Kevin Matchstick (from Mage) runs a gauntlet

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator
Kevin Matchstick from Mage runs a gauntlet.

Kevin Matchstick
Kevin Matchstick

Each round he is healed and rested. He is armed with his magic Bat ( Excalibur), and is at his best.

Round 1: Black Tarantula at his best, armed with two katanas.
Round 2: Skurge the Executioner, armed with his magic axe.
Round 3: The Wendigo.

Can Kevin win each round?

Black Tarantula
Black Tarantula

Executioner
Executioner
Wendigo
Wendigo

A brief summary about Kevin: he is the reincarnation of multiple ancient heroes including King Arthur and Gilgamesh.  He is super strong and durable, able at his best to flip over a giant dragon with one hand and fall off a skyscraper or get run over by a subway train with no damage.  He also has enhanced dexterity, balance, and aim.  The Bat can do great damage upon hitting something, and can also shoot out magical blasts.  He can also use it to block energy blasts.  If he throws it, it returns to his hand.  He is fairly brash and headstrong, and tends to rely more on strength and power than skill.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By sandiego008

Kevin wins round 1 easy

Round 2 I believe he wins in a tough battle. The axe abilities could pose a problem but I think he should be able to overcome them with his skills and durability.

Round 3. I actually consider round 2 to be a potentially bigger battle based on what I read on the executioner. Kevin should take this battle in a hard fought battle.

Excalibur wins!!

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By owie  Moderator
@sandiego008 said:

Kevin wins round 1 easy

Round 2 I believe he wins in a tough battle. The axe abilities could pose a problem but I think he should be able to overcome them with his skills and durability.

Round 3. I actually consider round 2 to be a potentially bigger battle based on what I read on the executioner. Kevin should take this battle in a hard fought battle.

Excalibur wins!!

Thanks for all the comments man.  You're my only audience! :)

In some ways, Black Tarantula could be a challenge.  He's way more agile and quick than Kevin, although Kevin did manage to tag the Sprigginflints reasonably well (they are a bunch of skyboarding imps that are pretty fast).  Tarantula's healing factor, eye beams, and strength combined ought to be at least a decent challenge for Kevin, but more than that, I think he's way more skilled than Kevin, so he has at least the potential to dodge the bat and skewer him in the back as Kevin plays whack-a-mole with the bat.

I do think Skurge is a pretty tough foe for him.  Strong, very durable, more skilled than Kevin, and his axe has a lot of powers.  It would be a close fight. I kind of agree that rounds 2 and 3 are pretty close and/or backwards.  The Wendigo is the strongest of his foes here, and has a great healing factor, plus it's just so wild a fighter, but in a way it's the most similar to the random magical monsters he tends to normally fight, so Kevin could have an experience edge there.
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By owie  Moderator

Bumpa dumpa ding dong.