No Caption Provided

Who wins?

_Cerberus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Forerunners via Hard Light tech & Composer.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Dougal_Mcduff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dougal_Mcduff

c'tan could possibly destroy the composer, and would it work on the necrons?

Dougal_Mcduff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and even if it did what's to stop the from gaussing the crap out of it

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Necrons would win. They vastly outnumber the Forerunners and their warp capabilities are WAY above anyone in the Halo universe. Weapon-wise I'd say they are roughly equal, but Necrons can constantly repair themselves, and their more advanced units are roughly on par with the Didact.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@equonox said:

Necrons would win. They vastly outnumber the Forerunners and their warp capabilities are WAY above anyone in the Halo universe. Weapon-wise I'd say they are roughly equal, but Necrons can constantly repair themselves, and their more advanced units are roughly on par with the Didact.

*coughCTANcough*

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Necrons ftw imo.

Orikan travels back in time to Ghibalb with a size able troop of Nekron warriors laying waste to the planet or making the young race of forerunners his personal slaves.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Frocharocha

@equonox said:

I don't know much of Warhammer 40k Universe. Whomever The Forerunners from the books and games are vastly different in terms of power.

In the books The War Sphinx could decimate entire continents but it was already outdated by thousands yearsrs when Bornstellar arrived on Earth.

The Didact is roughly 120,000 years old and i'ts one of the most skilled Forerunner fighter. In the books, his armor is equiped with thousands of different weapons and a very complex strategic system agaisn't all treats.

Forerunners had trilions of citizents and bilions of capital ships (war-made). Forerunner dreadnoughts weapons were known to fire on teratons scale rang and were stroung enough to winstand exatons of firepower without a single scratch. Evem when the Flood conquered the galaxy, the Forerunners had over 2 milions capital with over 50 km in length. Those ships were used to vaporized entire solar system. Forerunner weaponry was based on super advanced plasma. That Plasma was very effective agaisn't the flood. Because it would burn them into molecular level thus making the flood unable to regenerate or revive.

The Forerunner sentinels destroyed all Covenant on Harvest with little trouble. Covenant Super Carriers are equipped with over 20,000 plasma cannons which fire on 20 gigaton each. And only two sentinels destroyed those ships. Sentinels on Halo wars and on the books were show to be able to instantly hack human and covenant vessels when they felt treatened.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@equonox said:

I don't know much of Warhammer 40k Universe. Whomever The Forerunners from the books and games are vastly different in terms of power.

In the books The War Sphinx could decimate entire continents but it was already outdated by thousands yearsrs when Bornstellar arrived on Earth.

The Didact is roughly 120,000 years old and i'ts one of the most skilled Forerunner fighter. In the books, his armor is equiped with thousands of different weapons and a very complex strategic system agaisn't all treats.

Forerunners had trilions of citizents and bilions of capital ships (war-made). Forerunner dreadnoughts weapons were known to fire on teratons scale rang and were stroung enough to winstand exatons of firepower without a single scratch. Evem when the Flood conquered the galaxy, the Forerunners had over 2 milions capital with over 50 km in length. Those ships were used to vaporized entire solar system. Forerunner weaponry was based on super advanced plasma. That Plasma was very effective agaisn't the flood. Because it would burn them int omolecular level thus makign the flood unable to regenerate or revive.

The Forerunner sentinels destroyed all Covenant on Harvest with little trouble. Covenant Super Carriers are equipped with over 20,000 plasma cannons which fire on 20 gigaton each. And only two sentinels destroyed those ships. Sentinels on Halo wars and on the books were show to be able to instantly hack human and covenant vessels when they felt treatened.

Though I'm fairly certain that Calculation for the latter one involving Covenant Super Carrier firepower is a bit off, he is right about the Forerunners being INSANE in the level of manpower, firepower, production rates, technology, and strategic/tactical synchronicity they could out put. I mean...these guys built planet sized installations to BUILD planet sized installations capable of life-wiping across the Milky Way and just a SINGLE one of their planets was capable of mass producing trillions upon trillion of various sentinels that stomped multi-kilometer long battle ships like Chuck Norris would smack around a new born baby with brittle bone disease. This is NOT the Imperium of Man they're fighting here. The Forerunners, at their height, were what the God Emperor WISHES they were even back when he was trying to set up the Imperium.

Now, I get that the Necrons were more powerful when they were clashing with the forces of Chaos long ago, but really, the only way they'd win is if they had enough Star eating C'Tans, Nightbringer type ships, and time travel. All this talk about Gaussing the crap out of them from !@dougal_mcduff just serves to show his lack of knowledge on the Forerunners and his hard on for the Star Vampires from the Cthulu mythos amped up that the C'Tans are and his over-investment in the slow, shambling, skeleton robot cannon fodder of the Necrons. Unless of course, even the cannon fodder skeleton robots were amped up considerably back then instead of how they're portrayed in the 41st Century.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HeWhoSees

To those wondering how powerful the Forerunners were at their peak, on another site, they beat the Galactic Empire at IT'S peak. Yes. The Death Star, Sun Crusher, force users, and all of the thousands of Ships that the often talked about and wanked for all its milk Empire were flattened by the Forerunners.

Your new nightmares may begin and then, afterwards, I'll tell you about the Xeelee and the Photino Birds.

http://www.factpile.com/4765-forerunners-vs-galactic-empire/

dakkad00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dakkad00d

Necron World Engine, C'tans, Time manipulation devices... yeah Necrons take this.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To those wondering how powerful the Forerunners were at their peak, on another site, they beat the Galactic Empire at IT'S peak. Yes. The Death Star, Sun Crusher, force users, and all of the thousands of Ships that the often talked about and wanked for all its milk Empire were flattened by the Forerunners.

Your new nightmares may begin and then, afterwards, I'll tell you about the Xeelee and the Photino Birds.

That's... really not that impressive. There are dozens of groups that can stomp the Galactic Empire.

As to the battle, I've seen really good arguments both ways. Both sides have dimensional engineering out the wazoo, really heavy duty ships, and incredible hacking abilities. I don't know which side would win, but galaxy they were fighting in would definitely loose.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees said:

That's... really not that impressive. There are dozens of groups that can stomp the Galactic Empire.

As to the battle, I've seen really good arguments both ways. Both sides have dimensional engineering out the wazoo, really heavy duty ships, and incredible hacking abilities. I don't know which side would win, but galaxy they were fighting in would definitely loose.

When you consider the Galactic Empire beat out the Imperium of Man...

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Imperator

@hewhosees: Meh, not going to comment on another site's debate, but it just depends on the fans, and which calcs are used. Warhammer high calcs are way above Star Wars high calcs, and on average Warhammer pulls out ahead in per ship firepower, mainly because their ships are bigger and much, much more heavily armored than Star Wars craft. The Empire has FTL advantage, and communication advantage, but in a straight fight they would lose IMHO.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HeWhoSees

@the_imperator said:

@hewhosees: Meh, not going to comment on another site's debate, but it just depends on the fans, and which calcs are used. Warhammer high calcs are way above Star Wars high calcs, and on average Warhammer pulls out ahead in per ship firepower, mainly because their ships are bigger and much, much more heavily armored than Star Wars craft. The Empire has FTL advantage, and communication advantage, but in a straight fight they would lose IMHO.

You also forgot total ship numbers as an advantage for the Empire against the Imperium. And the production capacity of the Empire. You also don't seem to know a lot of the sizes for the ships of the Empire because, if you did, that horse hocky about the Imperium's ships being larger wouldn't fly as much as you'd want it to.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Calc for the forerunners:

“The Sharpened Shield is roughly 300 million km in diameter with a G2 type star slightly smaller than Sol at the core, with a volume of roughly 7 septillion km^3 she boasted a habitable surface area of 255 quadrillion km^2 (some 550 million times the surface area of Earth). Assuming the Shield has a paltry 2 km thick shell the overall volume of the structure would equal 282 quadrillion km^3 of material (which assuming it had a density of iron would weigh more than the sun itself); even if Didact began construction of the project immediately following the end of the Human-Forerunner war and it continued up until his exile in an 8,000 year time period as a lower limit the Forerunners would have to assemble 1,120,716 cubic kilometers of material per second. To put it into accepted SW-vs-ST parlance, that’s the equivalent of manufacturing the second Death Star every five minutes, non-stop, for nearly eight thousand years – or stripping away an Earth sized planet every nine days.”

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Chaos Prime

Can the forerunners stop the Necrons from teleporting/portals onto their ships?

Because one Nekron Overlord alone was able to unleash enough Canoptek Scarabs that they blocked out the sun.& thats one little stow away the Forerunners wont want running about on their ships.

Imo it comes down to defence & imo if the Forerunners cant stop the on fleet invasion then their doomed.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because one Nekron Overlord alone was able to unleash enough Canoptek Scarabs that they blocked out the sun.& thats one little stow away the Forerunners wont want running about on their ships.

Imo it comes down to defence & imo if the Forerunners cant stop the on fleet invasion then their doomed.

Can the Necrons stop the same thing happening on their ships?

Also, if you bothered to look at that production rate I showed you, I think the real question is if the Necrons have a production rate like that.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos_prime said:

Also, if you bothered to look at that production rate I showed you, I think the real question is if the Necrons have a production rate like that.

So please tell me then how they go about stopping Orikan going back in time to Ghibalb & laying waste to the planet?

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HeWhoSees

@hewhosees said:

@chaos_prime said:

So please tell me then how they go about stopping Orikan going back in time to Ghibalb & laying waste to the planet?

By having three million more worlds with similar production capacities that can churn out trillions upon trillions of cannon fodder robots he'd need to take out?

Anyways, really. Stop trying to argue for the time traveler. He's a time traveler. There's no need to make your point about a time traveler. He's a time traveler. The point I'm trying to argue is if the Necron's, without their Cthulu Mythos space gods, have what it takes to take down the Forerunners because, as of right now, that's the only reason they'd win.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos_prime said:

@hewhosees said:

@chaos_prime said:

By having three million more worlds with similar production capacities that can churn out trillions upon trillions of cannon fodder robots he'd need to take out?

Anyways, really. Stop trying to argue for the time traveler. He's a time traveler. There's no need to make your point about a time traveler. He's a time traveler. The point I'm trying to argue is if the Necron's, without their Cthulu Mythos space gods, have what it takes to take down the Forerunners because, as of right now, that's the only reason they'd win.

Pardon? That makes no sense.Orikan arrives before they even evolve & their original home world becomes dust.

Have u read the OP dont tell me wot debate can & cant be used here because im well within the rules unless the OP is changed.

So my original post stands.

Nekrons ftw.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HeWhoSees

@hewhosees said:

@chaos_prime said:

@hewhosees said:

@chaos_prime said:

Pardon? That makes no sense.Orikan arrives before they even evolve & their original home world becomes dust.

Have u read the OP dont tell me wot debate can & cant be used here because im well within the rules unless the OP is changed.

So my original post stands.

Nekrons ftw.

Does he have telepathy?

Also, so you admit that, without the time traveler, the Necrons would be dust?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Necrons. Thanks to the new Codex they are stupidly overpowered. Pocket dimensions, reality warping, time control, can repair themselves on a molecular level, have pet C'tan's etc....

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Chaos Prime

@hewhosees Brief rundown on Orikan`s Basic powers as a Cryptek astromancer.

Harbinger of Despair: Also known as psychomancers, they are masters of influencing the organic mind and psychological warfare. With their Abyssal Staves they can spread madness among enemy ranks. They are also capable of causing dread in their enemies and of dematerialising and rematerialising their comrades.

Harbinger of Destruction: Also known as plasmancers, they are masters of raw energy and can shoot devastating blasts of furious energy and pulses of light that illuminate the entire battlefield from their Eldritch Lances in battle. Their gaze of flickering witch-fire falters the onset of even the bravest attacker.

Harbinger of Eternity: Also known as chronomancers, they are masters of time and knowledge of the future flows through their every act. They can rarely be trusted as they always have an idea of how any event will unfold. They wield Aeonstaves with sapphire heads, capable of trapping a enemy in a bubble of slow-time, a Chronometron capable of changing time, and the ability to crystallize time around themselves in a a way that blocks their enemies' blows.

Harbinger of Transmogrification: Practicing an art once known as alchemy, they specialize in the transmutation of matter from one form to another and to animate the inanimate. They use the Harp of Dissonance that can change Adamantium to brittle glass with a single booming bass note, the Seismic Crucible to induce seismic activity in rock, metal and air, and the Tremorstave causes quakes that knock enemies away.

Harbinger of The Storm: Also known as ethermancers, they are capable of manipulating the weather against their foes. The Voltaic Staff which shoots lightning, and the Ether Crystal summons pressures wave and bolts of lightning to buffet their enemies. They are also capable of calling upon emerald Lightning Fields to protect their allies.

Quote from the battle of HeliosVI

Orikan traveled back in time and ambushed the Space Marines, ensuring that his original prediction came to pass and his reputation was intact. He takes great care to keep his advanced time traveling abilities from his peers, ensuring that he holds an advantage over them.

& to answer your question no imo without the time travel the Necrons would still be able too withstand & lauch an attack powerful enough to take this encounter.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Necrons. Thanks to the new Codex they are stupidly overpowered. Pocket dimensions, reality warping, time control, can repair themselves on a molecular level, have pet C'tan's etc....

Considering Forerunner weaponry goes even deeper than the molecular level in what they disintegrate (the atomic level), that last one isn't so impressive.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Strider1992

@hewhosees: Only specialist weapons. IIRC standard Forerunners are armed with Z-250's (Light Rifles) they do have the tech for molecular disintegration but its not a standard weapons choice nor is one that is given to troops either. Necrons on the other hand are armed with Guass Flayers that do destroy things on a molecular level as well as reconstruct themselves on a molecular level due to the fact they are made of living Necrodermis. That's the major difference. Basic Necron troops are armed with weapons that would be considered exceedingly advanced by Halo levels. Yes they do have them but they are not standard for troops nor do they have nearly as many of them as the Necrons who number in their Billions.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HeWhoSees

@hewhosees: Only specialist weapons. IIRC standard Forerunners are armed with Z-250's (Light Rifles) they do have the tech for molecular disintegration but its not a standard weapons an is not a weapon that is given to troops either. Necrons on the other hand are armed with Guass Flayers that do destroy things on a molecular level as well as reconstruct themselves on a molecular level due to the fact they are made of living Necrodermis. That's the major difference. Basic Necron troops are armed with weapons that would be considered exceedingly advanced by Halo levels. Yes they do have them but they are not standard for troops nor do they have nearly as many of them as the Necrons who number in their Billions.

You mean like the Sentinels, which were specifically designed to combat the flood, who could also regenerate on the atomic level (by the way, there's a difference between atomic and molecular. Molecules are comprised of atoms and this are larger) and who numbered in the trillions on Onyx alone?

Also, the statement that Gauss Flayers would be exceedingly advanced is a bigger crock of shit than what you'd get in the toilet of a competitive eater after having to munch down on three dozen fajita's. By the UNSC and Covenant standards ya, but the Forerunners? Need I remind that these were the guys who built microdison spheres, Galactic level Superweapons made out of several planet sized ringworlds still functional after 100,000 years, a giant world size construction yard designed to build those ringworlds, could travel around the galaxy in a matter of hours, built fifty kilometer long ships, and whose big epic space battle with the flood involved millions upon of ships on both side and that was largely lead by an AI on their side who could coordinate the assault with an epic pinpoint efficiency that millions, of skynets would be jealous of, who manipulated space-time in large scale warfare like no one's business, whose organic soldiers could control and manipulate thousands or millions of robotic drones at once.

You could say it might be noteworthy or interesting to the Forerunners, but please, next time, choose your word more carefully and do you research, because a Gauss Flayer is not exceedingly advanced by Forerunner standards. Maybe kinda or moderately, but not exceedingly.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Strider1992

@hewhosees: Again you missing the point. The Forerunners do have weapons that can one-shot planets etc..... but so do the Necrons what i'm saying is that even their most basic run of the mill fodder is armed with a weapon that can destroy things on a molecular level. Forerunner standard weapons are lightrifles which while advanced by Halo and Covenant standard aren't on the same level. What i'm getting at is if the most basic Necron can repair itself or a molecular level and destroy things the same way what do you think their equivalent to Forerunner heavy weapons? Even human heavy weapons in 40k one-shot planets and the Necrons have been stated by Techpriests to make their tech look ancient.

What i'm saying is that while Forerunners have atomic level weapons that is a specialist weapon and their basic troop weapons are concentrated energy. Where as molecular destruction is such a simple trick for the Necrons their standard fodder troops are running round with them for tuh lolz. Thats the difference.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pokergeist

@hewhosees: Wow, the fanboy is strong with this one. LOL

Agreed.

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Necrons detonate the Celestial orrery and the Forerunners go kaboom.

Well all of them would have but that gosh darn Trazyn just made off with the Halo rings.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the Forerunners can win this as they where what the Necrons wanted to be. a Galaxy spanning Empire. keep in mind that the only reason the Forerunners lost to the flood was the fact that they disarmed at thrrer peak they killed of a type 0 civilization, they built massive constructs like the Shield worlds the Halos, the Ark, and Requiem. they created monstrously powerful artifacts, and they have the technology to mess with space time. Once the Forerunners figure out that they need to kill the tombs to destroy the Necrons it is over.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the Forerunners can win this as they where what the Necrons wanted to be. a Galaxy spanning Empire. keep in mind that the only reason the Forerunners lost to the flood was the fact that they disarmed at thrrer peak they killed of a type 0 civilization, they built massive constructs like the Shield worlds the Halos, the Ark, and Requiem. they created monstrously powerful artifacts, and they have the technology to mess with space time. Once the Forerunners figure out that they need to kill the tombs to destroy the Necrons it is over.

Necrons where that, before cryostasis.

Necron weapons are>>eldar's and eldar can bust stars, leave out busting worlds.

The Necron ships tank world busting attacks, travel faster than theirs, and Necron have C'tan.

These Star gods are easily planetary level reality warpers, can drain stars, are FTL,defy the laws of physics.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Necrons were stopped by the emerging new races before they could clame dominance of the galaxy

The forerunners have the technology to make a weapons that can kill all seintenient life in the entire galaxy that is > star buster

Hard light weapons and armor

those C'tan you mentioned they where brought down by tech what makes you think the Forerunners who have acess to there own realaty warping tech (see Onyx) can not seal them.

also the Ctan are sealed by the Necrons ATM so no unleashing them on the Forerunners unless they want to destroy themselves .

even worse for the Necrons what happens when the Forerunner figure out how to control the Ctan?

Also the Forerunners have Undying infantry (prothian knights) so the Necrons are not the only ones with that advantage.

also the Forerunners have the home Galaxy advantage

@pierpat

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Necrons were stopped by the emerging new races before they could clame dominance of the galaxy

The forerunners have the technology to make a weapons that can kill all seintenient life in the entire galaxy that is > star buster

Hard light weapons and armor

those C'tan you mentioned they where brought down by tech what makes you think the Forerunners who have acess to there own realaty warping tech (see Onyx) can not seal them.

also the Ctan are sealed by the Necrons ATM so no unleashing them on the Forerunners unless they want to destroy themselves .

even worse for the Necrons what happens when the Forerunner figure out how to control the Ctan?

Also the Forerunners have Undying infantry (prothian knights) so the Necrons are not the only ones with that advantage.

also the Forerunners have the home Galaxy advantage

@pierpat

The war in heaven Necrons where the Mayor force of the galaxy, and had TONS of prefectly unsealed C'tans. And Op states clearly War in Heaven Necrons.And at that time C'tan where not controlled, but where allies/leaders.

So, imho necrons are over, and the sentient life buster is a bit hyped imho.

War of heaven Necrons+C'tans Stomped the Anciets, that have feats that overcome the ones of the Forerunners.

War of Heaven necrons>>>>>>>>>>Current Necrons

Current necrons could lose, but WoH Necrons stomp IMO.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The point still stands that the Ctan where brought down and sealed by just technology so why cant the Forerunners do the same thing?

not really last I checked the Necrons never managed that feat.

Not really impressive as the Ancient ones where stated to be peaceful

As the Forerunners have the home field advantage the necrons would have to assault Shield worlds which make the Death star look like a child's toy and there are countless Shield worlds do the math there .

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1