Korvac vs High Evolutionary vs Stranger

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

Korvac, the High Evolutionary, and the Stranger, all "people" who are regularly described as having "Galactus-level power," get into an argument over which one is the most powerful sub-Celestial, non-conceptual, non-magical, non-sentient cosmic cube (have I left out any other qualifiers that leaves us with only this group of 3?) entity out there. Their tempers get the better of them and they start a fight on the dwarf planet Eris.

Who wins, and who comes in second? Win by any means. No prep, no minions, no extra tech beyond the High Evolutionary's armor. Each is at their most powerful.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By King_Saturn
Korvac I think is slightly higher than everyone here... plus I think Korvac is capable of copying other abilities and power sources using some type of technology he has... 
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By owie  Moderator

@King Saturn said:

Korvac I think is slightly higher than everyone here... plus I think Korvac is capable of copying other abilities and power sources using some type of technology he has...

No extra tech though.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By King_Saturn
@Owie said:

@King Saturn said:

No extra tech though.

well the tech was a part of Korvac IIRC... 
tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tron_bonne

Stranger.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By owie  Moderator

@King Saturn said:

@Owie said:

@King Saturn said:

No extra tech though.

well the tech was a part of Korvac IIRC...

Didn't he leave the cyborg part of him behind after he gained his power, and turn all human? (Or maybe you're talking about a later version I'm not familar with. Either way I could be wrong. If it's really part of him, then it's allowed for the fight.)

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tron_bonne

Stranger still wins though. Korvac is a cyborg who pretty much "borrowed" tech from the Elders and Galactus to obtain his Power Cosmic. Stranger was one of entities who was originally created through the Power Cosmics. He is just as powerful a Galactus, but never gets hungry or exerted over using his powers.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn
@tron_bonne said:
Stranger still wins though. Korvac is a cyborg who pretty much "borrowed" tech from the Elders and Galactus to obtain his Power Cosmic. Stranger was one of entities who was originally created through the Power Cosmics. He is just as powerful a Galactus, but never gets hungry or exerted over using his powers.
The Stranger is not as powerful as Galactus... this is assumed but actually he was having trouble beating the Silver Surfer IIRC. 
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By owie  Moderator

@King Saturn said:

@tron_bonne said:
The Stranger is not as powerful as Galactus... this is assumed but actually he was having trouble beating the Silver Surfer IIRC.

I tend to think of the Stranger as more powerful than Korvac/High Evolutionary, partly because he's more mysterious, his origin changes every once in a while, so we're never sure of his true potential. He's seemingly often given respect by the major conceptual, etc. entities. Whereas we basically know what Korvac's basic deal is--he's not a mystery, we know his origin, we can get a basic sense of what he can and cannot do. In my opinion, the High Evolutionary is sometimes classes as Galactus level but isn't really quite up there, that one old fight notwithstanding.

But, like you said, the Stranger has had various entanglements with various superheroes, and sometimes has to take a little time and effort to fight with them. Whereas Korvac has usually been presented as totally unable to be affected by superhero-level characters.

So I'm curious what their respective best feats are, fighting or otherwise. What's the most impressive thing they've done?

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By tensor

stranger

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By czarny_samael666

1.Korvac

2.Stranger

3.High Evo.

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tron_bonne
@Owie said:

@King Saturn said:

@tron_bonne said:

I tend to think of the Stranger as more powerful than Korvac/High Evolutionary, partly because he's more mysterious, his origin changes every once in a while, so we're never sure of his true potential. He's seemingly often given respect by the major conceptual, etc. entities. Whereas we basically know what Korvac's basic deal is--he's not a mystery, we know his origin, we can get a basic sense of what he can and cannot do. In my opinion, the High Evolutionary is sometimes classes as Galactus level but isn't really quite up there, that one old fight notwithstanding.

But, like you said, the Stranger has had various entanglements with various superheroes, and sometimes has to take a little time and effort to fight with them. Whereas Korvac has usually been presented as totally unable to be affected by superhero-level characters.

So I'm curious what their respective best feats are, fighting or otherwise. What's the most impressive thing they've done?

Not only that he's one of the most "Mysterious" of the cosmic level beings, he is also one of the faces of the Living Tribunal.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By King_Saturn
@tron_bonne said:
@Owie said:

@King Saturn said:

@tron_bonne said:

Not only that he's one of the most "Mysterious" of the cosmic level beings, he is also one of the faces of the Living Tribunal.
that title is meaningless... he was getting hurt up by the Silver Surfer someone who is far under Living Tribunal or even Galactus level... The Stranger is Overrated IMO. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By tron_bonne
@King Saturn said:
@tron_bonne said:
@Owie said:

@King Saturn said:

@tron_bonne said:

that title is meaningless... he was getting hurt up by the Silver Surfer someone who is far under Living Tribunal or even Galactus level... The Stranger is Overrated IMO. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

The Stranger does that to improve Surfer's skill. He was created to test the skill of the lower level beings. If they can not pass the test, the Stranger collects them. 
 Because if we agree to use your logic, Surfer can beat Galactus too. (which he actually did but Galactus and Stranger are great actors.)
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By King_Saturn
@tron_bonne said:
@King Saturn said:
@tron_bonne said:
@Owie said:

@King Saturn said:

@tron_bonne said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    The Stranger does that to improve Surfer's skill. He was created to test the skill of the lower level beings. If they can not pass the test, the Stranger collects them.  Because if we agree to use your logic, Surfer can beat Galactus too. (which he actually did but Galactus and Stranger are great actors.)
this is a weak argument IMO... no where in here does it look like Stranger is testing the Surfer... and we know that the Surfer can not beat or even legitimately defeat Galactus a normal levels of power based on a wealth of feats to show that Galactus power is beyond the Surfer's... now you are going to have to come up with some legit feats to back up The Stranger actually being anywhere near Galactus in power. Otherwise I have no reason to buy what you are saying.  
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Killemall

Korvac should be the most powerful but has he made any other appearences apart from the Korvac saga?? Stranger should not be equal to galactus, but mind you silver surfer once stated his power rival that of galactus himself, but i dont think you would consider silver surfer has a credible source.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By czarny_samael666
@King Saturn said:
@tron_bonne said:
@King Saturn said:
@tron_bonne said:
@Owie said:

@King Saturn said:

@tron_bonne said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    The Stranger does that to improve Surfer's skill. He was created to test the skill of the lower level beings. If they can not pass the test, the Stranger collects them.  Because if we agree to use your logic, Surfer can beat Galactus too. (which he actually did but Galactus and Stranger are great actors.)
this is a weak argument IMO... no where in here does it look like Stranger is testing the Surfer... and we know that the Surfer can not beat or even legitimately defeat Galactus a normal levels of power based on a wealth of feats to show that Galactus power is beyond the Surfer's... now you are going to have to come up with some legit feats to back up The Stranger actually being anywhere near Galactus in power. Otherwise I have no reason to buy what you are saying.  
Agree with King

@Killemall said:
Korvac should be the most powerful but has he made any other appearences apart from the Korvac saga?? Stranger should not be equal to galactus, but mind you silver surfer once stated his power rival that of galactus himself, but i dont think you would consider silver surfer has a credible source.

From Surfer's position, Stranger is probably closer to Galactus than he is to Stranger.
emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By emperorznb

Korvac.

CosmosTyrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By CosmosTyrant
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Korvac got this. He's fight with Starhawk is felt trow all of existence and disturbing the fabric of reality.

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tron_bonne

Some of you are underestimating 
fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By fondofpacman

I'd give this one to the stranger, but don't know alot about Korvac

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Freefa11

@tron_bonne: I always wondered what idiot gave Galactus only a 6 in energy projection in that series. I believe that in the same series of cards, they actually rank Silver Surfer higher. Obviously something wrong there. I also remember Thunderstrike having a higher durability rating than Thor (though I think that was in the next series). Not surprising the whole card bubble popped after not too long.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By Killemall

@tron_bonne said:

Some of you are underestimating

The most recent BIO of galactus , he gets 7 on everything barring Fighting skills where he gets 6, stranger on the other hand has 7 on everything else and 5 on fighting skills (better than what you are showing). Galactus is till above him.

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bumpty

yuuki157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-64bcbd4748c2e
deactivated-64bcbd4748c2e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

If it's full power Korvac, I don't really see the pair having much of a chance.

yuuki157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2