Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Raw_Material

Rules/Settings

• Earth-616 Wolverine
  • Morals On
  • No BFR (Can't take opponent into water or other terrain)
  • Standard Gear
  • Logan Slept with Mera, and Arthur finds out
  • Win by Incapacitation, KO, or Submission

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By homicidalmaniac

Didn't bullets make N52 Aquaman bleed?Then shouldn't Logan claw's pierce Aquaman skin easily?

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Didn't bullets make N52 Aquaman bleed?Then shouldn't Logan claw's pierce Aquaman skin easily?

Yeah, but Aquaman is much stronger.

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sync1: I know that,but Logan have taken hits from Hulk who is a Class 100.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

That was really weird given that a few issues later he was sprayed with loads of bullets and nothing happened to him.

Anywho, I think Aquaman wins after a good one. His trident gives him extra reach, he's undoubtly stronger and a more talented fighter. Logan would give him hell though.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Raw_Material
@homicidalmaniac said:

Yup, he's been shown to bleed from the face from heavy firearms, but will Wolverine be able to get into close range so that he could inflict the damage against Aquaman? Aquaman possesses a weapon enabling him to keep Logan distanced, so it'll take a good combo or set-up for Wolverine to get inside of him. Both are very elusive and experts in the powerful weapons they wield. I think this one could go either way IMO and that's why I wanted to post this one up. Two of my favorite characters going toe-to-toe. Will Wolverine be able to make Aquaman into fish fillet or will Aquaman show him that inheritance is everything for a superhuman fighter, not being mutated into one. One huge difference I see in this battle is that Wolverine's 5'3 and Aquaman's well over 6 feet and 200+ lbs.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Raw_Material
@the_red_viper said:

@homicidalmaniac said:

That was really weird given that a few issues later he was sprayed with loads of bullets and nothing happened to him.

Anywho, I think Aquaman wins after a good one. His trident gives him extra reach, he's undoubtly stronger and a more talented fighter. Logan would give him hell though.

This is more of an artist thing. The more details to the panels the better in their eyes, but I think they made the blood shed from bullets more of an error due to the fact that Aquaman's physiology enables him to withstand massive amount of pressure and force. In the early Justice League he was able totank high caliber bullets from helicopters without bleeding (Thanks for that Jim Lee!)

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman gets speedblitzed, but...Bullets were making him bleed yes but it takes more strength than wolverine has to actually cut through anything major on aquaman.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sync1

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

Aquaman gets speedblitzed, but...Bullets were making him bleed yes but it takes more strength than wolverine has to actually cut through anything major on aquaman.

He only bled from the face, because it's the only part of his body that is exposed. His armor protects him.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Shawnbaby
Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Raw_Material

@shawnbaby said:

@raw_material: Not only has this fight been done before...but you yourself have done it! You're duping your own thread!

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/aquaman-vs-wolverine-752905/

Totally different settings from this one I made, lol. And that one was before everyone else started to like Aquaman, when almost everyone on here used to roast on him because of his "abilities" and choose opposing sides in his battles. Now that Geoff Johns is delivering more feats rather than story telling, I thought it would be a good idea to repost another battle but with a more reasonable settings. Plus, it seems like the ones that put him down before are actually getting some senses into them in certain battles that are wins for him. This fight is a very close one to call and think it's a great match-up for the both of them. Again, this could go either way and that's why I wanted to post this.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material: The settings are not that different...not different enough to justify another thread anyway.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: Umm no trident for Aquaman? Okay there.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@shawnbaby said:

@raw_material: The settings are not that different...not different enough to justify another thread anyway.

I'm gonna have to agree with Shawn here. Not much of anything different and definitely not something that warranted a near exact duplicate made by the same person. You even have the same thing about Logan sleeping with Mera and didn't write as much in this OP. Just bump the old one and change the OP or something.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Raw_Material

@shawnbaby: Pre-52 Aquaman's able to dodge mutliple arrows simultaneously. I wanted to see how people saw his speed, agility, and durability in the New 52 series (even though we see him stand in front of bullets and just tank them in earlier issues). Both Pre-52 and New 52 his swimming speed is pratically the same, as he's been able to reach hypersonic speeds.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#16 god_spawn  Moderator

Didn't notice the other thread was locked, so this is not necessarily a dupe thread since the other one isn't even active.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: I didn't realize it was locked either. Objection withdrawn.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Raw_Material
Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still a mismatch since current wolverine wouldn't survive getting his brain smashed against the side of his adamantium skull when aquaman's fist makes contact.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is what Aquaman want to tell you about it:

No Caption Provided

Arthur win

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Yeah, I'm siding greatly on Arthur's favour here. Logan's inconsistency against powerhouses like Hulk shouldn't be used here. When he went against a serious Hulk, he was decimated. That's not to say that I'm stating Arthur possesses the same level of strength but it's definitely right up there seeing as he sent Superman reeling backwards from a single hit and was gaining a definite upper-hand against Diana. Add in the Trident which hands him an insane amount of reach and is backed up by magical properties, I'd say that it's possible that it could deflect attacks from Logan's claws.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman ftw

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material:

Win by incapacitation? Okay. Wolverine charges in and gets impaled between his ribs via Trident. Aquaman then imbeds said Trident into the sidewalk with Wolverine stuck to it like an hors d'oeuvre and holds on to the Trident's handle. Arthur possesses way more than enough strength to keep him there for days. Weeks if necessary. All he'd need is for some kind pedestrian to bring him a glass of water periodically over the next few days. Aquaman wins.

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By homicidalmaniac

@cheesesticks: Yeah a single bullet just made his skin bleed,but the armor is bulletproof.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Wolverine008

This is a serious mismatch..................................

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you thewolverine04?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Raw_Material

In favor of who though? I could see this one go either way IMO. And I'm a huge fan of Aquaman, and Wolverine for that matter.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material: In favor of who though? I could see this one go either way IMO. And I'm a huge fan of Aquaman, and Wolverine for that matter.

Aquaman treats the X-Man like a Vienna Sausage right before guests come over. He should stick to fighting dumbass bricks like the Hulk and/or Wendigo.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material:

This is a mismatch in Aquaman's favor IMO. With or without morals, he can still take out Wolverine in multiple ways.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Raw_Material

@wolverine08:

Are we still talking about the same Wolverine here? The one that's able to dodge bullets with his enhanced reflexes and disarm them from his enemies showcasing superhuman speed and agility. IIRC this alone is a quite impressive feat overall for Wolverine He's also been able to tag Storm while she was trying to get away and also dismantle Giests cybernetics faster than the normal eyes could follow. I know there's some scans out there for us to pick from.

Ho yea, and he was also able to punture the Thing.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material:

Oh crap, I didn't completely read your rules/settings, I thought Arthur had access to water and other things. I think this fight can go either way now.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material:

Oh crap, I didn't completely read your rules/settings, I thought Arthur had access to water and other things. I think this fight can go either way now.

Lol, read the OP! I made the settings so that it would be more of a match-up for the both.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheesesticks: Yeah a single bullet just made his skin bleed,but the armor is bulletproof.

Yes but he doesn't even care to protect his face, so i imagine it doesn't hurt him at all.

TheWolverine04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@wolverine08 said:

Are you thewolverine04?

I am.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sync1
Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman Should win this, after a long fight. It feels pretty good to see Aquaman getting respect

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homicidalmaniac: aquaman was out of the water for a while, and they did it to make him look badass.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Deranged Midget

@wolverine08:

Are we still talking about the same Wolverine here? The one that's able to dodge bullets with his enhanced reflexes and disarm them from his enemies showcasing superhuman speed and agility. IIRC this alone is a quite impressive feat overall for Wolverine He's also been able to tag Storm while she was trying to get away and also dismantle Giests cybernetics faster than the normal eyes could follow. I know there's some scans out there for us to pick from.

Just something to point out, a vast majority of street level characters have dodged bullets with ease and they aren't technically peak human. Punisher, Daredevil, Bullseye, Elektra for example. Dodging bullets isn't going to help much against a guy who takes punches from Diana and Clark, two of the strongest beings on DC Earth and retaliates by sending Clark flying backwards and gaining an upper hand on Diana when he got serious.

IMO, think World War Hulk vs Logan except a somewhat smarter and more strategic fighter with a well suited ranged weapon.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material:

Win by incapacitation? Okay. Wolverine charges in and gets impaled between his ribs via Trident. Aquaman then imbeds said Trident into the sidewalk with Wolverine stuck to it like an hors d'oeuvre and holds on to the Trident's handle. Arthur possesses way more than enough strength to keep him there for days. Weeks if necessary. All he'd need is for some kind pedestrian to bring him a glass of water periodically over the next few days. Aquaman wins.

hahahahaha damn

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I'm siding greatly on Arthur's favour here. Logan's inconsistency against powerhouses like Hulk shouldn't be used here. When he went against a serious Hulk, he was decimated. That's not to say that I'm stating Arthur possesses the same level of strength but it's definitely right up there seeing as he sent Superman reeling backwards from a single hit and was gaining a definite upper-hand against Diana. Add in the Trident which hands him an insane amount of reach and is backed up by magical properties, I'd say that it's possible that it could deflect attacks from Logan's claws.

All though wolverine does have inconsistent showings in terms of tanking damage when it comes to his claws doing damage they always damage bricks. Even in ww hulk wolverine was able to cut hulk (granted he said hulk was harder to cut but still). He has also cut gladiator, thor, thing, thanos, etc (granted his cuts with thor and thanos didn't go deep but the fact he still cut them says a lot). He should be able to cut aquaman especially since his showings against piercing damage in the new 52 haven't been that good. Whenever bullets hit his non armored parts he bleeds (granted there isn't too much damage to aquaman but it still shows aquamans resistance to stabbing isn't quite as good as it is blunt force).

As for hulk vs wolverine the reason wolverine can't beat him is mainly due to his healing factor. Hulks healing factor just makes it too hard for wolverine to put him down. To my knowledge aquaman hasn't shown a healing factor so wolverine should be able to take aquaman down.

I think what aquaman did to superman and wonder woman was more so an issue of balance then it was a showing of strength. We have seen characters get sent flying by characters vastly weaker then them in the past. Sometimes stronger characters underestimate the strength of weaker characters. To keep things relevant to the thread here is an example of wolverine sending Peter flying with a back fist:

No Caption Provided

We know that if it ever came to a contest of strength spider-man would rag doll wolverine pretty easily. But here spider-man is surprised at wolverines strength level and gets sent flying here. l I think Aquaman did something similar to superman and wonder woman. He just surprised them with his strength.

I would say wolverine wins this. I think he is faster then Aquaman and he also has the means to hurt him, and put aquaman down.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I have no quarrel in stating that Logan can most definitely do some damage with claws and therein lies the biggest problem for Arthur. Nor am I really bashing at Logan either in terms of speed, which he has proved on multiple occasions that he's completely capable of holding his own against Spider-Man, albeit one that never really takes him seriously. We've generally seen what Ock demonstrated when he was serious, despite catching Logan off guard and when he never really intended to hurt him.

My point is that while Arthur has to keep his distance, he's more than capable of doing so especially with his trident which can land some wicked damage itself as he effortlessly managed to halt a truck in it's tracks and lift it over his head. There is not a doubt in my mind that Arthur can't replicate that with Logan as in character, he generally favours bull-rushing his enemies rather than fighting strategically, even against brutes.

I will grant you that Hulk manages to last and defeat Logan due to being incredibly slow and generally a very poor hand to hand fighter outside of his enormous strength. Difference is, Arthur possesses a similar degree of strength with a strategic warrior's mind, a similar sense of morality and speed of his own. Arthur won't be blindly jumping at Logan and if he get's his hands on him with either the Trident or simply landing any sort of hits similar to those he landed on Clark or Diana, Logan isn't getting up too easily and I'd say he's more than capable enough of throwing punches faster than Hulk or any other brute Logan has typically went up against and he's proven that he's quite capable with his trident and I can see him deflecting and/or keeping Logan at a range with ease.

Additionally, not to bash on Peter in any sense, but I wouldn't be putting his durability in the same league as Arthur's but I do understand what you were trying to get around with that scan.

TheWolverine04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material:

I'm not making any bets on this match but how do you know Logan's adamantium can't break Arthur's trident?

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet said:

@raw_material:

I'm not making any bets on this match but how do you know Logan's adamantium can't break Arthur's trident?

It's magic based. It's deemed indestructible in the storyline.

TheWolverine04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sync1: Oh I see. I know the one Ocean Master had was magical, but I missed that about Arthur's.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Raw_Material
@thewolverine04 said:

@heraldofganthet said:

@raw_material:

Like what sync said, it's magic based, and one of the seven powerful Atlantean relics created by the first King of Atlantis and deemed indestructible in the New 52 Justice League series, and is considered one of the most powerful weapons in the DCU (from 'The Others' story arc). Although, the other six relics consist of a some kind of magic, we have yet to see the full potential behind the trident and only have seen the strength and somewhat durability of it. He has even shown some very impressive feats with it including being the only Leaguer to have pierce and make Darkseid bleed, shattered Graves mystical barrier which was also considered unbreakable, flipping a truck. He has shown great agility wielding it as depicted when he faced multiple Trench monsters, Talons, and the Atlantean army. Not saying Wolverine doesn't have those sort of impressive feats like that, but Aquaman's trident is in no danger to his admantium claws as far as I know and could be able to deflect Logans blows with it no that we bring up the discussion IMO.

TheWolverine04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheWolverine04

. He has even shown some very impressive feats with it including being the only Leaguer to have pierce and make Darkseid bleed, shattered Graves mystical barrier which was also considered unbreakable, flipping a truck.

The first two sound very impressive, but the last one lol.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Raw_Material

@thewolverine04 said:

@raw_material said:
. He has even shown some very impressive feats with it including being the only Leaguer to have pierce and make Darkseid bleed, shattered Graves mystical barrier which was also considered unbreakable, flipping a truck.

The first two sound very impressive, but the last one lol.

Lol, I just wanted to add that one in cause again he hardly has any feats with his trident, but the rare feats that have been shown so far are pretty cool. He has more, but I can't find them right now, gotta go digging.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material said:

@wolverine08:

Just something to point out, a vast majority of street level characters have dodged bullets with ease and they aren't technically peak human. Punisher, Daredevil, Bullseye, Elektra for example. Dodging bullets isn't going to help much against a guy who takes punches from Diana and Clark, two of the strongest beings on DC Earth and retaliates by sending Clark flying backwards and gaining an upper hand on Diana when he got serious.

IMO, think World War Hulk vs Logan except a somewhat smarter and more strategic fighter with a well suited ranged weapon.

I know what you mean, but here's what I'm talking about.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Only a few street levelers in the MU could do what Wolverine does. His enhanced senses, speed, and reflex IMO is what sets him apart from other street level scrappers including many superhumans, and mutants.