Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

Kraven vs Boba Fett.

In character.  Standard versions of both, except:

Fett has crash-landed on Earth in a jungle.  The crash has destroyed his armor, but he retains his helmet with its sensors and targeting array, and he also has most of his individual weapons: his carbine, blaster pistol, light saber, wrist laser, wrist rocket, whip, and flame thrower.  Just to repeat, he does not have his armor (or jetpack).

Kraven knows he's here, has somehow heard of Fett's reputation as a warrior, and wants to defeat him for the honor of it.  He has basic info on Fett, but does not know exactly what weapons Fett is carrying.  Kraven has only his standard weapons (bolo, arrows, machete, blowgun, spear, knives, net, various poisons), as well as whatever he can make from the jungle.  Kraven is familiar with this location.

Fett is trying to get a nearby city, where he knows there is a secret teleporter back to the Star Wars galaxy.  He must travel 25 miles on foot from his present location to get there.  (He has a 5-mile head start on Kraven.)  Fett is on the alert, and may take any steps necessary to stop any possible pursuit, but does not specifically know Kraven is hunting him.

Can Kraven trap and/or defeat Fett before Fett gets to the teleporter?

Kraven
Kraven
Boba Fett
Boba Fett
Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Fetts

I'd like to point out a couple things: 
1. Boba Fett has only had a lightsaber in one questionably cannon comic. 
2. As far as I'm aware, Boba has never wielded a whip. 
3. Boba's armor would survive a crash. In fact, I believe it has. 

In a straight up fight, Boba would lose without his armor and jetpack. However, Boba's helmet has amplified audio systems that would probably pick up Kraven's footsteps. Not to mention he has a vision mode that grants him a 360 degree field of vision. Boba could use this to his advantage and surprise Kraven. However, if that fails, Kraven would probably defeat Boba. Sadly.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By ChaosBlazer

Kraven

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Fetts said:

I'd like to point out a couple things: 1. Boba Fett has only had a lightsaber in one questionably cannon comic. 2. As far as I'm aware, Boba has never wielded a whip. 3. Boba's armor would survive a crash. In fact, I believe it has. In a straight up fight, Boba would lose without his armor and jetpack. However, Boba's helmet has amplified audio systems that would probably pick up Kraven's footsteps. Not to mention he has a vision mode that grants him a 360 degree field of vision. Boba could use this to his advantage and surprise Kraven. However, if that fails, Kraven would probably defeat Boba. Sadly.

I won't argue with you on those points, as there's no doubt that you're more of a Boba Fett authority than I am. I got the list of weapons from Wookiepedia, which listed the whip

("Fett's right gauntlet had a fibercord whip with a grappling device: a 20-meter-long fibercord whip used to entangle and immobilize a target. It also held retractable vibro-blades and a dart launcher. "),

and had a reasonable amount of detail on his lightsaber usage

("Fett was known to occasionally carry with him one of the several lightsabers he had taken from Force-sensitives over the course of his bounty hunting career. Despite having no sensitivity to the Force, Fett is one of the few non-Jedi/Sith capable of using a lightsaber (albeit, with only basic skill), a feat traditionally reserved for Force-sensitives only (see lightsaber for more info). In the several instances that he has been shown to use a lightsaber, it has usually been as a last resort in fighting Force-sensitives (not being his primary weapon of choice) and usually as a form of surprise attack as it would be unexpected from someone who was not Jedi or Sith. "),

so I figured it was reasonable to include. I'm sure his armor would survive a crash, or at least if it didn't, his weapons wouldn't either. I was just looking for a basic pretext to explain why he didn't have his armor, because obviously it would be a stomp in his favor if he had it, and a crash was the simplest approach.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fetts
@Owie: Ah. I think they meant the wrist cord. I think it's sometimes referred to as a fibercord whip but I believe it's usually referred as a wrist cord. I thought you meant like an actual whip. Like Indiana Jones style.  

I'm quite positive Boba Fett has only been shown to wield a lightsaber in that one questionably cannon comic. However he does have a lightsaber collection. But he never carries them with him though.
jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By jobiwankenobi

Does Kraven have anything that can get through Boba's armor?

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fetts
@jobiwankenobi: I don't think so. Boba's duraplast armor can practically tank missiles. Boba also has a set of armor made of Mandalorian iron, which is lightsaber resistant.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@jobiwankenobi: The OP says he doesn't have his armor.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@k4tzm4n: Oh, whoopsidoodle.

In that case, he's pretty much done.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Fetts said:

@Owie: Ah. I think they meant the wrist cord. I think it's sometimes referred to as a fibercord whip but I believe it's usually referred as a wrist cord. I thought you meant like an actual whip. Like Indiana Jones style. I'm quite positive Boba Fett has only been shown to wield a lightsaber in that one questionably cannon comic. However he does have a lightsaber collection. But he never carries them with him though.

Ah, ok. It does say in that entry that he's had several appearances with lightsabers, but with a wiki, who knows how accurate it is. The following question is also for you:

@ChaosBlazer: @jobiwankenobi: So you guys don't think that Boba Fett's clearly superior weaponry (including his helmet's sensory array) is enough to take on Kraven? Is it because of Kraven's trap-making ability or his fighting ability?

In terms of traps, remember that Boba starts 5 miles ahead, so Kraven would have to work his butt off to get ahead and make traps--it's possible, given his speed, but it's not like he's going to be able to make a million of them. And Boba's helmet may help him sense them. And Boba may make traps for Kraven as well.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@Owie: I feel like Kraven's fighting skills would best Boba even with his superior weaponry. Especially, if he got the drop on him, which is slightly unlikely.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fetts
@Owie: I believe Kraven is a bullet timer. I mean after all, he tangles with Spidey a lot. Bullets move slower than blaster bolts.  So again in a straight, head to head fight Kraven would win. I don't think traps would work on Fett. I'm positive his vision modes would spot them out. I think Boba's only hope is the element of surprise. If he pretends he doesn't notice Kraven behind him and quickly shoots at him at the best opportunity, he may be able to kill him. But other than that, Kraven would probably win.
Hero4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hero4life

Traps and I'm pretty sure his hand to hand combat would give Kraven the edge. Plus he knows the area.

Firec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Firec

actually, Boba Fett and Jodo Kast wore armor of Durasteel which was slightly lighter than mandalorian iron, but still able to deflect lightsabers to a sufficient amount

I believe fett would win, as he is well trained at hand to hand, and smarter than kraven. i will give kraven the edge simply because im sure even boba would flinch at a man running at him wielding only a knife and a lion pelt.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Skit

I would say Kraven wins since hes unkillable and I doubt Boba fet would do very well at close range.