadly, no. It was just made by a fan, I think..

No I mean on Comicvine. You should make one.

I would have, but then there will be one less person to argue for patrick :)

Goldfinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Goldfinch
@princearagorn1 said:

@rogueshadow said:

No Caption Provided

@rogueshadow said:
@laughingstock said:

Because Sherlock's intelligence is so far and above them, he'd outwit them with ease. He would never be in a position where he could have a bullet through the head if he didn't want to be. Outsmarting Bale Bats isn't that impressive, though Joker holds a certain type of challenge I'll admit, Round 2 - 6 blur into one tier, they would each hold a certain problem for Sherlock. But not his Final Problem.

RJ is on another level, above Moriarty. He's manipulate Patrick, who as I've said before is basically a God in his own world.

Sherlock vs RJ would likely lead to Sherlock's defeat, due to his resources and intellect which may be superior. Fooling Patrick Jane for 10 years is impressive.

True, and Red John as everyone else get beaten by Stephen Norton from the Curtain: the last Poirot's story. this guy was light years better than Patrick Jane, Red John, BBC and book/novel/story Sherlock, better than Moriarty-because he was 100% invisible, murders occurred and the guy didn't do anything, people simply killed other people without anybody suspecting anything, because there was truly nothing to suspect at all.

Unlike Patrick Jane who used mind control and hypnosis, Stephen Norton used nothing, and yet people killed each other without even even suspecting if there is something suspicious, hell not even Patrick Jane would be able to figure out/detect Norton as the killer.

This is why Poirot is the best and the smartest fictional detective, the most intuitive the best psychologist, even better than Patrick Jane; and Stephen Norton from the Curtain: the last Poirot's story, is the most perfect criminal ever created in the history fictional detective stories/novels.

Book Sherlock, Patrick Jane, BBC Sherlock, Monk, and etc. have never faced that kind of criminal, because they would all fail to detect that there is a murderer, since the only thing they would see are people killing each other for various reasons.

Stephen Norton as the most perfect criminal, than in the ultra-distant second place is Red John.

roronuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moriarty is a world threat, Red John is barely even a country level threat. Sherlock has this all day.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moriarty is a world threat, Red John is barely even a country level threat. Sherlock has this all day.

Country level threat? This isn't a busting competition.

...Red john >= Patrick, and patrick's feats dwarf sherlock by a solid margin.

Goldfinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roronuffy said:

Country level threat? This isn't a busting competition.

...Red john >= Patrick, and patrick's feats dwarf sherlock by a solid margin.

No, Moriarty was entire Europe-level threat mastermind, while in the Poirot's novels the Big Four were truly world's greatest criminal organization/masterminds as well as completely 100% invisible.

roronuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By roronuffy

@princearagorn1: I disagree that Patrick's feats have dwarfed Sherlock's. Sherlock took down Moriarty's organization,which went from England all the way to the middle east and north Africa, in less than 3 years. Jane sort of stopped Red John's organization that covers California in more than 5, how does that even compare? Moriarty was the most dangerous terrorist in the world while Red John was more on par with a mafia don.

Moriarty's proven to be much more of a threat been Red John. Red John had some police officers and judges in his pocket but Moriarty had that and whole militias, armies, and even convinced the world he was a children's television show host. Even the third season villain was on par with Red John.

Also just as a little extra, Patrick Jane could barely learn Spanish after months of living in Mexico while Sherlock could learn perfect Serbian in one day. Lol Sherlock is on a different level.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roronuffy: The difference between organisations is covered by difference in intelligence itself. Patrick replicates about everything sherlock does, better. In fact, sherlock took months and months to take out the allegation on him, for things he didn't even do. Patrick was caught on camera shooting a person, confessed to the crime in court, and got out. Sherlock may be good with languages, but he's nowhere near patrick in other areas.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joker kills him.

Therickingrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red john wins, might be difficult but we never seen sherlock actually go against a threat like red john sure moriarty was smart but the guy revealed himself in a single episode imagine if he never did and Sherlock was clueless for the rest of his life thats basically red john