User Lists: 24

No Caption Provided

-Pictured Versions

- some Gold Key feats for Solar

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

etc. etc.

-Round 1 Morals On

-Round 2 Superman is Joined by SA Superboy SA Supergirl and Legion of Super-Heroes

No Caption Provided

-Round 3 1 on 1 Morals Off

- Fight Here:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

No One?

ImmortanSeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Um I think dr. Solar stomps all rounds if his hype is real

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

No One?

I can talk about literally every version of Solar but the Silver Age one...sorry=(

One of these days I will actually read the old Gold Key stuff, just have not gotten around to it yet.

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This fight has a debatable outcome in my opinion.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not sure Gold Key Solar was the one that has been hyped. Valiant Solar is the one that a certain forum has people believing he is some reality warping, multiversal deity, which isn't true. Exceedingly out of context scans and mixing and matching different versions of Solar are what created that mess. The original Valiant Solar was a planet buster if he amped at his best.

As for Gold Key Solar...I have no clue, though I will eventually read the series, since I am big Solar fan.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I need more scans of Silver Age Doctor Solar.

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImmortanSeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: well then the pis machine wins this

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:
@immortanseth said:

I am not sure Gold Key Solar was the one that has been hyped. Valiant Solar is the one that a certain forum has people believing he is some reality warping, multiversal deity, which isn't true. Exceedingly out of context scans and mixing and matching different versions of Solar are what created that mess. The original Valiant Solar was a planet buster if he amped at his best.

As for Gold Key Solar...I have no clue, though I will eventually read the series, since I am big Solar fan.

Valiant Solar could alter/create realities. All the Hype that version gets is appropriate and smokes almost anyone.

More random SA Solar feats:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wyldsong

@turoksonofstone:

Valiant Solar could alter/create realities.

You had a post in another thread I will get to in a bit, but Valiant Solar could not create realities. He altered the future in his original outing when he was thrown back in time after being amped by draining a nuclear power plant, then a sun, then lost control of his power by accidentally killing Gayle, losing it and creating the black hole which swallowed the Earth...all an accident mind you while he was distraught and overly amped, which again, threw him back in time, allowing him to change the past (he did not willingly travel time).

Bear in mind, this Solar actually saw a a decrease in power before the end of his run, when he split into two aspects with the Destroyer (an event he had no control over), and then later again with the Traveler (again, an event he had no control over). Solar by the end of his original Valiant incarnation was not at the same power levels as his beginning incarnation.

Deathmate Solar...that was a mess of a story. Basically, he seemed to operate at normal levels until at the end, he suddenly was able to turn into a black hole, which sucked up two dying universes, which also subsequently killed him. Union had to "remember" him and the two universes back into being. Neither Solar nor Union displayed such power in their regular series. That story was never referenced again in either companies canon, and was pretty much forgotten. We also do not know which Solar this was timeline wise, because the Traveler aspect separated from Solar in the far future, yet the Solar featured in the story was from some past, merged timeline, that was altered.

The original Valiant Solar ran until issue 45. That version of Solar dies in the future taking out an alien threat. Then Acclaim took over with Birthquake, where they re-imagined many of the characters. This version of Solar dies giving his life to reignite a sun. He also traveled back in time, and the way he recreated the Earth was to do small changes over the course of another planets evolution, altering it. He didn't just pop over, make a world, and there it was. It didn't happen all at once like a wish granted from a genie. He even admitted he couldn't create something from nothing, so he found a planet, and much like a gardener with a garden, worked with it, except it took pretty much the evolutionary cycle of the modern Earth for him to accomplish (give or take a few millennium). It was a process...a long, drawn out, process.

I do believe it was this new Earth that he gave his life for by reigniting the sun. Not to mention, his Earth still existed, as he goes back to it in the story.

All the Hype that version gets is appropriate and smokes almost anyone.

This is not true. Valiant Solar at the the end of his run, before Birthquake was only a planet buster if he amped, and while he had good travel speed (lightspeeds), his combat/operational speeds were at about normal human levels. He wasn't even a bullet timer...

I'll tackle your other post and break down the feats you presented, but Valiant Solar was below planetary level with the capability to amp to planet buster. Birthquake Solar was the Acclaim/Valiant Solar, and his highest feat was giving his life to reignite a sun or correcting the axis of a planet.

And then, until Dark Horse got him, there were a series of stories with the Acclaim Solar, which had the Seleski twins and so on, which is another discussion altogether, since those storylines went a different route than the original Valiant stories...which interestingly enough, the main Solar that came from all of that in Unity 2000, was directly inspired by reading the original Valiant Solar comics as a kid (and it is confirmed in Unity 2000 that the original Valiant run was just a comic book in the Acclaim comics rendition of Solar).

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman all Rounds.