High Tier Trny: TTBA vs Joygirl(TTBA WINS!!!)

• 163 results
mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By mickey-mouse

Joygirl: Hell'z Rougez

Team:

• Black Alice
  • Etrigan
  • Mirror Master

Perkz:

• Magneto's Helmet (Black Alice) - 1
  • Anti-Soul Rape Choker (Black Alice) - 2
  • Anti-Matter Manip Wristbands (Black Alice) - 3
  • "Intangible This!" (Black Alice) - 3
  • Midnighter's Battle Computer (Black Alice) - 5
  • Bullseye's Powers and Skills (Mirror Master) - 1
  • Blink's Powers (Mirror Master) - 5
  • Toxin Symbiote (Etrigan) - 4
  • 4 hours prep - 1

VS

TheTrueBarryAllen: The Scions of Death

Team Members

• Cyborg Superman w/10 Power Rings [ 8 Points ]
  • Despero [ 7 Points ]
  • Rayquaza [ 1 Point ]
  • Madison Jeffries [ 1 Point ]
  • Top [ 1 Point ]

Perks // Items // Hax0rs

• 8 Character Points [ 6 from R1 + 2 from R2 ]
  • Anti-Soul Rape Helmet // CYBORG SUPERMAN
  • 616 Wolverine's Adamantium Skeleton + Claws // DESPERO
  • 616 Wolverine's Healing Factor // DESPERO

Battlefield:

Earth Size Junk Planet(Planet Is Indestructible)

Planet is a barren wasteland filled with junk.

Teams Start 100 Miles Away From Each Other.

Teams Do Start Out Knowing The Other Team's Position.

No Caption Provided

Mission: Capture The Flags

• Each team will be given 3 flags.
  • Flags are the size & weight of a phone-book.
  • Flags are made out of a special Vibrainum Fabric.
  • Split the 3 flags up amongst your team members. Example: 1 Team member can hold all 3 flags, or 3 team members can each hold 1 flag each, or 1 team member can hold 1 flag while another holds 2 flags.
  • Team Members that are given a flag(s) must hold the flag(s) for the entire game and cannot hand off the flag(s) to another team member once the mission starts. If the team member that holds the flag(s) is killed, the flag(s) will be auto teleported to the nearest teammate.
  • No hiding your flag(s) or teleporting them. (You may still use illusions & may build force field & things like that to protect your flag.)
  • No destroying your flag or the flag of your opponent.
  • Team member(s) holding the flag(s) cannot teleport what so ever or be teleported by someone else.
  • Team member(s) holding the flag(s) cannot leave the planet for any reason what so ever.
  • Only main team members may be given the flag(s). Minions, henchmen, robots, animals, pets, or whatever may not possess a flag for any reason. Main team members must personally possess any flag.
  • Opponents will start out not knowing which team member has the flag(s).
  • Steal all 3 flags from the other team. Protect all 3 of your flags from the other team.
  • Who has what Flag Must Be Declared Before The Game Begins.
  • Game Ends when either team has all 6 flags in their possession.

Rules:

• Buy a team & buy perks.
  • Your roster can be as big as you want, but you can only use 8 characters at a time.
  • Everyone has Standard Gear.
  • No reality warping.
  • Morals On & In Character.
  • Shared Universe Concept.
  • No Removing Your Enemies From The Battlefield.
  • No time travel.
  • No Plot or Pis Powers.
  • No knowledge unless it is from previous encounters & such or you but it.
  • No prep of any kind unless you buy it.
  • Old Rivalries & Teamwork Factor Counts.
  • Every Match Will Be Capture The Flags(3) or Deathmatch.
  • Make your team flexible so that they can handle either.The Style & Placement of The Flags Will Vary.

Good Luck!!! Deadline for posting is July 26 10pm.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@lukehero: @joygirl

I'm laughing so hard at that picture of Despero - classic Despero looked so goofy, he looks like he's wearing one of Queen Amadala's headdresses.

Anyways - Joy you should probably go first since you've got the prep & all.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@thetruebarryallen: But I don't wanna go first. :( I have review stuff to do and I'm trying to speedread the entire run of a webcomic... and my eyes hurt and I'm sleepy.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen

@joygirl said:

@thetruebarryallen: But I don't wanna go first. :( I have review stuff to do and I'm trying to speedread the entire run of a webcomic... and my eyes hurt and I'm sleepy.

Should've thought of that before picking 4 hours of prep [ joking ] - unless you just wanna quickly say what you'll be doing during prep then I'm totally fine with opening.

I just don't want to write out a super long thing and then have it all get countered by some unforeseeable prep device.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: Hell naw, I've seen your debate style, if I do a "quick thing" for my prep it's gonna be all I get. :(

Just gimme some time. *rubs eyes* I'll see if I can work something out by tonight but my headbeans are just fried right now.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@thetruebarryallen: Hell naw, I've seen your debate style, if I do a "quick thing" for my prep it's gonna be all I get. :(

Just gimme some time. *rubs eyes* I'll see if I can work something out by tonight but my headbeans are just fried right now.

No rush - I've got the next 3 days off of work, take your time :)

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: :)

@thetruebarryallen: You no like classic fish-head...I mean Despero?

Anywho, yall can both copy and paste your intros or what not. Just let write your plans later.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: @lukehero:

AFTERMATH OF THE LAST BATTLE

"What just happened?" Etrigan growled, his arms folded and an inquisitive pout across his broad, flat features. The team -- the Hell's Rogues -- now stood over a pair of bodies belonging to two dark-skinned women. It all seemed to have happened so fast.

"T'be honest, ah dinnae," Mirror Master replied. "But I do believe we won."

A plume of hellish smoke trailed from the Demon's nostrils. "Indeed."

Lori Zechlin strode up to the other two, a smug smile on her face -- she looked like the cat that had eaten the proverbial canary.

"Oy, what's got you lookin' like ye've just gone on 'oliday, lass? Did ye have somethin' to do with this?" Evan inquired, glancing back down at the two corpses.

"Maybe," Black Alice replied. "But more importantly is what they left behind. There are... presents." She held up a few odd items -- a necklace of sorts, a pair of wrist-bands, a little jar of red-and-black ooze, and some other odds and ends.

"I suppose ye'll want the lion's share, then?" Mirror Master clucked.

Alice smirked. "Naturally."

One of the two bodies twitched, a small muscle spasm that was quickly silenced by a rapid, savage stomp from Etrigan. He smiled and looked back up to the two living humans. "Well, we have a bit of downtime before we're corralled to the next arena. Let's figure out how to use these new toys. Also, Mirror Master--" Etrigan's grin widened, grew more sinister. "I have something I'd like to show you."

Hell'z Roguez

THE PREP PHASE

One flag are being given to Black Alice, one is being given to Etrigan (now wearing and bonded with the Toxin symbiote, making him look all awesome and armored with barbed wire and stuff), and the third will be cloistered inside of a reflective dome (Black Alice will use Zatanna's abilities to fabricate this out of glass shards) Obviously, touching or going anywhere near this dome is a big mistake. I assume that the characters have been given time to practice with their new abilities and equipment.

The fact that this planet is made of junk is a huge advantage here -- obviously, a lot of junk means a lot of broken glass. And even the tiniest shard of glass is a deadly weapon in the hands of Mirror Master. Thus, recon is going to be a big part of the prep phase. It's not stated that my team is limited as to where they prepare as long as it stays on the battlefield, so I am assuming that the entire arena is fair game. So -- Black Alice can absorb Cheetah's abilities and become a super-fast scout, examining the entire battlefield for glass and other reflective items.

Now, as you can see, Mirror Master has a new ability -- Blink's powers (under the guise of having been taught how to create portals by Etrigan and taking a great shine to it). This allows him to create organic, non-technological (looking at you, Cyborg Superman) portals with instantly-designated entrance and exit points. Mirror Master has also been given Bullseye's powers, so both his laser gun and portal abilities will have completely flawless accuracy as long as he can physically react at the speeds required.

So, the team will be spending four hours at superhuman speeds organizing reflective surfaces around every and any corner, creating an infinite myriad of traps that can either be rushed blindly into, or can have portals tossed in front of which will then lead into mirror-portals. Evan's job will be flag acquisition -- while it's certainly going to be applauded for him to capture an actual character in the Mirrorverse, an even greater victory is to use his abilities to draw their flag, specifically, inside of it.

Mirror Master will also be creating mirror copies of himself, which I assume will also have the use of Blink's and Bullseye's abilities, so he can create a massive myriad of portals all over the entire battlefield immediately, the exit-points of all of which, obviously, fling the traveler directly into a mirror.

Etrigan will be using the Toxin symbiote to camouflage himself right away. Because his strength and speed is now truly outrageous in scope, he will be the primary brawn.

Alice will be using her Battle Computer to decide which powerset will be best to select. Since she has that, I'm going to withhold knowledge of what power-set she selects; if the chosen powers have some specific weakness or inadequacy, then the Battle Computer will alert her before combat begins and I can retroactively select a different skillset.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: I love how you use dialogues in this battles

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha: It's a tradition that I loosely began in my first ever debate but eventually dropped for a while. I just recently decided to revive it because, hey, why not right?

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

@thetruebarryallen: oh my gosh oh my gosh... you are using Madison Jeffries... ha ha damn i love you

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@veitha: It's a tradition that I loosely began in my first ever debate but eventually dropped for a while. I just recently decided to revive it because, hey, why not right?

right, it's cool. I wish I had the patiente and the ability to do the same

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Joygirl
Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Joygirl

@thetruebarryallen: oh my gosh oh my gosh... you are using Madison Jeffries... ha ha damn i love you

Oui, he is a dirrrrrrrty cheater.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kidman560
mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha: @kidman560: @joygirl:

Yah, I used Jeffries first though...still got stomped. :(

Hopefully TTBA fairs better. Kinda wondering what he is going to use him for since he does not have prep time. @thetruebarryallen you can use Box the Robot as well, in case you were wondering.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

This going to be good and also I might take some notes too.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Yeah but Jeffries is an Achilles Heel to one of my characters, TTBA knows that very very well and that's why he picked him. :P

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: I always fare well - only two recorded Tournament losses in history ;)

Gonna watch Cabin in the Woods w/my Mom though - I'll have a post up tonight.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By cdiddyman911
No Caption Provided

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mickey-mouse
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team TTBA // The Scions of Death

Team Roster: Cyborg Superman // Despero // Madison Jefferies + Box // Rayquaza // Top

Team Introductions // Biographies

If you're fully knowledgeable on my characters - then feel free to skip past this part. It's just detailing their histories along with a brief explanation of their powers and equipment.

Cyborg Superman

Hank Henshaw is the Cyborg Superman - an electronic consciousness who used his abilities to create a machine body to house himself in with organic parts genetically identical to that of Superman's; however, without any of his weaknesses. Henshaw has been wrecking havoc within the DCU ever since his first appearances, proving time and time again that he is the supreme Superman. He's become the Grandmaster of the Manhunters, completely destroyed Coast City, acted as a Herald to the Anti Monitor, and searched for his one true goal.

Death.

Powers // Abilities // Equipment

• Immortality - Henshaw has no true physical form and is truly just an electronic consciousness. He uses the Cyborg Superman body as a means to communicate with others and battle his foes; however, he can easily rebuild himself a body out of any piece of technology. Due to him not having a true physical form, Henshaw is functionally immortal.
  • Kryptonian Abilities - After housing himself within Superman's birthing matrix he was able to download and incorperate Superman's genetic code into his creations, thus granting his "bodies" the same abilities as Superman. Henshaw has displayed superhuman strength, speed, durability, agility, and heat vision. It should be known; however, that Henshaw has upgraded his original designs and eliminated the weaknesses of a traditional Kyrptonian - so no glowing green rocks are going to bring him down.
  • Technomorphing // Technopathy - Henshaw is able to truly command technology; however, not in the sense that he can move it with his mind, but actually take full control over it. He's shown his abilities to enslave over 1 billion techno-organic life forms, control the ever so powerful Source Wall, take command of the Alpha Lanterns, and much more.
  • 10 Qwardian Power Rings - During his time with the Sinestro Corps he was granted 10 Qwardian Power Rings - thus granting him all the abilities of a Yellow Lantern such as construct creation, energy blasts, force field generation, energy absorption, wormhole creation, and invisibility.
  • Anti Soul Rape Helmet - Just in case Black Alice had any intentions of using soul rape'y magic on Cyborg Superman I gave him this nifty helmet to protect against that.

Despero the Tyrant

An older and long time foe of the Justice League; Despero is the tyrant and ruler of Kalanor. Originally only possessing incredibly powerful mental abilities, he is now one of the Leagues most physically powerful foes. Despero has absorbed an energy known as the Flame of Py'tar which was responsible for creating his race; however, he has since lost that energy thus losing the ability to warp reality. Despero's sheer hatred for the League and everything they stand for is what drives him to their destruction - he has willed himself from a formless consciousness into a purple skinned behemoth out of his sheer hatred for the league.

What do you get when you combine outstanding physical abilities, sheer hatred, and mind blowing physic power?

Despero the Tyrant, and we can't forget his criminal record of conquering 46 planets, destroying 16, and murdering 5.6 billion sentient beings now, can we?

• Superhuman Strength - Despero has the strength to physically manhandle the likes of Superman, Martian Manhunter, and various other powerhouses within the DCU.
  • Superhuman Durability - Despero handles blunt force attacks incredibly well - it's why he can take hits from several DC powerhouses at the same time; however, his skin is weak to piercing attacks. Thankfully I accommodated for that but we'll get into it in a little bit.
  • Superhuman Speed - Despero is potentially able to move at light speeds [ thought it's never directly been stated ] however he's been shown to fly to the Moon then to Earth within seconds - hit Wally West with a swipe of his hand, and has some pretty rapid punches. He may not be connected to the Speed Force but he's quick.
  • Flight - He can fly, that's pretty simple.
  • Telepathy - One might think that having a character who can physically brawl with multiple Supermen is great, but having one who can mentally dominate Martian Manhunter with his TP just makes Despero the full package when it comes to a well rounded character.
  • Illusion Casting - Part of his TP, he can create illusions within peoples minds as he's done to Martian Manhunter several times.
  • Mind Control - Despero's incredible telepathy in combination with his Third Eye grant him mind controlling abilities, he done so to several members of the Justice League [ at the same time ] and was able to make them fight each other.
  • Telekinesis - He can fire psionic energy and/or lift things/crush things with telekinesis.
  • Regenerative Healing Factor - Despero has a healing factor that's allowed him to recover his form several times - once after being a formless consciousness and another time after being decapitated by Starro the Conqueror. This goes hand in hand with his NEXT ability.
  • 616 Wolverine's Healing Factor - To protect against piercing attacks I used some of my points to buy 616 Wolverine's healing factor and gave it to Despero. Now he's more tankish than before.
  • 616 Wolverine's Adamantium Skeleton & Claws - Sticks and stones may break my bones, but not anymore now that they're Adamantium. The healing factor will protect him from any poisoning via Adamantium and now he can slice through your team like butter with those Adamantium Claws of his.

Madison Jeffries + Box

A rather under used character for Tournaments - which surprises me given the nature of his abilities. Madison and his brother are both Canadian mutants with Psionic Transmutative abilities; however, while his brother can transmute organic matter Madison transmutes metal, plastic, and glass. Madison used his abilities to become an incredibly skilled [ and intelligent ] engineer and mechanic.

He joined up with the team known as Alpha Flight - and eventually created a large robot/battle suit known as Box. Using his abilities Madison is able to phase through Box and control him like an exoskeleton or a battle suit.

Madison's abilities & skills will make him incredibly useful to my team - especially in dealing with TWO of your team's members.

• Technoforming - Madison's mutant ability allows him to psionically rearrange substances made of metal, plastic, and glass into anything he can think of. His level of control delves down to the atomic level - thus granting him to the ability to create incredibly detailed and intricate designs.
  • Technopathy - Madison's mutant ability has fully evolved into full blown technopathy - allowing him not only to create machines psionically, but also communicate with them and control them.
  • Box - As mentioned earlier Madison has created a humanoid robotic body known as Box which he phases into and uses in combat. He is able to perceive exactly what Box's sensors perceive. Box has incredible strength - an 85 Tonner in his base form; however, this can be amplified by drawing on and adding substances such as metal, plastic, and glass to Box, thus increasing his overall size as well. Due to Madison's technoforming and technopathy he can create new gadgets, sensors, and weapons for usage in combination with Box - thus making him INCREDIBLY versatile.

Rayquaza

Probably the least known member of my team in terms of combat abilities - Rayquaza is a legendary Pokemon within the 'Weather Trio' along with Kyorge and Groudon. It's an incredibly large serpent like creature that has lived for hundreds of millions of years within the Ozone layer - feasting on water & other particles. While in flight it is indistinguishable from a meteor, it has hardly ever been seen by human eyes.

• Flight - Rayquaza can fly at supersonic speeds and incredibly high altitudes thus enabling it to hide among the clouds. Even though it is large it is incredibly stealthy.
  • Hyper Beam - Rayquaza can fire a powerful beam of energy from it's mouth capable of disintegrating it's foes.
  • Extreme Speed - An incredibly quick attack allowing Rayquaza to blitz it's foes.
  • Outrage - An incredibly powerful attack in which Rayquaza goes on a berserker-like rage.
  • Ancient Power - An attack that allows Rayquaza to attack with a prehistoric power - sending large boulders at his foes at blinding speeds.
  • Dragon Pulse - Rayquaza can generate an attack that sends a giant shockwave across the battlefield and at its foes.
  • Air Slash - Rayquaza uses and manipulates the wind around it and it's foes to slash at them.
  • Hyper Voice - Rayquaza sends high powered sonic waves from it's mouth to harm or disorient it's foes.

Originally a villain of the Silver Age Flash before he was killed, Roscoe Dillion uses trick tops and super speed to combat his foes - his most famous top being the 'Atomic Top' that almost blew up half the world. He became emotionally attached to Golden Glider, Captain Cold's sister, and the two quickly fell in love; however, after his death Glider went a tad 'crazy' and blamed Flash for all of it. Eventually Top returned from the dead - his will being too strong to keep him dead he inhabited the body of Henry Allen after his heart stopped for 30 seconds due to a car crash. Top was exorcised from Henry's body, yet came back once more. Using Zatanna's magic - Wally was able to turn Top into an ally; however, it was short lived and eventually Top went crazy.

Top used his own mental powers to cause the Rogues to depart and reform - Cold and Glider turned into bounty hunters, Piper became a hero, and Heatwave & Trickster joined the FBI.

Top is an incredibly deadly foe - and like they say, can't top the Top.

• Super Speed - Top has a high degree of superhuman speed, being able to go H2H with the Flash and even blitz Wally West.
  • Disorientation / Vertigo - Top has developed the ability to cause disorientation or sickness within his foes, he used this ability on Wally West to cause him to vomit mid fight.
  • Magic Resistance - After his return from the dead Top has developed a high resistance to magic, shown clearly with him resisting Zatanna's spells.
  • Telepathy / Mind Control - Top has developed mental abilities that allow him to control the minds or wipe the minds of others.

So yeah - that's the team.

Previously Vanquished Foes

I see you've written up a cool little "story" for your team - vanquishing some pretty powerful opponents from the tournament, thankfully I've done the same.

• Kang the Conqueror
  • Tangent Superman
  • Black Bolt
  • The Darkness

It turned out that their combined forces were unable to match the likes of Cyborg Superman, Despero, and Rayquaza in combat - and since then the roster of my team has increased.

So, Joygirl - are you ready to add your team to this list?

The Battle // Prepare to Fall

Alright - I've used both Mirror Master and Etrigan in tournaments several times, I know what they're capable of and you know that I know what they're capable of. Black Alice might be a tad new to me, but she's nothing this team can't handle.

Team TTBA // Flag Assignments

Since this is a CTF match I better assign my 3 flags to my team members

Flag 1 - Granted to Cyborg Superman

Flag 2 - Granted to Rayquaza

Flag 3 - Granted to Despero

This leaves Madison & Top without flags - but that's alright, as they'll be able to provide both fantastic offense and defense - plus the flag holding members of my team are all strong enough to head into battle too, you'll see what I've got up my sleeve, yo.

Countering your Items

So - you've gone and bought several items for your team to use - how unfortunate for you.

• Battle Computer - This one's right in the name, it's a computer. A computer means it's technology - and I've got TWO members of my team who can render technology completely useless for your team and/or make it useful for my team. Goodbye to Alice knowing exactly what power sets she'll have to use to counter my team.
  • Mirror Master's Weaponry - Mirror Master's blaster will be rendered completely useless as well - thus his ability to create portals to the Mirror World would be gone along with his ability to create duplicates AND summon mirror versions of himself.
  • Magneto's Helmet - I had to do a bit of research to figure out exactly what Magento's helmet was made of, thankfully it's metal and technology, at least according to it's page here on CV. Removing this from the equation renders Black Alice weak to telepathic assault, something both Top & Despero are capable of.

For anyone who is wondering what Cyborg Superman and Madison Jeffries are capable of via their technopathy/technoforming then I'll give a short display.

Cyborg Superman | Technopathy + Technomorphing

Scans Explained - Controls & Manipulates a portion of the Source Wall, the wall that lies on the edge of the known universe and protects a concept known as 'The Source'. Parallax Hal Jordan had previously tried to trap Cyborg Superman in the Source Wall, but as you see - it failed and Henshaw just began manipulating it to benefit himself.

Scans Explained - Henshaw takes control of the Alpha Lanterns and even forces one to commit suicide.

Scans Explained - Henshaw takes total control of the Tribunal Planet, thus displaying his abilities as a Planetary level Technopath.

I've got more for Henshaw but this should do for now - considering ALL of the above feats were performed on technologies far more advanced than a helmet, a mirror gun, and a combat computer.

Madison Jeffries | Technopathy + Technoforming

Scans Explained - Madison quickly makes a Box Suit for himself out of foreign metals that he's had no previous interactions with. So even if the metals are unfamiliar to him he can still manipulate them.

Scans Explained - Madison uses his abilities to talk with machines in order to learn the secrets of this Oil Rig.

Scans Explained - Madison uses his abilities to sense & take control of 784,000,000,000,000 nanobots. That number is also known as SEVEN HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FOUR TRILLION - huge number.

Once again - I've got more for Madison to show if required - but this should suffice for now.

Honestly - I don't see how any of your technology is going to work here, in fact, none of it should - this means the following:

• Mirror Master can't make duplicates of himself
  • Mirror Master can't transmute anyone into glass
  • Mirror Master can't access the Mirror World
  • Black Alice can't use the Battle Computer to find the ideal power set for this scenario
  • Black Alice isn't resistance to telepathic assault

Not really off to a good start for your team, huh?

Despero's Telepathic Assault

So looking at your team you've got little to no telepathic resistance - bummer considering I've got Despero on my team [ who puts Martian Manhunter to shame ] along with Top who can mindwipe the Rouges [ that means you Mirror Master ] and most likely Black Alice and Etrigan as well.

Etrigan might have some sort of natural resistance to telepathy - I don't know much about the Toxin symbiote; however, so maybe that'll give you another small boost in the TP defense department?

Anyways - for those who are uneducated on Despero's telepathic feats; here you go.

Scans Explained - Despero combats MMH in some physical combat then decides to mind rape him & turns him into a drooling mess.

Scans Explained - Despero combats MMH + Aquaman in telepathic combat and easily wins, placing them under his mind control. He then puts Batman under mind control as well.

Nobody on your team is even close to MMH's telepathic abilities [ offensive or defensive ] so I don't think I need to post anymore for now unless you can prove that anyone on your team is resistant to telepathy.

I see him easily mind wiping everyone on your team - mind raping them all - and having them willingly hand over your flags to us.

Unless you can get past this telepathic assault then I don't see much your team can do here - I'll leave my post like this until I see more of what you've got. This might not even require a physical brawl or encounter for my team at all - Technopathy & Telepathy kind of wins it for me.

Conclusions

• All your teams tech is immediately rendered useless by Cyborg Superman & Madison Jeffries
  • Mirror Master can't access the Mirror World
  • Mirror Master can't replicate himself
  • Black Alice can't use the Battle Computer to find the ideal power set
  • Nobody on your team is resistant to Despero mindraping them into submission and forcing you to give my team your flags before shutting your team down permenantly.

Huzzah - best of luck @joygirl, your response should be interesting and it seems we've got quite a following on this battle already. Let's not disappoint, eh?

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: heads up @joygirl and @lukehero Magnetos helmet doesnt block telepathy... its a common myth perpetrated by the movies... no Magneto is a latent telepath thats what makes his TP defense so strong

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@thetruebarryallen: @lukehero: @kidman560: Then, since the item in question is designed to be a telepathy blocker, let's like it to Juggernaut's helmet instead, oui?

I say we keep the design of the Helmet but just make it an "Anti-Telepathy" helmet such as the "Anti Soul Rape" Helmet is. I don't need Black Alice turning into an Avatar of Cryotakk on me here :P

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: Jugglybug's helmet isn't related to his powers I don't think, it just protects him. But oui, perhaps an untyped anti-telepathy helmet would be best. It's also less tacky.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@thetruebarryallen: Jugglybug's helmet isn't related to his powers I don't think, it just protects him. But oui, perhaps an untyped anti-telepathy helmet would be best. It's also less tacky.

And on this day Juggernaut forever became known as Jugglybug.

Yeah - I'm fine with just a plain Jane Anti-TP helmet. That was the intended purpose of the store item - so let's just go with that :3

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: @joygirl: @kidman560: Kidman, what on earth are you talking about? The helmet protects him from TP. Yes, Magneto does have so,e TP feats, but nothing spectacular in terms of TP defense. Magneto has even put the helmet on others to protect them from TP attacks. Proffessor X wrecks Magneto without his helmet. I'll show some scans in a few moments.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Why don't we just call a spade a spade, or in this case, Magneto's Helmet and untyped Anti-Telepathy helmet, and call it a day? Faster, smoother, easier, foolproof, nothing gets ugly.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Do I see you trying to get it "untyped" in an attempt to prevent Madison & Cyborg Supe's from taking away your pretty helmet? :P

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: :O Why Mr. Allen, you wound me. To think that I would use such untoward and low tactics to delete a naturally-occurring disadvantage, what kind of girl to you think I am? Now, if our host DOES consider it prudent to alter the precise nature of the protective item in question, it would certainly appreciate the way that would affect the overall battle. But I would never attempt to organize such a shift for selfish reasons. :3

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Why I do declare, Madam Joy, if you were attempting to organize such a coop then I'd be terribly and deeply hurt. Why now it's much easier for the two of us if we just let Alice fall to a simple Despero induced headache then having to create a barroom brawl out of things.

I'd feel mighty terrible about harming a hair on Alice's pretty face with one of Henshaw's pretty golden rings, there!

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By mickey-mouse

@thetruebarryallen: @kidman560: @joygirl: That's fine, but Magneto's Helmet really does block TP. I really don't want to change it from Magneto's Helmet, but...it's whatever.

Example: Check the scans here.

There was this telepath named Friendless who was straight up mind raping Rachel Summers & before that he mind raped & controlled several different X-Men & stuff.

No Caption Provided

Anyway it's self explanatory.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So...yeah, that's just one example... I don't know where Kidman got this idea that the anti TP Helmet thing is from the movies? When Magneto takes off his helmet he has gotten owned by telepaths, especially Professor X.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: I mean - I'm fine with it being Magneto's helmet - it's easier to apply to battles than a featless object.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl:

@lukehero: I mean - I'm fine with it being Magneto's helmet - it's easier to apply to battles than a featless object.

That's basically why I wanted to keep it Magneto, it has limits & feats. The soul rape helmet is basically limitless, unless you are able to get it off.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: I'm sure you ARE fine with it being Magneto's helmet... ooh and I'm sure those feats will make or break things. :P

Fu-Dog007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@lukehero:

Could ya tag me for dem votes when the voting starts?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: What's the final word on the helmet? Magneto's or untyped? It'd be helpful for me to know before I make my next post.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#49  Edited By Dextersinister

@lukeheroThe Magneto blocking telepathy thing was originally a myth but the movies had a large impact on the X-Men comics and now Magnetos helmet stops telepathy regardless of who wears them. Scott found a huge pile of Magneto helmets/hats/tiaras from alternate dimension Mags and they all stopped telepathy from an evil Xavier wired up to a hundreds of Xavier heads.

No Caption Provided

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#50  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

@joygirl said:

@lukehero: What's the final word on the helmet? Magneto's or untyped? It'd be helpful for me to know before I make my next post.

If someone with the Soul Rape helmet gets no-limits, neither should the TP helmet. (IMO)