NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By NimaMindTricks

Hunger Games CAV!!

Team Marvel Murderers (Represented by @nimamindtricks)

• Silver Samurai (Shin Harada II; 616 version)
  • Omega Red (composite 616 versions)
  • Kraven the Hunter (Sergei Kravinoff; 616 version)

Gear

• Silver Samurai -- standard Carbonadium armor, adamantium katanas, & energy katanas
  • Omega Red -- standard armor & Carbonadium Tentacles
  • Kraven the Hunter -- composite hunting gear (classic/current) & Vibranium blades/spear tips/dart tips

V.S.

Team Femme Fatales (Represented by @wyldsong)

• 10th Muse
  • Aphrodite IX (composite, no Witchblade)
  • Red Sonja (composite)

Gear

• 10th Muse -- standard gear
  • Aphrodite IX -- standard gear & coin (limiting energy projection to "touch range")
  • Red Sonja -- standard gear & Obsidian Sword

Battlefield

Isla Nublar (JurassicWorld Island)

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Teams start on opposite ends of the map (Marvel Murderers on the West/Femme Fatales on the East)
  • Basic knowledge of opponents (i.e. Kraven is a hunter, Red Sonja is a barbarian, etc.)
  • Everyone is in character
  • Everything on the island is on limits and can be used for strategical purposes
  • All obstacles (see below) are announced to both teams upon release
  • Both teams have ear pieces to communicate with one another
  • Victory declared at the end of 24 hours. The side with the least amount of dead or incapacitated members at the end of 24 hours wins.

Obstacles

The following obstacles will be released onto field. They will attack both sides of the team without bias.

• All carnivorous dinosaurs (composite Jurassic Park/World) - out on island at all times
  • 100 Dawn of the Dead zombies - released every 4 hours
  • Strigoi Vampires (composite comics/TV shows) - released at nightfall
  • 50 Man-Bats (composite Pre 52/New 52) - released every 5 hours
  • 30 Hand Ninjas (standard 616) - released every 6 hours
  • 8 Standard Talons - released every 8 hours
  • 10 Xenomorphs (composite films) - released every 4 hours

Voting

• Please wait until CAV is complete to vote
  • Ask to be tagged for voting
  • 800 post minimum required in order to vote

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

This should be good if you aren't careful many people could be killed by the obstacles T4V please

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@nimamindtricks: Looks good, feel free to drop an opener when you get a minute. I'll drop my intro within a day or two my friend.

Avatar image for super_saiyan_devil
Super_Saiyan_Devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

T4V, I'll be interested in following this interesting match up as it progresses.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wish I could say T4V but 800 posts. Good luck to both sides either way.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nimamindtricks: One thing I did not consider when I stated standard gear...that works fine for the Muse, but composite versions of Aphrodite and Sonja are a bit more muddled. I'll get a more accurate equipment list for you my friend.

Wish I could say T4V but 800 posts. Good luck to both sides either way.

Who knows where you will be post wise by the time we finish this up?

Thank you though my friend.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wyldsong

@nimamindtricks: So, here goes my opener. Like I said, on the gear front, standard gear for composite versions are a bit difficult, so I am going to use a few standard things from the various versions, and if there is anything you have an issue with, let me know. My last few CaVs have been left as unfinished pieces of work, so let's try and actually make sure we get through this one...and it will be a long one that we have set up for ourselves here.

The issue is, just how exactly do we start this thing? I think we agreed to tackle the individual threats with the opening posts, kind of see where it goes, and debate any weaknesses/flaws we see in how each other deals with the threats. That is how I am going to head into this, so let me give a small opener on my team, and go into threat number one=)

Aphrodite IX

No Caption Provided

Aphrodite IX, this is my main girl. She is what most would consider to be the penultimate of the IXth Generation techno-biological singularities. While there is honestly a lot to go over with IX, I'll stick with the bullet points and get into more detail as needed.

The Physicals:

IX rates in the superhuman arena when it comes to physical attributes, especially in large part due to her "adreno-glycaline surge", which allows her to amp her stats. Now, this post is already going to be long enough, so for the moment, I am only going to focus on the physical stuff that will be pertinent to my plans, and I will expand as needed in future posts. Needless to say, IX has enhanced strength, speed/reflexes, durability, healing, aim, etc, etc and so on.

On the speed, reaction, and agility front, IX has the requisite agility and acrobatics front covered:

No Caption Provided

She can see bullets moving in slow motion, and is pretty good at dodging them and explosions:

**If needed, I can provide the full scan of the slow mo stuff, but I cut some out to try and keep within forum rules. The basic setup is that Aphrodite and Sara are arguing, they turn and see the bullets coming at them, and of course engage their foes in combat without being hit by the gunfire.

To be honest, it is kind of hard to find bullet timing/dodging feats for IX, because normally she takes out her foes before they can get off a shot...that being said, here we have a good feat of speed while dodging gunfire from a pinned down position. She was able to cover 13 meters in 1.2 seconds and killed a foe before they could fully realize what was even going on:

No Caption Provided

As for her aim...Aphrodite is accurate enough to take out foes at 1200-1500 meters on full auto with kill shots (and these are armored foes and she had mainly headshots), plus this says a little something about her strength, since this is a .70 caliber rifle, and she does it without being affected by recoil:

No Caption Provided

She can also write with her shots with better penmanship than most people could achieve with a pen and paper, again with full auto, and this was at 500 meters or so:

Plus she can time her shots up against speedsters, as seen when slowed down Velocity to give her a message (the dog is speedy as well):

No Caption Provided

The Tech/Gear:

Coin of Solomon, Blade Kata, Aphrodite V's Rifle, Aphrodite IV's Stealth Suit, Standard Built In Tech

For this section, there are a few things I am going to bypass, mainly because it is stuff that is not needed for my opener. I am just going to touch on the important tech that is needed for the opening bid for survival, and discuss the gear I mentioned above as well. A really important thing that needs to be known right off the bat, is that her built in tech was created by Cyberdata. This group created tech that predicted future events and helped them chart the course of humanity in a direction of their choosing, which lead to the current future as being played out in the IX books. It should also be noted that Aphrodite IX, while created in 2078, is far more advanced than tech created around 2800 AD...so Cyberdata was far, far ahead of the curve in their technological advancements. That being said...her most important piece of tech is the CDI Model V.9, her built in combat computer.

For starters, this bad boy can analyze opponents, let her know enhancements (both genetic and technological), can measure things like their heart rate and muscle activity and mood, and can predict her opponents moves in combat, making her an exceedingly dangerous opponent in hand to hand:

No Caption Provided

I'll also point out that she processes information far faster than a human could. The first box shows how fast a human can process information, the second box shows how fast IX normally processes information, and the third box shows how fast she processes information with moderate surge usage:

No Caption Provided

She also comes equipped with long range sensors, even letting her know about opponents that are nowhere near her:

No Caption Provided

Plus her scanners with her computer constantly let her know about tech (and how to use it), structures and weaknesses, and so on. What this basically means is that no one will be sneaking up on my group...those sneaky little raptors, not so sneaky, and when the time comes, she can locate the most secure places to hole up. Now, I cannot claim that she can cover the whole map with her scanners, but she was able to keep track of a foe that was approximately 16 minutes away from her current location...so while that doesn't give us a whole lot to go on, we do know she has some decent range.

IX also comes equipped with stealth tech. She can turn off her scent and has managed to avoid genetically advanced trackers in their own city:

No Caption Provided

Plus the stealth suit will allow for some predator style camo:

No Caption Provided

And finally for the tech portion, let's finish up with the rifle. The rifle fires high velocity .70 caliber titanium rounds (and can fire on full auto as previously seen above):

No Caption Provided

The Coin of Solomon and Blade Kata will be discussed as needed later on down the line.

That was a mouthful, but I will leave the IX stuff at that for now and move on to the next member of my team...

Red Sonja

No Caption Provided

Red Sonja, the She Devil with a Sword, a complete and total bad arse. Now to clarify one thing before we get too deep into this, let me start by stating that by using a composite Sonja, there is the steampunk rendition of Sonja under the Legenderry line of books. So using a communicator, and seeing tech/using tech isn't going to be any sort of shock to her. Although Sonja has gone dimension hopping and visited modern times, alien societies and so on...plus Atlantis utilizes tech in her tales...so again, seeing tech won't throw her for a loop. That being said...let's get on with this...

For the basics, Sonja's family was killed by bandits, and she was blessed by the goddess Scathach, and as such her abilities, skill, and physical attributes were all a blessing from a divine power. She was blessed in the ways of war, and as such, is skilled in the use of every single weapon from the Hyborian Age:

No Caption Provided

Plus she also has access to an inherent skill from her past lives, as there is a bit of a "being reborn through the ages" kind of thing going on here:

No Caption Provided

And she is pretty much a "surgeon with a sword", knowing how best and where to hit to take down a foe (even giant flame headed titans):

No Caption Provided

The Physicals:

Strength is always a popular area to start in, and I will start by dispelling any notions of Sonja being peak human, which has been the belief of a few on the forums. Also, if she is going to be using a bow against enemies with thick hides, we need to prove a bit about strength. Sonja has superhuman strength, there is no denying that. When she was a child, she was able to catch a running buck, while on while on foot, and then was able to leap up onto it and snap it's neck:

She can cut through the thick hide of a sharkman, starting at the abdomen and splitting his upper body in half while underwater, and we will add another scan of her cutting an opponent in two with ease (she pretty routinely slices full grown men, beasts, and so on in half):

Pulls a boat ashore by holding the rope with her teeth while swimming:

No Caption Provided

Between the slicing of the titan Surtr, the Sharkman scene, and her various feats of strength as presented, I think we can agree that Sonja has superhuman levels of strength, and the dinos should pose no issues for her blades.

Speed wise, you have already seen her outrun and overtake a full grown buck (so pushing 35-40 mphs), and I can drag up feats of her outrunning wolves on foot if needed, but she is fast enough running speed wise. Combat speed wise, I can get you several instances of her moving faster than the human eye can follow, but we'll go with this one for now, where she blitzes a group of bandits who can't keep track of her, since she is moving far too fast for them:

"She moves faster than their eyes can follow."

Sonja is also very agile and acrobatic:

With the awareness and reflexes to react to shots fired from behind:

As well as the ability to dodge electrical/energy type attacks:

No Caption Provided

And reflexes fast enough to deflect every arrow fired at her with her sword from a horde of archers:

No Caption Provided

Enhanced senses to the point that she can track a group of foes by smell (she states a few pages later that she was using smell to track and tag them) and take them out with perfect head shots while she was blind, sick and dying of a plague (she wasn't at her best as you can imagine):

No Caption Provided

Durability wise, she has tanked falls, hits, poisons, diseases, and so on without slowing down in the slightest...she even fights in frozen tundras it chain mail bikinis, and still manages to kick arse without slowing down:

No Caption Provided

But, just to throw some blunt trauma out there, she can tank a multistory fall, which includes crashing through the ceiling of a building before it is all said and done, and gets back up to finish the fight (yes, this was a canon crossover with Spidey, and no, she obviously does not kill Spidey here):

So, stat wise, can Sonja keep up with a bunch of superhumans? I would tend to think so:

No Caption Provided

FYI: She manages to play a good avoidance game with Venom for several pages, showing the necessary skill, speed, and reflexes to avoid and tag him, though she does not end up beating him one on one, nor really hurting him (since she lacked the means in this fight) or anything like that.

But I also need to point out, Sonja is also a skilled thief, and proficient in the art of stealth, as shown here when we see that she stealth killed every single one of this Baron's patrolling guards without alerting anyone inside, and then gets the jump on the Baron as well:

No Caption Provided

The Gear:

Obsidian Sword, Blessed Hyrkanian Blade, Demon Skin Pelt, Bow w/"Obsidian" Tipped Arrows

For starters, while Sonja as always had a bit of a healing factor (less like Wolvie and more like Cap), the Demon Skin Pelt enhances that healing factor a bit more, speeding things up:

No Caption Provided

Moving on, let's discuss the lesser Sword's of Sorrow. Since I am trying to avoid using Marvel/DC stuff for my team, I thought it would be kind of cool to use arrow heads made from these. Basically, to see what they can do, check out Jennifer Blood trying to take on some unkillable, regenerating, zombie type creations of a powerful magic user. Guns, bullets and basically mortal weapons are pretty much useless against these guys:

No Caption Provided

The lesser Swords of Sorrow, however, are capable of harming, piercing, cutting, and taking out creatures such as these:

No Caption Provided

So arrows made from these should come in quite handy, and could probably be useful against a dino or two. Sonja's Blessed Hyrkanian sword...we will discuss in detail later on down the line as needed, but if she can slice and dice creatures with the regular weapons of the Hyborian age, then I am sure pretty darn sure that her Hyrkanian sword will have no issues in this battle.

And to close this out, let's move on the last member of my little team...

The Muse

No Caption Provided

And finally I bring you Emma, the Muse. So, to make a long story pretty short, Emma currently houses the spirit of the 10th Muse, the muse of Justice. As such, she has several centuries worth of combat experience, with enhanced stats, godly weapons, and some nifty powers. Using her in a thread is going to be a bittersweet experience, because the start of her series with Image was awesome...then of course she changed hands and finally ended up with Bluewater Comics, who screwed the whole pooch with piss poor storytelling, a nonsensical ending and so on...but I digress. Let's remember the good times, and discuss a once great character=)

The Physicals:

And we will lead off once more with strength. Yes, the Muse like my other gals is pretty darn strong. She can take a manhole cover and throw it like a frisbee to smash up some flying robots:

No Caption Provided

And with the following, this is someone with Emma's exact same powerset, but it shows a good durability and strength feat. This Muse was not in her right mind at the time, running around like a madwoman, and get's smacked by pickup truck. She is unfazed, gets back up, and tosses the truck:

For reference, many small sized trucks are in the range of 3000 to 3600 lbs, so in the range of 1 ton plus some change. Good feat, but not out of range for many involved in this little bout, but she is probably the strongest character in my lineup. Again, this is a Muse with Emma's exact same powerset and is her physical equal. So it should tell you that the Muse is pretty darn strong and durable.

Speed and reaction wise, we are full blown bullet timer with her, thanks to her powerset:

No Caption Provided

She pulls off leaps and feats of acrobatics that would make Spidey proud:

No Caption Provided

And can move faster than many speeding vehicles while on foot:

No Caption Provided

And to close this portion out, she is also proficient in stealth:

No Caption Provided

The Powers:

Besides enhanced physicals, the Muse also carries a bit of a danger sense:

No Caption Provided

She also sports enhanced hearing:

No Caption Provided

And for now I'll close the powers out with energy projection, as she can summon and use Zeus' lightning:

No Caption Provided

The Gear:

Concussive Grenades, Gas Capsules, Grappling Hook Gun, Godly Weapon

Concussive Grenades and Gas Capsules should be pretty self explanatory:

Her grappling gun should not need a whole lot of explanation either:

No Caption Provided

And what I am calling her "godly weapon" (because it was never really given a name), can change forms into many different things, from spears, to bo staffs, to blades, to chain-like weapons (nothing with mechanical or moving parts):

No Caption Provided

Just so we are clear on the strength of the weapon, it has been used to help down a small fighter plane:

No Caption Provided

And as a bonus, her lightning can be channeled through it:

No Caption Provided

So, that about covers what we need to know about the Muse...for now...

The Opening Bid:

The basic plan for now is to make a beeline for the resort to get to a position that can be fortified, but first, they have to actually get there, of course. While it is a bit difficult to tell from the map, it appears they can at least travel between the mountainous region without having to scale an actual mountain. All three are more than capable of moving speedily and stealthily, so the initial plan is for them to stay within a decently close range to one another with IX taking lead, directing the route they take and they they will move speedily and quietly under cover when and where they can. IXs long range sensors will keep track of whats out there, and they will avoid what they can, keeping as quiet as they can. Any direct confrontations that do happen, IX will remain at range directing her team with instructions/strategies/weaknesses (combat computer for the win) via the comms and sniping when she needs to (not sure there is anything dino wise that can stand up to a well placed shot from a 70 cal round), though gunfire will be kept to a minimum so as not to give away their position. Each of these ladies wields a weapon or has an ability that would be effective in taking any hostile dino they come across down, and with IX directing, they should be able to do so quickly and efficiently.

Between sensors, enhanced hearing/smell/senses, there won't be much that could actually sneak up them, not even the indominus rex, nor the raptors. They'll have plenty of warning and the speed and reflexes to deal with all of the dino threats that may find them.

Each of these gals is a strong willed, leading character, though each has shown the ability and capacity to work well with others. They aren't a bunch of headstrong, loose canons. As well, IX and Sonja aren't adverse to killing foes to end a fight quickly. The Muse, while she tries not to actively kill, isn't adverse to foes getting killed either:

No Caption Provided

So there shouldn't be any infighting over killing if it comes down to it, especially when it comes to dealing with dinos with big teeth, monsters, and so on...my big question to you is, how well do believe your team will fare when it comes to the idea of teamwork? Next up, I will address any concerns/comments/criticisms, and then I will tackle the 4 hour mark threats...

Alrighty, my character intros and opening strategy against threat number one has been thrown out there...your move my friend=)

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wyldsong
Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

BUMP

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nimamindtricks: Is this something you still want to do? I am good either way, just checking in with you on it.