Prep battle: Constantine vs. Batman

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Round 1: Chess match, 20 seconds of prep each.

Round 2: They both have to come up with the best plan to kill each other, no extra help (demons for Connie, Supes for Bman) allowed. 2 days.

Round 3: Who is better at preparation, on the whole?

Round 4: One week to kill each other, anything goes.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Constantine wins all rounds. Not only is he more cunning than Batman but his prep is better due to magic.

Magic>>>>Tech

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ComicStooge

John, every time.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@blazinghell: JohnCon has never beat an omnipotent being, don't exaggerate.

That being said JohnCon wins every round, except maybe Round 1.

Bats is too soft to hang with JohnCon.

Jmarshmallow

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John all rounds. He won't even cheat the chest round seeing as he is leagues more cunning than Batman.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John wins all rounds except chess one. Are you kidding me? Strategy and tactic is more important than being cunning and Batman is considered to be the best DC tactician.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Constantine. Batman can't even prep for the Joker properly, knowing full well the Joker always escapes Arkham.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John wins all rounds except chess one. Are you kidding me? Strategy and tactic is more important than being cunning and Batman is considered to be the best DC tactician.

Arguable. With John's level of cunning, its hard to quantify this round.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't John just use an illusion on Bruce, in the first round?

Ddecourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ddecourt

John owns Bruce.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By Strider1992

@bigcimmerian said:

Unless i'm much mistaken cunning is what is required to undermine strategy and tactics. Not to mention John could still hypnotize or create illusions to fool Bruce into making the wrong moves in round 1. He doesn't need prep to do it either. He's talked people into killing themselves and made them see things that aren't really there or happening off the bat.

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John made Supes drop to his knees with a simple spell. He would have Bats down on the ground before him in no time.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blazinghell: In any fictional universe, there can only be one omnipotent. If they have someone who is equal to or greater than them, then they're not omnipotent!

For example, both the triumvirate of Hell and the FoF are less powerful than the Presence, so they're not omnipotent. They're just nigh-omnipotent.

Which is still impressive, I just wanted to make sure the facts are straight.

And he didn't really "get one over" the Presence, he just kind of explained his situation, and the Presence agreed with it.

Like you said, it really doesn't matter since JohnCon still wins lol.

Jmarshmallow

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Constantine in a effortless curbstomp.

MumblesOneTwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MumblesOneTwo
ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: John cheats. He can easily mind control him. John Still wins even without knowing the rules, unless he gets bored throughout which could happen.

Round 2: Batman could bring the entire Justice League and still wouldn't be able to do much of anything. John was able to come up with a plan to beat omnipotents with less than a day of prep. He takes it.

Round 3: John. Most of his run is compiled with feats of prep. Batman's prep is impressive but inconsistent. Batman's plans (if you've read enough of him) tend to sometimes blow up in his face. John's plans always work. He wins.

Round 4: John simply uses the last possible hour for prep and still wins. The ridiculous arsenal of artifacts that he would be able to get his hands on would be overkill.

Johnny boy stomps all rounds. Pretty easily too.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

this needs to be locked conjohn whipes the floor with him

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is just a smart man, John is above that.A better battle is Constantine vs Morningstar but he is going to lose this one.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_red_viper  Moderator

Deathstroke is better than Batman when it comes to strategy and stuff. Though if John doesn't cheat, Batman would probably win the chess game.

John would cream him in the other rounds though.

@jmarshmallow: except maybe the FoF and the triumvirate of hell. in the hellblazer universe you could even use the event where he got one off over the presence. THOSE ARE OMNIPOTENTS. how is it an exaggeration? it happened. Then again it depends on the definition of what you would consider an omnipotent because realistically speaking you can't really have an omnipotent being in a fictional setting simply because the very fact of having them in any sort of form of character already strips them off that title. but as far as comic book lore and the limits of the galaxy within the universe are concerned, john has bested omnipotents and nighomnipotents alike (depending on your defintion). not that it matters for this discussion really he's just facing batman (LOL). I still say he wins the first round via the means I stated.

First of the Fallen is not omnipotent. He's incredibly powrful, and John killing him is a huge feat, but he's not omnipotent.

The Presence, on the other hand...

@blazinghell: In any fictional universe, there can only be one omnipotent. If they have someone who is equal to or greater than them, then they're not omnipotent!

For example, both the triumvirate of Hell and the FoF are less powerful than the Presence, so they're not omnipotent. They're just nigh-omnipotent.

Which is still impressive, I just wanted to make sure the facts are straight.

And he didn't really "get one over" the Presence, he just kind of explained his situation, and the Presence agreed with it.

Like you said, it really doesn't matter since JohnCon still wins lol.

Jmarshmallow

The Presence did agree with him. But what John said to him in a nutshell was "if I die, I'm going to hell. And we both know that if that happens, I'm gonna be running the place in half a century, tops. And we both know that you REALLY don't want this to happen."

So John sort of threatened The Presence, which is rediculous at first glance, but downright impressive.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rogueshadow  Moderator

JC

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By bigcimmerian

@jmarshmallow: except maybe the FoF and the triumvirate of hell. in the hellblazer universe you could even use the event where he got one off over the presence. THOSE ARE OMNIPOTENTS. how is it an exaggeration? it happened. Then again it depends on the definition of what you would consider an omnipotent because realistically speaking you can't really have an omnipotent being in a fictional setting simply because the very fact of having them in any sort of form of character already strips them off that title. but as far as comic book lore and the limits of the galaxy within the universe are concerned, john has bested omnipotents and nighomnipotents alike (depending on your defintion). not that it matters for this discussion really he's just facing batman (LOL). I still say he wins the first round via the means I stated.

Battling omnipotents is impossible, so these omnipotents that John fought probably allowed him to win or they are not omnipotents.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is just a smart man, John is above that.A better battle is Constantine vs Morningstar but he is going to lose this one.

ConJon loses to Lucifer.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: i know but it's better than batman vs constantine.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: Yup, I remember what happened. They were sitting around a campfire and all that, and JohnCon needed Presence's help or he was going to die.

I love JohnCon, he's one of my top 5. But "threatening" an omnipotent isn't really possible, since he could just *poof* him out with the blink of an eye.

The only reason he didn't is because he doesn't just poof out his enemies. He gives them a chance. So the only reason that he agreed with JohnCon was because he was going to do it anyway, and he LIKED JohnCon. He didn't want to have to utterly destroy him once he became King of Hell.

Jmarshmallow

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 the_red_viper  Moderator

@jmarshmallow: True. The Presence is the all loving God and he loves all his litle children, he has a set of morals that he has to follow.

But the fact still remains that John WOULD have become the king of hell and that he WOULD have been a threat to The Presence.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: The only thing the Presence acknowledge is that JohnCon would easily become King of Hell. Which is uber impressive.

But he would NOT have been a threat to the Presence. He would have been a threat to the Presence's army of Heaven. In the end, the Presence would come out, wiggle his finger and the war would be over.

Jmarshmallow

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 the_red_viper  Moderator

@jmarshmallow: Which means he would have been more dangerous that The First of the Fallen, who is God's conscience made flesh (or something like that), a nigh-omnipotent lord of hell.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: Yup. But still not omnipotent, which is the only point I'm making.

Jmarshmallow

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 the_red_viper  Moderator
Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 the_red_viper  Moderator
Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Consider this thread resurrected.

Round 1: Batman wins. Constantine cheats, you say? So does Batman.

He blinked.
He blinked.

Round 2: Batman wins. Constantine has outsmarted/outwitted god-beings, you say? So has Batman.

Outwits the New God Desaad.
Outwits the New God Desaad.
Outplays Darkseid with a bluff.
Outplays Darkseid with a bluff.

Manipulates the Spectre into breaking his barrier.
Manipulates the Spectre into breaking his barrier.

Round 3: Batman wins. Constantine is great at prep, but no one thinks or preps like Bruce. His mind works on a whole other level.

From the person who knows him better than anyone:
From the person who knows him better than anyone: "He is a mind like no other."
We all know how this turned out.
We all know how this turned out.

Round 4: Batman wins. Constantine has a large amount of resources at his disposal, you say? Batman has more. Not going to bother with scans. (maybe I'll edit some in later)

AnnamalHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Constantine is really overhyped by some here.

Overall prep he is not on Batman's level. He's a better manipulator then Bruce but that's really about it

UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@annamalhouse: I think you have it twisted, Batman's prep is quite overrated compared to Constantine, he doesn't have comparable feats.

SteelMan2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Constantine

UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Constantine wins, he's the true prep god of DC.

Blaze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Blaze-

Constantine wins, he's the true prep god of DC.